Important Updates: Level System (now live!) and Ratings & Reviews (testing changes)

9 hours ago, newsmike said:

This is funny since all the PRO's in my vertical are charging a fraction of what we charge IRL, but even with the downward pressure this exerts on pricing, they seem determined to herd us back into the $5 sweatshop.

image.png.c9f4462d60c451b05efb88a4da75c1b6.png

What's the motive for Fiverr though? Higher cost orders = more platform fees they can pocket, right?

Shouldn't they reward sellers who convert buyers onto higher cost gigs? Maybe I'm missing something here.

• Like 8
  • Up 2

12 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Being a guilt trip travel agent is acceptable in some countries, and many sellers have no qualms about telling buyers sad stories about their children starving if they cannot make a living on Fiverr. So many buyers avoid this issue by giving 5-star reviews to all sellers and are more honest in the private reviews. 

That's not true. I have mostly all 5 star reviews and I've never once told anyone any sob story. At most i've offered to cancel orders when my grandfather was passing away. But that would be a negative impact on me. Fiverr has an automated system that looks for this kind of conversation. Things get flagged all of the time and it's not worth losing your account. I understand being devils advocate but your outlooks is pretty bad toward hardworking artists.

My policy on my designs is that I will design a logo or brand for a company until theyre 100% satisfied. If they're not happy I ask what I can do to change it. sometimes it's gone on for weeks just to get them exactly what they want. If theyre still not satisfied, I give them a cancelation for free.

You cannot blanket a statement and say that fiverr needs to rely on private feedback to get around the accounts giving sob stories for fake 5 star ratings. You're talking about an incredibly small percentage or artists who probably arent successful in the first place if they need to resort to that standard.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I have the following question. 

Currently, I have two gigs, which show me the following: Negative Impact (Order cancellations). 

In both cases, orders were canceled by Customer Support.

One of them was an academic assignment, and the other one was an attempt to pass an exam online.

I was told that my metrics wouldn't be affected, but that's not the case. 

Can this also be taken into account while considering future updates? 

2024-02-14_15-29-22.png

One more thing, in the FAQ section, one sentence is shown twice:

2024-02-14_15-56-09.png.d458ce513eb33e55edbacce6f06697d3.png

My late delivery rate is 100% yet my gig showing negetive impact 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, alyssa_18 said:

Previously stat calculation period was 60 days, does any body have idea, what's that period in new system?
Looking at the stats it seems they are calculating it since i started selling on Fiverr.

two years is what they're saying.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

I came across a message on my dashboard today, apparently from   @fiverr_admin, mentioning location inconsistency issues. I want to clarify that I reside in India and haven't traveled outside the country. While I have traveled between cities within India, which is quite common given the vastness of our nation, it shouldn't be a cause for concern.  

I have connections and commitments in different parts of the country, including family, friends, and my college, which is far from my hometown. Implementing such rigid rules without considering these factors seems unreasonable. It's crucial for platforms like Fiverr to provide clear warnings and explanations for any policy changes.  I'm disappointed with this decision and strongly oppose it.

I urge my fellow freelancers to join me in raising our voices against this decision.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

2 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Two years. 😬

They give grace period of 1 month to fix the stats that span over last 2 years. it doesn't make sense. 

For 2 year period they should have given the Success Score at least up to 2 decimal points so that we can see it in real time. otherwise there is no transparency to see how am i performing now or even in last month or two.

• Like 5
  • Up 4

7 minutes ago, alyssa_18 said:

otherwise there is no transparency to see how am i performing now or even in last month or two.

Exactly. 

The success score should start at the same point for everyone -- under the new system -- and give sellers, like you (and others) a chance to ease into the new score. Old data can be added in slowly, to bring seller histories into focus. It is unwise to dump everyone into the mix based entirely upon old data (especially when some great sellers worked hard to overcome past challenges that, now, once again, penalize them severely under the new rules). This disqualifies some great hard-working sellers right off the bat, with little to no chance to operate (or sell) under the new requirements. 

• Like 9
  • Up 1

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm about to lose everything despite being a 4.9/5 star level 2 seller for a decade. The last 1 star review I received was 8 years ago and for something Fiverr doesn't even offer anymore. I kinda feel like I'm being hung out to dry with zero support or ability to defend myself.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Exactly. 

The success score should start at the same point for everyone -- under the new system -- and give sellers, like you (and others) a chance to ease into the new score. Old data can be added in slowly, to bring seller histories into focus. It is unwise to dump everyone into the mix based entirely upon old data (especially when some great sellers worked hard to overcome past challenges that, now, once again, penalize them severely under the new rules). This disqualifies some great hard-working sellers right off the bat, with little to no chance to operate (or sell) under the new requirements. 

One key point which a lot of us are missing out is that - the '2 year performance' is kind of in alignment with the system having 'private reviews' around. So the higher weightage is given to orders which had both public and private reviews. 

This kinda makes 1000's of orders from previous decade with 5-star reviews, pretty much trivial!! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Exactly. 

You are right; this new system could be helpful if it were implemented gradually and in a controlled manner.

As my own example, I have been with Fiverr for over 8 years, and for the most part, it's been pretty steady. However, last year I had my first baby, which had some impact on my performance on Fiverr. So, my last two years were spent dealing with pregnancy and then caring for an infant, which inevitably had some impact on my Fiverr profile. Even though I didn't receive too many cancellations or negative reviews, and earnings were not bad, I could feel a slowdown in activity on Fiverr. Gradually, I have picked up the pace, and things are finally on the right track. But now, out of nowhere come these success scores, which are calculated based on the last two years. And I am again evaluated with someone who started just a few months ago.

Rather than breaking and making these seller levels over and over again, it would have been better if Fiverr could incentivize the high performers or at least show us these private states much earlier so that we could tune our gigs and services accordingly.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, anniejenkinson said:

I feel the same and penned a long post here... which has not been shown and 'needs moderating'. Hmm, I wonder why! Maybe this site is not for openness at all. It feels devious.

There was a word in the post that auto flagged it for moderation. The system isn't perfect and there was nothing wrong with your post that I can see so it's approved. Also, depending on the time of day, mod availability and forum activity levels (it's very active atm!) it can take longer than usual. 

• Like 8

I'm still a bit confused by the new rating system, what information out of these metrics will the clients be able to see when the update goes live next month? 

Will they able to see the overall score? Will they be able to see these individual metrics (Client satisfaction, Delivery time, Value for money, etc?)

I feel like I'm going to have to be extremely selective as to who I choose to work with, even more than I already am. I have always lived in perpetual fear over my rating but this has just added so many extra dimensions to it.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 072103.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, jefftuts said:

What's the motive for Fiverr though? Higher cost orders = more platform fees they can pocket, right?

Shouldn't they reward sellers who convert buyers onto higher cost gigs? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Yes, absolutely.  Probably much more likely than an intentional destructive move, we are probably dealing with the unintended consequences of decisions made by people who don't sell anything, have never marketed anything and certainly don't know how to construct an algorithm. I think it just feels like they are trying to destroy higher priced gigs, when they are more than likely simply incompetent.  

• Like 10
  • Up 16

2 hours ago, nrajuud said:

I came across a message on my dashboard today, apparently from   @fiverr_admin, mentioning location inconsistency issues. I want to clarify that I reside in India and haven't traveled outside the country. While I have traveled between cities within India, which is quite common given the vastness of our nation, it shouldn't be a cause for concern.  

I have connections and commitments in different parts of the country, including family, friends, and my college, which is far from my hometown. Implementing such rigid rules without considering these factors seems unreasonable. It's crucial for platforms like Fiverr to provide clear warnings and explanations for any policy changes.  I'm disappointed with this decision and strongly oppose it.

I urge my fellow freelancers to join me in raising our voices against this decision.

Same thing happened to me as I often visit my parents house and in-laws. 

I have massaged customers support and they are saying that I am permanently banned from participating in Fiverr level system! 

I am selling on fiverr for last 3 years and completed over 1900 orders with 5 star ratings, but it looks like all the hard work I did is going to waste. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

For sure it will disrupt completely the seller market on this platform.

Maybe this is the intention of Fiverr - but it has nothing to do with feedback or metrics or to give more transparency to the system

When you have some sneaky dishonest customers - you have no chance. Your metric will drop and at the worst you will drop to level 0. No success manager or whoever else can give you any guidance what to do against that.

They can smile at your face all the time - but at the end put the ax in your back.

And you even have more or less no chance to know who is the faulty apple in your basket.

For sure everybody with a 10 can shine now - but dont forget this can change very fast - and you are NOT able to do anything against it.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

I would like to draw attention to the latest issue in the Fiverr. A lot of sellers got their account flagged for severe violation of Fiverr policies and they can no longer participate in the new seller level system. They don't get any warning email from Fiverr either. Their accounts are working their gigs are showing up on search results etc. They just don't get any level.

When asked from customer support the CS states that they say the account have location inconsistencies. 
Now what on earth are location inconsistencies? And If we are supposed to stay in one location what happens to the digital nomad lifestyle of freelancers which Fiverr proudly encourages freelancers to adopt by stating its benefits?

I can state on behalf of my friend she traveled once outside the country and traveled to 3 cities in her home country within the last 1 year. 

The fact that she has her account flagged gives me chills. 
Are we allowed to move around or we should stay in our homes and suffer from depression?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Up 4

19 hours ago, msw_77 said:

Exactly. 
Same issue with me 
I had one order cancelled which was 8 months ago. 
It had negative impact even though I contacted cs and they reverted the effect because it was wrong order placed and was cancelled immediately by mutal cancellation.

Two points, what's the point of cancelling the order through CS if it still gonna impact on our Success Score. 
Seconds point is, what is the time frame of cancelled order effect?
Clearly order cancelled 8 months ago is still valid 

Mine is a 2022 order and the other one is a 1 year old order. The third cancelation was not even a cancelation. I delivered the order, got a 5 star review and then the client did not have money in their account or something.

All three cancelations were out of my hands and they are reflected.

• Like 4

Just now, coffeebreakva said:

Mine is a 2022 order and the other one is a 1 year old order. The third cancelation was not even a cancelation. I delivered the order, got a 5 star review and then the client did not have money in their account or something.

All three cancelations were out of my hands and they are reflected.

I had no cancellations in 2024, but in 2023 I had 10, 6 of which were cancelled even before the requirements were submitted,(wrong payment method, duplicate order, orders by mistake etc) so they shouldn't have any impact. Now we are left with 4. I brought over 180 orders on Fiverr last year alone, so that should definitely cancel that. I had 100% on all stats before this system rolled out. Feels like Fiverr is punishing us for the crimes we didn't even commit. This is what you get after 4 years of providing excellent service, Getting Fiverr choice badges, Repeat business badges, without a single negative review, and now I'm being told communication "sucks"?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Not for you, yet it happens and there have been Fiverr buyers on the Forum who have stated so. 

Yep. And it is not a small percentage. Many sellers go absolutely crazy with either sob stories, as you said, or they get downright hostile and scary.

Now, I never give negative reviews to avoid that hostility. If I'm not satisfied I don't leave a review, but instead wait for the private feedback.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 5
  • Up 3