Paid promotion feature

janali

Please let us know if you received a response, I’m curious to hear what they’ll say! 🙂

Please let us know if you received a response

I will. Here is the note I sent to CS. The buyer ordered from me two times through my inbox and I made him custom offers on a gig I had not promoted. The third time he also came to me through my inbox and made a request for a gig I was promoting. When I made him an offer on that gig and he accepted it. Then when I went the dashboard, I noticed his order had a “promoted” sign on it.

415595613_ScreenShot2020-09-08at7_50_02AM.thumb.png.01b81913444f67edf83300dcbbe06380.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 7.50.02 AM1381×533 110 KB
  • Like 6

Please let us know if you received a response

I will. Here is the note I sent to CS. The buyer ordered from me two times through my inbox and I made him custom offers on a gig I had not promoted. The third time he also came to me through my inbox and made a request for a gig I was promoting. When I made him an offer on that gig and he accepted it. Then when I went the dashboard, I noticed his order had a “promoted” sign on it.

Oh I see. I’m worried this is going to turn into a big mess once the feature is out for all eligible sellers.

Edit: The issue, however, is that if a returning buyer clicks on your ad, you also get charged for it. If I clicked on your ad without any intention to actually order your gig, you’d get charged for that as well.

But I really don’t understand why you’d have to be charged for an order from your returning buyer unless they got to your gig by clicking on the ad and then sent a request.

• Like 8

Oh I see. I’m worried this is going to turn into a big mess once the feature is out for all eligible sellers.

Edit: The issue, however, is that if a returning buyer clicks on your ad, you also get charged for it. If I clicked on your ad without any intention to actually order your gig, you’d get charged for that as well.

But I really don’t understand why you’d have to be charged for an order from your returning buyer unless they got to your gig by clicking on the ad and then sent a request.

That is what puzzled me too! I had completed 2 gigs before for this buyer.

Plus, with everyone who pays for clicks being moved to the front of the search pages, I would think the others of us who do not are pushed back.

I have noticed several buyers in my niche be in the first position or at least the first line for many days with many orders. Then one of them went OOO. (I suppose by clicking their gig to check out how many orders they have I am getting them charged for a click. :woman_facepalming:)

• Like 6

That is what puzzled me too! I had completed 2 gigs before for this buyer.

Plus, with everyone who pays for clicks being moved to the front of the search pages, I would think the others of us who do not are pushed back.

I have noticed several buyers in my niche be in the first position or at least the first line for many days with many orders. Then one of them went OOO. (I suppose by clicking their gig to check out how many orders they have I am getting them charged for a click. :woman_facepalming:)

Then one of them went OOO.

Hmm, could imply that they got too many orders to work off? I’m not sure. I hardly get anything from promoting my gig for some reason. Since yesterday it got 36 impressions, no clicks. Why does it work so well in some categories and for others it doesn’t? Don’t even get me started on the most saturated categories only paying a fraction of what I have to pay. Maybe this category is bound to earn Fiverr less so they make up for it by charging the seller more. Which is kinda ridiculous.

• Like 5

Then one of them went OOO.

Hmm, could imply that they got too many orders to work off? I’m not sure. I hardly get anything from promoting my gig for some reason. Since yesterday it got 36 impressions, no clicks. Why does it work so well in some categories and for others it doesn’t? Don’t even get me started on the most saturated categories only paying a fraction of what I have to pay. Maybe this category is bound to earn Fiverr less so they make up for it by charging the seller more. Which is kinda ridiculous.

Hmm, could imply that they got too many orders to work off?

Yes, that seller had 15 orders and a shorter delivery time.

I just checked on that seller. The seller is now are on page 8, but has 8 orders. I was just thinking that having a lot of orders is good, but if you have to pay Fiverr a higher % for every order they place later on, then maybe I do not like that.

I also looked at the recent reviews of the seller. They mention the order being a bit late…

• Like 5

Hmm, could imply that they got too many orders to work off?

Yes, that seller had 15 orders and a shorter delivery time.

I just checked on that seller. The seller is now are on page 8, but has 8 orders. I was just thinking that having a lot of orders is good, but if you have to pay Fiverr a higher % for every order they place later on, then maybe I do not like that.

I also looked at the recent reviews of the seller. They mention the order being a bit late…

if you have to pay Fiverr a higher % for every order

I guess it depends on the profit you make overall through the promotion that you wouldn’t make without it. Then again, this isn’t supposed to happen at all, you’re not supposed to be charged for every order, especially not more than once on each client.

They mention the order being a bit late…

Yeah I initially thought the promotion was a good idea but then I realized that I still have 3 books to work on this week and don’t even really have time for additional orders. 😃

To me personally, the promotion feature is a two-edged sword, either it could potentially help you over slump periods or it can mess with you if you bite off more than you can chew and then you might get negative reviews because you can’t keep up.

• Like 6

I was also included in the paid gig promotion program and I have gotten one order through the system. I like the paid promotion feature it can help you get some orders if you’re experiencing a decline in sales 😉

1738983536_Screenshot_2020-09-08Fiverrkev250PromotedGigs.thumb.png.d1a2c8dbf1b241292116a2f30fc67616.png
Screenshot_2020-09-08 Fiverr kev250 Promoted Gigs1349×832 50.7 KB
  • Like 11

I was also included in the paid gig promotion program and I have gotten one order through the system. I like the paid promotion feature it can help you get some orders if you’re experiencing a decline in sales 😉

Screenshot_2020-09-08 Fiverr kev250 Promoted Gigs1349×832 50.7 KB

great man…Mine 3 clicks but didn’t got any order yet

• Like 6

I don’t understand how they are selecting people for this program. It feels random, they are choosing people with higher prices it seems, because seller seniority, sales volume and other stuff like that doesn’t seem to be a factor. I am still not a part of the system for some reason.

• Like 6

@donnovan86 I would not consider my gigs to be on the high end of my niche. They are more on the middle ground.

Also, at first I was given 3 options of gigs to promote. Yesterday, they added two more I could promote.

I use up my free 10 and quit, but after two of the orders closed more we’re taken from my balance. So I guess that answers @frank_d’s question.

• Like 6

From the dashboard , Click the question mark , bottom right corner, and choose promoted Services.

What Gigs Can Be Promoted?

The Promoted Gigs program is a great way to get your Gigs exposed in the marketplace and to drive more potential buyers to your services.

To ensure a quality ad experience for the buyers, only hand-vetted sellers who meet all our quality metrics can participate in this program.

We’ll evaluate your eligibility according to the following standards:

• You’re a Level 2 or Top Rated seller
  • At least one of your Gigs is in an eligible category
  • Your Gig scored 4.7 in public rating
  • Your Gig has at least 30 reviews
  • You meet additional quality metrics

Eligible categories we currently support for Promoted Gigs:

Graphic & Design

• Logo Design
  • Business Cards & Stationery
  • Illustration
  • Vector Tracking
  • Graphics For Streamers
  • Photoshop Editing
  • Social Media Design
  • Web & Mobile Design
  • Web Banners
  • T-Shirts & Merchandise
  • Architecture & Interior Design
  • Industrial & Product Design
  • Portraits & Caricatures
  • Cartoons & Comics

Digital Marketing

• Social Media Marketing
  • Video Marketing

Writing & Translation

• Proofreading & Editing
  • Articles & Blog Posts
  • Book & eBook Writing

Video & Animation

• Whiteboard & Animated Explainers
  • Short Video Ads
  • Video Editing
  • Character Animation

Music & Audio

• Voice Over

Programming & Tech

• WordPress
  • Website Builders & CMS
  • Web Programming
  • E-Commerce Development
  • Data Analysis & Reports
  • Mobile Apps

We’ll evaluate your eligibility according to the following standards:

• You’re a Level 2 or Top Rated seller
  • At least one of your Gigs is in an eligible category
  • Your Gig scored 4.7 in public rating
  • Your Gig has at least 30 reviews
  • You meet additional quality metrics

Do you meet all these requirements? Not sure what they mean with additional quality metrics.

• Like 5

No, just impressions.

Same here, though the impressions keep increasing which leads me to believe I am still highest bidder. Or perhaps I am not, I don’t know.

Edit: bid.png.6caf06a0649b98f8f3d377af598329d8.png

It appears you keep getting a few impressions eventhough you’re not the highest bidder but you will not get clicks it seems.

• Like 5

Same here, though the impressions keep increasing which leads me to believe I am still highest bidder. Or perhaps I am not, I don’t know.

Edit: bid

It appears you keep getting a few impressions eventhough you’re not the highest bidder but you will not get clicks it seems.

In the first days that i used it i keep following the numbers of clicks… when the clicks stopped i increase the BID value and the clicks come again. I reliazed that you will receive clicks just if you insert a big value, and the BID price just increase as time goes by. I’m not sure if is a good idea to use it, i stopped the promotion of my gig. I wanna promote another gig that don’t filled yet the requirements, i don’t know exactly how take maximum results from this feature

• Like 5

This evening, I got this from Fiverr CS.

123846886_ScreenShot2020-09-08at7_32_11PM.thumb.png.47fca255fd573479c41718221a2a458d.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 7.32.11 PM1485×507 71.8 KB

I cannot prove that what she says happened is what happened. But I find it odd that a buyer who came to my inbox three different times to ask for custom offers would have clicked on my promoted gig all three times.

• Like 10

This evening, I got this from Fiverr CS.

I cannot prove that what she says happened is what happened. But I find it odd that a buyer who came to my inbox three different times to ask for custom offers would have clicked on my promoted gig all three times.

Maybe they have your gig saved in their favourites and that’s how they access your “contact” button? Though I am really not sure why they would if they have an ongoing conversation with you already unless they keep forgetting your name 😃 .

If they are friendly, maybe you could ask your buyer what they clicked on in order to message you, then you’d have proof.

• Like 6

Maybe they have your gig saved in their favourites and that’s how they access your “contact” button? Though I am really not sure why they would if they have an ongoing conversation with you already unless they keep forgetting your name 😃 .

If they are friendly, maybe you could ask your buyer what they clicked on in order to message you, then you’d have proof.

Though I am really not sure why they would if they have an ongoing conversation with you already unless they keep forgetting your name 😃 .

That would explain it. But if all of my regulars and I have had some for years, access my profile that way, I do not want to pay for those clicks and orders.

• Like 7

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

in the category where one of my gig is allowed to be promoted, Fiverr suggest me starting bidding price = 0.11$. I placed at 0.70$ but it got few impressions.

Since i don’t see the ad anywhere on the platform, i don’t understand where Fiverr promote the gig. It looks like this is a beta test and Fiverr show ads randomly somewhere to somebody ( only they know ) , not truly buyers. They are testing how system works and how seller play with their bidding price.

• Like 8

in the category where one of my gig is allowed to be promoted, Fiverr suggest me starting bidding price = 0.11$. I placed at 0.70$ but it got few impressions.

Since i don’t see the ad anywhere on the platform, i don’t understand where Fiverr promote the gig. It looks like this is a beta test and Fiverr show ads randomly somewhere to somebody ( only they know ) , not truly buyers. They are testing how system works and how seller play with their bidding price.

Good question.

Can anyone post screenshot of the AD on the actual Fiverr main site?

I haven’t seen any, not one single GIG labeled AD and I searched incognito, public, logged in.

• Like 8