Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

Just now, shakir_aziz said:

is it im eleigble for TRS badge ,, sorry im very exicted for that thats why asking

You're eligible, but that doesn't mean you're getting it for now - it depends on the category, as you can see in the message above. If it's in high demand, and they need more TRS in it, then you have a good shot.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, visualstudios said:

You're eligible, but that doesn't mean you're getting it for now - it depends on the category, as you can see in the message above. If it's in high demand, and they need more TRS in it, then you have a good shot.

i just purchased Seller plus for TRS , hopefully i will get it 

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, vibronx said:

It's a manual process, so you don't know if you would have been promoted. You probably wouldn't have if your success score is low.

Ok but i don't understand how my success score is low as i haven't had one single complain since joining and i have all 5 stars. It makes no sense to me. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

One of them was an academic assignment, and the other one was an attempt to pass an exam online.

I was told that my metrics wouldn't be affected, but that's not the case. 

Can this also be taken into account while considering future updates? 

Same thing here. I have an order created then immediately canceled by buyer. It is having a “strong negative” effect on my score. It’s crazy after that after all these years Fiverr still can’t implement a fair cancellation policy. I conclude the intention is to keep sellers stressed out.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nicocrepaldi said:

Ok but i don't understand how my success score is low as i haven't had one single complain since joining and i have all 5 stars. It makes no sense to me. 

Maybe you have gotten low scores in your private reviews.

• Like 12
  • Up 2

I'm showing a success score of 8 but when I do the math correctly I have an average of 9

Does Fiverr use an arithmetic system that the rest of us don't know about?

Here are my success scores: 9, 10, 8, 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8  with a  total of 81/9=9

• Like 12
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

Just now, voicedbyken said:

Does Fiverr use an arithmetic system that the rest of us don't know about?

They provide different weights depending on the gigs that sell more. Basically if you have 100 orders in a gig with a score of 5 and 10 orders in a gig with a score of 10, your score will be much neared 5 than 10.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

They provide different weights depending on the gigs that sell more. Basically if you have 100 orders in a gig with a score of 5 and 10 orders in a gig with a score of 10, your score will be much neared 5 than 10.

That's not how averages work. What I showed was each individual score that is used to determine the final average score. There is no other method that will give a different answer than 9 from the following scores  9 10, 8, 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8  

Here's how the math is supposed to work:

9+10+8+10+9+8+9+10+8=81

Total count of numbers: 9

Average: 
81/9=9
So the average is 9

• Like 11
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, Kesha said:

We're committed to relieving the pressure of aiming for a perfect 5-star rating.

But the new rating system INCREASES the pressure. The old system encouraged 5-star reviews and we have to maintain a 4.7 or be demoted. Yet the new system encourages 4-star reviews and we still have to maintain a 4.7 or be demoted.

I agree that the marketplace average of acceptable sellers should be well below 5, otherwise buyers can’t judge between sellers, but I’m curious how Fiverr thinks keeping the same demotion threshold makes sense.

• Like 16
  • Up 6

25 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Just send them this, and ask how this is possible, mathematically. It isn't.

In the first post it says:

4 hours ago, Kesha said:

To achieve this, we're testing changes in how public ratings are calculated. In order to present a more realistic view of your performance and service, scores will take into account ratings from the last 2 years, instead of lifetime ratings....

Additionally, we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide. 

We're conducting these tests to ensure that the changes we're making will have a positive impact on the entire marketplace. These tests will run in a manner that ensures fairness across the marketplace. Clients that encounter the new score calculation will see adjustments universally across all freelancers on the platform.

So if the seller's profile is showing a lower public rating than before it could be because the new calc is now calculating it using stats from private ratings, and maybe also basing it on the last 2 years only.

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, shakir_aziz said:

image.png.f58e7c830a5861e723904e3f2d5b0358.pngis it im eleigble for TRS badge ,, sorry im very exicted for that thats why asking

Yes, you're eligible - the same way like you were today morning too. 🙂

Manual Vetting for TRS still needs to be cleared.  

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

That's not how averages work. What I showed was each individual score that is used to determine the final average score. There is no other method that will give a different answer than 9 from the following scores  9 10, 8, 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8  

Here's how the math is supposed to work:

9+10+8+10+9+8+9+10+8=81

Total count of numbers: 9

Average: 
81/9=9
So the average is 9

On the original announcement topic, Kesha had briefly mentioned about something like a weighted average where recent scores count MORE and will have a decisive impact on the success score and final rating. 

• Like 12
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, ssj1236 said:

Is it just me or is this starting to feel like a bit much, eh? As a seller who's been on the platform for almost a decade now, this seems like something targeted towards invalidating all the time and effort I've put into building up my online business here. 

I agree with this. My number one priority is the client, it's why I maintain a 4.9 and 5.0 rating, I bend over backwards for my clients. It's 100% impossible though to please everyone as much as one would try.

These new metrics seem vague and not well thought out, it's extremely stressful and depressing to be honest.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

There is no other method that will give a different answer than 9 from the following scores  9 10, 8, 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8  

Yes there is. 9*0,1 +8*0,7 + 5*0,2 - for example. Each value has a different weight, depending on gig sales.

• Like 11
  • Up 3

It will be interesting to see how this affects rates across the boards especially for those of us with a "Pro" ranking.   As review rankings begin to drop I foresee a "race to the bottom" in regards to gig rates.   My latest reviews are from regular clients who for years have left 5 star reviews and now they are jumping from 3.7 to 4.  Same happy client same quality of work.  One of the rankings/categories I don't understand is "value for the money."   As a "pro" voiceover talent my rates are fairly high and I do have some clients who reluctantly hire me because their clients wants to use me.   They will often try and get me to lower my rates but I don't do that.  So they still hire me but I know they are not happy about paying that much in the first place.  So when they go to rate me for "value for the money" you guessed it...a low score.   Well I have rambled enough about this.  I am very concerned on where this is going and what my own future looks like on Fiverr.   

I want to add another thing I don't understand.  Why do buyers have such an in depth ranking system for sellers but sellers basically just have 5 simple stars to use for the buyer?  Shouldn't we have the same ranking/review system as the buyer?? 

Edited by bbakersvoice
  • Like 15
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, emmaki said:

@uk1000 
My usual solution to this website wordcount problem is to find a very large page full of lots of words, popping it into whatever website came top of Google for the term "website word count" then slapping in the URL or a ctrl+c of the entire page, then going back to the client with the news that their rewrite will cost $quitealotofmoney according to the helpful word count pricing calculator on my gig page and providing a link to the page assessed, the gig, and the word counter.

As a TRS and a senior developer, I just have to say: most of those services take a copy of what you pasted. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Yes there is. 9*0,1 +8*0,7 + 5*0,2 - for example. Each value has a different weight, depending on gig sales.

What are you even talking about?

I just gave you the individual Success Scores of all 9 gigs and those scores are whole numbers that the average is derived from. I showed you the math - THE CORRECT MATH! There is no other way to determine the average.

You're on a whole other subject. Just stop

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

From last year till now, i don't see any updated benefit for Seller:

Extend the review delivery date to make endless orders complete

"silent" reviews for Fiverr

Now this rating system + value for money stat. Normally my frequent clients do 5 all the time, but now I just got 4.3 just because of the "value of money"? Fiverr doesn't want sellers to sell high to get more revenue.

• Like 15

Imagine hiding all metrics and letting an AI rate our profile using hidden metrics and giving just a one-month grace period. In my main gig, delivery time is showing "strong negative impact". Not a single late delivery in the last three years! If the client wants revisions and pushes the delivery date(Without showing late), it looks like a bad thing from now onwards.

• Like 12
  • Up 3