Paid promotion feature

janali

I have it. 😶

I tried it. 😐

I got a few orders and ended up paying Fiverr 23% for each sale instead of 20%. :roll_eyes:

I turned it off. 🙁

but are you sure your orders came from the ad ?

This is not the first time Fiverr test their gig promotio feature. They did it few years ago. At that time, i was also chosen to be one of tester. I placed the bid,i saw my gig on first page randomly ( with ad sign ), got impression and also got few orders. It seems to works well but then Fiverr stop testing. Now, after few years, they bring it back but it’s now weird. A promotion without seeing ad lol

• Like 6

This is not the first time Fiverr test their gig promotio feature. They did it few years ago. At that time, i was also chosen to be one of tester. I placed the bid,i saw my gig on first page randomly ( with ad sign ), got impression and also got few orders. It seems to works well but then Fiverr stop testing. Now, after few years, they bring it back but it’s now weird. A promotion without seeing ad lol

No, I am not. I did not expect to see an ad. I just thought Fiverr moved the gig up in the placement on the search pages. I noticed right away that there were some sellers on the top lines I had never seen there before and they had 8 to 14 orders, so I assume they were promoted. The one with 14 went OOO for a bit but now she is back.

• Like 5

No, I am not. I did not expect to see an ad. I just thought Fiverr moved the gig up in the placement on the search pages. I noticed right away that there were some sellers on the top lines I had never seen there before and they had 8 to 14 orders, so I assume they were promoted. The one with 14 went OOO for a bit but now she is back.

i think you are right. However if we compete by increasing more and more price to win the bid then all of us are loser. Only Fiverr is the winner. They get high profit and we can’t stop pay more to see our gig on first page in a very short time.

• Like 9

It seems “everyone” is promoting but no one sees the AD icon anywhere.

I don’t know if this is just a visual help for the video or actually how it is supposed to look like but in the seller help video about the feature, it shows a “promoted” sign when hovering over a gig.

626473886_gigpromo.thumb.jpg.bfe218e48999935576b6b9b7afc15a09.jpg
gig promo1348×960 145 KB
  • Like 5

I don’t know if this is just a visual help for the video or actually how it is supposed to look like but in the seller help video about the feature, it shows a “promoted” sign when hovering over a gig.

Maybe it’s supposed to show either “AD” or “Promoted” but it actually doesn’t show either and just shows it like a normal gig. The help page should really say whether it’s supposed to be “AD” or “Promoted” though.

• Like 4

Maybe it’s supposed to show either “AD” or “Promoted” but it actually doesn’t show either and just shows it like a normal gig. The help page should really say whether it’s supposed to be “AD” or “Promoted” though.

I think we are actually not supposed to see it at all, nobody is supposed to see that any gigs are actually promoted. In the video they say “Show your gig where it should be - at the top” or something along the lines and then there’s a visual showing the gig move kinda up towards the top row of the search.

I just stopped promoting, my gig moved to the second row, then I started promoting again, bidding $0,80 instead of the recommended 0,72 and now my gig is in the third place in the top row. So… To me it looks like @marinapomorac was right and the top rows of the search might only contain the highest bidding sellers.

• Like 6

I think we are actually not supposed to see it at all, nobody is supposed to see that any gigs are actually promoted. In the video they say “Show your gig where it should be - at the top” or something along the lines and then there’s a visual showing the gig move kinda up towards the top row of the search.

I just stopped promoting, my gig moved to the second row, then I started promoting again, bidding $0,80 instead of the recommended 0,72 and now my gig is in the third place in the top row. So… To me it looks like @marinapomorac was right and the top rows of the search might only contain the highest bidding sellers.

I’ll take an educated guess and suggest that sellers especially are not supposed to see which gigs are promoted because some sellers might use that as an opportunity to click on their competitor’s gigs a lot of times in an attempt to financially ruin their competition.

• Like 6

I think we are actually not supposed to see it at all,

If that’s true the help page is very misleading by saying it should show “AD” or “Promoted”.

And it’s sort of misleading to buyers too if they don’t know a particular gig in the search is actually there because it’s a promoted one (Google purposely show normal results and promoted ones separately). I wonder if there’s some legal/ethical reason for it. eg. like the paid reviews isn’t allowed but now gigs can be paid to be at the top of some search results but if it’s without the buyer knowing it’s promoted it’s not really ethical. They should be shown that really.

• Like 4

I’ll take an educated guess and suggest that sellers especially are not supposed to see which gigs are promoted because some sellers might use that as an opportunity to click on their competitor’s gigs a lot of times in an attempt to financially ruin their competition.

…that sellers especially are not supposed to see which gigs are promoted because some sellers might use that as an opportunity to click on their competitor’s gigs

But they could just make it exclude clicks from sellers from the revenue thing (so sellers won’t get charged if another seller clicks on their ads, only if a buyer-only does). Maybe they think people might create multiple accounts but that’s probably a lot harder now with their detection and verification.

• Like 4

…that sellers especially are not supposed to see which gigs are promoted because some sellers might use that as an opportunity to click on their competitor’s gigs

But they could just make it exclude clicks from sellers from the revenue thing (so sellers won’t get charged if another seller clicks on their ads, only if a buyer-only does). Maybe they think people might create multiple accounts but that’s probably a lot harder now with their detection and verification.

What about resellers though? Fiverr would lose out on a lot of money if seller’s clicks didn’t count.

Eitherway, I found this part of the article:

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/where-will-my-ad-appear-and-who-can-see-it

Which in theory should answer the question but I haven’t seen one single gig so far showing this ad badge. Maybe they only introduce it when the feature is actually implemented at a later point in time.

• Like 5

What about resellers though? Fiverr would lose out on a lot of money if seller’s clicks didn’t count.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/where-will-my-ad-appear-and-who-can-see-it

Which in theory should answer the question but I haven’t seen one single gig so far showing this ad badge. Maybe they only introduce it when the feature is actually implemented at a later point in time.

There is a bit of code in the gig page that says as some sort of tootip

“This Gig is being advertised by the seller. Only top-quality Gigs can be advertised” and the caption for it is “AD” but maybe it only gets shown under certain circumstances or maybe I haven’t see one that is being promoted.

• Like 4

I got very excited for this. But only to be let down by the fact that my category is not even supported.

What’s the logic behind that anyways? I understand that maybe during the testing it could be good to have it only available in specific categories to have it’s performance better monitored. But why exclude some categories when it’s live?

Unless I misunderstood and the link someone provided was giving information about the “beta” testing only.

• Like 4

Maybe this feature in the beta now

• Like 4

Maybe only specific buyers see the ads? Perhaps @gina_riley2 could have a look around? I think she’s a frequent buyer.

Maybe only specific buyers see the ads?

In the information link someone provided, it said only specific people can see the ad. So probably other sellers aren’t eligible to view them, which would be good in my opinion.

This new ad system might be the reason all top rated gigs have vanished from first page in all categories I checked, and even when sorting by best selling they’re not there. So basically sort by new, recommended or best selling gives the exact same results haha (Only gigs with a couple of reviews).

So most likely they don’t want any natural visibility for big gigs, and want sellers to pay to get orders.

• Like 6

Maybe only specific buyers see the ads?

In the information link someone provided, it said only specific people can see the ad. So probably other sellers aren’t eligible to view them, which would be good in my opinion.

This new ad system might be the reason all top rated gigs have vanished from first page in all categories I checked, and even when sorting by best selling they’re not there. So basically sort by new, recommended or best selling gives the exact same results haha (Only gigs with a couple of reviews).

So most likely they don’t want any natural visibility for big gigs, and want sellers to pay to get orders.

and even when sorting by best selling they’re not there

That’s odd because those Top Rated sellers as well as Level 2 sellers are the only ones able to use the promotion feature and @marinapomorac wrote in a post before that her category only shows those sellers on top. In my category it’s quite the mix of different levels.

• Like 8

to be very honest this update is kind of bad for us new sellers,Level 2 sellers already get orders and same with top rated sellers making this even harder for new sellers to sell there gig.

Maybe this is intentional to stop more and more new sellers flocking to Fiverr? After all, there are a lot more sellers than buyers.

To be fair, it’s also giving Level 2 sellers a hard time because those who are at the top of the search are there because they worked hard for it, now they also need to pay hard to stay on top while other sellers can just buy their way up.

• Like 8

Maybe this is intentional to stop more and more new sellers flocking to Fiverr? After all, there are a lot more sellers than buyers.

To be fair, it’s also giving Level 2 sellers a hard time because those who are at the top of the search are there because they worked hard for it, now they also need to pay hard to stay on top while other sellers can just buy their way up.

if level 2 sellers only have the option for promoting there gigs how is that going to give a hard time?

• Like 5