Etiquettes for navigating ratings and reviews from buyers

On 3/4/2024 at 7:01 PM, Kesha said:

Hi @maitasun! I appreciate your care in making sure you are not going against any of the ToS. If you reach out to CS and explain the situation to them, they can assist you in getting the review updated. 

Hi @Kesha. Isn't a review manipulation to reach CS about a published review?

Screenshot_20240306_055818.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, michmikaia said:

Hi @Kesha. Isn't a review manipulation to reach CS about a published review?

Screenshot_20240306_055818.jpg

No, it is not feedback manipulation in this case since the buyer accidentally left the wrong review and admitted this was the case without being coerced by the seller. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Kesha said:

No, it is not feedback manipulation in this case since the buyer accidentally left the wrong review and admitted this was the case without being coerced by the seller. 

Thank you @Kesha for the reply. I need a guideline from you. In case, Buyer gives lower rating, how can I ask them like the review is given honestly or accidently? I know if buyer tell that was given accidently, I can show evidence to the support team and then they will change it. But my question- how I should propose to my client that it was given accidently or not?

Thanks 🙂

• Like 11
  • Up 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:30 AM, alliemadison12 said:

Do you think that perhaps the fact that so many buyers are mistakingly leaving poor reviews is a sign that the new system is confusing and should be reworked? I'm a TRS Pro seller and every single day I get low reviews as an accident. Every time I reach out to see what could be improved, I'm told that everything was great and they made a mistake. For instance, just a few hours ago, a wonderful repeat client said I need to improve "professionalism, quality, etc" mistakingly because she thought she was clicking things that were great about the order. It's really demoralizing. 

This happened to me today. A client left a review by mistake stating that I can improve in proactiveness, delivery time, etc because she thought she was marking the things she liked. I used the language  @Kesha suggested to let them know. I worked hard on this order and overdelivered to make sure the client was satisfied. 

The system is confusing buyers and it needs to be reworked as you mentioned. 

• Like 15
  • Up 1

Hello @kesha how are you? I want to ask what is the reason why they have decided to hide the services of so many sellers just for being slightly below 5.
I went from having 180 daily views to having 0. My events have been paused for two months, I don't receive any visits and much less clicks.

All my clients were always satisfied, they always rated me 5 publicly, except for one client who mistakenly scored 4 and I didn't ask her to change it.
My source of work is Fiver and they have left me completely out of the search results.

Even promoting I can't get views.

• My question is this: Don't you think that this resolution has gotten a little out of hand? How do you expect us to improve our metrics with a flawed, customer confusing rating system and worst case scenario where we have NO customers!?

It is really useless to try to repair this situation. They have buried us, with all due respect.

Thank you.

• Like 12

I am surprised always and very confused about Fiverr's new review system..... Most of the reviews get * 4.7. 

I have mentioned my cost clearly $$$$$ in my gig. When any client writes to me inbox I tell them clearly about the cost. The client was happy to work with that cost. When the client writes something for their review they are saying very good, excellent job... very good seller, I will again work with him/her, I am very satisfied to work with her/him..... etc but the problem is value for money. 

What is the problem with the Fiverr new review system algorithm?

I am going to be disappointed in the Fiverr review system. As a professional freelancer, I always try to give 5 stars to any discipline and also the clients want to give. but we are not getting the best review.......

• Like 12

On 2/27/2024 at 6:35 AM, smartdezigns said:

Yeah right.. but if buyer is not leaving any review then it should not be considered in calculating success scores. Totally unfair it is.

100% agree on this. Example my husband will NEVER leave a review for anything positive. Never!  If he is not satisfied then he will complain. 

Edited by dutchbydesign
  • Like 11
  • Up 2

On 2/26/2024 at 11:57 PM, Kesha said:

In light of our new ratings and review system, let’s discuss the dos and don'ts of soliciting reviews from your customers. Understanding the importance of positive reviews in achieving success on Fiverr, it's crucial to consistently provide an excellent experience for your buyers. This involves effective communication, upholding professionalism, and delivering top-notch work—all of which can lead to better reviews. 

Beyond these dedicated efforts in the order process, sometimes, a buyer won’t leave a review, and it may also be necessary to actively ask and encourage buyers to leave one to ensure you get the credit due. When asking for feedback, it’s important to adhere to our Terms of Service and avoid the following:

• Feedback manipulation- This is defined as using manipulative language to influence favorable reviews. Tactics such as bribing, coaching, or guilt-tripping customers are not acceptable. Examples include:
    • “Please leave me a good review.” Or, “If you had a good experience, please leave a review".
    • “I won’t be able to feed my family if you leave me a bad review.”
    • “If you leave me a good review I will deliver something a little extra for you.”
  • Threats- Steer clear of any actions that imply negative repercussions for customers leaving unfavorable reviews. Examples include:
    • “I will ruin your website if you don’t leave me a good review.”
    • “I will report you if you don’t leave a good review.”

When in doubt, simply asking for an honest review could go a long way. Once submitted, unless it violates our Terms of Service, a review can only be changed or removed by Customer Support. If you disagree with or require further clarification on a review, you may politely inquire without being confrontational. For instance, you could say, "Hi, I noticed your recent review and would appreciate any feedback on how I could improve." In cases where a buyer unintentionally leaves a low rating, tactfully seeking clarification may prompt them to want to correct the review. 

If your buyer mentions the low rating was an accident, you can coach them through the process of revising the review by reaching out to Customer Support. Keep in mind that before changing the review, Support will examine the conversation to ensure no manipulation took place. Use phrases like, “if you’d like” or “no pressure” to ensure your messages are not interpreted as manipulation. 

Remember, maintaining an impartial tone when discussing feedback with customers is essential. Avoid placing undue pressure on them to rate you in a specific way. This approach not only ensures customer satisfaction but also safeguards you from warnings or potential bans, ultimately preserving your long-term success on the platform.

Its great to have these tips stated here on the forum. It will help guide existing and new sellers who are just getting the hang of how fiverr works. Being polite in requesting for your buyers to leave a review is very important too. Thank you and keep up the great work!

• Like 11

My work has DOUBLED since this new reviewing system, but my income is way lower because of it. Everyday I get around 5 orders or more, and at least 2/5 orders (on a good day) are miss-clicked negative reviews! I spend all day trying to work it out with buyers to guide them through the process of changing a review (which they agreed they wanted it changed) but some of them dont wanna go through all the trouble of contacting customer support. Ive been struggling to get a bigger gig score than 4, but it's impossible with all the mistakes buyers are making because of a HUGE unnecessary complicated survey for a review. I think changing a review should be made more simple and direct without having to contact customer support. Maybe buyers can change it in the first 24 hours or so. That would make a HUGE difference for us sellers that are struggling with these mistakes..

• Like 10

Hi, @Kesha

Can I ask my old regular buyer why she stopped leaving reviews? Or will it get me a warning? 

We’ve been working together for 5-6 years and she would review every order (with a couple exceptions). It’s around 100 reviews in total and during this race to 4.9* a few extra trusted 5* a month wouldn’t hurt. 

She stopped reviewing immediately after the new system was introduced. So she’s either turned off by the new rating system, saw the options, and figured that I was “pretty good” but not “spectacular” and is trying not to hurt my feelings or is not allowed by Fiverr to review anymore (because 100+ reviews it’s suspicious, gaming the system, etc., etc.)

I’m just so curious about what happened, it drives me insane. 

• Like 11

I love to be honest about everything. I want to say something here. Of course, most of us freelancers know each other. So there is contact with them. I see an anomaly in Fiverr's marketplace. That's what we freelancers do. Lately I have heard that the USA account is working from my or any country. It is not an own account. the account is mostly fake account. This is definitely not the rule of fiverr. This is exactly what is done in this marketplace. It is our bad name. Those who want to be honest, and follow the rules of the fiverr. My suggestion is that seller accounts except buyer accounts need ID verification within 1 month of  account opening. It's just to be honest. I had a discussion. Hope fiverr takes this into consideration.

• Like 10

On 3/6/2024 at 5:25 PM, webcut said:

Thank you @Kesha for the reply. I need a guideline from you. In case, Buyer gives lower rating, how can I ask them like the review is given honestly or accidently? I know if buyer tell that was given accidently, I can show evidence to the support team and then they will change it. But my question- how I should propose to my client that it was given accidently or not?

Thanks 🙂

Hi @webcut! I would not recommend asking them if a review was left on purpose or by mistake. In that case, the buyers may feel like there is an underlying pressure to say that it was an accident, even if it wasn't. I would only recommend asking them how you can approve. Remember, the goal of asking them for feedback is not to get them to change the review. If you are going to ask for feedback, do so with the genuine interest in learning how you could have improved for future orders. 

• Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:35 PM, lenasemenkova said:

Hi, @Kesha

Can I ask my old regular buyer why she stopped leaving reviews? Or will it get me a warning? 

We’ve been working together for 5-6 years and she would review every order (with a couple exceptions). It’s around 100 reviews in total and during this race to 4.9* a few extra trusted 5* a month wouldn’t hurt. 

She stopped reviewing immediately after the new system was introduced. So she’s either turned off by the new rating system, saw the options, and figured that I was “pretty good” but not “spectacular” and is trying not to hurt my feelings or is not allowed by Fiverr to review anymore (because 100+ reviews it’s suspicious, gaming the system, etc., etc.)

I’m just so curious about what happened, it drives me insane. 

Hi! In a case like this, I would recommend that you kindly ask/remind her to leave a review instead of explicitly asking her why she hasn't left one. 

• Like 10

Hello @Kesha

3 Days left for 15th March, the commencement of the new level system and still no official response for those having ACCOUNT FLAGGED issue. 

The CS firstly said its INCONSISTENT LOCATION. Last time they said its because my account is POSSIBLY connected with another account that was suspended by Fiverr for TOS violations, why punish me for that?? I have been working on Fiverr for 3 Years now, I was a TOP RATED SELLER Eligible.

Please help me out! 🙏

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

On 3/12/2024 at 4:53 AM, adanaik said:

Hello @Kesha

3 Days left for 15th March, the commencement of the new level system and still no official response for those having ACCOUNT FLAGGED issue. 

The CS firstly said its INCONSISTENT LOCATION. Last time they said its because my account is POSSIBLY connected with another account that was suspended by Fiverr for TOS violations, why punish me for that?? I have been working on Fiverr for 3 Years now, I was a TOP RATED SELLER Eligible.

Please help me out! 🙏

If the account is flagged, I think there is no other way to get back. From other seller experience, Fiverr made his final decision, I guess !

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

On 3/12/2024 at 2:17 AM, Kesha said:

Hi @webcut! I would not recommend asking them if a review was left on purpose or by mistake. In that case, the buyers may feel like there is an underlying pressure to say that it was an accident, even if it wasn't. I would only recommend asking them how you can approve. Remember, the goal of asking them for feedback is not to get them to change the review. If you are going to ask for feedback, do so with the genuine interest in learning how you could have improved for future orders. 

Thanks @Kesha. In this case, when I ask how can I improve my score, Can I add the rating screenshot so client can Understand ?

• Like 7

On 2/27/2024 at 7:35 AM, kingpirux said:

you should also mention that is important to use that exact words every time because is going to be reviewed by an AI, so going out of the pre trained scope could cause the AI to go against the freelancer, always.

your are right 

• Like 7

so where i can know the new level system on operation? 

I drop from level 2 to level 0,

My best-selling gig only got 4, and the system tells me 

"Effective communication

Conflict-free orders"
so, I and clients just finish orders without communication, and gain Fiverr so much money?!
The last time I was there, this topic was locked for comment. I can say nothing.
that doesn't mean I feel good about the new level system.
I spent so much work and time on this to get level 2, and they just changed the rule!
I just noticed they changed the success score of level 2 from 10 to 7,  so they think that solves the problem?
The issue should be addressed by resolving the cause of the problem, not by lowering standards, expanding the group of compliant individuals, as a way to appease a segment of users.
  • Like 7

I must mention all my orders are finished in 5 stars. only one 4. and I work on Fiverr more than 3 yrs.

also, for one gig, most of the buyers are new users. so you know, new users are unstable, they just want some help to come to Fiverr, and if they succeed in the first order, they will stay and place more orders on this platform.

but a main problem is, most of new users do not want to learn any rules.

When he completed the order and made an evaluation, he may have just casually picked a few options out of interest.

So do I have to pay for this randomness, or do I have to give them a long lecture every time a new user comes?

They have an issue that needs to be resolved and I have the perfect solution. Once the issue is solved, the task is done. It's really that straightforward.

Does Fiverr have to force buyers to do some extra "honest" work? If they don't do it, punish the seller?

• Like 7

I don’t like to push buyers to leave reviews. Fiverr’s review process is long and confusing, and as a seller I’m not allowed to educate buyers on the review process and how impactful it is on my ability to remain active on the platform.

However, since Fiverr does not effectively communicate to new buyers 1) how Fiverr works, 2) what “reject delivery” means, and 3) how reviews work, for quite a while now I’ve included this message in deliveries to buyers that appear new to the platform (or occasionally, older buyers who are repeat clients and never seem to leave reviews or complete their orders):

(paraphrased) Fiverr will automatically close this order after three days if you don’t request revisions. If you’re happy with the results, go ahead and accept the delivery and then leave a review if you wish. If there are any issues, feel free to request revisions (the button may say “reject delivery”) and I’ll be happy to revise so you can get exactly what you need. 

@Kesha is that acceptable?

I’m not pushing them to leave a positive review but educating them what to do if the delivery is perfect vs revisions are needed. If I don’t coach new buyers on what to do, they will sometimes leave half-satisfied,  without ever requesting revisions—even though their order clearly says free revisions are included. (Revisions are often required for this type of work.) This is because Fiverr actively pushes buyers away from requesting revisions by labeling the button “reject delivery”, which is a very strong negative term. After I direct them to the button, they say, "Oh yeah, I saw that button but I was afraid to click it."

• Like 8