Etiquettes for navigating ratings and reviews from buyers

On 3/14/2024 at 3:20 PM, martinyang201 said:

so where i can know the new level system on operation? 

I drop from level 2 to level 0,

My best-selling gig only got 4, and the system tells me 

"Effective communication

Conflict-free orders"
so, I and clients just finish orders without communication, and gain Fiverr so much money?!
The last time I was there, this topic was locked for comment. I can say nothing.
that doesn't mean I feel good about the new level system.
I spent so much work and time on this to get level 2, and they just changed the rule!
I just noticed they changed the success score of level 2 from 10 to 7,  so they think that solves the problem?
The issue should be addressed by resolving the cause of the problem, not by lowering standards, expanding the group of compliant individuals, as a way to appease a segment of users.

Yes, i also lost my level for this change, and i think it wasn't necessary all of this... Now the risk is that of receiving involuntary negative feedbacl from the client just because the system is messed up, it's unfair.
And there are still "Top" freelancers with 3 or 4 feedback and jobs, these should be checked and brought back to an appropriate level.

Edited by effeggi89
  • Like 9

• Kesha unfeatured this topic
On 3/16/2024 at 4:30 AM, effeggi89 said:
2024 年 3 月 16 日凌晨 4:30,effeggi89 说:

And there are still "Top" freelancers with 3 or 4 feedback and jobs, these should be checked and brought back to an appropriate level.

this is not what really to worry about, under new level system, these seller will get more order, then join back to the level 0.

That is a joke, but who we need to laugh at not them.

• Like 8

On 2/27/2024 at 10:56 PM, vickieito said:

If they leave feedback on the order page (or inbox chats), I just ask them if I can use their comments in my advertising to future clients (then I save a screenshot of that approval). Buyers don't have to leave public feedback if they don't want (and many times my resume clients come after several weeks/months to tell me that my resume landed them interviews, LinkedIn connects, or a job). So I just keep those for marketing purposes if clients need additional proof/assurances of the quality of my work.

nice .

• Like 6

On 2/27/2024 at 8:30 AM, alliemadison12 said:

Do you think that perhaps the fact that so many buyers are mistakingly leaving poor reviews is a sign that the new system is confusing and should be reworked? I'm a TRS Pro seller and every single day I get low reviews as an accident. Every time I reach out to see what could be improved, I'm told that everything was great and they made a mistake. For instance, just a few hours ago, a wonderful repeat client said I need to improve "professionalism, quality, etc" mistakingly because she thought she was clicking things that were great about the order. It's really demoralizing. 

hello (Fiverr told me I met their requirements. But the client has changed his mind.) And it was canceled from fiverr. Can it be resolved by contacting again after cancellation? Because what is the judgment if the client runs away with his work.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 8:00 AM, alliemadison12 said:

Do you think that perhaps the fact that so many buyers are mistakingly leaving poor reviews is a sign that the new system is confusing and should be reworked? I'm a TRS Pro seller and every single day I get low reviews as an accident. Every time I reach out to see what could be improved, I'm told that everything was great and they made a mistake. For instance, just a few hours ago, a wonderful repeat client said I need to improve "professionalism, quality, etc" mistakingly because she thought she was clicking things that were great about the order. It's really demoralizing. 

I am also facing the same problem (so many buyers are mistakenly leaving poor) for the past couple of months, Please fix the problem as soon as possible,

Despite our continuous efforts and dedication day in and day out, even a small mistake or misunderstanding by the buyer due this new confusing rating system can have detrimental effects.

I kindly request that you address this matter promptly, as it not only affects sellers financially but also takes a toll on their mental well-being. Your swift action in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated by all parties involved.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 3/2/2024 at 1:04 PM, minimalseller said:

Hope the fiverr team is doing well, I was happy for the rating system update and was looking forward to it, appreciated it, but now I notice it has affected my rating system, my rating has dropped, don't know if this is happening to everyone. Now having bad time, is there any solution for it.

it seems to be a great initiative for seller profile

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

What's going wrong with my success score? It's been dropping day by day. 

When the new level system first came out, my score was 8. Now it's only 6!

I haven't cancelled any orders myself, but a customer accidentally placed a duplicate order. Thankfully, they cancelled it within a few minutes.

I received a message saying this wouldn't affect my seller statistics, but why is my score dropping?

I'm really confused. What should I do?

Screenshot 2024-03-27 004313.png

Screenshot 2024-03-27 005040.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I dont know what to do anymore, 9/10 reviews i get are perfect with 11 things that went well and 5 stars. Yet still one month since the update went live, all my statistics are "strong negative impact". I really dont know if their system is just REALLY poorly made or im doing something wrong at this point.. Really demotivating, thinking of moving business elsewhere at this point after 3 years on this site... they dont care about seller anymore. Ive even issued multiple tickets because of buyers treating me poorly using degrading words and ive gotten no response and im afraid those buyers might leave 1star reviews just to threaten me...

• Like 8
  • Up 1

On 3/26/2024 at 8:09 PM, priyatomokumar said:

I haven't cancelled any orders myself, but a customer accidentally placed a duplicate order. Thankfully, they cancelled it within a few minutes.

I received a message saying this wouldn't affect my seller statistics, but why is my score dropping?

That score doesn't depend on offers made/deleted/withdrawn, it literally depends on the words you use during the conversation (since they are automatically read by the app).

You don't have to ask for feedback, ever. You have to be kind, thank you, don't pressure the customer, don't post links, don't ask to be paid from outside and a thousand other tricks that help.

I'm doing some tests and the score went from 4 to 5 (which isn't enough, I know, but better than nothing)

As I have already written, Fiverr is evolving, but backwards.

• Like 6

you should also mention that it is important to use those exact words every time because it is going to be reviewed by an AI, so going out of the pre-trained scope could cause the AI to go against the freelancer, always. Awaiting your reply🤪

• Like 6

I found this in the Fiverr Guide Videos, I hope it would be helpful for everyone.

"It would be super beneficial if you could leave me your honest feedback at the end of this order and inform me in regard to any other inputs needed from your end.
Creating valuable content for your business is my top priority, and your feedback is essential."

• Like 6

Not post links? My business is very dependent on references. Why would this cause a problem for the AI?

On 4/1/2024 at 10:14 PM, effeggi89 said:

That score doesn't depend on offers made/deleted/withdrawn, it literally depends on the words you use during the conversation (since they are automatically read by the app).

You don't have to ask for feedback, ever. You have to be kind, thank you, don't pressure the customer, don't post links, don't ask to be paid from outside and a thousand other tricks that help.

I'm doing some tests and the score went from 4 to 5 (which isn't enough, I know, but better than nothing)

As I have already written, Fiverr is evolving, but backwards.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, kohinaichimatsu said:

Not post links? My business is very dependent on references. Why would this cause a problem for the AI?

Yeah, me too but i don't know why, the situation isn't simply, i know 😞

• Like 6

On 4/2/2024 at 9:24 AM, jag_iapp said:
I found this in the Fiverr Guide Videos, I hope it would be helpful for everyone.

"It would be super beneficial if you could leave me your honest feedback at the end of this order and inform me in regard to any other inputs needed from your end.
Creating valuable content for your business is my top priority, and your feedback is essential."

It would be interesting to make a list of phrases to take inspiration from

• Like 5

On 2/27/2024 at 7:35 AM, kingpirux said:

you should also mention that is important to use that exact words every time because is going to be reviewed by an AI, so going out of the pre trained scope could cause the AI to go against the freelancer, always.

Consistency in language is key. Using exact words can help AI reviews be more accurate and fair to the freelancer.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 4/4/2024 at 10:14 PM, arafatcoco said:

Consistency in language is key. Using exact words can help AI reviews be more accurate and fair to the freelancer.

absoloutly not. That's just robot talking, the main difference between transforming every freelancer to an AI and having real people is having personal touch, is having the capacity to talk to each client in their own special way, something hard to understand and maybe is a bad word for some fiverr employees but is called: human empathy.

Edited by kingpirux
  • Like 6

On 3/27/2024 at 1:09 AM, priyatomokumar said:

You can contact Fiverr support.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, kingpirux said:

absoloutly not. That's just robot talking, the main difference between transforming every freelancer to an AI and having real people is having personal touch, is having the capacity to talk to each client in their own special way, something hard to understand and maybe is a bad word for some fiverr employees but is called: human empathy.

I agree with you on the above decision. Yes, AI can't be 100 percent accurate enough to provide the same solution. Only the real person or freelancer can solve this manually, that is very effective and has accuracy .

• Like 6

On 2/27/2024 at 10:47 PM, mandyzines said:

I don't know if it will help. It's been less effective since they changed the review process. I've been receiving less reviews. 

I want to know why Fiverr has changed their review option.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...