Etiquettes for navigating ratings and reviews from buyers

10 hours ago, vibronx said:

Couldn't be more thrilled 🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱!!!!! I've always loved receiving messages asking me for "plz more jop sir," and it just makes Fiverr a much more professional marketplace! 

We all know that buyers are stupid, so how would they know that they can order from us again if we don't tell them?

How do you feel about being sent coupons? 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 18

On 2/27/2024 at 9:24 AM, webcut said:

Can you please share like how you ask the review! It will guide for us sure 🙂

My SSM said to use this wording near the beginning of your delivery message: 

It has been a pleasure working with you. After completing this order, please complete the short surveys Fiverr sends you.

Then, this wording near the end: 

Keep an eye out for an e-mail titled "Tell us in private how you felt about your delivery from (your username'!" Filling out this survey every time we complete an order greatly helps my business.

I hope this helps you @webcut

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

My SSM said to use this wording near the beginning of your delivery message: 

It has been a pleasure working with you. After completing this order, please complete the short surveys Fiverr sends you.

Then, this wording near the end: 

Keep an eye out for an e-mail titled "Tell us in private how you felt about your delivery from (your username'!" Filling out this survey every time we complete an order greatly helps my business.

I hope this helps you @webcut

Thanks that is really helpful but is the "survey" word appropriate ? Or I can use Honest Review or Honest Feedback world ?

• Like 17

As i buyer i can only say i dislike absolutely this overwhelming review centric behaviour from this platform.
As i seller i heard from several buyers that this several reviews are getting massively on their nerves - they want just get a got delivery for the request and thats it...
I think this is going in a completely wrong direction for sellers and buyers.

• Like 21

@Kesha Can you please tell us how to improve our score? My gigs are hidden and many other sellers are having the same issue... and Fiverr is one of our main sources of income, so this is really hitting us hard. I'm specialized in digital marketing and I can assure you running ads and promotions online is not the best. My gigs are optimized, my pictures are good...

Organic traffic from fiverr is the best way to have sales, because the buyers are already in the platform and are looking to work with freelancers.

Saying this... I ask you, why are we being punished? There's no way to compete with other gigs when no one can see ours. The promoting gigs is also not working for us.... Any way your engineers can fix this and bring our gigs back to the market? That would be fair for us senior sellers who've been on fiverr since it started. I mean look at my numbers... I deserve to be seen and deliver my work, just as many other great sellers who are suffering from this too.

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-28 a las 7.24.34 p.m..png

• Like 19

Today, I received 4 stars from one of my clients.  In the comment, the buyer says she is very happy with the results, but she selected everything under the "WHERE YOU CAN IMPROVE" section. After leaving this feedback, she also messaged me in my inbox to thank me and to tell me that the results were very good. And just now when I was writing this comment, she messaged me to get more work done.

I did so well for this buyer in every aspect, the buyer seems happy too but I am not sure why she selected everything under the "WHERE YOU CAN IMPROVE" section. I wish I could ask how I can improve further. Because I want to improve myself.

I appreciate how @Kesha has guided us that "If you disagree with or require further clarification on a review, you may politely inquire without being confrontational. For instance, you could say, "Hi, I noticed your recent review and would appreciate any feedback on how I could improve." In cases where a buyer unintentionally leaves a low rating, tactfully seeking clarification may prompt them to want to correct the review. "

@Kesha I have a question. According to my scenario, if I want further clarification on this review, should I ask my buyer "Hi, I noticed your recent review and would appreciate any feedback on how I could improve."?

I am afraid to do so because Fiverr says "
It is against Fiverr’s Community Standards to manipulate, pressure, or ask for the removal or modification of a published review or rating.".

But I really want to improve myself. @Kesha could you please guide me on this?

Thank you very much!

image.png.71f065c67223de84bf0e78de75b2159d.pngasimage.png.407553cb53acf3acf207ce943b8cd79a.png

• Like 16
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

E-mail: This word won't trigger the Fiverr's system? Just asking.. 

• Like 16
  • Up 1

Reposting from @carineb

@Kesha @Lyndsey_Fiverr This is urgent. 

The new feedback system is already confusing with unprofessional emojis and written statements instead of the old numerical only system which was far simpler. But we all know Fiverr will not probably change that so let's leave it at that. 

But this is a BIG PROBLEM. The new review system does not follow the Likert Scale (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Likert_scale)

I am a seller with $280,000+ earnings within 2 years and one of the biggest sellers in my category. I am also a buyer with $19,000+ spent on Fiverr. So, I know exactly what I am talking about.

I am speaking from the perspective of a buyer. if I am going to review freelancer's services here, it needs to be fair. Right now it is NOT fair. It is unethical to do this. 

It needs to be very poor, poor, average, good, very good 

You cannot just skip 'good' and make very good a 4* and introduce exceptional as a term that falls out the Likert scale. You cannot just make up your own rules and ignore how professional, science-based surveys, research, and studies have been conducted. This is going to result in skewed results. 

Feedback/Review/Surveys that try to ask for feedback that fall out of the Likert scale tend to have biased answers. 

You are asking for people to review 1-5. Currently Fiverr has built it as 1,2,3,5,6. Where is 4???

It blows my mind that a billion dollar multi-national company like Fiverr built the review system to not follow the Likert scale which is going to skew results. Was there a reason for this? 

I understand the Fiverr team is going to launch finally on March 14th, if this is not fixed, this is going to be a huge problem and it does look very bad on Fiverr to be honest. 

@Kesha You posted on etiquettes for navigating reviews but looks your Fiverr team needs to fix this first and make it fair, equal, and non-biased.

I only write this to give my honest opinion as a big buyer on Fiverr so please don't think I am being disrespectful but this is actually alarming. Like seriously, alarming. 

How would you even explain this after stating that Fiverr is trying to be transparent and fair to sellers? I would love to hear what you think and how you are going to explain this. 

492a13b0-4332-4336-ba14-4c6c6b5a6c8e.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Up 2

On 2/27/2024 at 8:00 AM, alliemadison12 said:

Do you think that perhaps the fact that so many buyers are mistakingly leaving poor reviews is a sign that the new system is confusing and should be reworked? I'm a TRS Pro seller and every single day I get low reviews as an accident. Every time I reach out to see what could be improved, I'm told that everything was great and they made a mistake. For instance, just a few hours ago, a wonderful repeat client said I need to improve "professionalism, quality, etc" mistakingly because she thought she was clicking things that were great about the order. It's really demoralizing. 

This is a fact. They just click on things to post the review. Happened to me also. But they are past clients with a long work history. So the review system have confused them for some reason. 

• Like 17

This thread is eye-opening. I, of course, thank buyers for their orders and tell them about my revision process, etc., but I never thought to tell them to review me or manually accept the order. Auto-complete hurts us? Hm. Doesn't Fiverr direct buyers to leave reviews already? I'd get annoyed as a buyer if the seller did so, too... and then follow up after the order is complete AGAIN? (Don't even get me started on the new 'spam your buyers in their inbox' thing!)

It looks like I'm going to have to channel some highly social person to change how I message people on the order page. Good to have clear guidelines about how not to get in trouble, at least.

• Like 16

We could ask the buyer to "Please leave a review based on your experience" after you finish the order. 

Simplicity is sometimes the best. Say thank you for the order, and then remind them to review based on their experience, and leave it at that. 

• Like 13

On 2/28/2024 at 4:03 PM, emmaki said:

I've be told at least once by my SM in the past that more reviews were needed as the lack of reviews was hurting me.

This echoes the advice my initial SM gave me; back then, amidst the Covid pandemic while I was situated in Thailand, he suggested I reduce my rates to align with those of a seller from a country classified among the 'Least Developed Countries.' (less than $180 for 40 hours of work!)

He told me the same about the lack of reviews, implying that it will get better.

• Like 14

Hi @Kesha 

Could you please clarify whether automatically completed orders have a negative impact on our gig success score and positioning?

I'm concerned that if my competitors receive rated orders while mine are automatically marked as completed, it could adversely affect my gig success score.

Since the implementation of the new rating system, the percentage of rated orders has significantly decreased. Buyers seem more hesitant to leave reviews, and I've noticed a decline in my search algorithm ranking as a result. What steps can we take to ensure that buyers understand the importance of leaving feedback in this new system?

• Like 14
  • Up 1

Hi,

My clients are facing issues with the rating system. They want to give 5-star ratings, but Fiverr always shows 4.7. What is the main issue? Am I the only one facing this, or are other sellers experiencing the same problem?

Screenshot_20240302-015235~2.jpg

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3

24 minutes ago, usman94 said:

Hi,

My clients are facing issues with the rating system. They want to give 5-star ratings, but Fiverr always shows 4.7. What is the main issue? Am I the only one facing this, or are other sellers experiencing the same problem?

I'm so angry to see this! There have been hundreds of messages about this, but at Fiverr, they say everything is fine.

head sand.JPG

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
  • Up 1