Etiquettes for navigating ratings and reviews from buyers

1 hour ago, usman94 said:

Hi,

My clients are facing issues with the rating system. They want to give 5-star ratings, but Fiverr always shows 4.7. What is the main issue? Am I the only one facing this, or are other sellers experiencing the same problem?

Screenshot_20240302-015235~2.jpg

Hello! 

I am sorry to hear of this recent situation. The buyer seemed to have given you 4 stars for the quality of delivery metric, which made the overall rating a 4.7. We have intentionally designed the new system to show buyers the overall rating before they click submit for situations like this where a rating is entered incorrectly. Your buyer should have still been able to go back and make edits before clicking submit.

I understand that perhaps the buyer was not aware of how to navigate the system. For this, I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support to get help in this situation. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kesha said:

Your buyer should have still been able to go back and make edits before clicking submit.

I had exactly the same problem as this client when I placed an order about 2 weeks ago. I searched for a long time on how to modify my rating. The "back" button wasn't visible on my screen. I had to scroll down for the button to appear.

That's not what you call a perfect UX when you have to scroll down to go back 🤔

• Like 20
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, carineb said:

I had exactly the same problem as this client when I placed an order about 2 weeks ago. I searched for a long time on how to modify my rating. The "back" button wasn't visible on my screen. I had to scroll down for the button to appear.

I understand! Thanks for pointing that out. I will pass it along to the product team. 

• Like 20
  • Congrats! 1

9 minutes ago, Kesha said:

I understand! Thanks for pointing that out. I will pass it along to the product team. 

Thank you for your responsiveness!

I am sure they will find a perfect solution for the button.
I hope they will also find a perfect solution so that a customer who wants to give 5 stars does not end up giving something other than 5 stars.
The problem of the "back button" only exists because there is another much bigger problem!

• Like 21
  • Up 2

51 minutes ago, Kesha said:

For this, I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support to get help in this situation. 

@KeshaSo are you saying that after more than a month I can message my buyer letting her know she can contact CS to get her rating corrected and I won't get a warning???

This was her message just seconds after rating me, and my reply telling her not to do anything because I could get a warning. This is how I knew I got hit with the "value for money", even before I had time to read the review. 

1.jpg.7e25d0d6fcd930cdb769598764598eed.jpg

• Like 14
  • Sad 3
  • Up 5

Hope the fiverr team is doing well, I was happy for the rating system update and was looking forward to it, appreciated it, but now I notice it has affected my rating system, my rating has dropped, don't know if this is happening to everyone. Now having bad time, is there any solution for it.

• Like 16

What's going on? My overall rating dropped from 5 to 4.8. Why is that? For this gig, I have 26 five-star reviews, and all my clients left long, awesome reviews for me. So, why did the quality of delivery become 3.1?

014.png

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, farshad19rodar said:

What's going on? My overall rating dropped from 5 to 4.8. Why is that? For this gig, I have 26 five-star reviews, and all my clients left long, awesome reviews for me. So, why did the quality of delivery become 3.1?

It might be that Fiverr started to incorporate private reviews into the public rating.

• Like 15
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, nadiappp said:

It might be that Fiverr started to incorporate private reviews into the public rating.

Clients who gave me 5 stars, and most of them wrote lengthy AAA reviews for me. Does that mean they gave me a bad private review? It does not make sense🤔

• Like 15

20 minutes ago, farshad19rodar said:

Clients who gave me 5 stars, and most of them wrote lengthy AAA reviews for me. Does that mean they gave me a bad private review? It does not make sense🤔

I don't know. A lot of things in this new rating system are hidden from us and we'll never know what exactly influenced it. (It sucks, I'm sorry.)

• Like 18

ORDER CANCELLATIONS - PROTECTING SELLERS ON FIVERR?

I'd like to enquire how other sellers feel about buyers being able to leave a review on your profile when an order gets canceled, however, you can not do the same on their profile?

Why are buyers allowed to negatively impact our business by leaving a review on our profiles after a canceled order, however, we can't warn other sellers about the negative experience with the buyer in a review on their profile? Is this not supposed to go both ways? How are we protecting sellers from bad apples who constantly request revisions, don't respond, or cause major issues with their orders?

The benefit where we can view Buyer Metrics means nothing if we can't review their past dealings with sellers on Fiverr, much like how they can, right on our profile? Isn't this incredibly unfair? Even a non-public review page for buyers only accesible by SPP members would balance this better. Currently it is completely unfair and sellers have to just deal with people who seemingly have all the power to negatively impact your profile even if you as the seller choose to cancel and refund the order.

Sure you can reply to their review, however other sellers can't see this - so there is no safeguard for sellers to vet the clients who inquire to buy our services. Meaning we'll likely walk into the same trap again and again. Buyers will be more careful, and a lot more considerate when they have to deal with the consequences of their actions as well...no?

It seems like an easy way to taint the community and reduce quality services on the platform by so blatantly favoring buyers over sellers in this regard. I had someone who ordered 6 gigs in the past, all from different sellers, cancelled all of the orders, and left scathing reviews, then posted on their social media that they 'paid' for 6 things and hated them all... uh... no you didn't. You had six people work for free and then left nasty reviews on their profiles, hurting their businesses.

Is there a better way to balance things, protect sellers and support the community?

• Like 12
  • Haha 3
  • Up 2

Delivered for a client super fast, they were very happy, left a glowing written review, but only filled out the review for seller communication, which was 5 stars.

It has come out as 4.7 stars, lowering my gig review score to 4.9. I've tried to see where the lower rating is, and can't see it anywhere. I'm a new seller, soon to be level 1, and let's face it - that 5.0 matters at this level. Why has this happened, and what can be done to fix it?

• Like 14

On 3/3/2024 at 8:36 AM, farshad19rodar said:

014.png

Hi @farshad19rodar! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would recommend reaching out to your CSM. They would be more than happy to help assist you with this concern. 

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1

On 3/1/2024 at 6:34 PM, maitasun said:

@KeshaSo are you saying that after more than a month I can message my buyer letting her know she can contact CS to get her rating corrected and I won't get a warning???

This was her message just seconds after rating me, and my reply telling her not to do anything because I could get a warning. This is how I knew I got hit with the "value for money", even before I had time to read the review. 

1.jpg.7e25d0d6fcd930cdb769598764598eed.jpg

Hi @maitasun! I appreciate your care in making sure you are not going against any of the ToS. If you reach out to CS and explain the situation to them, they can assist you in getting the review updated. 

• Like 13
  • Up 1

i love how the solution to all the problems that are pilling up is "contact CS"and when you do is just an AI copy pasting things that are already marked as problems with impossible solution and the forum is filled with people having contacted CS and CSM with no solution provided 🙃

the effort of fiverr to keep doing something wrong has my admiration.YARN | We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right. | The  Boondocks (2005) - S03E03 The Red Ball | Video clips by quotes | 54fcc04e |  紗

• Like 13

On 3/1/2024 at 11:53 PM, Kesha said:
On 3/1/2024 at 11:51 PM, carineb said:

In fact, I wonder if I even found a "back" button when I scrolled or if I finally clicked on my browser's "back" arrow.
I remember that as I scrolled down, I saw a check/uncheck box for a delivery sample in my review. This box should be visible without having to scroll! Could you please let the product team know about this too?

Anyway, it all comes down to the same thing... a customer who leaves a review shouldn't even have to look for a way to modify his review. If they want to change it, it's because they've discovered a rating they didn't give, and that's the problem with this rating system, which awards stars without the customer having to choose a number of stars.

• Like 14
  • Up 1