Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

On 2/15/2024 at 6:28 AM, voicedbyken said:

If they go forward with this as it is, we are all screwed.

Just reread the Success Score page and from what I can gather [without it being explicitly stated] is that they are using a Grammarly-style ai to monitor and review communications, gig descriptions, etc... to determine the mood, context, and other factors in both the seller and buyers communications. This is why many of us who are borderline over-communicative are seeing strikes in our success rating for communication issues. The algorithm does not understand human speech in the same way actual humans do, so it makes a generic interpretation that does not align with what is actually going on.  

This is just a small portion of the issues as most of us are aware that the entire system is being turned upside down as will many of our livelihoods in the long term once this goes into full effect.

Decisions are being made by experimental ai and not being reviewed by real people. The more I read the more scared I get.

I tried the Fiverr AI tool. It used an inappropriate tone, referred to me using unprofessional words, and couldn't understand the difference between a buyer and a seller. Given the level of competence displayed by this level change, I think you’re right and they're outsourcing much this process (design too) to AI. Absolutely crazy, considering how much they make off of their sellers. I enjoyed working on Fiverr but when the people in charge are actively working against me—and more importantly—my customers, it’s time to wind down.

• Like 14
  • Up 7

18 minutes ago, leonormiserol said:

It seems to me that we should educate our customers before they qualify, without violating the TOS, explaining that it is a little more confusing now, just be sure to point out the correct options.

I was thinking the same thing, just clarifying that the questions at the end are a review of my services and not a general Fiverr survey. I would say please go over everything honestly, but do keep that in mind as you fill it out.

Idk if that would be against tos or not.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, eclixo said:

Can't we tell buyer about updated rating system before asking them feedback? or is that a violation of Terms and conditions?

Directing them to give feedback is acceptable. Pressuring them to give a certain level would not be fine. I think the best thing you can do is give them the link to Fiverr’s level thresholds. They’ll see that a 4.6 means they want the seller kicked off the platform. However, you’ll still probably get kicked off the platform because of the private review they left where they thought they were rating Fiverr’s system.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

14 hours ago, vhskid said:

So you are admitting here, that the algorithm / AI can misinterpret some data (or human interactions) and the scores can be wrong / unreliable?

Does the Customer Support or other internal team have means / tools / rights to manually change the scores / metrics?

If so how manual re-scoring would be assessed? What factors would be considered?

This message was not to say that the AI can misinterpret, and I would like to assure you that these scores are made up not only by an AI but also by internal evaluation from the Fiverr team. Should a seller like yourself feel the score giving was misjudged, then at that point you can reach out to our Customer Support to flag this issue and have it reviewed by the appropriate teams. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lyndsey_Fiverr said:

This message was not to say that the AI can misinterpret, and I would like to assure you that these scores are made up not only by an AI but also by internal evaluation from the Fiverr team. Should a seller like yourself feel the score giving was misjudged, then at that point you can reach out to our Customer Support to flag this issue and have it reviewed by the appropriate teams. 

Ai shouldn't be doing anything with our score without being double checked by humans before said score goes live. The amount of obvious errors would require you to hire another 1000+ Customer Support members and dozens of well-trained assistants to each Success Coach just to handle the requests. Meanwhile, we get judged by faulty ai and it's on us to defend ourselves against information we don't have access to. This is the opposite of transparency.

• Like 15
  • Up 6

5 minutes ago, Lyndsey_Fiverr said:

At this time, Customer Service must have thousands of messages from all of us who feel unfairly affected.
They have to reconsider some things. They could leave this new system on hold until it is properly tested and thus avoid all the community discomfort.

• Like 8
  • Up 9

Just now, leonormiserol said:

At this time, Customer Service must have thousands of messages from all of us who feel unfairly affected.
They have to reconsider some things. They could leave this new system on hold until it is properly tested and thus avoid all the community discomfort.

That would require them to admit they may be wrong. From the vague and scripted responses of Fiverr staff including CS and the convenient absence of all of our Success Coaches I gather they would rather watch it burn down than admit fault

• Like 8
  • Up 7

On 2/14/2024 at 2:23 PM, adanaik said:

Hello @Kesha,

Can you take a look at my scenario, my profile was eligible for being Top Rated, maybe tomorrow. But now I have a ACCOUNT FLAGGED for Inconsistent Locations. 

How can I improve? How to determine my location??

Hi @adanaik, I am so sorry for any stress this is causing. We are currently working with the appropriate teams to decipher if this message is a bug or to give feedback on next steps. We will update the forum with more information on this pop-up banner as soon as we are able, and appreciate your patience. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 3:45 PM, tomascello said:

Hi @Kesha, I'm new to the forum. Could someone please assist me? I've noticed that many others are experiencing the same issue. My gig only has 5-star reviews in all aspects. I've never delivered an order late, and I've never had any cancellations. How is it possible that I have a success score of 4? Thank you in advance. Regards.

image.jpeg.b59fa726456f5d3654377143d672de37.jpeg

Hi @tomascello I would encourage you to you reach out to Customer Service, or your Customer Success Manager if applicable. On the forum, we are not able to give insights into your specific profile or warnings. Should you have any questions about the changes to the level evaluation system or about the forum we are more than happy to shed more light. 

• Like 6

On 2/14/2024 at 5:40 PM, arianelaurent said:

Sending the best of luck to everyone! Do we know whether deactivating or deleting a gig removes its impact on the success score? 🙂

Hi, @arianelaurent! Deleting the Gig will remove the score of the deleted gig from the overall success score, but please note that deleting a Gig will also remove all Gig information and history. We'd also urge you to keep in mind that deleting a Gig and opening a new Gig may result in lower visibility for this new Gig. 

• Like 6

On 2/14/2024 at 2:59 PM, Alex.M said:

The 9/10 Success score is unreasonable though... I say unreasonable so I can avoid the word ' insane ' . 8/10 would be closer to reality in my opinion. 

@Kesha , perhaps this can be shared with other Fiverr Staff

I assure you that all comments on this thread will be passed onto the appropriate teams, and we greatly appreciate everyone's feedback and engagement on our threads! 

• Like 7

On 2/15/2024 at 12:26 AM, a_aladin said:

I'm still a bit confused by the new rating system, what information out of these metrics will the clients be able to see when the update goes live next month? 

Will they able to see the overall score? Will they be able to see these individual metrics (Client satisfaction, Delivery time, Value for money, etc?)

I feel like I'm going to have to be extremely selective as to who I choose to work with, even more than I already am. I have always lived in perpetual fear over my rating but this has just added so many extra dimensions to it.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 072103.jpg

Hi! When this new level system is live, buyers will only be able to see your level and your overall rating. Success scores are something only you as a freelancer will be able to see. It's important to note, however, that your overall level, which buyers can see in the marketplace, is influenced by your success score. 

• Like 6

Thank you everyone for contributing to the conversation on our new level system. We understand that this is a big change, and want to assure you that we will be considering your thoughts throughout this testing period. I want to also note that the goal of this new system is to improve the levels presented to buyers and make it more user-friendly for all sellers on the platform to understand their standing, score breakdown, and overall performance. 

For anyone with questions on how to improve your success score, we strongly encourage you to reach out to Customer Support, or if you have one, your Customer Success Manager for further insights. We also have several articles available in our Help Center to navigate these new changes. 

If you're receiving a message that you are not eligible for the new level system, we are unfortunately not able to provide insight here on the forum and urge you to reach out to Customer Support so that they can help you further. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as our forum team works to address concerns as able, and as we transition to the new level system. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

• Lena pinned this topic
  • Kesha unpinned this topic