Paid promotion feature

janali

I got this feature too and tried to turn it on. But i didn’t get the $10 bonus and after 6 hours, nothing happens. No impression, no click blah blah ( even if i increase bid price ).
I also check on categories and didn’t see any kind of sponsored gigs. Just wonder where did Fiverr promote our gigs ???

• Like 5

I found it in the seller help center:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/promoted-gigs

Pay with your Fiverr Balance

No upfront payments. Instead, your Fiverr Balance will be charged retroactively each month for your ads’ activity of the previous month.

So next month you can use the $10 promo to get the amount deducted from your monthly bill.

There you go. The $10 will most likely be available next month when they deduct the costs from your balance.

293014_2.png janali:

I found it in the seller help center:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/promoted-gigs

Pay with your Fiverr Balance

No upfront payments. Instead, your Fiverr Balance will be charged retroactively each month for your ads’ activity of the previous month.

So next month you can use the $10 promo to get the amount deducted from your monthly bill.

There you go. The $10 will most likely be available next month when they deduct the costs from your balance.

It’s retroactive.

I don’t know where to find the ads either but if you don’t get any impressions, you need to increase the amount you bid, because someone is bidding more than you so they are getting the ad spot.

• Like 6

I tried the gig promotion and I got the following results.

I did get 2 or 3 buyers that have returned to my inbox to ask for custom offers. However, Fiverr charged me the $.28 fee for each of those orders too. So, it appears that if you get a buyer through the promo, that you pay Fiverr the fee for every gig the buyer orders after that.

All of the orders were ten dollar orders, which I usually would pay the standard 20% to Fiverr. However, I am now being charged the 20% plus the $.28 fee per order. That means I am paying 23% to Fiverr on a $10 order instead of only 20%.

I even had one buyer order three ten dollar orders that cost me an additional $.84 total for the three orders, where if the buyer had placed one 30 order, I would have only paid .28.

In summary, the promo is better if the buyer places larger orders and not smaller orders. Plus, expect to give Fiverr the price you bid on every order placed by a seller who found you through the promotion.

$.28 fee for each of those orders too

The bidding fee should only apply on clicks though which don’t necessarily all convert into orders. They shouldn’t apply to orders at all. Are you sure you didn’t have someone click on the ad the moment your returning buyer made a request? I know that’s difficult to say but I don’t think it’s how it’s supposed to work.

• Like 6

CPC is Cost Per Click on promoted Gig imo. Not Cost Per Conversion.

Fiverr earns much more with Cost Per Click of course. The Paid promotion feature is further money stream for Fiverr.

It makes perfect sense, there are so many Sellers in place who want to be visible. So why not ask them to pay to be visible…

• Like 9

I got this feature too and tried to turn it on. But i didn’t get the $10 bonus and after 6 hours, nothing happens. No impression, no click blah blah ( even if i increase bid price ).

I also check on categories and didn’t see any kind of sponsored gigs. Just wonder where did Fiverr promote our gigs ???

Same problem with me didn’t get the $10 bonus and almost 12 hours past now since I promoted the gig but nothing happens.

• Like 5

CPC is Cost Per Click on promoted Gig imo. Not Cost Per Conversion.

Fiverr earns much more with Cost Per Click of course. The Paid promotion feature is further money stream for Fiverr.

It makes perfect sense, there are so many Sellers in place who want to be visible. So why not ask them to pay to be visible…

Now everything makes sense why Google AdWords campaigns are banned for Fiverr.

• Like 6

Now everything makes sense why Google AdWords campaigns are banned for Fiverr.

Welcome back. 😉

Yeah, that´s strict ToS. Sellers may not promote their Gigs or any Fiverr content via the Google Ads platform.

But all alternatives like Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads,…seem to be ok.

• Like 6

Welcome back. 😉

Yeah, that´s strict ToS. Sellers may not promote their Gigs or any Fiverr content via the Google Ads platform.

But all alternatives like Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads,…seem to be ok.

Thank you! - Yes - I needed a 2-3 month break from the forum 😉

I used the time well.

Especially for the creation of landing pages including Google Adwords campaigns. So I am not only more dependent on Fiverr. The website is too risky for me.

Edit: Another advantage:

I did not receive a single spam message.

“Sir do you have work?”

Nothing at all.

• Like 10

Why my comment is banned where i asked why my gig is not eligible for this?

It looks like you linked to your gig, which is only allowed in certain sections of the forum. Linking to your gig anywhere else is seen as spam. Someone has clearly noticed this, and flagged your post.

Also, all the information about eligibility is available and public - you just need to go and read it for yourself, so no need to link your gig here.

[image] Sometimes even top-rated sellers with excellent reviews need a little assistance getting their Gig in front of new buyers. Why? Because there’s tons of amazing talent to be discovered on Fiverr. But today we’re launching a simple way to help your Gig stand out from the rest, introducing Promoted Gigs. Promoted Gigs provides talented and experienced freelancers on Fiver the opportunity to grow and expand their business with only a few clicks. With Promoted Gigs, high-quality freelancer…

1920x1008-1-1536x806.thumb.jpg.96bf4ff7826b80cbf89566f2a24b91be.jpg

• Like 9

It looks like you linked to your gig, which is only allowed in certain sections of the forum. Linking to your gig anywhere else is seen as spam. Someone has clearly noticed this, and flagged your post.

Also, all the information about eligibility is available and public - you just need to go and read it for yourself, so no need to link your gig here.

[image] Sometimes even top-rated sellers with excellent reviews need a little assistance getting their Gig in front of new buyers. Why? Because there’s tons of amazing talent to be discovered on Fiverr. But today we’re launching a simple way to help your Gig stand out from the rest, introducing Promoted Gigs. Promoted Gigs provides talented and experienced freelancers on Fiver the opportunity to grow and expand their business with only a few clicks. With Promoted Gigs, high-quality freelancer…

Ohh thankyou i didnt knew that , yes i added my link but still my question is there, why i am not eligible for this?

Also what comes under their quality metrics? I have all 5 start more than 30 and all

• Like 5

Ohh thankyou i didnt knew that , yes i added my link but still my question is there, why i am not eligible for this?

Also what comes under their quality metrics? I have all 5 start more than 30 and all

Like I said, all of that information is public and available to you. Have a read through the link I sent you.

• Like 9

Hey Frank, I liked your profile picture. Is it done with adobe? If yes, Can you provide me the link of this background? 😉

It’s a portrait, shot in a studio by a professional photographer.

The background is colored that way from gel lights hitting the wall at the time the pic was snapped.

It’s not photoshopped.

• Like 8

It’s a portrait, shot in a studio by a professional photographer.

The background is colored that way from gel lights hitting the wall at the time the pic was snapped.

It’s not photoshopped.

It’s time to play with photoshop. I let you know. Maybe I can do that without any pp. Thanks, Frank 😁

• Like 6

It’s time to play with photoshop. I let you know. Maybe I can do that without any pp. Thanks, Frank 😁

Please don’t let me know.

Like I said this isn’t something you can achieve via editing.

You are not even listening to the answer.

And don’t call me buddy.

• Like 11

$.28 fee for each of those orders too

The bidding fee should only apply on clicks though which don’t necessarily all convert into orders. They shouldn’t apply to orders at all. Are you sure you didn’t have someone click on the ad the moment your returning buyer made a request? I know that’s difficult to say but I don’t think it’s how it’s supposed to work.

Are you sure you didn’t have someone click on the ad the moment your returning buyer made a request? I know that’s difficult to say but I don’t think it’s how it’s supposed to work.

The buyer returned 2 times after the initial gig. I doubt that was a" click on the ad the moment your returning buyer made a request." At any rate I have written to CS about it and I will find out if it is true that we are charged for each order after the first one.

• Like 7

@vickiespencer did the revenue appear on your dashboard as soon as an order was placed, or after it was successfully closed out?

@vickiespencer did the revenue appear on your dashboard as soon as an order was placed, or after it was successfully closed out?

I think it appeared after the order was closed out.

It’s not photoshopped.

My husband has his master’s degree in photography. It is nice to know some photographers are doing things the old way instead of only using photoshop.

• Like 6

Are you sure you didn’t have someone click on the ad the moment your returning buyer made a request? I know that’s difficult to say but I don’t think it’s how it’s supposed to work.

The buyer returned 2 times after the initial gig. I doubt that was a" click on the ad the moment your returning buyer made a request." At any rate I have written to CS about it and I will find out if it is true that we are charged for each order after the first one.

Please let us know if you received a response, I’m curious to hear what they’ll say! 🙂

• Like 8