Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

1 hour ago, chopperbricks said:

I want to add this:
This small side gig I made 2 years ago has only had about 5 orders (ignore the dreadful gig cover I still haven't updated). Before today, it had a score of 4 with negative impact in several categories(I had it screenshotted from last week, see the 2nd image).
It seems they actually listened and fixed it. I haven't had an order from this gig in over 5 months and it didnt make sense for it to have a score.
So whatever we say, they might actually be trying to do things right.

before today:

image.png?ex=65e8a86f&is=65d6336f&hm=20f63067f410de8b70cb16c2ff0b3346c9936bb47f26a743efe5d726dbec4029&=

after today:

image.png?ex=65e9f301&is=65d77e01&hm=4504486f31497eea1f9f27fc468946283bec0f9aa9ac655301d1c2de6807f487&=

2 of my gigs lost their scores 1-2 days ago and the feedback from Customer Support about this is that these gigs didn't have new orders for some time (close to a year actually), so the scores disappeared:

image.png.4848eb004633a680f4c79a66bace76cf.png

So I wouldn't bet on insight-driven fixing but rather duct taping.

Edited by vhskid
  • Like 25

(Emmaki, thank you for the last webinar transcript and sharing shots of the slides for this one. Definitely helps me!)

I'm curious about the Buyer Diversity thing. What does that really mean?

"Tailor assessments to accommodate the unique characteristics, patterns, and preferences of diverse buyers."

This says nothing. Do buyers from different countries matter (Surely not!). Buyers at different price points? Those who do one-off orders vs. subscriptions? Those who order different services from various sellers on the whole platform?

There is no actual, usable information about what any of this means. I'd get a serious hit to my "Client Satisfaction" and "Value for the Money" scores if I wrote this much fluff in the content I deliver.

• Like 25
  • Up 1

I would translate that as "different cultures do things in different ways".

Or it could just be Fiverr using a $2 word when "different" was just as good. But that phrase does have the hallmarks of corporate diversity box checking, so who knows.

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, melanielm said:

(Emmaki, thank you for the last webinar transcript and sharing shots of the slides for this one. Definitely helps me!)

"Tailor assessments to accommodate the unique characteristics, patterns, and preferences of diverse buyers."

This says nothing. Do buyers from different countries matter (Surely not!). Buyers at different price points? Those who do one-off orders vs. subscriptions? Those who order different services from various sellers on the whole platform?

There is no actual, usable information about what any of this means. I'd get a serious hit to my "Client Satisfaction" and "Value for the Money" scores if I wrote this much fluff in the content I deliver.

Fiverr has a completely different system in place to quantify buyers.

So they probably have now implemented a way of checking if sellers get orders from different types of buyer profiles, or if for example a seller keeps getting orders from the same buyers.

To clarify, they are probably taking into acount both the buyer "persona" and the actual buyer profile, as to figure out if purchases are honest and within a specific range of parameters.

• Like 21
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, melanielm said:

I believe this might be about different attributes of buyer profiling, which Fiverr must have done. i.e.

- Buyer Level (we had business, select etc before)

- Industry

- Average Spending 

- Vintage on the platform (catering well to New buyers gets extra brownie points)

- Geography

- Nature of requirement/usage (personal project vs business usage)

- Buyer's personal demographic information which Fiverr might have captured etc etc

• Like 20
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

Fiverr should let the buyer decide the rating (stars) he wants to give the seller. How can Fiverr decide buyers' experience with few questions? Did Fiverr have an option to read minds? 

Now Fiverr says that 4 stars is a good/positive review  If Fiverr says 4 stars is g good review, Why do they ask questions like "Where you can improve?" They should not ask that question If 4star is a good review. 

Instead of that they should ask "THINGS THAT WENT WELL" if 4 stars is a good review. 

• Like 25
  • Haha 1

So they said:

What we did: Redesigning the level system:

3) Better connect the level system to Fiverr benefits, features and programs

How is going from allowing 10 active gigs to 0 more active gigs when you advance from level 1 to level 2 "better connect[ing] the level system to Fiverr benefits" than increasing the amount of allowed active gigs by 10 when you get to that level (as the old level system did).

Fiverr still hasn't said why they reduced that benefit for level 2 (or why they reduced the number of allowed gigs for unlevelled sellers but not for TRS) and why there's now a big jump from 10 to 30 when someone goes to TRS.  They avoided that question in the other thread.

Maybe they don't want level 2 sellers to have many gigs now but they do for TRS so give them a much higher increase (which isn't totally fair really for all levels if there aren't more continuous benefits when reaching different levels).

But one change with the new stats system is the removal of the "on time delivery %" and "completion rate %" from the dashboard and analytics pages. Maybe they're not as important to Fiverr as before (eg. Fiverr might not think they should affect the rank as much as they did previously - though it will be built into the score now instead probably but still likely not affect things as much).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 20

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

Fiverr still hasn't said why they reduced that benefit for level 2 (or why they reduced the number of allowed gigs for unlevelled sellers but not for TRS) and why there's now a big jump from 10 to 30 when someone goes to TRS.  They avoided that question in the other thread.

Maybe they don't want level 2 sellers to have many gigs now but they do for TRS so give them a much higher increase (which isn't totally fair really for all levels if there aren't more continuous benefits when reaching different levels).

Possibly this has to do with the matrix of ONLY having a certain number of sellers at each level (with corresponding gigs) in each category. 

On any given day, search results show somewhat 960 gigs (spread across 20 pages) for any search - so maybe they are limiting the number of Level 1 + 2 gigs which can appear in search results. While TRS/New Sellers might get more exposure with a relatively higher proportion of gigs in the results!! 

• Like 20
  • Haha 1
  • Up 3

I read somewhere that the drop from 20 to 10 gigs on lvl 2 might be because Fiverr is expecting a lot of ping-ponging between these levels, and it would be annoying to have to constantly deal with that. I think they're letting people keep their 20 existing gigs though.

I can't remember who said any of this or whether it was from Fiverr or a seller.

But they are going to be more "lenient" on TRS/Pro per their email yesterday wrt to manual checks and stuff.

As for the big leap from 10 - 30, I think it's to help TRS/Pro stand out more by giving them more potential visibility, so I guess we're on the same page there. But I don't think all that many sellers really use all 30 gigs? Fiverr did say in August at the last PR that they were going to make the marketplace a lot more focused on Pro. And TRS is still harder to get than Pro IMO.

It's just one of many questions that we're probably never going to have answered to our full satisfaction. Which would be a lot less annoying if they didn't keep throwing around the word transparency.

• Like 23
  • Up 6

9 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

How is going from allowing 10 active gigs to 0 more active gigs when you advance from level 1 to level 2 "better connect[ing] the level system to Fiverr benefits" than increasing the amount of allowed active gigs by 10 when you get to that level (as the old level system did).

To be honest, that's only only thing I agree with Fiverr on—and I would've been even more drastic. I would've limited the gigs to 5. Yes, FIVE and only FIVE!!!

90% of the gigs sellers have are duplicate gigs.

15 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

But one change with the new stats system is the removal of the "late deliveries" and "completion rate" from the dashboard and analytics pages. Maybe they're not as important to Fiverr as before (eg. Fiverr might not think they should affect the rank as much as they did previously - though it will be built into the score now instead probably).

Tell that to all those who saw their scores drop due to cancellations/late deliveries (old and new). If they weren't as important as before, Fiverr wouldn't be showing them as a negative/strong negative impact.

• Like 24
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, frank_d said:

Hey gang.

Since @Kesha locked the official news thread, I felt like it was valid for us to create a new thread on this section of the forum, so we can gather our questions, concerns and feedback on the new system.

Let's please refrain from actually asking for support for our personal accounts, anyone who needs immediate assistance should open an official ticket with CS instead.

This thread is for sellers, members of this community, to openly ask questions, express opinions and discuss their issues or concerns around the new leveling system.

I will try to keep this thread open but I will also do my best to ensure off-topic replies and requests for support are hidden, so we can keep things clean.

Thank you for this @frank_d! I have watched today's webinar about the new leveling system, but I have to say I was not able to figure out how it really works. They said this change is "pro-sellers" but I honestly can't agree for now.

My situation.. For personal reasons, I have been away from Fiverr for a while, had to cancel orders, replied late and delivered late. I was Level 2 and now I am back to being Level 0 and I have no idea where to start or what to do to gain orders and customers again, specially with this new leveling system.. How can people in situations like mine get back on track again? Should we create new gigs? Delete this account and start from zero?? I am honestly so hopeless right now about my Fiverr account.. and these changes they are implying are not helping at all.. 😞

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, maitasun said:

To be honest, that's only only thing I agree with Fiverr on—and I would've been even more drastic. I would've limited the gigs to 5. Yes, FIVE and only FIVE!!!

90% of the gigs sellers have are duplicate gigs.

Tell that to all those who saw their scores drop due to cancellations/late deliveries (old and new). If they weren't as important as before, Fiverr wouldn't be showing them as a negative/strong negative impact.

'I will paint you a picture with blue paint for $5' 

'I will paint you a picture with blue and red paint for $5' 

'I will paint you a picture with blue and red and green paint for $5' 

Yeah, I've never understood that either.

Edited by terrygrantvo
  • Like 20
  • Haha 2
  • Up 5

5 minutes ago, terrygrantvo said:

delivers black and white picture

• Like 20
  • Haha 12
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, terrygrantvo said:

Yeah, I never understood that either.

From last 6 months, I have been contemplating about adding a new gig to diversify but the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to create a quality gig - I have just been dilly-dallying about it. 🫠

While every day I see people asking on forums and starting new gigs like

8342E3FD-AE92-420A-A5D1-76B78C4D72E0.gif

• Like 23
  • Up 2

23 minutes ago, maitasun said:

Though I dropped levels due to one of those stats but in the new system it shows me back on level 2 even though it did (before about today) show "strong negative impact" for one of those on the gig. So since it put me (with the new system) on the higher level than now and they got rid of those from the dashboard/analytics/evaluation it seems that they're not as important as before in the system (as long as the buyers are okay enough with the order & how things went eg. if you were a short time late but the buyer didn't mind then it wouldn't matter as much but with the old system it would)

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 20

13 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Little do they know that their gig (and profile) will need to pass Fiverr's approval first. From what I can tell, that's stopping quite a lot of new sellers dead in their tracks. They can get quite angry about it, too. I'm not sure that it's always justified, but from the few examples I've checked out I can't say that Fiverr was wrong.

Personally, I think it's a double-pronged attack: prune existing bad sellers who can't or won't shape up while just not letting anyone in who doesn't fit Fiverr's mystery criteria (high quality, trustworthy according to the automated mail).

If this product release has all the kinks smoothed out and works as well as Fiverr wants us to believe it will, I think the seller marketplace could shrink quite a bit which isn't a bad thing. But there are still quite a few sellers on their second/third/fourth accounts if you choose to believe some members of r/fiverr.

Edited by emmaki
  • Like 23

25 minutes ago, mjaninea said:

Mi situación... Por motivos personales, he estado alejado de Fiverr por un tiempo, tuve que cancelar pedidos, respondí tarde y entregué tarde. Estaba en el Nivel 2 y ahora he vuelto al Nivel 0 y no tengo idea de por dónde empezar o qué hacer para volver a ganar pedidos y clientes, especialmente con este nuevo sistema de nivelación. ¿Cómo pueden las personas en situaciones como la mía volver a estar en el nivel? rastrear de nuevo? ¿Deberíamos crear nuevos conciertos? ¿Eliminar esta cuenta y empezar desde cero? Honestamente, estoy tan desesperado en este momento con mi cuenta Fiverr... y estos cambios que están implicando no están ayudando en absoluto... 😞

At least you qualify for a level, 0, but level at last... I, with a better background than yours, do not qualify for any level and I am as Low Performer 😕

This is what seems unfair to me about taking into account all sellers of the same category for the success score, since we are not at all from the same position in our personal or work lives... But as I indicated in my first comment, it is what it is, whether we like it or not 🙂

• Like 20
  • Up 2

Since this thread was created to express opinions and my concerns, I wanted to voice them:

1. After the new update of the system of evaluations and ratings, we got a system that works in an absolutely incomprehensible way. At least it can be seen at the moment when this system works differently for everyone, which has already been clearly demonstrated several times by freelancers in discussions.

2. Fiverr in every application tries to tell us that it does everything for buyers and sellers. But what to do if probably the whole community of sellers is not satisfied with the new innovations? Why are we not heard? Why aren't they listening to their community? 

3. The level system has been changed with complete disregard for any fairness to the performers. 
It seems that even one negative grade can ruin your career on the set.

• Like 21
  • Up 5

I have to detach myself from this to a great extent for self-preservation reasons, but from what I gather in the little I've read is we collectively as Fiverr-ers do not have a greater understanding about anything, and neither does staff or CS. Is this correct? 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 20
  • Up 4

7 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I have to detach myself from this to a great extent for self-preservation reasons, but from what I gather in the little I've read is we collectively as Fiverr-ers do not have a greater understanding about anything, and neither does staff or CS. Is this correct? 

@Kesha in another post... As you can see: "the new system is very complex with many intricacies. I don't have an answer to all these questions" so... 🙃

• Like 19
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, priyank_mod said:

From last 6 months, I have been contemplating about adding a new gig to diversify but the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to create a quality gig - I have just been dilly-dallying about it. 🫠

8342E3FD-AE92-420A-A5D1-76B78C4D72E0.gif

Could this be an Idiocracy type of situation? I feel like if you keep that mentality you'll be out ...... gig'd by the mobs of low quality gigs.

• Like 23