Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

6 minutes ago, gellerthyde said:

Also this new system proves that cs was lying us all, all this time! They were just fixing dashboard metrics if there is any mistaken cancellations etc. But those were sitting on algorithm all these time! They punished sellers for nothing for months and years without doing their job correctly.

YESSS, that was always the case. I always had drop in traffic and enquiries after cancellation.

Our dashboard metrics have just been the AESTHETICS to keep us glued... 🥰

• Like 15
  • Up 6

30 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

I swear.. still on the OLD system!! 

We are the noisy kids of the class, so we will get our answer sheets in the end. 🥲

We let everyone get used to it before we start seeing the change.

I am still on the old one too.

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

Aside from the 4.9 RUINING 😡 my perfect scores (and I am still N/A on my dashboard...), I suppose I am somewhat mollified. But don't worry, fans. I still think this is a ghastly new review system that needs serious reconsideration, so my pitchfork is still primed. 

I also have no idea what's going on. But I have returned from the supermarket with some carrots. Which is on topic because it matches the orange color of the thing. I'm going to make some soup now. Lentil soup (with carrots) since nobody asked. 

P.S. If Fiverr's counting cancelled orders from like, a long time ago, it's it seems like a good idea for sellers to buy seller plus and buy RTO. Was this entire review system little more than a fiendish plot designed to push sellers into buying SP and thus pushing up Fiverr's take to wow and woo investors? 

We will never know. 

image.png.881bb14132b4f4fff11a6893056c8bfe.png

• Like 17
  • Haha 5
  • Up 2

Everyone needs to calm down a bit and focus on sharing constructive criticism rather than go all Incognito Inc. 

I would advise everyone to keep personal stories to a minimum and provide "constructive criticism". I would prefer if the new review changes didn't happen but I'd also be happy if they extended the range by another year or two since taking in reviews from only the last 2 years into account seems a bit much.

@Kesha hopefully, we'll hear more about what's in the oven sooner rather than later. 

Thank you. 

• Like 13
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, emmaki said:

P.S. If Fiverr's counting cancelled orders from like, a long time ago, it's it seems like a good idea for sellers to buy seller plus and buy RTO. Was this entire review system little more than a fiendish plot designed to push sellers into buying SP and thus pushing up Fiverr's take to wow and woo investors? 

What is RTO?

• Like 12

Just now, emmaki said:

C'mon @ssj1236. It's the release of a new rating and level system. This always causes an apocalyptic meltdown in the seller community. It's tradition!

You have my sword and my bow and my axe but the pitchfork is with the blacksmith getting primed for the eventual fallout.

This new system is prime for scams and strong-arming sellers. I'm on the hook for a cancellation right now since the buyer wants to get on call but is conveniently only available for 30 minutes a day at 3 am at night. Little do they know, I never grew out of my college sleep cycle. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, emmaki said:

😡 and I am still N/A on my dashboard...

image.png.881bb14132b4f4fff11a6893056c8bfe.png

I had the N/A also on my rating in December 2023. Once I have finished a new order in January, my score is back.

I took a break starting from October. I think the reason is this drop in performance. May be that is the reason of yours too.

There are a lot of change here on Fiverr for this last 4 months

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 16

14 minutes ago, msw_77 said:

What is RTO?

RTO = Request to Order = Buyers can't order without sending a message to the inbox first. 

10 minutes ago, ssj1236 said:

This new system is prime for scams and strong-arming sellers.

They all have been, really. Fiverr would really benefit from one of those paid dispute arbitrations where both parties have to pay $250. I'm not sure if they still have it now but they used to do it so that if a buyer/seller started one and the other party refused to join the "court" then it was an automatic win (with no review). I think you still lost the $250 though. 

Worth it. But it's the sort of thing that damages the sacrosanct integrity of review systems unlike... oh, I don't know, automagically changing 5 star reviews into 4.7 star reviews by accident. 

10 minutes ago, michmikaia said:

I had the N/A also on my rating in December 2023. Once I have finished a new order in January, my score is back.

It's not my first time on the N/A rodeo. But last time wasn't in the middle of all of this. Should be getting a review later today. So you know, my beautiful stats could all be destroyed before I go to bed for my final rest, far away from the worries and cares of Fiverr the world. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

10/10 overall success score. I totally love the new system now. 😇 Surprisingly, my proofreading gig is only 9/10 - my communication is bad, apparently. I wonder if it's because I consistently refuse to count the words on their websites (some of them have 20+ pages) for them before I even know if they can afford me.

Did you get it, @catwriter, @priyank_mod

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 17
  • Up 4

8 minutes ago, vibronx said:

10/10 overall success score. I totally love the new system now. 😇 Surprisingly, my proofreading gig is only 9/10 - my communication is bad, apparently. I wonder if it's because I consistently refuse to count the words on their websites (some of them have 20+ pages) for them before I even know if they can afford me.

Did you get it, @catwriter, @priyank_mod?

All my gigs are 10 except a failed gig (which I thought I disabled), scored at 8, which made 2 sales about 2 years ago: 

• A buyer who loved what I wrote but rewrote the whole thing and then asked me to proofread his rewrite. I told him off (yes, I tell clients off). He changed his mind. He did not leave a public review. 
  • A cancellation from someone who wanted something I didn't do

It has been tumbleweeds since then. 

image.png.991ed6c798de1ec3a0ac9eec3912bdb3.png

This is proof that telling clients off is a good way to succeed on Fiverr 🙂

(please don't try this at home children)

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 13
  • Haha 4
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I wonder if it's because I consistently refuse to count the words on their websites (some of them have 20+ pages) for them before I even know if they can afford me.

I have the same problem as you when I'm asked to translate websites. But if they don't want to give me the pages in a Word file and I don't count, there's no order! No orders => no bad reviews for communication!

• Like 11
  • Up 4

Just now, carineb said:

I have the same problem as you when I'm asked to translate websites. But if they don't want to give me the pages in a Word file and I don't count, there's no order! No orders => no bad reviews for communication!

True! It's really annoying, though. I got a guy yesterday who told me to count the words on his massive website. I refused, of course. Then he just told me that I had to do it. I don't have to do anything. 🙄

It would've taken me 30 minutes to get his word count. Why would I waste that time? 

• Like 13
  • Up 3

Exactly.

I am a Level 2 seller, now becoming a Level 0 seller. I got a success score of 4 because of order cancellations that weren't my fault, I always got the negative impact reversed by the support - so my completion rate was 100% all the time. Except once, when I cancelled an order because the customer wanted me to promote a far-right political thing. 

I don't understand why this is now ruining all my work. It feels random and unfair and frankly, it's a nightmare. It's having a really negative impact on my trust in Fiverr as a seller.

If this stands, I'm devastated.

• Like 18
  • Sad 7
  • Up 3

24 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I wonder if it's because I consistently refuse to count the words on their websites (some of them have 20+ pages) for them before I even know if they can afford me.

Maybe there's an AI that could help count them or a script used?

This is what perplexity.ai suggests for a Python script:

import requests
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
from urllib.parse import urljoin
from urllib.request import urlopen
import re

def get_words_count(url):
    # Fetch the webpage content
    response = requests.get(url)
    soup = BeautifulSoup(response.content, 'html.parser')

# Extract text from the webpage
    text = soup.get_text()

# Count the words
    words = re.findall(r'\w+', text)
    word_count = len(words)

print(f"Word count for {url}: {word_count}")

# Find and count words on linked pages
    links = soup.find_all('a', href=True)
    for link in links:
        absolute_link = urljoin(url, link['href'])
        try:
            html = urlopen(absolute_link)
            soup = BeautifulSoup(html, 'html.parser')
            text = soup.get_text()
            words = re.findall(r'\w+', text)
            word_count = len(words)
            print(f"Word count for {absolute_link}: {word_count}")
        except:
            pass

# Example usage
get_words_count('https://example.com')

Also from Perlpexity.ai:

This script uses the requests module to fetch the webpage content, BeautifulSoup to extract text and find links, and urllib to open and read linked pages. It then counts the words on the main page and each linked page. The provided script is a basic example and may need to be extended to handle various cases such as different types of links, error handling, and sitemap integration.

So maybe if someone often gets people asking for translating all the pages on a website (or a list of urls) then that (if it works, or something similar) might be able to give a rough idea of how many words there were in total.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 13

6 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

Maybe there's an AI that could help count them or a script used?

This is what perplexity.ai suggests for a Python script:

I've been looking for a solution for a long time. I've already asked the question on forums, but everyone tells me to copy and paste and count.

I have absolutely no idea how to use these scripts but I'll try to figure it out.
I've just found https://appscyborg.com/document-cyborg I tried it a few minutes ago and it seems really good for getting the text in a word file and therefore the number of words.

Sorry, we're a bit off-topic 😉

Edited by carineb
  • Like 15

5 minutes ago, christiangrollm said:

Exactly.

I am a Level 2 seller, now becoming a Level 0 seller. I got a success score of 4 because of order cancellations that weren't my fault, I always got the negative impact reversed by the support - so my completion rate was 100% all the time. Except once, when I cancelled an order because the customer wanted me to promote a far-right political thing. 

I don't understand why this is now ruining all my work. It feels random and unfair and frankly, it's a nightmare. It's having a really negative impact on my trust in Fiverr as a seller.

If this stands, I'm devastated.

Im almost in the same boat as you. From level 2 to level 1, with 5 success score. Awarding me with Strong negative impact on order cancellations, even though most of them were before submitting requirements so they shouldn't count. And even if they do (unfairly) count em, I still had 100% in all areas before this stupid evaluation took place. And what is "conflicted orders?" Does this mean disputes on time extension or revisions? My niche is creative so lots of feedback goes back and forth, mostly its the clients mistake (providing me with the wrong logo or script), so should I suffer for it? And it its based on going to CS for orders, i wouldve gone like, 4 times max, lifetime. And I got a negative impact on ALL gigs for it.

This new system is buggy and BS and needs to be rectified soon. Tbh I had so much to do and this is a serious turn off

• Like 14
  • Up 3

4 minutes ago, carineb said:

have absolutely no idea how to use these scripts but I'll try to figure it out.

For that one you'd need to install Python first  - if using Windows anyway (and which version might depend on what things are being included)

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 11

@uk1000 Python is coding though, and coding is like magic and impossible for mere non-coders to get their head around without a lot of swearing and getting things wrong. Or, my favorite, watching a YT "tutorial" that promises to show you how to X as a beginner but inevitably skips multiple steps leaving you with a half-finished thing and no idea what to do next.

Ask me how I know...

My usual solution to this website wordcount problem is to find a very large page full of lots of words, popping it into whatever website came top of Google for the term "website word count" then slapping in the URL or a ctrl+c of the entire page, then going back to the client with the news that their rewrite will cost $quitealotofmoney according to the helpful word count pricing calculator on my gig page and providing a link to the page assessed, the gig, and the word counter.

Doesn't take too long and makes the client run away very fast without checking anything. And of course I've been very helpful throughout. Why don't people love me? 😢

Apart from Fiverr's new ratings and levels system, whose love I spurn cruelly, of course. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
  • Up 3

Waiting for this latest nightmare update to come.

So apparently I'm 8/10 and a glaring

image.png.897e460fac3d811e1c000b7db448d33a.png

Yet I maintain and have always maintained a 5 star average with glowing reviews all over the place.

Guessing this is the wildly unfairly and deeply insidious private reviews thing and some disgruntled client has attacked me privately?  I've had a couple cancellations made by support for problematic customers.

They don't tell me what it is and the way to improve it is some canned generic non-sense about being a "better seller", enough to drive someone crazy honestly.

I've been a TRS since 2015 and always maintained an a top level of service, I get rewarded for that by them threatening to demote me.  Wonderful.

Edited by smork
  • Like 22
  • Sad 1
  • Up 9

3 minutes ago, smork said:

Esperando que llegue esta última actualización de pesadilla.

Aparentemente tengo 8/10 y soy deslumbrante.

imagen.png.897e460fac3d811e1c000b7db448d33a.png

Sin embargo, mantengo y siempre he mantenido un promedio de 5 estrellas con críticas entusiastas por todas partes.

¿Supongo que se trata de reseñas privadas tremendamente injustas y profundamente insidiosas y algún cliente descontento me ha atacado en privado? El soporte técnico realizó un par de cancelaciones para clientes problemáticos.

No me dicen qué es y la forma de mejorarlo es alguna tontería genérica enlatada sobre ser un "mejor vendedor", suficiente para volver loco a alguien honestamente.

He sido TRS desde 2015 y siempre mantuve un nivel superior de servicio, por eso me recompensan amenazándome con degradarme. Maravilloso.

Literally that what's happen to me, I was a seller Level 2 and Fiverr just dropped me to 0, almost all my reviews was excepcional, the people give me 5 stars and reviews with more of 200 characters positive, and fiverr justput me all my gigs as ''Client Satisfaction - Negative Satisfaction'' simply I don't get sense to this. I can be sure that I had 2 clients last month who gave me a negative rating because they gave me 4.3 on fiverr, and they were clients who complained about everything, but other than that all my clients are satisfied

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

• Like 13
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1