Paid promotion feature

janali

Does it actually mess with the ranking? Because as far as I understood these promoted gigs are placed separately in ads. It says somewhere in the seller help center that they “will find a good place for the ad”.

I think he means if his gig was already at the top before the promoted feature was added, other people will now be able to promote their gigs so that they will now be at the top spot, so his gig will now be shown lower down than other gigs, unless he pays to use gig promotion.

edit: Though his gig should still appear on the first page if it did before and just below the promoted gigs probably if it’s rank stays the same.

Also (nothing to do with that) there’s a mistake in the help page for promoted gigs where it says which categories can be promoted. It says:

• Logo Design
  • Business Cards & Stationery
  • Illustration
  • Vector Tracking
  • Like 5

I think he means if his gig was already at the top before the promoted feature was added, other people will now be able to promote their gigs so that they will now be at the top spot, so his gig will now be shown lower down than other gigs, unless he pays to use gig promotion.

edit: Though his gig should still appear on the first page if it did before and just below the promoted gigs probably if it’s rank stays the same.

Also (nothing to do with that) there’s a mistake in the help page for promoted gigs where it says which categories can be promoted. It says:

• Logo Design
  • Illustration
  • Vector Tracking

Promoting in logo category if you are not desperate is pure waste of money. I just went there and the first page is TRS Bonanaza:

image.thumb.jpg.6737b602bb209fe73afe81d544ab8953.jpg
image844×1278 433 KB

Second page

image.thumb.png.d3373ae6380b997ac0201359e1ba7a65.png
image1419×20 3.41 KB

Third page

image.thumb.png.c1012a810374c999b2857ac6ac0c0113.png
image1409×19 3.58 KB

Forth page

image.thumb.png.551504bdecb4c542d360a029e524875e.png
image1404×26 4.8 KB

Time to delete Logo GIGs, New sellers and Level one. :thinking:

EDIT: found two New sellers (no level) in the mix of TRS first five pages. Both joined in July 2020 and have 7 orders in queue, 9 and 14 delivered so far.

• Like 6

• Logo Design
  • Illustration
  • Vector Tracking

Though his gig should still appear on the first page if it did before and just below the promoted gigs probably if it’s rank stays the same.

That’s exactly what I was talking about. I don’t think the sponsored gigs will receive an extra spot in the rankings but separetly somewhere. Not sure where but I don’t think they will touch the search results but rather put those gigs somewhere you can see them if you click on the respective category for example. Or on the main page, I don’t know.

• Like 4

Though his gig should still appear on the first page if it did before and just below the promoted gigs probably if it’s rank stays the same.

That’s exactly what I was talking about. I don’t think the sponsored gigs will receive an extra spot in the rankings but separetly somewhere. Not sure where but I don’t think they will touch the search results but rather put those gigs somewhere you can see them if you click on the respective category for example. Or on the main page, I don’t know.

Though it says “Once your bid wins an ad spot, your Gig will appear at the top of the category pages or search results”. So it will now get seen above all the other organic ones. Even though it won’t interfere with the existing organic placement (so you could have your gig on page 1 in organic search and it could simultaneously be shown in the promoted section above it).

Though I’ve looked through different subcategories (the ones it mentions) and haven’t seen any promoted gigs yet. Maybe they don’t think I’m the right buyer to see them yet.

• Like 5

Not sure where but I don’t think they will touch the search results

Logos are my main service and I check them every day. Never in the last 6 month has Logo design section had first three pages filled with TRS. Maybe 5-10 max, but never all over the pages.

Today is the first day I am even seeing some of the TRS, they used to be on page 10-20.

• Like 4

Logos are my main service and I check them every day. Never in the last 6 month has Logo design section had first three pages filled with TRS. Maybe 5-10 max, but never all over the pages.

Today is the first day I am even seeing some of the TRS, they used to be on page 10-20.

Hmm in 6 months I suppose it couldn’t be a matter of rotation either, right?

• Like 6

Promoting in logo category if you are not desperate is pure waste of money. I just went there and the first page is TRS Bonanaza:

Second page

Third page

Forth page

Time to delete Logo GIGs, New sellers and Level one. :thinking:

EDIT: found two New sellers (no level) in the mix of TRS first five pages. Both joined in July 2020 and have 7 orders in queue, 9 and 14 delivered so far.

You can check this feature by searching the different keywords for Logo. By doing this maybe you can see any ad.

• Like 5

I found it in the seller help center:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/promoted-gigs

Pay with your Fiverr Balance

No upfront payments. Instead, your Fiverr Balance will be charged retroactively each month for your ads’ activity of the previous month.

So next month you can use the $10 promo to get the amount deducted from your monthly bill.

I found it in the seller help center:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/promoted-gigs

Pay with your Fiverr Balance

No upfront payments. Instead, your Fiverr Balance will be charged retroactively each month for your ads’ activity of the previous month.

So next month you can use the $10 promo to get the amount deducted from your monthly bill.

There you go. The $10 will most likely be available next month when they deduct the costs from your balance.

• Like 7

I’m seeing this on the 1st page of logo design.

1145767968_screenshot2.thumb.jpg.bc1677c36e26a5cff71767c12023db67.jpg
screenshot 21366×768 256 KB

Not sure why so many TRS on there…

• Like 5

I see the same thing for her category as she is saying.

And you see exactly the same as I am seeing in my category (logo).

A whole lot of TRS.

So we are not seeing differently.

Yes we’re seeing the same amount of TRS on first page but the gigs are different.

• Like 5

I hope you’re right and I do hope that they won’t interfere with the search results as that will be a disaster.

• Like 7

I tried the gig promotion and I got the following results.

1056896733_ScreenShot2020-09-07at6_26_01PM.thumb.png.5b51ca5137a35c4a576ece885187702e.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 6.26.01 PM2824×503 69.1 KB

I did get 2 or 3 buyers that have returned to my inbox to ask for custom offers. However, Fiverr charged me the $.28 fee for each of those orders too. So, it appears that if you get a buyer through the promo, that you pay Fiverr the fee for every gig the buyer orders after that.

All of the orders were ten dollar orders, which I usually would pay the standard 20% to Fiverr. However, I am now being charged the 20% plus the $.28 fee per order. That means I am paying 23% to Fiverr on a $10 order instead of only 20%.

I even had one buyer order three ten dollar orders that cost me an additional $.84 total for the three orders, where if the buyer had placed one 30 order, I would have only paid .28.

In summary, the promo is better if the buyer places larger orders and not smaller orders. Plus, expect to give Fiverr the price you bid on every order placed by a seller who found you through the promotion.

• Like 14

I tried the gig promotion and I got the following results.

I did get 2 or 3 buyers that have returned to my inbox to ask for custom offers. However, Fiverr charged me the $.28 fee for each of those orders too. So, it appears that if you get a buyer through the promo, that you pay Fiverr the fee for every gig the buyer orders after that.

All of the orders were ten dollar orders, which I usually would pay the standard 20% to Fiverr. However, I am now being charged the 20% plus the $.28 fee per order. That means I am paying 23% to Fiverr on a $10 order instead of only 20%.

I even had one buyer order three ten dollar orders that cost me an additional $.84 total for the three orders, where if the buyer had placed one 30 order, I would have only paid .28.

In summary, the promo is better if the buyer places larger orders and not smaller orders. Plus, expect to give Fiverr the price you bid on every order placed by a seller who found you through the promotion.

Would you say it’s worth it? Based on your experience, seems a waste of money especially if we have lower price gigs.

• Like 6