Down to 4.9 Stars for No Reason?

ssj1236

7 hours ago, nesenili said:

I got 10 success scores, %100 response rate, and 5 legit stars. All my ratings are 5 stars - I've never even gotten 4 stars before. And suddenly I saw my rating became 4.9 stars...
I mean I worked so hard for this. I did my best!

They are actually incorporating parameters from 'private reviews' which weren't really 5-star for all of us, to bring down the overall PUBLIC ratings.

We can call it unfair for sure. But it seems like 'quality/value of our delivery' was always affecting the buyer satisfaction score and NOW it will impact everything we do!! 🥲

• Like 5
  • Up 3

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

Note: It could be that the agent I was talking to was unaware of the changes Fiverr is making. I told him I thought this was related to the "new, adjusted score" that Fiverr was mentioning. So he could come back and say it was related to that (and just leave it as-is).

...And the agent did come back to say he was wrong and this change was related to this new, adjusted score. At least I can now see what my average ratings look like with the private reviews factored in.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

15 minutes ago, vickieito said:

At least I can now see what my average ratings look like with the private reviews factored in.

+💯

Its amusing how most people always & only believed public ratings as the only truth.🧐

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

+💯

Its amusing how most people always & only believed public ratings as the only truth.🧐

yes luckly fiverr is always thiking in us and now they will lower our scores visually but not telling us why so we can be sad about our selves and hate our existence with absloutly no clue except one client 2 years ago that made an completly subjective click in a star because they wanted a job completly free and not being charged.... yes i love the new system....

• Like 9

I can confirm this has happened to me as well. I haven't received a single review below five stars for the past year or so, yet I'm down to 4.9 today for no apparant reason. I thought I'd care, but I don't. 😅 Since then, I found out that includes my private ratings, which is fine with me. But then why is my success score 10? This is what annoys me: they talk about transparancy, but one could almost believe they're doing everything they can to confuse us instead. I find it part hilarious, part stupid. Mostly stupid. With a dash of corporate slime. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6
  • Up 8

Yeah~~! My rates went down to 4.9 too, NOW I don't feel left out LOL.

Jokes aside, whatever is going on with Fiverr I ain't that surprised anymore, but I wonder where in the heck is this all headed, adding all of these ( meanigless...?) new stuff??

• Like 10
  • Up 1

26 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

Jokes aside, whatever is going on with Fiverr I ain't that surprised anymore, but I wonder where in the heck is this all headed, adding all of these ( meanigless...?) new stuff??

To Fiverr becoming a meksell-freelance platform. That's where this is heading.

• Like 4
  • Up 7

The new rating breakdown/system is unfair to lower-volume (or newer sellers) as those who have gotten thousands of reviews prior to private feedback being a thing won't be as affected.

This is supported by the fact that I saw a seller with thousands of reviews maintain their 4.9 rating in the new rating breakdown, even though if you calculated a simple average of the five review metrics, they should have ended up with a 4.7 rating.

Another example is a seller who has a 4.7 rating but should have ended up with a 4.5 rating.

(Not referring to anybody in this thread, btw. I got sent a few other ratings privately.)

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 5
  • Up 5

31 minutes ago, vibronx said:

The new rating breakdown/system is unfair to lower-volume (or newer sellers) as those who have gotten thousands of reviews prior to private feedback being a thing won't be as affected.

This is supported by the fact that I saw a seller with thousands of reviews maintain their 4.9 rating in the new rating breakdown, even though if you calculated a simple average of the five review metrics, they should have ended up with a 4.7 rating.

Another example is a seller who has a 4.7 rating but should have ended up with a 4.5 rating.

(Not referring to anybody in this thread, btw. I got sent a few other ratings privately.)

I thought they had mentioned that older accounts or accounts with a lot of orders would have negative marks judged more harshly than normal?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, dereck_s said:

I thought they had mentioned that older accounts or accounts with a lot of orders would have negative marks judged more harshly than normal?

I haven't read all the threads, so I don't know. Maybe they'll end up changing what I saw. It was two whole days ago after all.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I haven't read all the threads, so I don't know. Maybe they'll end up changing what I saw. It was two whole days ago after all.

Here's where I'm basing the info off of.

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/21965360854673-Success-score

Capture.PNG

To be clear I kinda hate this as I think having more orders should offer a a kind of buffer since our numbers we assume are just being taken and divided to get an average.

Edited by dereck_s
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, zerlina84 said:

They are very smart to make that announcement and close the post immediately.

I was wondering the same.. They actually don't want to answer our questions and also don't want to listen to our complains... That's all!

• Like 3
  • Up 5

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

I can confirm this has happened to me as well. I haven't received a single review below five stars for the past year or so, yet I'm down to 4.9 today for no apparant reason. I thought I'd care, but I don't. 😅 Since then, I found out that includes my private ratings, which is fine with me. But then why is my success score 10? This is what annoys me: they talk about transparancy, but one could almost believe they're doing everything they can to confuse us instead. I find it part hilarious, part stupid. Mostly stupid. With a dash of corporate slime. 

Exactly! If my rating went from a 5 to 4.9, then why is my success score a 4... Yet I am being told my success score is no longer at level 2 level because of private reviews. So it docks my reviews by .1 however I dropped to a level 0... All I can do is laugh. I legit got a fiverrs choice award order yesterday. Guess a success score of 4 is deserving of that LOL! 

Edited by emmasuebowtique
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, emmasuebowtique said:

Exactly! If my rating went from a 5 to 4.9, then why is my success score a 4... Yet I am being told my success score is no longer at level 2 level because of private reviews. So it docks my reviews by .1 however I dropped to a level 0... All I can do is laugh. I legit got a fiverrs choice award order yesterday. Guess a success score of 4 is deserving of that LOL! 

It's too bad Albert Einstein isn't alive to make sense of all that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, zerlina84 said:

Mathematically, you can't have 5 if there's at least a 4.9 in the metrics... that's why... I really hope they add the decimals so it can be at least a little bit more fair.

Edit: I mean, I was never good at maths, but this is correct, right? Come to think of it, it's incredibly sad, because it means we will NEVER be 5 ever again

• Like 3