Down to 4.9 Stars for No Reason?

ssj1236

Mathematically, you can't have 5 if there's at least a 4.9 in the metrics... that's why... I really hope they add the decimals so it can be at least a little bit more fair.

Edit: I mean, I was never good at maths, but this is correct, right? Come to think of it, it's incredibly sad, because it means we will NEVER be 5 ever again

Edited by zerlina84
  • Like 8

My rating was 5. But I just dropped to 4.9 without receiving any new ratings in the meantime!!!

I feel like these numbers are just thrown around randomly!

If Fiverr has reasons to give me 4.9, I need to know why, otherwise, they can't claim that their new system is transparent.

rating 49.JPG

• Like 9

2 hours ago, vibronx said:

They added two new rating metrics "Quality of delivery" and "Value of delivery" which will ensure that every seller now will have a 4.9 in their overall rating instead of a 5... which will end up changing nothing.

Some people are already seeing these added ratings on their profiles. I can't see them on mine yet, but like you, my dashboard also shows a 4.9 rating.

this333.png

My rating magically dropped overnight from 5 to 4.9 overall and the breakdown is visible on the front end in a private window. Is this breakdown supposed to be what we are going to be seeing on the back end come the 14th? 

Not that I'll know what to do about it. I'm just curious about a potential daily reminder of not knowing what to do about it.

4.9privatewindow2.png

• Like 9

Hey, guys and gals! Your score can change within minutes! These are both logged out in a private browser window from this morning! I'm back to 5. W..T....?!

Alrighty, then. If I laugh at it, will it stop?

4.9privatewindowb.png

4.9privatewindow.png

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

The interesting part is that everyone will have 4.9 now (apparently because there's no pressure to have 5.0, and 4.9 is actually better), yet the level threshold is still showing at 4.7. So there's a window of 0.2, basically.

No pressure at all!

• Like 9
  • Up 6

1 hour ago, emmaki said:

4.99? That's a new one. 

How "empowered and enabled" are you feeling right now? I can't be bothered to swap the words around. I'm sure we can all live with that.

In the name of transparency I expect to display with a 4.998 rating any moment now. Maybe by next week it'll be 4.9998 or even...4.99998 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @ssj1236 @priyank_mod @alanletsgo - This appears to be a technical glitch. I reached out to CS because my overall score also dropped from 5.0 to 4.9, and they told me this was an error and would be corrected when the tech team could get to it (they seem pretty busy now). The best thing to do is to submit a ticket to CS to let them know you were affected by this.

Thank you for the info! It happened to me too and need to contact CS regarding this matter.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, texvox said:

In the name of transparency I expect to display with a 4.998 rating any moment now. Maybe by next week it'll be 4.9998 or even...4.99998 🤣

I think 4.∞ would be a good look for Fiverr's real elite sellers. That's shame the 4.98 noobs. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

Mathematically, you can't have 5 if there's at least a 4.9 in the metrics... that's why... I really hope they add the decimals so it can be at least a little bit more fair.

Edit: I mean, I was never good at maths, but this is correct, right? Come to think of it, it's incredibly sad, because it means we will NEVER be 5 ever again

While people will never be 5.0 stars again if they have ratings < 5 stars within the window it takes ratings into account, with enough ratings, if they're going to show it to 2 decimal places it might still show as 5.00 stars even if it's eg. 4.997 stars for the overall figure. Though the more decimal places they show, the less likely it will show exactly 5 in the overall figure for a seller (depending on their calc).

• Like 7

Can somebody please look at mine and let me know if I am showing 4.9 publicly? I am showing 5 when I look.

Also I would like to add, I have a lovely 4 success score, however I just got a Fiverrs Choice award order like 10 minutes ago haha!  This is madness and all I can do is laugh about it at this point.  

• Like 7

I got 10 success scores, %100 response rate, and 5 legit stars. All my ratings are 5 stars - I've never even gotten 4 stars before. And suddenly I saw my rating became 4.9 stars...
I mean I worked so hard for this. I did my best!

And it is because of testing ? - so they said.

They said "Research shows that 4.9 stars are more trustworthy" But I'm not a 4.9 stars owner. I'm a 5-star owner. This is not trustworthy for my customers. This is a falsehood!

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, jefftuts said:

Seems like they dropped everyone by .1 and called it a day 🙂

If only they knew how many people depend on Fiverr for their livelihood...

Oh they do, they just don't care.  Nothing should have been rolled out until all bugs were fixed, this should have been done behind the scene so it didn't affect everyone's mental health. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, nesenili said:

I got 10 success scores, %100 response rate, and 5 legit stars. All my ratings are 5 stars - I've never even gotten 4 stars before. And suddenly I saw my rating became 4.9 stars...

They said "Research shows that 4.9 stars are more trustworthy" But I'm not a 4.9 stars owner. I'm a 5-star owner. This is not trustworthy for my customers. This is a falsehood!

Keep your head up! It is happening to all of us, but I definitely understand where you are coming from and the frustrations. 

• Like 7

Here's what CS shared with me:

"I wanted to send you I'm here to provide you with an update regarding the rating you see.

Please bear in mind that your rating changes are part of a test that we are conducting, which applies to all sellers on our platform.

We're adjusting the rating system to accurately reflect performance, easing the pressure of aiming for a perfect 5-star rating. Research shows ratings between 4.0 and 4.9 are actually more trustworthy.

We're conducting these tests while ensuring fairness across the marketplace. The test will only be on the buyer's side, and not all buyers will be exposed to it. If buyers are included in the test, they will witness the new calculation for all sellers on the platform.

Scores will consider ratings from the last 2 years and incorporate historical private ratings, to present a more realistic view of your service. This adjustment may result in some freelancers seeing a decrease in their public rating scores."

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nesenili said:

Research shows the 4.9 stars are more trustworthy ? Really ? I'd love to see where they got that one from. Who in their right mind thinks 4.8, 4.9 stars are more trustworthy ? If I want to hire a plumber via Yelp reviews and plumber #1 has an overall review of 4.8, but plumber #2 has a solid 5 stars, who do you think Im going to hire ? 

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I'm also a beneficiary of this splendid update and got the same response as below... 

1 hour ago, nickkold said:

Scores will consider ratings from the last 2 years and incorporate historical private ratings, to present a more realistic view of your service.

So no glitch, no no. Just the private ratings included in the public reviews score. 

I missed that - or rather misread it as private ratings influencing the Success Score metrics in general, not the stars score - but it is mentioned in the first post about the new levels' pre-release:

Buyers are assured that sellers won't see the private feedback, and yet we will. 

Most of the time indirectly, but there can be scenarios with a big disproportion between the public and private review for the specific order, and the public rating drop will be instant with the obvious cause.

I understand the approach with private ratings influencing the Success Score and gig impressions. Even the responses to optional questions (if implemented better than now) affecting the order stars score. But this?

Edited by vhskid
  • Like 8