What's the craziest hair you've had (or want to have?)

katakatica

Hey all!
I miss random casual conversation (and just killing time for a bit!) so... given recent events, I've gotten curious about other freelancers'.... hair, yes. I've always felt like since I freelance, it's been easier to dress/go crazy with my hair and stuff, so last week I booked an appointment and... yeah, now I have the Northern lights on my head! Still figuring out a way to make a new profile picture (that fits the business profile requirements) but also shows off my new 'crown' but I felt like I might as well show it off here. 
(might have had a similar topic ages ago, but with the panini and all, I feel like things might have changed!)

So yeah, what's the craziest hair you've ever gotten? Or are you planning on ever doing something 'odd'? 

(and, out of curiosity, do people give you odd looks for crazier colours where you live? I definitely got some weird looks when they were taking photos of my hair outside of the salon, but otherwise it's been pretty good, I'm just curious.)

(attached the hair in question, of course.)IMG_20220504_170205.jpg.6f2d149386f5363631f889f7cb2a7b29.jpg

• Like 39
  • Confused 2

Ha ha looks cool! 
I had purple, blue and pink hair. But it’s easier for me because I have silver blond colour and I can change hair colour with tonics every week.

But I think my white hair is already too “white” to stand out in the crowd even without going crazy 🙈 so pink, blue or whatever it was pretty ok in London, didn’t get any looks or stares, even when I was working in the office 

5DE93B89-56DC-41AE-9C5C-2955A02EFA48.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

I have silver blond colour and I can change hair colour with tonics every week.

Okay, that sounds really fun!
My hair was red before this (also dyed) and the roots dark brown, so... dying my hair for me is not easy haha. But now that it's bleached I'll be switching out some colours as well (mostly the ones that will fade quickly.) I'm probably going to go for more pink/purples next time.

(honestly though, your white hair is like, super pretty! I could never pull off that colour, too pale for it!)

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy.

So this was a long time ago, obviously.

I sported a frosted tips + mullet combo once.

Here's me looking semi-normal, cause the sun is hitting me directly (but you can see the lady's expression on the left side of the frame)

image.thumb.jpeg.17a525612a5f025847869d82abfb7a7c.jpeg

And here it is in all its glory, inside a Catholic church of all places:

image.thumb.jpeg.e37fe05fb7e6684ff1898794264772a7.jpeg

P.S. Enjoy the horror that was beardless Frank. 😛 

• Like 27
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, katakatica said:

Hey all!
I miss random casual conversation (and just killing time for a bit!) so... given recent events, I've gotten curious about other freelancers'.... hair, yes. I've always felt like since I freelance, it's been easier to dress/go crazy with my hair and stuff, so last week I booked an appointment and... yeah, now I have the Northern lights on my head! Still figuring out a way to make a new profile picture (that fits the business profile requirements) but also shows off my new 'crown' but I felt like I might as well show it off here. 
(might have had a similar topic ages ago, but with the panini and all, I feel like things might have changed!)

So yeah, what's the craziest hair you've ever gotten? Or are you planning on ever doing something 'odd'? 

(and, out of curiosity, do people give you odd looks for crazier colours where you live? I definitely got some weird looks when they were taking photos of my hair outside of the salon, but otherwise it's been pretty good, I'm just curious.)

(attached the hair in question, of course.)IMG_20220504_170205.jpg.6f2d149386f5363631f889f7cb2a7b29.jpg

This hair looks absolutely incredible! The wildest I went was black with white and pink thin streaks through - it was lovely though. I wish I could go back to it but I have really fine hair and dye makes it really brittle!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, katakatica said:

Hey all!

Love your hair! 

• Like 13
  • Up 1

The craziest for me wasn't colour, but I had it cut really short after the last day of school, ear length. I've always had more or less long hair, and I guess the "passage" from school to uni triggered it. It was super nice, because it felt so light, but super weird too.

This is the "craziest" colour, so far, just a random mix of blue, green, and teal, it doesn't show well in the photo, but was rather visible in person. Crazy, for me, would be... yellow, pink, red, orange, something like that, colours I like on flowers, or other people (your hair looks great!), but not on me, so my hair craziness stops at blues and greens. My hair length, however, has been crazy sometimes. Once, I went right home to cut off a few centimetres with paper scissors, after they'd somehow got stuck in a bus seat and I almost missed my stop. 😅

notsocrazyhair.png.d1d87804897f452f1c6fd5fe614af1d6.png

My next project, to celebrate something, is dark blue tips all-over, and dark blue strands in front, partly based on an anime character. I want a really dark blue, indigo, night blue, not so easy in dark hair. One day, I might get a short men's haircut, I'd like to try that. But first, dark blue.

Odd looks for crazy hair colours or styles, I don't think so. We also still have some punks hanging around town, younger Frank would have fit right in with his Catholic hair style 😉 They effortlessly beat anyone stepping out of even the most avant-garde hair salon. Sure, from people who'll give people odd looks for just about anything, or maybe from children if they haven't seen it all yet, but generally, no, there are too many people with non-natural hair colours these days for it to really turn any heads. Also, most people are far too much concerned with themselves. I do look, if it looks nice, but hopefully not in an odd, but encouraging way.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, frank_d said:

Here's me looking semi-normal, cause the sun is hitting me directly

Looking good! My eyes went straight to your South Park shirt🤣🤣

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

I was eight here.

Awwwweee, you look so cute. Love the little curls in your hair too.

I haven't done anything crazy with my hair, but right now I'm growing it out so I can donate it. 
It's almost down to my waist. I was blessed with a monstrous amount of thick Asian hair, and I've broken several plastic combs, at least 2 banana clips,
butchered countless bobby pins, and bent a metal hair stick. When I got a massage several years ago the massage therapist told me that "of her 17-year-career, it was heaviest and thickest ponytail she has ever touched." 
One time my mother was cutting some branches in the yard and I was helping her when she accidentally dropped a huge branch on my neck, and my ponytail absorbed all the shock/weight and I felt nothing. 

That reminded me of a story of this lady on the Titanic who got hit in the head with the boat's propeller but she survived because she had thick hair and it was in a bun.

Guys, grow your hair out. It might save your life.
Sorry OP, I got off topic!! 🤣

• Like 19
  • Up 1

I once had crazy wizard hair. Of course, I was on stage, playing the role of Gandolf, at the time -- in all of his long hair and long beard glory. Does that count?

(And no, alas, I do not have a photo available to share at this time)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

I have black hair naturally but really wish to have rainbow hair 😄 having some of them red, green, pink and yellow all of them together. 
But unfortunately living in Asia, and having brown skin tone won't allow me to achieve this dream haha 😄 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, nomuffinsforyou said:

But, I'm not allowed to by my strict parents

You move out at age 16, make a tongue piercing, make a “rebel” tattoo and dye your hair pink to top it up. 

I can not confirm or deny or comment if it was me doing all that 😂

• Like 9
  • Haha 7
  • Up 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 10:04 AM, katakatica said:

Hey all!

I love it . It doesn't seem odd 

• Like 6

I had a mowhawk when I was 12. I was a great child, but then age 12 hit. 

Oh, then there was the time when I tried highlighting my own hair by pulling it through the holes in those plastic caps, and I left the product on for way too long. The sink ended up with a big pile of my hair in it after taking the cap off the pancake dreaded strands, but a sufficient enough amount was left to leave me looking like Storm from X-Men. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

This is the guitarist from KoRn circa the 90s, not me. For high school graduation I got my hair done like that. There was another guy who had his hair like this, and the local paper took a separate picture of us and together we became the visual for a "creativity on display" sub-story to the graduation news. (I'm from a rural area, population vaguely 40,000 at the time.)

In college, I had a fairly normal haircut, but dyed a silvery blue which I sprayed with a silicon hairspray to make it look like plastic. I am bald now, but the men in my family are bald on both my mom and dad's side, so the silicon may not be to blame. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1