Paid promotion feature

janali

your think is good but new sellers will not get any single order because this feature will use Level 2 Sellers or above and They will catch all new clients so, I think they will catch 70% clients and 30% clients will choose new sellers due to low budget

Not true. Just 2 hours ago we had new seller on forum talking about how she got 85 orders in two months.

So it is possible. We just have no idea how.

• Like 5

I got the notification as well and I kind of hate this. My portrait gig has always been at the top of the first page, now I will have to pay to maintain that position. It would have been better if Fiverr advertised the gig in another way (outside of the platform). Messing with the gig placement is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. I hope I’m wrong.

I entirely agree with you, worthforcheap. For people who consistently perform well and whose gigs were top-ranked anyway, this is a strange system that has no benefits. It will just push down the people who used to be at the top based on merit. I really don’t like systems that advertise us based on how much we spend. I was offered this a few months ago and have not used it–I dislike it.

• Like 9

I got the notification as well and I kind of hate this. My top drawing gig has always been on the top of the first page, now I will have to pay to maintain that position. It would have been better if Fiverr advertised the gig in another way (outside of the platform). Messing with the gig placement is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. I hope I’m wrong.

I’m gonna be blunt with you: I’ve used such a thing only twice, and it was on Facebook and another local marketplace site (paid ads). Not only did it not help at all, it also felt completely pointless. If you want actually useful advertisement, you gotta put some serious cash down and pay for Google ads or something (Edit: I should have phrased this more clearly: I’m talking about my experience with these types of ads in general, not directly on Fiverr). Or be already very popular and have tons of gigs. Otherwise such paid ads are nothing but an alternative source of income for the service provider that have little to no perceivable effect for the average end user.

and pay for Google ads or something. Or be already very popular and have tons of gigs. Otherwise such paid ads are nothing but an alternative source of income for the service provider that have little to no perceivable effect for the average end user.

I thought you are not allowed to advertise gigs through google ads… ( I can’t guess if you’re talking about Fiverr or ads in general, you haven’t specified )

Also I am using the paid promotion for 2 days and I already got 3 orders … ( paid 14,revenue is 155 )

• Like 6

I contacted support today just to be sure… they say all is ok, all my gigs are active… First few days of September were great, than a drastic fall from 5th.

You are experiencing exactly the same results which i am facing , i am a level 2 seller , now no more inquiries since more then a week , did you get something from support? I get a copied msg that gigs are active

• Like 4

You are experiencing exactly the same results which i am facing , i am a level 2 seller , now no more inquiries since more then a week , did you get something from support? I get a copied msg that gigs are active

Me too, that is all ok and active on their side and that I can contact them again in few days if things don`t improve.

• Like 4

I (lvl2 seller) also received a notification.
I currently propose 12 gigs.
The only gig I can promote is the one that works well and have the best impressions/click/orders.
So no need to promote that gig.

I will be interested in promoting that of my gig that have low impression rate.
So I decide not to use that promotion in a first time.

• Like 4

NO “AD” or “Promoted” symbol in the screenshot

So it could be:

1. The screenshot they gave you wasn’t showing your gig in it’s promoted position (eg. it could have been it’s organic search position)

or

2. If it was showing the promoted position, then it’s not showing it as it should (with the “AD”) since that is how they said it’s supposed to show it. Maybe it could be a bug on the search page. Really they should fix it.
  • Like 4

I think any sign of AD on Gig’s thumbnail will likely tempt bad guys to click on it.

And maybe it is the reason why not to show it.

If it’s intentional that it isn’t shown they shouldn’t show “AD” in the help page for promoted gigs (or Promoted in the video on the help page).

There’s code in the gig page ready for it, just like the Fiverr’s choice caption/tooltip or the rising talent badge.

• Like 4

If it’s intentional that it isn’t shown they shouldn’t show “AD” in the help page for promoted gigs (or Promoted in the video on the help page).

There’s code in the gig page ready for it, just like the Fiverr’s choice caption/tooltip or the rising talent badge.

Good point. I was just guessing and widening range of possible reasons…

By the way, has anyone here asked CS about it? Specifically “AD” or “Promoted” caption on Gig’s image?

• Like 5

I think maybe this feature in the beta now because they give the sellers $10 as a gift to try this feature

• Like 5

I haven’t seen any “ad” or “promoted” labels either, but assumed it was because I have 4 ad blockers …

Though if there’s nothing to distinguish code-wise (that the ad-blocker could see) between the promoted search results and the organic ones (ie. the code is all on the Fiverr site rather than having the ads be from a separate site like google-ads and there’s no separate pop-up window or something) then an ad-blocker probably shouldn’t be able block those ads. It seems like no one has been able to see the “AD” overlay.

• Like 4