Spends 200$ on seller - then seller is gone

Hello,

I earlier this year in January, I bought 2 gigs from a seller. I spend 161$ total. Seller has a promising argument: We promise 80 in DR on Ahrefs. If the DR drops, we provide lifetime guarantee to keep your site at 80.

Maybe too good to be true?

However, when my DR starts to drop below 75 I try and reach out to seller. Seller closed his/her account.

Now I am back to where I was before I spend these 161$.

Should I just accept the circumstance that from time to time you will loose money on Fiverr?

Input appreciated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nikolaj_mac said:

Hello,

I earlier this year in January, I bought 2 gigs from a seller. I spend 161$ total. Seller has a promising argument: We promise 80 in DR on Ahrefs. If the DR drops, we provide lifetime guarantee to keep your site at 80.

However, when my DR starts to drop below 75 I try and reach out to seller. Seller closed his/her account.

Should I just accept the circumstance that from time to time you will loose money on Fiverr?

Input appreciated.

Buying SEO services on Fiverr, especially those involving paid links, isn't the wisest move. Google can detect link spam, and while some links or other black hat techniques might give you a temporary boost, they never provide long-term high rankings. In the worst cases, you could even get blacklisted in the search results.

And yes, it is too good to be true: why would anyone work for free forever? That’s usually a promise from scammers.

With that said, such sellers shouldn't even be on Fiverr.

But if you want to invest in SEO, go for quality content from professional copywriters. Expect to pay much more than $161, but in return, you'll get truly valuable content that's well-written and won’t get you penalized in search results.

Plus, there's no such thing as a lifetime guarantee on Fiverr. Once an order is complete, that's it.

Instead of wasting money on dishonest sellers who offer lifetime revisions and "incredible" results for practically nothing ($161 is nothing when it comes to SEO), invest wisely in quality content.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

27 minutes ago, nikolaj_mac said:

Hello,

Input appreciated.

Hi, @nikolaj_mac! I am sorry to hear this happened to you. 

It is extremely important to always properly vet sellers before deciding to work with them. 

Sellers who over-promise and undercharge are usually a red flag as mentioned by @smashradio

In the future, if you have any issue with an order feel free to dispute the purchase with our CS team. 

Further, we have a dedicated team of Fiverr Advisors who are committed to helping you find the perfect freelancer for your project. They can also vet sellers for you to ensure that they're only recommending trusted sellers. You can schedule a call with one of them here: https://go.oncehub.com/CustomerSuccessManager

• Like 4