Down to 4.9 Stars for No Reason?

ssj1236

So, I've thankfully had quite a few good ratings recently with no negative experiences yet today I went from a 5.0 rating to a 4.9 rating......what happened? I'm genuinely confused. Fiverr, please, I don't have the stamina to keep up with your mood swings anymore. 

image.png.6a9382e84ae3b610dd0f34197d9473ac.png

• Like 19
  • Sad 7
  • Up 8

They added two new rating metrics "Quality of delivery" and "Value of delivery" which will ensure that every seller now will have a 4.9 in their overall rating instead of a 5... which will end up changing nothing.

Some people are already seeing these added ratings on their profiles. I can't see them on mine yet, but like you, my dashboard also shows a 4.9 rating.

this333.png

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 22
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Up 5

Ah, okay this is happening to everyone, right now? I also just got 4.9 on my dashboard - not showing on my public profile or on my gigs yet. But I guess this will change soon? 

1 minute ago, vibronx said:

They added two new rating metrics "Quality of delivery" and "Value of delivery" which will ensure that every seller now has a 4.9 overall rating instead of 5... which will end up changing nothing.

Some people are already seeing these added ratings on their profiles. I can't see them on mine yet, but like you, my dashboard also shows the 4.9 rating.

this333.png

Where did you find that rating breakdown for you profile @vibronx?

• Like 17

Just now, nickkold said:

Where did you find that rating breakdown for you profile @vibronx?

Some people can see it on their profiles. I can't yet, but a friend was kind enough to send it to me.

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, vibronx said:

They added two new rating metrics "Quality of delivery" and "Value of delivery" which will ensure that every seller now will have a 4.9 in their overall rating instead of a 5... which will end up changing nothing.

I cannot find the words to convey the depth of my frustration which is kinda bad since they're my bread and butter. 

Explore frustrated GIFs

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

4 minutes ago, ssj1236 said:

I cannot find the words to convey the depth of my frustration which is kinda bad since they're my bread and butter. 

Explore frustrated GIFs

I don't think you should be so worried. It's also kind of scary for me to go down to 4.9 - but as long as that's most people - I don't mind it. I've also found the rating system on Fiverr to be very inaccurate and almost meaningless. It's scary but I hope this will be more fair in the long run.

Edit: If this is only affecting a small group - I should be worried for sure - I hope not. 
I guess my point is - as long as it's an even playing ground in terms of the rating for all sellers - I'm all for it.

Edited by nickkold
  • Like 11

19 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Some people are already seeing these added ratings on their profiles. I can't see them on mine yet, but like you, my dashboard also shows a 4.9 rating.

this333.png

I also went from a 5.0 to 4.9

Publicly it shows a 5 though.

I do not see 5 breakdowns as you see it. I only see 3. Where do you find those 5?

• Like 12

Hi @ssj1236 @priyank_mod @alanletsgo - This appears to be a technical glitch. I reached out to CS because my overall score also dropped from 5.0 to 4.9, and they told me this was an error and would be corrected when the tech team could get to it (they seem pretty busy now). The best thing to do is to submit a ticket to CS to let them know you were affected by this.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 22
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, vickieito said:

This appears to be a technical glitch.

It might be a glitch for now, but most of us will get a 4.9 rating come March 14. This is just a taste.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Up 11

I haven't seen it yet (I'm also 4.9 now), but I am sure it's the result of this:

As previously mentioned, we're currently testing adjustments to the public rating score calculation, which may impact your public rating score in the coming weeks.

The new public score calculation incorporates historical private feedback, aiming to reflect client feedback more holistically and enhance the reliability of ratings as a decision-making tool.

And this 😁

We’re committed to your success and we’re working diligently to ensure your experience on Fiverr remains rewarding and equitable. We believe these adjustments will allow for a more accurate assessment of your deliveries and projects. We appreciate your dedication and cooperation as we work to make Fiverr better for all.

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 15
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, vibronx said:

It might be a glitch for now, but most of us will get a 4.9 rating come March 14. This is just a taste.

Yeah - I think this is correct. It's just a matter of time.

@vovkaslovesnyy thanks for the reminder - makes sense in relation to this topic

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, vickieito said:

This appears to be a technical glitch. I reached out to CS because my overall score also dropped from 5.0 to 4.9

I don't think it's a glitch because based on your Rating Breakdown, your overall rating should be 4.9* which is correct. I am in the same boat but after calculation of my rating breakdown, it seems correct. 

There will be very fewer profiles/accounts on Fiverr now having 5* ratings.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, vibronx said:

Well, two different things are going on. One is a recent glitch (which will be fixed) and the other is the ongoing changes to the rating system. Scores will definitely be lower based on these changes, especially with how the questions appear to buyers.

3 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

I don't think it's a glitch because based on your Rating Breakdown, your overall rating should be 4.9* which is correct.

When I reached out to CS, I told them I thought the lower score was based on the new level system (and I showed them my numbers on why I thought so), but they corrected me and said it should be 5 stars. I really wasn't expecting them to change anything or admit fault. I just wanted confirmation that more recent orders were being given greater weight.

Note: It could be that the agent I was talking to was unaware of the changes Fiverr is making. I told him I thought this was related to the "new, adjusted score" that Fiverr was mentioning. So he could come back and say it was related to that (and just leave it as-is).

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vickieito said:

When I reached out to CS, I told them I thought the lower score was based on the new level system (and I showed them my numbers on why I thought so), but they corrected me and said it should be 5 stars. I really wasn't expecting them to change anything or admit fault.

I hope your overall ratings gets corrected. Hope for the Best! ✌️

• Like 13

Just now, vickiespencer said:

Yes, but I can see your "recommend to a friend" and your "quality and value of delivery" if you want me to share them with you.  

I can't see this in a public view. How come you can see it and I can't?

• Like 12

1 hour ago, vibronx said:

I can't see them on mine yet, but like you, my dashboard also shows a 4.9 rating.

I can't see them on mine either, but my rating has dropped. I also haven't had a sniff of an order in over two weeks I don't know if that's connected. Good times with Fiverr!

• Like 10
  • Sad 4