Paid promotion feature

janali

I just received a notification saying I was chosen to test the paid promotion feature with $10 off.
I think a lot of people might be interested in this feature so I might keep this updated to see how it works. Though I’m not 100% sure how much I am actually allowed to share regarding this feature.

Quickly about me in case this matters:
I’m Level 2, more or less close to meeting the requirements for a top rated seller.
They auto-selected my best selling gig as the one to be promoted.

As far as I can see, you need to bid against all the other eligible sellers in your category to “win” the ad-sponsored spot:

“A bid is a maximum amount you’d be willing to pay per click on your ad. The higher the bid, the higher the chances to win your ad spot. However, you’ll pay just the minimum to win over other bids. You can adjust your bid from your Promoted Gigs dashboard later.”

They also set a “recommended amount” per day for you. For me it’s $0.66 per day based on my category it seems. This would probably mean that sellers in smaller niches would be rewarded by lower fees while oversaturated categories would probably cost more since more sellers would be able to bid.

• Like 105

I just received a notification saying I was chosen to test the paid promotion feature with $10 off.

I think a lot of people might be interested in this feature so I might keep this updated to see how it works. Though I’m not 100% sure how much I am actually allowed to share regarding this feature.

Quickly about me in case this matters:

I’m Level 2, more or less close to meeting the requirements for a top rated seller.

They auto-selected my best selling gig as the one to be promoted.

As far as I can see, you need to bid against all the other eligible sellers in your category to “win” the ad-sponsored spot:

“A bid is a maximum amount you’d be willing to pay per click on your ad. The higher the bid, the higher the chances to win your ad spot. However, you’ll pay just the minimum to win over other bids. You can adjust your bid from your Promoted Gigs dashboard later.”

They also set a “recommended amount” per day for you. For me it’s $0.66 per day based on my category it seems. This would probably mean that sellers in smaller niches would be rewarded by lower fees while oversaturated categories would probably cost more since more sellers would be able to bid.

We got access to it today also, albeit only for some of our gigs. I’ve signed up one, so we’ll see how it goes. We also didn’t get our $10 ‘gift’ - I clicked the link for it, but nothing was applied to our account. Maybe a glitch in the matrix. I’m not going to lose sleep over it, but annoying.

They also set a “recommended amount” per day for you. For me it’s $0.66 per day based on my category it seems.

Just be careful with this - my understanding is that the recommended amount is your bid amount, not your daily spend. My recommended bid for example is $0.34, and my daily cap is $5. So I can ‘afford’ about 15 clicks per day, which is the amount I’m willing to test with, until I see if this generates results.

1275698744_Screenshot2020-09-07at11_18_09.thumb.png.f910c94e47e6d198954ad86392ec8844.png
Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 11.18.091436×632 18.9 KB
  • Like 18

We got access to it today also, albeit only for some of our gigs. I’ve signed up one, so we’ll see how it goes. We also didn’t get our $10 ‘gift’ - I clicked the link for it, but nothing was applied to our account. Maybe a glitch in the matrix. I’m not going to lose sleep over it, but annoying.

They also set a “recommended amount” per day for you. For me it’s $0.66 per day based on my category it seems.

Just be careful with this - my understanding is that the recommended amount is your bid amount, not your daily spend. My recommended bid for example is $0.34, and my daily cap is $5. So I can ‘afford’ about 15 clicks per day, which is the amount I’m willing to test with, until I see if this generates results.

Yeah I don’t think I received the $10 off either, but maybe that’s because I picked $5 as a cap? So technically after 2 days with 16 clicks in total I would have spent $10 on ads. Perhaps that’s when the code can be activated.

But if we bid on an advertised spot, the $0.66 should only start applying when we actually do get the sponsored spot right?

• Like 9

Yeah I don’t think I received the $10 off either, but maybe that’s because I picked $5 as a cap? So technically after 2 days with 16 clicks in total I would have spent $10 on ads. Perhaps that’s when the code can be activated.

But if we bid on an advertised spot, the $0.66 should only start applying when we actually do get the sponsored spot right?

Yes, that’s my understanding. You only pay if someone clicks on your ad, not when your ad appears in the top spot. Only clicks count.

Good luck with it, I’ll be interested to see what your results are like!

• Like 11

Please try to clicking “manage payment”, Maybe there will be some option about “gift balance”?

There it just lets me put in my credit card information and says my balance is the primary payment method.

But yeah I think this has to do with the fact that I am only bidding now, I didn’t actually get the sponsored spot yet.

• Like 9

There it just lets me put in my credit card information and says my balance is the primary payment method.

But yeah I think this has to do with the fact that I am only bidding now, I didn’t actually get the sponsored spot yet.

Anyway, would be much more appreciative if you will keep us update on this matter. Thank you 😊

• Like 10

Fiverr is down for me, immediately after I got the email as well.

Seems like the website is crashing due to all the sellers bidding?

Meanwhile:

A) I need to deliver a rush order

B) the favicon for the 404 page uses the old Fiverr color and my OCD kicked in.

It does seem like the feature makes the site unstable somehow, every now and then it works, then it’s down again. It works for me if I just stay away from the promoted gig page and my analytics.

I noticed the 404 page looked odd but I couldn’t tell if it was an old or new version 😃

• Like 9

Fiverr is down for me, immediately after I got the email as well.

Seems like the website is crashing due to all the sellers bidding?

Meanwhile:

A) I need to deliver a rush order

B) the favicon for the 404 page uses the old Fiverr color and my OCD kicked in.

It’s working for me. Maybe will try with another browser?

• Like 9

It does seem like the feature makes the site unstable somehow, every now and then it works, then it’s down again. It works for me if I just stay away from the promoted gig page and my analytics.

I noticed the 404 page looked odd but I couldn’t tell if it was an old or new version 😃

oh here we are. it’s really promo, I’ve checked email now

screen.png.affd0efd899515828e52a984031dca69.png
screen548×640 14.3 KB
  • Like 10