Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

Upwork Enterprise is 0% commission, by the way.

I did edit my original post so people may have missed it, but in the Help Center, you can see that Fiverr has 2 versions - one for normal Fiverr and one for Pro. Fiverr explicitly refers to "normal" sellers as sellers and Pros as "freelancers".

Fiverr may not be making a song and dance about it because they don't want to anger "normal" sellers (or whatever) and/or 0% for freelancers is just normal at Enterprise level and it's not really something to shout about. It is, after all, documented and in the email.

• Like 3

So here's what we do know so far:

There is a new platform where we all have profiles up.

We cannot see our profiles so we have no idea how we are being represented or priced.

We don't know if the "no fees" refers to buyers fees or seller's commission. 

Fiverr staff should at least address some of these questions. It is weird being sold via a profile that I cannot see. How does that make sense?

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 3
  • Up 3

I doubt CS will know much as FE is a separate platform and erm, well, would you send premium enterprise clients there?

I do wish Fiverr would actually come and answer some questions though. There's nothing in the documentation about specific pricing/percentages for the clients, but there's loads on fees.

image.png.bf8615c83b7ad60030aa9a00c4f21b66.png

(reminder: commissions used to mean fees paid to artists, not freelancers paying platforms )

image.png.8b914ad2d15f7b028e01b512ce9801c2.png

image.png.f2dbb0fc4df0fc76521c47d1745a87eb.png

Note how the talent scope specifically refers to payments and fees.

image.png.4228c92ca6221e26b1ec45d485d29c6c.png

image.png.a71858e61d490f1bd2c4718e069d0286.png

image.png.f458e072e5d1cfa4830448130e422a08.png

• Like 3
  • Up 1

This does sound like an amazing opportunity - if it is what it seems.

Namely, a way to be hired on retainer, or hourly, where the client pays us directly (not through a "gig"), so no reviews, no wait 7 days to clear, no commission, etc. That's basically what everything I've read on their documentation points to - this is not like Fiverr in any way, it's a directory to hire freelance talent directly, like if we were getting hired by clients outside the platform.

If this is indeed the case, and if there is demand (if they can get enough clients)... this can be the best thing that has ever happened to Pro sellers. But as always, transparency is lacking.

• Like 5

"If this is indeed the case, and if there is demand (if they can get enough clients)... this can be the best thing that has ever happened to Pro."

They already have clients. As I mentioned earlier, this platform has been in business for four years. Fiverr bought it two years ago because it was already profitable. It's not new, it's just newly "Fiverr Enterprise." And there's no change to the platform. They've never had a commission to the freelancers.

Fiverr is simply inviting what they've defined as their top talent to join now that it's finally rebranded.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

14 minutes ago, ch6k0r said:

The help page chatbot says that the success score reflects 30 days of work, Is this a mistake?

I don't know when people will stop counting Neo's responses. Remember, it's an AI bot for searching freelancers and is in no way linked with the algorithm that evaluates us. Do you think Fiverr is so stupid that it will let Neo answer our queries so that we can understand 'real transparency' and then some sellers may manipulate the algorithm and system?

I asked ChatGPT the same question, and it answered me 60 days. There are many more instances where Neo itself answered 60 days. And the reason is because AI bots themselves do not know the real answer, and this is because:

These AI bots use machine learning techniques -- basically learning and understanding what's already on the internet, then training themselves, and then providing info to the users. Now, as we know how transparent Fiverr is, we do not have any information online regarding these metrics and how the algorithm works. So, the AI itself does not have any data (on the internet) that it can train itself on.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

32 minutes ago, emmaki said:

And if Moore's Law has taught us anything, we're entering into an era of exponential decline.

Shall get this prophecy framed... 😍

May be Intel/AMD should do it too, since they have milked the Moore's Law most!!! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

Shall get this prophecy framed... 😍

May be Intel/AMD should do it too, since they have milked the Moore's Law most!!! 

There are some rather terrifying articles about the speed of AI dev - it's a lot faster. I'm not going to write another wall of text about that, but instead copypasta this graph:

image.png.31e7c140688432a051d2a856fbd9a620.png

Good news, everyone! Neo will be twice as smart soon!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, emmaki said:

I shall wrap this up with a cruel suggestion that it was a miracle the average American IQ ever reached 30 in the first place 🙂

I feel seen and targeted. I lost my train of thought...what were we talking about it? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Do you think Fiverr is so stupid that it will let Neo answer our queries so that we can understand 'real transparency' and then some sellers may manipulate the algorithm and system?

I really don't understand what you mean by sellers manipulating the algorithms. Transparency is crucial... we need to understand how the system works to align ourselves with it and improve our services while maintaining quality.

• Like 2

You never know with distributed systems linking servers all over the place how rollouts like this will pan out person to person, or what percentage of the servers will show a bug like that or for how long before it shows to everyone else or gets pulled back. It's expected we'd see different things, especially since Fiverr is obviously not following any industry staging-server-to-public-servers industry norm.

But, I gotta say it's kinda weird that there are so many of these bugs and changes and I haven't had a single one them. I've never seen .XX instead of .X, or had the fluctuating public score bouncing from 5.0 to 4.9 or back. Certainly no bugs like this $ one. I got warned how it would work when released and then bounced down to a 5.0 star Level 0 from 5.0 star Level 2. No inconsistencies at all. Not yet anyway.

• Like 2