Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

Hey gang.

Since @Kesha locked the official news thread, I felt like it was valid for us to create a new thread on this section of the forum, so we can gather our questions, concerns and feedback on the new system.

Let's please refrain from actually asking for support for our personal accounts, anyone who needs immediate assistance should open an official ticket with CS instead.

This thread is for sellers, members of this community, to openly ask questions, express opinions and discuss their issues or concerns around the new leveling system.

I will try to keep this thread open but I will also do my best to ensure off-topic replies and requests for support are hidden, so we can keep things clean.

• Like 133
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 15
  • Thanks 25

Thank you very much Frank.
My concern is because I still can't understand how I have a gig marked as "Order cancellations Negative impact".
My queries to support do not bear fruit because they give me automatic responses that do not help.
Taking into account that I only canceled 1 order last year and one more in 2022.
So 2 orders in 2 years. It should be noted that they were low amounts.

They say that they compare and classify taking into account other sellers of the same level, but there is something wrong here. My cancellation rate is negligible. This is something I would like to know, since I still think it is a mistake.

I have been on Fiverr for 10 years, I always stayed at level 2. I never had any warnings with my account. Now I am level 0.

Thanks for this new thread.

• Like 82
  • Sad 8
  • Up 11

After reading through many different threads, I feel the cancellation impact needs to be addressed and confirmed by Customer Support. These images showing dozens of manipulative cancellations are extremely worrying:

And these kinds of responses from CS relating to deliberately manipulative cancellations do not help alleviate any concerns:

Capture22.PNG

This to me seems to not only be unethical but just flat out poor business practice and turns the Success Score system into a luck system with those Sellers that are not targetted and don't receive accidental orders that are placed and then cancelled before any communication or delivery being the lucky ones. The system should not be driven by luck. The conversation around this needs to continue until a fix is implemented. I think we would all appreciate a response directly relating to this @Kesha.

• Like 73
  • Up 22

No Fiverr member has commented on the answers to the 3 questions in the customer satisfaction questionnaire, which now jump directly from "Average" to "Very Good".
I really don't understand why there's no nuance between average and very good!

"Very Good" is now worth 4 stars, whereas "Very good" used to be worth 5 stars. The number of stars required to maintain our Level must be lowered accordingly!

I notice that Fiverr has understood for the CS questionnaire that it is important to have a nuance between Average and Very Satisfied... 

1 Seller.JPG

1 CS.JPG

• Like 74
  • Confused 1
  • Up 31

Thank you, Frank. I was a bit upset seeing that thread closed after another nontransparent 'explanation'.

Regarding the fake-order cancellations: I and a couple other people have received matching answers from Customer Service saying it's a known issue that they're working on before the March 14th update.

• Like 62
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

if you are all interested, the webinar just started. I highly doubt there will be anything even remotely substantial here, specially seeing how the first things to be said (and still the subject we are on) is Taylor Swift and how the Australian show was, but whatever. If any of you want to hop in, it's on right now. 

• Like 51
  • Up 4

i couldnt stand any longer on that bul..... webinar... if i heard one more time machine learning or data analysis to say "we put an AI to do our work and we will not hear your opinion or the thousands of problems it had" i was going to explode more than im doing it now.

impressive. really incredible how they give a sht.

• Like 65
  • Up 1

The webinar so far (obviously I'm exaggerating): "We put full trust in machine learning and if our AI malfunctions and destroys your years of work for no reason, we can't do anything about it!"
My score isn't even bad I don't have any reason to complain but it still feels wrong to rely *so heavily* on machine learning

• Like 53
  • Up 8

27 minutes ago, melanielm said:

Thank you, Frank. I was a bit upset seeing that thread closed after another nontransparent 'explanation'.

In the spirit of transparency and doing our best to keep fostering an environment of open communication and collaboration, we are going to be silent for 5 days, give you another canned response, answer no single question, and close the thread. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 57
  • Haha 5
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 1

This webinar so far is Maiky showing the same system level page we can ALL see and describe or read out loud what we can ALL read and see on our screen, with no insight or explaining about the behind the scenes processes or how Fiverr is analysing and weighting the problems we've had with the new system, and how it's negatively affecting us. @Kesha I see you here writing, and I'd like to let it be known that you closed the previous thread and directed us to attend the webinar if we had any more questions or concern. So far, this webinar has been less helpful than the previous thread was were we could at least discuss the in real time changes we were seeing the bugs, glitches and issues that were/are  occurring system wide.

• Like 47
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chopperbricks said:

The webinar so far (obviously I'm exaggerating): "We put full trust in machine learning and if our AI malfunctions and destroys your years of work for no reason, we can't do anything about it!"
My score isn't even bad I don't have any reason to complain but it still feels wrong to rely *so heavily* on machine learning

where's the exaggeration? I'm here in the webinar and that's almost verbatim what Ran and Maiky have said so far.

edit: 

If I hear the word Holistic or Transparency once more I'll throw the entire computer away.

Edited by virgoca
  • Like 48
  • Up 1

Fiverr's official stance on whether you should delete or not a gig that's lowering your Success Score: "We do recommend pausing or deleting Gigs with lower performance that's affecting your Success Score. Just take into consideration, Gigs with lower orders will not have the same amount of impact on your success score, so take all this into consideration before deleting the gig"

• Like 42
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, virgoca said:

Fiverr's official stance on whether you should delete or not a gig that's lowering your Success Score: "We do recommend pausing or deleting Gigs with lower performance that's affecting your Success Score. Just take into consideration, Gigs with lower orders will not have the same amount of impact on your success score, so take all this into consideration before deleting the gig"

Thank you for this!

@priyank_mod Here you go. Another statement on Pausing/Deleting Poor Selling Gigs. :classic_dry:

• Like 48

12 minutes ago, virgoca said:

where's the exaggeration? I'm here in the webinar and that's almost verbatim what Ran and Maiky have said so far.

edit: 

If I hear the word Holistic or Transparency once more I'll throw the entire computer away.

i think they are saying holistic just to piss up tech freelancers

• Like 44
  • Haha 2

Ran said they are considering our feedback about the Value For Money metric, however he also stressed that their data has shown no correlation between it and our lower reviews on that specific area. He does kinda say they are looking into it and considering alternatives, but he keeps stressing that, at the moment Fiverr hasn't found any evidence of the metric being bad for us on their end. Seeing how this is the only place they've acknowledged fully one of our concerns and said they are "considering alternatives", take it as a 50/50 they MIGHT do something about it, maybe, perhaps, possibly. (probably not)

• Like 43
  • Up 3

4 minutes ago, virgoca said:

Ran said they are considering our feedback about the Value For Money metric, however he also stressed that their data has shown no correlation between it and our lower reviews on that specific area. He does kinda say they are looking into it and considering alternatives, but he keeps stressing that, at the moment Fiverr hasn't found any evidence of the metric being bad for us on their end. Seeing how this is the only place they've acknowledged fully one of our concerns and said they are "considering alternatives", take it as a 50/50 they MIGHT do something about it, maybe, perhaps, possibly. (probably not)

I just submitted a review today and they changed the question to “what was the value of the delivery” instead of “value for money”.

so it’s true, they are experimenting with how it’s phrased at least.

• Like 53
  • Haha 3
  • Up 4

I went to the webinar and made a few notes on what stood out to me

Revisions and "extended delivery" does not impact your success DIRECTLY but if it could have been avoided with better communication for example then it could affect it overall.

They are taking from a wider timespan (we kind of knew this) rather than the old 60 days. (apparently, this is to help sellers but I am not too sure how) 

You should pause underperforming gigs and it MIGHT help. If a best-selling gig has a lower success score we should take that into consideration Take a wider look at things.

(Has anyone had success from deleting low-scoring gigs?)

Value for money -  We need to show buyers the value they are getting so share processes to show how valuable the work being done. However they have said they have heard our concerns and are looking at it.

They are aware of cancellation issues and are working hard to resolve them.

Location inconsistencies- Digital nomads are concerned of location inconsistency. They are looking for suspicious activity. If it is a mistake reach out to CS

It's all about being a positive experience for sellers

Remember our score is compared to other people in that category so even with no orders the metrics MIGHT change.

I recommend you go if you can even just to make yourself heard and ask questions to make them aware of our issues

Edited by dianeofmusgrave
  • Like 43
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I just submitted a review today and they changed the question to “what was the value of the delivery” instead of “value for money”.

so it’s true, they are experimenting with how it’s phrased at least.

That's... actually so much better. Hopefully it stays that way. THIS is a question that makes sense.

• Like 41

Webinar just finished. This might be my last post here since the Forum has me limited to 10 posts per day (dunno why, maybe because I'm somewhat new to the forum. anyway). 

What I gathered from this is that no, they have absolutely no intention whatsoever of addressing any of out concerns, except for maybe the Value for Money question on the review process. Besides that, They stand proudly with their new system, and everything that's not working for us is on us. They stress they are on the seller's side, however they do not have any intention of helping us understand better how our gigs are being evaluated and what to do when we see a message saying we are being negatively impacted by something with no explicit pinpoint on WHEN and HOW we failed at that metric.

To be quite blunt, they all seemed too full of themselves and tone deaf during this webinar, and I would not expect things to go better for us here. 

• Like 49
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

What stood out about the webinar to me was the incredible about of spam comments from what I can only presume to be toddlers let loose on the internet. I'm glad they turned off the comments. Never mind the political spam, I saw one seller trying to flog their $200 Fiverr course and endless comments from certain parts of he world spamming their location.

I hope they all get demoted to Level -30 for being rubbish at webinars.

(Sorry, I don't have anything intelligent to add to this post)

• Like 45
  • Haha 4
  • Up 5

16 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Thank you for this!

@priyank_mod Here you go. Another statement on Pausing/Deleting Poor Selling Gigs. :classic_dry:

That's what I concluded since the valentine score reveal🥰 that delivering one order at a time on low-performing gigs and gradually improving their score - can be the ideal approach to stabilise/grow the success score in long term. 

All of us tend to look for quick fixes (ie pausing/deleting) but a bit of short-term pain and delayed gratification can actually do wonders in long term. 

• Like 43
  • Up 2