Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

New updates are coming, and we’re keeping you in the loop every step of the way. As previously announced, our latest changes are designed to help guide your journey on Fiverr with more transparency and certainty. 

→ A new Freelancer Level System is ready for you to explore
We’re excited to announce that the new and improved freelancer level system is now live on the platform. You have a 30-day transition period (starting today) to familiarize yourself with the new system, check your status, and work on your metrics as needed. It's your time to shine!

While your level in the old system remains visible to clients until March 14, you should now prioritize maintaining or enhancing your standing in the new level system. You’ll be able to view the old system if necessary during this period. Learn more about the new level system and this transition period here.
Check out the new level system→

→ We’re testing changes to the ratings & reviews system
Our efforts to enhance Fiverr’s ratings & reviews system are ongoing, and we’re currently testing new improvements. We're committed to relieving the pressure of aiming for a perfect 5-star rating. The previous system often led to near-perfect scores, making it challenging for exceptional work to stand out. We’re shifting the benchmark to ensure that ratings accurately reflect performance, setting better expectations with clients as well as providing more transparency for you as freelancers. 

To achieve this, we're testing changes in how public ratings are calculated. In order to present a more realistic view of your performance and service, scores will take into account ratings from the last 2 years, instead of lifetime ratings. 

Additionally, we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide. 

We're conducting these tests to ensure that the changes we're making will have a positive impact on the entire marketplace. These tests will run in a manner that ensures fairness across the marketplace. Clients that encounter the new score calculation will see adjustments universally across all freelancers on the platform.

These changes aim to create a more diverse rating landscape, highlighting exceptional work and building trust on Fiverr to bring you more business.

We're attentive to your feedback regarding previous changes to the public rating and review system, including concerns about emojis, the rating scale, and the value-for-money question. Initial insights indicate positive outcomes, including:
Consistent form response rate: The recent form changes have not impacted the rate at which clients provide feedback. 
Stable scores across all price ranges for the value-for-money question: There is no decrease in ratings for higher prices, and vice versa.

Be assured that we're taking your feedback seriously and will conduct additional tests to find solutions that benefit all users on the Fiverr marketplace. We'll continue to update you honestly and openly, ensuring you're part of our decision-making process at Fiverr. 

- The Fiverr Team

• Like 85
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 7
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 10

9 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Additionally, we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide. 

Well, that's interesting... 😬

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 47
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, simplyjam said:

Today I should have become Top Level Seller! Couldn't wait to log in and check. Yet with the new rating system, I'm Level 0. Crushed. 

Where did you see that? I only have this message.

note.png

• Like 44
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Up 1

25 minutes ago, Kesha said:

To achieve this, we're testing changes in how public ratings are calculated. In order to present a more realistic view of your performance and service, scores will take into account ratings from the last 2 years, instead of lifetime ratings. 

Is it just me or is this starting to feel like a bit much, eh? As a seller who's been on the platform for almost a decade now, this seems like something targeted towards invalidating all the time and effort I've put into building up my online business here. 

• Like 73
  • Sad 4
  • Up 18
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kesha said:

and work on your metrics as needed

I have the following question. 

Currently, I have two gigs, which show me the following: Negative Impact (Order cancellations). 

In both cases, orders were canceled by Customer Support.

One of them was an academic assignment, and the other one was an attempt to pass an exam online.

I was told that my metrics wouldn't be affected, but that's not the case. 

Can this also be taken into account while considering future updates? 

2024-02-14_15-29-22.png

One more thing, in the FAQ section, one sentence is shown twice:

2024-02-14_15-56-09.png.d458ce513eb33e55edbacce6f06697d3.png

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 46
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 7
  • Up 14

35 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Isn't that going against what you told the buyers at the time they were rating. eg. doesn't/didn't the rating screen say to them it's a private rating only - so isn't it now going to be against what they had agreed at the time they rated. eg. if you said "this will be a private rating" and then it's made into a public rating/public rating score isn't that against some agreement that was in place at the time? Shouldn't you only do with the ratings that were given what you said at the time they were being given by the buyer?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 49
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, simplyjam said:

Today I should have become Top Level Seller

Once you've met the criteria, you can wait 1, 2, 3... years, or all your life before becoming a TRS.
Don't worry... for me (and other sellers) it made no difference to become a TRS, just as it made no difference when I went from level 1 to level 2!

• Like 38
  • Sad 1
  • Up 6

I've just got the old dashboard. Then again, I am N/A and do not exist in Fiverr anymore 🙂

I'm going to go shopping for some shopping therapy. On my shopping list: 

• A large packet of tissues to clean away my salty tears
  • A huge bar of chocolate to eat my pains away
  • A 100L box of wine to drown my sorrows
  • Whatever nasty excuse of a rose is left over to put on my desk and mock me
  • A CD (remember those?) filled with tragic love songs for heartbreak
  • A copy of the Bible so I remember that God still loves me, even if Fiverr doesn't

I'm going to call it the New Ratings and Level System Starter Pack for Upset Fiverr Sellers. 

• Like 44
  • Haha 18
  • Up 6

Exact same issue here, actually. Several gigs are affected by cancellations by CS for which they had removed the stats modifications (like buyers asking for something out of the scope of the order, ordering by mistake etc). This better get fixed.

11 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I have the following question. 

Currently, I have two gigs, which show me the following: Negative Impact (Order cancellations). 

In both cases, orders were canceled by Customer Support.

One of them was an academic assignment, and the other one was an attempt to pass an exam online.

Can this also be taken into account while considering future updates? 

• Like 33
  • Up 8

I just want to add that my main gig has a success score of 8 and is nice to see the area that can improved (communication... I think I already talk a lot but ok 😅 let's do it) but my other gig has an 8 as well and there is NO "area to improve" on that one. Shouldn't it be a 10, then? Doesn't make any sense.

• Like 37
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5

11 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Exactly. 
Same issue with me 
I had one order cancelled which was 8 months ago. 
It had negative impact even though I contacted cs and they reverted the effect because it was wrong order placed and was cancelled immediately by mutal cancellation.

Two points, what's the point of cancelling the order through CS if it still gonna impact on our Success Score. 
Seconds point is, what is the time frame of cancelled order effect?
Clearly order cancelled 8 months ago is still valid 

• Like 39
  • Up 7

Why Fiverr software engineers thinks they should add some new feature every time? With every update, you are making seller’s life miserable. I was going to be level 2 tomorrow, now i see im level 0. This is unbelieveable. This is same for twitter and instagram as well. Within years, they have ruined these apps by updates. And now fiverr. 

And they say slavery is gone. With the updates past 2 years, its back like never before. Order to an seller > get the work > unlimited revision requests > get all of them too > get your money back > give bad review. Good game well played. Seller requests help from support > support directly cancels the order without hesitation > payment is gone. Work is gone.

• Like 49
  • Sad 3
  • Up 5

Can you please elaborate on this part? So the private/hidden feedback that clients can leave if they choose to after the order (private metric that has existed for a while) will now affect our score? This is... quite crazy. 

43 minutes ago, Kesha said:

• Like 35
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, chopperbricks said:

Can you please elaborate on this part? So the private/hidden feedback that clients can leave if they choose to after the order (private metric that has existed for a while) will now affect our score? This is... quite crazy. 

Not only current private feedback but also past private feedback. How wonderful! Happy Valentine's Day 😂

Edited by zerlina84
  • Like 37
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Up 5

26 minutes ago, catwriter said:

but I'm still seeing the old dashboard.

I guess some of us aren't cool enough for the new system. I'll just wait patiently to have my day ruined.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 32
  • Haha 10

I'm still waiting for judgement (lol)

I have a lot of gigs, some of which rarely sell because they are quite niche. I'm planning to scrap some of them, maybe (which is a bit sad, but...) I guess I'll know more when I get the update. 

• Like 32
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I'm still waiting for judgement (lol)

Do you see anything here? https://www.fiverr.com/seller/levels (it's now called the Achievements page 😁)

6 minutes ago, katakatica said:

I have a lot of gigs, some of which rarely sell because they are quite niche.

I was afraid of that too, but those gigs have 10, even though I rarely have customers choosing them, so it seems to be fine for now. 

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Just saw mine, I have a score of 9. Out of 4 gigs, 3 have a score of 9 and 1 has 10. The ones that have 9 says client satisfaction has a negative impact. So most likely people leave less than positive private reviews even they are happy? 

• Like 34

Also if private buyer ratings are now going to be part of the public rating score and shown to everyone, what if there was only one buyer for that gig/seller? That rating (that they intended to be private) will now be public (except for not having their name against the private one, but people can probably guess which buyer (and the seller will know) if they are the only buyer to leave a public review too or that gig). So the sellers will likely know the private ratings of the first buyers of their gigs (without the buyer's permission).

• Like 31
  • Up 6

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Just saw mine, I have a score of 9. Out of 4 gigs, 3 have a score of 9 and 1 has 10. The ones that have 9 says client satisfaction has a negative impact. So most likely people leave less than positive private reviews even they are happy? 

Seems like... 
The value for money and effective communication metrics are taken from old private feedback. 

• Like 25
  • Up 2