Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

7 hours ago, vibronx said:

I guess some of us aren't cool enough for the new system. I'll just wait patiently to get my day ruined.

I swear.. still on the OLD system!! 

We are the noisy kids of the class, so we will get our answer sheets in the end. 🥲

• Like 24
  • Haha 8
  • Up 4

Just now, uk1000 said:

Also if private buyer ratings are now going to be part of the public rating score and shown to everyone, what if there was only one buyer for that gig/seller?

Private ratings are not public. They still exist separately. They just added some of the private stuff like value for money in the public rating, but there still are private reviews.

• Like 16
  • Up 2

I checked the Fiverr level overview page after the new level system was introduced and it showed that my current level is Level 1. Although I have been promoted to Level 1, I did not receive the Level 1 badge on my profile. Can anyone help me figure out this problem?

• Like 16

image.jpeg.afb6a63904d6bc7ee58dfb3ffd77a86b.jpeg

I mean, it looks clean and all, and it does say some info about what went wrong, but you can't pinpoint what order was the issue. So while there is some transparency, unfortunately this doesn't really help me pinpoint what was the issue and how can I improve...

• Like 22
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

Wait, but are you TRS? Because on my dashboard it says in order to get to the next level I have to go 8->9. Am I getting it wrong?

No, I am not TRS. They do qualify me for TRS based on what it says there. Then again, I was qualified for being a TRS ever since I lost it. So yeah, not counting on getting that back ever.

• Like 15
  • Confused 3

Just now, donnovan86 said:

image.jpeg.afb6a63904d6bc7ee58dfb3ffd77a86b.jpeg

I mean, it looks clean and all, and it does say some info about what went wrong, but you can't pinpoint what order was the issue. So while there is some transparency, unfortunately this doesn't really help me pinpoint what was the issue and how can I improve...

I have on gig on which they say order cancellation has a negative impact. 
I have only one cancelled order on that gig so I assume it was the one. 
That order was 8 months ago and the cancellation effect was reverted by CS. 

Still it has bad impact on my success score. 
Even though it is still 9 but the question remains why it even effected in the first place. 

Also the 8 month old order is still hurting my metrics is it fair even though the CS acknowledged the buyer mistake and reverted the effect.

• Like 18
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I was afraid of that too, but those gigs have 10, even though I rarely have customers choosing them, so it seems to be fine for now. 

My side gigs that haven't been ordered from for half a year are both 4, I'm thinking of deleting them altogether...
TBF maybe that's also one of Fiverr's goal here, streamlining things and getting rid of forgotten dusty gigs that pollute the platform

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3

Just now, msw_77 said:

I have on gig on which they say order cancellation has a negative impact. 
I have only one cancelled order on that gig so I assume it was the one. 
That order was 8 months ago and the cancellation effect was reverted by CS. 

Even though it is still 9 but the question remains why it even effected in the first place. 

Also the 8 month old order is still hurting my metrics is it fair even though the CS acknowledged the buyer mistake and reverted the effect.

Yep we're all having that issue. I'm guessing they'll fix it tbh (I hope so at least...)

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

Just now, chopperbricks said:

I'm guessing they'll fix it tbh (I hope so at least...)

I have always been afraid of that. When I had those canceled orders, I received no new requests for a couple of weeks. 

Even though they were fixing public metrics, I had a feeling that their algorithm was acting on its own (it seems to be the case now). 

• Like 21
  • Up 5

I'm still using previous dashboard here. For those who have acquired the new one, are the requirements for leveling up still the same as they were in the prior dashboard, or is it now depend on the success score of each gig ? I feel so lightheaded.

• Like 14
  • Up 2

3 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I have always been afraid of that. When I had those canceled orders, I received no new requests for a couple of weeks. 

Even though they were fixing public metrics, I had a feeling that their algorithm was acting on its own (it seems to be the case now). 

yeah our cancellation was still sitting in their algorithm probably and the CS just updates our dashboard metrics and we were satisfied it has been reverted

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Private ratings are not public. They still exist separately. They just added some of the private stuff like value for money in the public rating, but there still are private reviews.

eg. If I privately rate a new seller with a new gig 1 star and leave a public review (and I'm the seller's only buyer at that point or only buyer for that gig), then their rating for that gig/profile is very low, the seller will know I gave a very low private rating and the public would guess that it was me that left the low rating that was given.

I've never left a low rating though - I'm just saying it would seem obvious if there aren't enough other ratings for the seller/gig to disguise who gave what private rating (yes including value for money if that's one of the things) but the original post said:

we will test a new calculation method for public ratings that incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool. This adjustment may lead to a change in public rating scores platform-wide.

so that makes it sound like it could take into account other private ratings too, in the public rating score (without the buyer's knowledge/permission).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 15
  • Up 4

1 minute ago, allstral said:

I'm still using previous dashboard here. For those who have acquired the new one, are the requirements for leveling up still the same as they were in the prior dashboard, or is it now depend on the success score of each gig ? I feel so lightheaded.

image.png.cf726aca472411f1664fc68d3ef28cad.png

• Like 18
  • Up 3

1 minute ago, uk1000 said:

so that makes it sound like it could take into account other private ratings too, in the public rating score (without the buyer's knowledge/permission).

Yeah that's what I feel isn't right. If the buyer chose to leave that feedback as private, that means the buyer doesn't want it to show/affect the seller. It feels dishonest

• Like 17
  • Up 6

11 minutes ago, msw_77 said:

Yeah, they said ALL TIME orders are taken into account. So no matter when and if your order was canceled, that has a negative impact. 

• Like 17
  • Up 2

9 minutes ago, ahsansuhaib said:

I reached level 1 after the new update, and it's displayed on my profile dashboard.

Sometimes, it's great to read the first post.

You will have your level from the previous system until March 14. 

If you have completed all the requirements within the old system, you will be promoted tomorrow (on the 15th day, as it happened for several years). 

New system will be used starting from MARCH 14.  

50 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

I wish there was a 'rolling eyes' emoji to react to posts.

We can use "Congrats!" since there are no other options 😅

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 18
  • Haha 3
  • Up 3

Just now, donnovan86 said:

Yeah, they said ALL TIME orders are taken into account. So no matter when and if your order was canceled, that has a negative impact. 

All time yes. But it does matter WHY it was cancelled, it should. If CS removed the effect from a cancelled order because it was the buyer's fault, it should not affect us now and is probably moreso a bug than something wanted by Fiverr

• Like 20
  • Up 1

Also this new system proves that cs was lying us all, all this time! They were just fixing dashboard metrics if there is any mistaken cancellations etc. But those were sitting on algorithm all these time! They punished sellers for nothing for months and years without doing their job correctly.

• Like 18
  • Sad 1
  • Up 7

Just now, chopperbricks said:

All time yes. But it does matter WHY it was cancelled, it should. If CS removed the effect from a cancelled order because it was the buyer's fault, it should not affect us now and is probably moreso a bug than something wanted by Fiverr

True. It might also be an older order that was canceled. That might also be the reason. For example, I have 19 canceled orders that were inactive orders without guidelines, pre 2022 and Fiverr canceled them in December. Yet the gig in question says client feedback is why I have that 9 score, nothing about cancellations. I don't know man, honestly it can be anything. The more orders you have, the trickier it is to pinpoint what was wrong, if this really is all-time.

• Like 17
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, gellerthyde said:

Also this new system proves that cs was lying us all, all this time! They were just fixing dashboard metrics if there is any mistaken cancellations etc. But those were sitting on algorithm all these time! They punished sellers for nothing for months and years without doing their job correctly.

I don't know, in my case it seems cancellations are not really a culprit. It's hard to say really. As I mentioned, for me, this new leveling system doesn't clarify things, it just puts me in the dark. Because I do see what things have a negative impact, if any, but there's no mention regarding the order that caused the issue or anything like that. I always do my best to deliver great customer satisfaction, but not knowing the timeline that metric covers, and why it has a negative impact.. it baffles me. 

• Like 18