Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

14 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

The bug has been corrected for me. It was nice to dream while it lasted 😆

Somewhere out there, there are a few sellers that actually delivered on those bloated order amounts and cashed out.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Up 1

I have already met all the requirements to be a top rated seller using the old level system. but under the new system I was demoted to level 1 and since the trial period of the new system began, my success score has stagnated at 6, even though I have already received more than 20 5-star reviews. I don't know what else to do to level up

• Like 4

Hi everyone, following my previous posts outlining my experience with the new level system and concerns with Fiverr, I've withdrawn my remaining funds and am going to leave the platform. This decision comes after 1 month being removed from search results, and the 90-day warning period I received last week trying to exit the current situation.

I intend to share my recent experience on Fiverr on various platforms like LinkedIn articles, Quora discussions, and potentially boosted social media posts. I believe my perspective can benefit new freelancers.

My goal is to encourage newcomers to thoroughly evaluate Fiverr before investing significant time and effort. By sharing my experience, I hope new freelancers can make informed decisions about where to invest their valuable skills and resources. Hopefully not on FIverr. And especially the ones I know in person. As I have contributed (maybe a little by still) in building this platform, providing my services here and suggesting it to other freelancers, I will now make sure to share what happened with everyone I know.

To leave this forum with a joke based on Fiverr's social media marketing campaign called filliping the coin - ,,I filliped two coins today and guess what? Non of it FIverr". 

Take care and all the best to ya all good people!

Dejan.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, farshad19rodar said:

I really don't understand what you mean by sellers manipulating the algorithms.

Oh, only what they've been doing since the start. Like cancelling orders that got a low rating, in order to get rid of that rating (until Fiverr put a stop to it by making reviews stay even if the order was cancelled). Or cancelling order if they thought the buyer didn't like the delivery, to avoid a negative rating (so now we have reviews even on cancelled orders). Or begging their buyers or manipulating them into giving them 5 star reviews, stating that their children would go hungry if they got a lower rating, and what not. Or not delivering the orders as fast as they could and waiting for the orders in queue to pile up so it would look like they were in high demand. Or...

Way too many sellers have been manipulating the system from the start (and teaching their friends to do the same), and then we all got punished for that, time after time.

• Like 7
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Way too many sellers have been manipulating the system from the start (and teaching their friends to do the same), and then we all got punished for that, time after time.

Yes, and we all know where most of those sellers are from . . . 

• Like 3
  • Up 3

18 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I think I'm stuck in a crack somewhere. I haven't had an organic order since the level 'thingy' went live, and my stats are great.

Exactly the same! From end of February all orders and new buyers stopped all of a sudden even if my stats are doing great and been "Fiverr Choice". Went from 15+ order each month to like 3 from new clients now. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

I think I'm stuck in a crack somewhere. I haven't had an organic order since the level 'thingy' went live, and my stats are great.

Looks like that after-effects of launching a new level system are still alive! :classic_ninja:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, antimadubstep said:

Exactly the same! From end of February all orders and new buyers stopped all of a sudden even if my stats are doing great and been "Fiverr Choice". Went from 15+ order each month to like 3 from new clients now. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

apparently we are many in the same boat

• Like 6

On 3/17/2024 at 12:34 AM, johnparsons01 said:

Following from my last message about communications. Received a somewhat non-specific response from my SM. If an order autocompletes, it may impact the score as it shows the buyer is disengaged and this apparently is my fault as I did not send another follow  up message between when the order was placed (when I do follow up with a Thank You and a questionnaire) and the few days to the delivery. If this happens and then the order autocompletes - bang. Buyer Satisfaction score takes a hit.

Because we are still talking about the Success Score here, a piece of advice that my Success Manager gave me:

- Even though 99% of my customers come from Germany, because I offer German voice over, she recommends that I speak English with them (as much as possible).

I really like my Success Manager, she is extremely solution-oriented and tries to help me. Nevertheless, this leaves me rather puzzled.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, antimadubstep said:

I had a FC gig for a while, too, but it dropped off maybe because people want that annoying, fake cheerleader type of phone greeting that I personally want to hang up on and have buried in my gallery. Maybe overall the world's depressed and it's assumed what's needed is the bubbly, high-pitched, energetic sound that has never genuinely been a part of my being and isn't on most of my gigs. I do have to take into account market changes--on top of Fiverr riddles. It's just that  the timing is interesting.

Did you have a bundle of orders that concluded without reviews and/or auto-completed prior to the drop off?

42 minutes ago, smartdezigns said:

Looks like that after-effects of launching a new level system are still alive! :classic_ninja:

I have had a couple copy/paste 'calls for auditions' from Pro and Enterprise buyers in messages, where they don't provide the scope of work or a budget then get miffed when I ask them questions. It blows my mind. Who in their right mind would do free work without knowing these things? Plus, all it takes is 30 seconds of audio to create a terrible clone. Anyhoo, are you in a crack, too?

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, christiangrollm said:

Even though 99% of my customers come from Germany, because I offer German voice over, she recommends that I speak English with them (as much as possible).

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, christiangrollm said:

- Even though 99% of my customers come from Germany, because I offer German voice over, she recommends that I speak English with them (as much as possible).

I was told that to increase my "effective communication" score ("Needs Improvement," they say), I should do Zoom calls instead of typed messages.

My gigs are Zoom calls already.  And my public effective communication rating is 5.0.

I have a feeling many of us are going to find that whether it's via regular support or SM, they're going to be scrambling for anything that justifies the frequently absurd conclusions the system is now drawing, because they don't really understand it either.

Although I must say, "Try speaking English to German people" is so far my favorite suggestion. 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Up 1

33 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Anyhoo, are you in a crack, too?

Yes I am in the same boat like you but repeat buyers are being good to me these days. Got 2 or 3 new buyers this month and the new messages (from other new buyers) regarding the tasks which I have been getting were out of my scope 🤦🏻‍♀️:classic_sad:

I don't know why this new level thingy has affected the entire platform when it should not be like this?

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, mandyzines said:

Oh my gosh, finally I've found some people with the same issue as me! My success score is great, but I haven't gotten any new orders or messages in ten days, which is super unusual! Normally I can only have my gig visible for a day or two because I'd get so much traffic. But this month? Crickets. It's never been this quiet for me in the three years I've been on here.

I actually went and applied for a seasonal job the other day because I'm worried how long this dry run will be.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, amberlilyreadin said:

Oh my gosh, finally I've found some people with the same issue as me! My success score is great, but I haven't gotten any new orders or messages in ten days, which is super unusual! Normally I can only have my gig visible for a day or two because I'd get so much traffic. But this month? Crickets. It's never been this quiet for me in the three years I've been on here.

I actually went and applied for a seasonal job the other day because I'm worried how long this dry run will be.

I added a promotion to drive new orders a little. It has helped 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, mandyzines said:

2 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

8 minutes ago, amberlilyreadin said:

Oh my gosh, finally I've found some people with the same issue as me! My success score is great, but I haven't gotten any new orders or messages in ten days, which is super unusual!

supernatural-dean.gif.03de6334505ab6df39253ca3abd85e58.gif

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Up 1

56 minutes ago, frank_d said:

I have noticed a spike in inquiries but really poor leads, at least for my profile.

I feel you on this one! I have been flooded with the weirdest enquiries this week... quite a few not relating to my gig (for example, people asking me to join their mentoring project or give seminars relating to my topic). I've also had 6 different enquiries *specifically* relating to "female entrepreneur networks" of which only one actually ordered my gig. Lots more people asking for spec work or free samples too. Oh and a quite a few enquiries where they have clearly just copied and pasted the same thing to a bunch of sellers (how did I know? They addressed me by the WRONG NAME!)

I have a feeling it might be relating to how Fiverr is running their advertising. Around Christmas time I had a flood of orders from The Netherlands and early this year I had a bunch of enquiries in Spanish! (not just for people in Spain but actually sent in Spanish) which is weird considering I don't have it listed as one of my languages!

• Like 4
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

I have noticed a spike in inquiries but really poor leads, at least for my profile.

I've seen the same thing happen. But now, it's like everyone's itching to drag me into endless Zoom calls before they decide to buy anything. And what gets me every time is that they end up expecting everything for nothing. One of my main reasons for loving FIverr, was that I didn't have to waste half my day speaking to clients. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Up 6

34 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I've seen the same thing happen. But now, it's like everyone's itching to drag me into endless Zoom calls before they decide to buy anything. And what gets me every time is that they end up expecting everything for nothing. One of my main reasons for loving FIverr, was that I didn't have to waste half my day speaking to clients. 

Same here. Once I point them towards my paid consultation they stop needing a call.

I always bring up money as soon as possible to establish project fit but this latest wave of tire kickers think that them stating a budget is like being in a game show where they need to guess how much my service is.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

supernatural-dean.gif.03de6334505ab6df39253ca3abd85e58.gif

Argh, am in the same boat too!!

I had a quick look at the Proofreading and Editing category and (at least on my browser) people on the first page (for various search criteria) had many fewer reviews than they did before (e.g., 20-80. Plus, the "sort by" function made no apparent sense to me (how can one of the best-selling gigs have around 20 reviews)... Videos also don't seem to be showing up... 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2