Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

I have 5-star reviews on my gig. Always worked beyond the limits to ensure that the client was satisfied. Never dropped my response rate from 100 at any stage of my career with Fiverr, and I see that now it has a strongly negative impact on client satisfaction and effective communication I have always communicated with clients on each step to ensure everything is all right even after the order is completed. I was level 2 and was waiting to get top rated and suddenly today when the new system rolled my performance score was 4. The gig itself is currently tagged as Fiverr's choice by Fiverr itself. Don't know what to do. This platform is now creating problems and forcing sellers to shift to other freelancing sites too. People like me who were devoted to Fiverr and never worked with any other freelance companies are suffering. More and more stress for the sellers. Dont know how Fiverr is calculating these metrics there are severe irregularities in it. 

s3.PNG

• Like 17
  • Up 4

Hi all! It did take some time for the new system to update across all sellers on the platform, but we've been informed that everyone should have access now! Please reach out to either Customer Support or, if applicable, your Customer Success Manager should you have any issues viewing the new level system by the end of the day.  

Thank you!

@catwriter, @vibronx, @priyank_mod, @emmaki, @digitaldrivers, @michmikaia

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, christiangrollm said:

That's exactly what's happening to me. I can't get my head around it.

It is so frustrating. I even qualify for same day payments with the early payout feature. I know that is not something you get unless you qualify for it or are a top rated seller. It is like they want there good performing sellers to go elsewhere at this point. 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Why am I having a feeling that Success Score is somewhat related to Private Reviews? 😕 Is that so?

It's not the same thing but it might be partially related to that as well 

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

What are you even talking about?

I just gave you the individual Success Scores of all 9 gigs and those scores are whole numbers that the average is derived from. I showed you the math - THE CORRECT MATH! There is no other way to determine the average.

I'm talking about weighted averages. Which is a different way to determine an average, versus a simple average. Which is how this system works. 

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 12
  • Up 2

8 minutes ago, creativecolumn said:

How to improve our Success Score in 30 day grace period, if you are considering last 2 years of orders to calculate it? Completing a $700 project already gives us only $560, now this. Not sure if it's just me, but I feel so depressed about the updates you rolling out time to time.

It's beyond depressing. :(

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Why am I having a feeling that Success Score is somewhat related to Private Reviews? 😕 Is that so?

@smartdezigns Yes, most probably it is taking private reviews into consideration. That's why so much variance in individual gig scores because even popular 5-star gigs for individuals might have had not-so-good private reviews too. 

• Like 12

Another thing, we know the criteria they are using to calculate Success Score. And we can see tips on each Gig about how to improve. That's a good thing. But we do not know if the metrics are real, cause we cannot see private reviews. If there's any difference in those metrics (like some sellers are having strong negative impact in communication but 100% response rate), Fiverr can just state it as a thing with 'private review' and move on.

We would never know!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Suddenly my top-rated status it's at risk after almost 8 months of providing excellent services.

The reason is the Order cancellations however the only orders I have to cancel were through customer support , it looks like you forgot that part and hope that you will  fix it it before 15 March

Edited by panoslazarisads
  • Like 14
  • Up 3

5 hours ago, Kesha said:

New updates are coming, and we’re keeping you in the loop every step of the way. As previously announced, our latest changes are designed to help guide your journey on Fiverr with more transparency and certainty. 

→ A new Freelancer Level System is ready for you to explore
We’re excited to announce that the new and improved freelancer level system is now live on the platform. You have a 30-day transition period (starting today) to familiarize yourself with the new system, check your status, and work on your metrics as needed. It's your time to shine!

While your level in the old system remains visible to clients until March 14, you should now prioritize maintaining or enhancing your standing in the new level system. You’ll be able to view the old system if necessary during this period. Learn more about the new level system and this transition period here.
Check out the new level system→

→ We’re testing changes to the ratings & reviews system
Our efforts to enhance Fiverr’s ratings & reviews system are ongoing, and we’re currently testing new improvements. We're committed to relieving the pressure of aiming for a perfect 5-star rating. The previous system often led to near-perfect scores, making it challenging for exceptional work to stand out. We’re shifting the benchmark to ensure that ratings accurately reflect performance, setting better expectations with clients as well as providing more transparency for you as freelancers. 

To achieve this, we're testing changes in how public ratings are calculated. In order to present a more realistic view of your performance and service, scores will take into account ratings from the last 2 years, instead of lifetime ratings. 

Additionally, we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide. 

We're conducting these tests to ensure that the changes we're making will have a positive impact on the entire marketplace. These tests will run in a manner that ensures fairness across the marketplace. Clients that encounter the new score calculation will see adjustments universally across all freelancers on the platform.

These changes aim to create a more diverse rating landscape, highlighting exceptional work and building trust on Fiverr to bring you more business.

We're attentive to your feedback regarding previous changes to the public rating and review system, including concerns about emojis, the rating scale, and the value-for-money question. Initial insights indicate positive outcomes, including:
Consistent form response rate: The recent form changes have not impacted the rate at which clients provide feedback. 
Stable scores across all price ranges for the value-for-money question: There is no decrease in ratings for higher prices, and vice versa.

Be assured that we're taking your feedback seriously and will conduct additional tests to find solutions that benefit all users on the Fiverr marketplace. We'll continue to update you honestly and openly, ensuring you're part of our decision-making process at Fiverr. 

- The Fiverr Team

This is not okay. After ten year's I'm back to Level 0! Fiverr should have addressed the scammer issue on this website, not a Levels system that wasn't broken in the first place.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Up 8

4 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

Keep an eye on the forum to keep yourself updated!

image.png.7d8ee3e2c6b684b5803bb550c4208d10.png

Okay, I'll admit I'm wrong. This is more than screwed up. This is part of my livelihood and Fiverr is playing games with our $$$$

Where is the information on the math used to determine weightage? Did they make it available so that we can double-check their math?

This is far from transparent. These hidden metrics trash the analytics that I pay for through Seller Plus. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

I'm not sure if back dating the new seller rating system based on historic data is even legal to be honest. I think their breaking their own TOS. I fulfilled my end of the contract, I delivered all that was required of me to maintain my seller level status. Now they change to a new system and consider all of that historic data when determining your seller level. Thats a breach of contract you can't go back in time and change the terms of a contract. They can change the terms of the contract starting today. But what am I supposed to do if they back date it should I build a time machine and work on the last two years of projects differently? I kept my end of bargain and I fulfilled my obligations to maintain my seller level. You can't retrospectively change the goal posts of a contract when it effects peoples business outcomes in the present. I'll be pursuing this with fiverr support because from a legal perspective I am honestly not sure if it stacks up. 

• Like 14
  • Up 10

2 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

Where is the information on the math used to determine weightage? Did they make it available so that we can double-check their math?

As usual, “Transparent Fiverr” has not shared any information with us on this. We are just “observing” based on our individual experiences, “sharing” them with each other and then “concluding” things based on our perceptions.

• Like 10
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, panoslazarisads said:

Suddenly my top-rated status it's at risk after almost 8 months of providing excellent services.

The reason is the Order cancellations however the only orders I have to cancel were through customer support , it looks like you forgot that part and hope that you will  fix it it before 15 March

Seems like their inhouse AI can't recognize such aspects

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

No, they are not calculating the simple average of individual gig scores. 

Each gig has a weightage assigned based on number of orders, public/private scores etc and then all gig scores get averaged into the main success score. 

If you have evidence, post what your individual gig scores are and what your average score is. Here are mine: Avg=9. Individual scores: 10(142), 10(30), 8(12), 8(11). Number of reviews are in parentheses. It would be odd that a bunch of “secret factors” were balancing it out to be exactly the same as an unweighted average.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ahunyady said:

If you have evidence, post what your individual gig scores are and what your average score is. Here are mine: Avg=9. Individual scores: 10(142), 10(30), 8(12), 8(11). Number of reviews are in parentheses. It would be odd that a bunch of “secret factors” were balancing it out to be exactly the same as an unweighted average.

It's not balancing out. If it was a simple average, your score would be 10, not 9. For your score to be 9, it confirms that it is using some method other than a simple average.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Up 5

2 minutes ago, ahunyady said:

Nothing makes sense. Your average along with many others comes out correctly doing simple math, while mine as well as others comes out wrong doing the same math. This would imply there are hidden metrics they are not disclosing which makes improving these numbers a mystery

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, voicedbyken said:

Your average along with many others comes out correctly doing simple math,

No, it doesn't. Using a simple average, his score would be 9,76 - that would be 10, since the system rounds it. He has 9. It's clearly using another method, not a simple average.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Up 2

Just now, visualstudios said:

No, it doesn't. Using a simple average, his score would be 9,7 - that would be 10, since the system rounds it. He has 9. It's clearly using another method, not a simple average.

The simple average of 10, 10, 8, 8 = 9.7?? Please enlighten me.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

It's not balancing out. If it was a simple average, your score would be 10, not 9. For your score to be 9, it confirms that it is using some method other than a simple average.

Now you are definitely wrong here.

10+10+8+8=36/4 =9

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1