Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

56 minutes ago, vibronx said:

10/10 overall success score. I totally love the new system now. 😇 Surprisingly, my proofreading gig is only 9/10 - my communication is bad, apparently. I wonder if it's because I consistently refuse to count the words on their websites (some of them have 20+ pages) for them before I even know if they can afford me.

Did you get it, @catwriter, @priyank_mod?

Got it just now. Mine is 8/10. 😇

Had a not-so-good private review and a cancellation on my secondary gig last year, so they are kinda having lingering effect on the overall score. The primary gig and remaining stats are pretty much in order on all counts. 

Phewww.... had this exam result feeling after a million years... 😂

• Like 18
  • Up 1

What does this mean in the end?

So this is all about the private reviews i can´t see from the customers or is there anything else about this metric?
With the public reviews i only have 5 stars straight - and i don´t know of any conficts at the order.

So what does this mean?

image.png.830ece66fa012396c8bf1464061e5d98.png

• Like 11

this system makes no sense

gig 1 : 2000 orders, 5* overall, 50% returning customers, 0.1% cancelation rate = success rate 4

gig 2 : 3 orders, 5*, 0% returning customers, 25% cancelation rate = success rate 8

simply there are no words to describe this, it's a bad joke

• Like 17
  • Up 7

22 minutes ago, smork said:

Waiting for this latest nightmare update to come.

So apparently I'm 8/10 and a glaring

image.png.897e460fac3d811e1c000b7db448d33a.png

Yet I maintain and have always maintained a 5 star average with glowing reviews all over the place.

Guessing this is the wildly unfairly and deeply insidious private reviews thing and some disgruntled client has attacked me privately?  I've had a couple cancellations made by support for problematic customers.

They don't tell me what it is and the way to improve it is some canned generic non-sense about being a "better seller", enough to drive someone crazy honestly.

I've been a TRS since 2015 and always maintained an a top level of service, I get rewarded for that by them threatening to demote me.  Wonderful.

"If you’re a Top Rated freelancer who is unable to improve during the grace period, your level will not change immediately after the grace period. Instead, there will be an additional review to evaluate your eligibility to maintain Top Rated status."

You have my best wishes for whatever it's worth. It would be a straight up injustice if you got demoted from TRS for some arbitrary reason that you had no knowledge of before today. 

• Like 13
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I just got a 5 star review. I'm having a good day. I am still tenaciously clinging onto my hate to the review system though. STOP MAKING ME TRY TO LOVE YOU

Incidentally, it took me 4 attempts to review my review. As this pop-up message appeared on my fourth eye-roll of an attempt, it went through.

image.png.6c92b6073b2d582a3310ea0024912822.png

Also, I'm basically perfect.

image.png.31e584330fcc26998a609d754625b376.png

Normal complaining and mean words will resume once I have stopped gazing lovingly at myself in the mirror. Now, time to eat a lentil soup (with carrots) to celebrate not being demoted from TRS!

• Like 15
  • Haha 6
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, williambryan392 said:

I've had only one consultation cancel ever, and it was last September, and I was told it won't impact my stats.

I've had a couple, and it's also at 9, with nothing negative, when all my other gigs are at 10. No idea.

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 15.33.29.png

• Like 9
  • Up 1

I have absolutely no idea what i should do now with this feedback?
I have over 40 orders - all reviews are 5 stars - no any problems in any way.

So all this stuff is coming from the private reviews?
Or is this something else?

I would like to improve but i have no idea were i should put my focus...

image.png.8e71a41d9a9e09324b02a912c128477d.png

image.png.da2832952a0a017eae7ccfa6d515a5ca.png

image.png.08fdc78804926901fc67f6e13f49a9b0.png

image.png

Edited by rapidtech1898v2
  • Like 9
  • Up 1

Working few years on Fiverr just to be blame everytime to not be "perfect". 

I'm done! 

I should be Top Seller today, but not yet because my Success Score is 8 with a "Strong Negative Impact" on my best seller gig with the Client Satisfaction. It's a 5/5 Gig with really good reviews in public & in PM. 

So? What can I do better after 3 years? 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

9 minutes ago, nicocrepaldi said:

Bullshit for me too, I have all 5 stars and I see some 8 and 6 rated gigs. I was about to be promoted as top seller, now I cannot. Bullshit, for the huge amount of money they keep from us. 

very disappointed. 

It's a manual process, so you don't know if you would have been promoted. You probably wouldn't have if your success score is low.

• Like 10
  • Up 5

I have over 600 5-star ratings and until the new rating system, I had 5 stars on my profile. and now it has gone down to 3.9 and I have been demoted to level 0. feeling really depressed and crushed since I have worked so hard to provide the buyers with the best possible service. Fiverr has been the place that I find the necessary funds to push me through my university life. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

Contact support, that must be a bug. Your reviews are still showing normally, and they don't add up to a 3.9 average.

Thank you for the reply. I did contact Fiverr support. hoping for a favorable reply.

• Like 9

I am a top-rated seller and now I can see my success score as 8, If my level gets downgraded during your testing 😞 I cannot explain.

well, i think this system is not good because we do not have control on anything, I really don't know how you calculated my score and how to improve it. when my completion rate is already more than 90% it means i was giving good service. but at least I was informed that my completion rate is getting down I need to improve it. But now I do not know anything at all.

taking the last 2 years of data is really a bad idea. If someone improve the progress he first need to recover the last two years progress and then he will be finally able to see improvement in score. that's terrible. 

• Like 12

Hello!

@KeshaPlease help with some feedback...it's really unfair and mathematically incorrect system..

Take a look at screenshots
I have over 2400 orders with a 5-star rating, a 1-hour response rating (always respond at night or at day time to keep 1hour response rate, but not all my clients need script answers...I personalized to their needs), 0% cancellation rate by my fault (always contact support for rechecking cancellation reason and keep my score 0), repeated business score — 94 etc.. Despite these stats, my gig rate looks really low.

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or a bug, but I've noticed on the Fiverr forum that there are many examples where gig performance with only a few orders seems to be rated better than mine for example.

Can you please explain why public reviews, response rates, and other metrics seem to not matter for this new level system?

One of my GIG

2024-02-1417_31_15.png.6cbaa6105e0969118982db6aa1feab17.png

Reviews

2024-02-1418_14_05.png.b63ffc2fc734e304a22a216037b2a19f.png

2024-02-1417_24_12.png.7ca22175458a9abd888651b7a6dde8dc.png

Repeated business score

2024-02-1417_38_09.png.34d9ff4c9686181125c9ac755477b0dd.png

Gig score

2024-02-1417_32_23.png.a2818d4a1fe2781a19e27dd451bc20ab.png

BUT Now I'm level one ....

2024-02-1417_09_07.png.0007d8bf68341ecbb52d3ea0445c6fa5.png

Знімок екрана 2024-02-14 о 17.32.23.png

Edited by fittranslate
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Just throwing in my two cents in the hopes something changes.

But I hate this new system. I thought the last system had its flaws but this just seems even more punishing to Sellers. 

Im usually a Level 2, but have sometimes been demoted due to the silly response rate algorithm telling me I have to respond within an hour. Im english and many of my clients are american so I get messages in the middle of the night and then I have a full time job so sometimes it takes me a while to be able to reply as I do this on the side. Then I would have to wait a month at Level 1 before being promoted again (been doing this 5 years, have 5stars across the board, have many regular clients etc).

It happened recently and now its saying it may take even longer to get back to level 2 with this new system as it looks at more than 90 days, your whole gig lifetime? And the metrics like Success Score and value for money and Fiverr themselves saying theyre going "beyond reviews"? Well how the hell are we meant to know where weve gone wrong and how to improve then?

This new system seems a slap in the face to Sellers, and an even bigger slap for those Sellers whove been here longer. I have several friends whove been Sellers and have now left bevause of how terrible they thought Fiverr was at supporting its Sellers, and theyve gone to other sites. I might have to join them if it keeps up like this.

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

So I get a 9 on the consultation instead of 10 because I'm paying for seller plus? Interesting.

You have a higher rate with more than one cancellation, another guy has a lower rate with only one. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Kesha said:

New updates are coming, and we’re keeping you in the loop every step of the way. As previously announced, our latest changes are designed to help guide your journey on Fiverr with more transparency and certainty. 

→ A new Freelancer Level System is ready for you to explore
We’re excited to announce that the new and improved freelancer level system is now live on the platform. You have a 30-day transition period (starting today) to familiarize yourself with the new system, check your status, and work on your metrics as needed. It's your time to shine!

While your level in the old system remains visible to clients until March 14, you should now prioritize maintaining or enhancing your standing in the new level system. You’ll be able to view the old system if necessary during this period. Learn more about the new level system and this transition period here.
Check out the new level system→

→ We’re testing changes to the ratings & reviews system
Our efforts to enhance Fiverr’s ratings & reviews system are ongoing, and we’re currently testing new improvements. We're committed to relieving the pressure of aiming for a perfect 5-star rating. The previous system often led to near-perfect scores, making it challenging for exceptional work to stand out. We’re shifting the benchmark to ensure that ratings accurately reflect performance, setting better expectations with clients as well as providing more transparency for you as freelancers. 

To achieve this, we're testing changes in how public ratings are calculated. In order to present a more realistic view of your performance and service, scores will take into account ratings from the last 2 years, instead of lifetime ratings. 

Additionally, we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide. 

We're conducting these tests to ensure that the changes we're making will have a positive impact on the entire marketplace. These tests will run in a manner that ensures fairness across the marketplace. Clients that encounter the new score calculation will see adjustments universally across all freelancers on the platform.

These changes aim to create a more diverse rating landscape, highlighting exceptional work and building trust on Fiverr to bring you more business.

We're attentive to your feedback regarding previous changes to the public rating and review system, including concerns about emojis, the rating scale, and the value-for-money question. Initial insights indicate positive outcomes, including:
Consistent form response rate: The recent form changes have not impacted the rate at which clients provide feedback. 
Stable scores across all price ranges for the value-for-money question: There is no decrease in ratings for higher prices, and vice versa.

Be assured that we're taking your feedback seriously and will conduct additional tests to find solutions that benefit all users on the Fiverr marketplace. We'll continue to update you honestly and openly, ensuring you're part of our decision-making process at Fiverr. 

- The Fiverr Team

image.png.f58e7c830a5861e723904e3f2d5b0358.pngis it im eleigble for TRS badge ,, sorry im very exicted for that thats why asking

• Like 12