Paid promotion feature

janali

I personally won’t move a finger for what turns out to be 2.85€ on my bank account later.

Nope, not me either!

Good! 😃

Thinking about it a bit further, let’s talk prices for a moment.

I need approximately 15 minutes to complete a $5 order.

That means I could theoretically finish 4 orders a $20 within 1 hour leaving me with a theoretical hourly pay of $16. If all these would have been promoted orders, the total profit with fees deducted would be $13,36 (11,41€) out of $20 order value. So if I wanted to make up for the fiverr fees, I would need to almost double the amount of 5 Dollar orders I can finish within one hour.

With 8 orders per hour i would get $26 per hour. Then, I think this might be a reasonable investment. If you were to take 60 minutes to complete a $5 order, the promotion feature is hardly feasible. Though that’s subjective and depends on what any seller wants to earn per hour.

That is, of course, if every paid click converts into a 5 Dollar order and doesn’t take any gig extras into account which is probably why Fiverr keeps trying to encourage sellers to upsell their gigs.

• Like 7

Good! 😃

That means I could theoretically finish 4 orders a $20 within 1 hour leaving me with a theoretical hourly pay of $16. If all these would have been promoted orders, the total profit with fees deducted would be $13,36 (11,41€) out of $20 order value. So if I wanted to make up for the fiverr fees, I would need to almost double the amount of 5 Dollar orders I can finish within one hour.

With 8 orders per hour i would get $26 per hour. Then, I think this might be a reasonable investment. If you were to take 60 minutes to complete a $5 order, the promotion feature is hardly feasible. Though that’s subjective and depends on what any seller wants to earn per hour.

That is, of course, if every paid click converts into a 5 Dollar order and doesn’t take any gig extras into account which is probably why Fiverr keeps trying to encourage sellers to upsell their gigs.

I decreased the BID amount and received a new order, i just received two orders and this two orders the buyer bought without contact me before to purchase.

So i think that’s can be a trend of buyers that bought without contact the seller, so maybe this can be an problem for some sellers. The feature help to get new orders but you need be careful of how much are you paying for each click.

I decreased the velue, because i don’t agree to pay the recommendation of 0.50 in my GIG… is very expensive!

• Like 5

Good! 😃

That is what I base my prices on too!

• Like 5

promotion of gigs doesn’t always imply profits or higher traffic?

That was my experience. I got more orders when I did not promote than when I did, plus I lost money on the clicks. Another issue is that your competition could click on your gig, only to make you waste your promotion 💵.

That’s very interesting

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Our original impressions are going down so that we can get traffic by “promoting” (aka paying) for the traffic of our own gigs (

That was pretty much my experience too. It took a week or so to get back to normal once I stopped promoting.

Using this feature i just realized some things:

• Clients that bought without contact you (even if you describe it in your gig)
  • Clients that click on your gig thinking that you create something that you don’t work on.
  • I getted just 1 order per month, is crazy
  • As reporterd by other people above, i also faced a falling in the organic results after using it
  • The cost per click is really expensive, and just will increase

I stoped the promotion, so i hope that my organic results comeback, this paid promotion just brought me random clients that don’t purchase.

• Like 11

paid promotion cpc is just increasing & increasing. I’ve spend more on it then I’ve made from it.

I’ve numbers like 100 clicks & 2 orders. That’s surprising. Also, these two orders came within first 15 clicks.

Keep your reviews & experiences coming everyone.

• Like 8

Okay guys, so I’ve been testing the new “Promotion” feature this past week. The promotion didn’t start until I placed a bid equal to the recommended pay per click, so I didn’t get any traffic for a week, but once I updated my bid…I received 8 clicks for 2$! And the funny thing is that the original impressions on my gig went down by 100% which is crazy, as I’ve been getting the same results for the last 3 months.

My experience: The promotion didn’t start until I placed a higher bid. For 2$ I got only 8 clicks and the original impressions on the same gig went down by 100% since I received the “Promote your gig” notification.

My thoughts - Our original impressions are going down so that we can get traffic by “promoting” (aka paying) for the traffic of our own gigs (like the 20% commission isn’t high enough). My gig had the “Fiverr’s choice” badge and was always at the top of the first page, I’ve been constantly getting 200-300 clicks a week for the past 3-4 months, the past 7 days (since I started “promoting”) I got only 100 natural clicks, impressions are 100% less as well and I spent 2$ on 8 clicks via the “Promotion” panel.

I’m a bit disappointed and I hope that this feature won’t stick. The only people who’ll lose from this are literary the best sellers that earned their spot on the first page by being hard workers offering a great quality service.

My question - Can someone tell me why I should spent 10$ for 32 clicks? I was getting 300 natural clicks a week by being a good seller that provides a quality service, now my impressions and my clicks are 100% down, so that I can pay 10$ for 32 clicks :rofl:

Also, how is this good for Fiverr? I received only 1 order on the “Fiverr’s choice” gig that I started promoting and the order I got wasn’t due to the promotion. I was getting x2 impressions and x2 clicks, with around 3-4 orders a week before the Promotion thing started so the platform lost approximately 100$ from the 20% cut and made 2$ from me promoting my gig. Good job, Fiverr!

I’d been wondering whether the reported drop of “regular impressions” (by 100% for you, even) was real or some analytics bug, seeing how my conversion rate is stuck at 0.0% ever since the analytics are back (or are they, not sure if really all analytic stuff is back to normal yet). Since you say you didn’t get traffic for a week, it might be real, though, however, with “gig rotation” and everything, it’s so hard to tell, could be this, could be that …

My category got the promotion option now too, but I’m wary of trying it out, having followed this thread… especially since I can’t promote the one of my three gigs I’d like to promote … I’ll wait until I’m not busy in any case, I guess, and on the other hand also not busy enough to be able to work on other stuff elsewhere, just in case “organic impressions” will come to a halt by using the promo feature and the promo won’t work satisfyingly either. This seems so opaque currently.

• Like 7

To be honest the feature is great… at least this is my opinion

Is that the revenue before Fiverr’s 20% and the $139,36 spent on ads?

Can you say how your “regular impressions” and inquiries/orders compare to the period in which you got those 17 orders? More, less, same as before using ads? Or, in other words, did you get those 17 orders on top of the orders, and impressions, clicks, you’d usually have gotten anyway, or more instead of, which is happening to some people, if I read posts right?

And yes, thanks for sharing, everyone.

• Like 7

I think the promotion may be better for sellers who have a higher average order. If I had 17 orders I would have brought in about $475, paid Fiver $95 for their commission, and my income would be $380. But then of the $380, I would have had to pay Fiverr about $140. So, my revenue would be $240 for 17 jobs for an average of $14 income per gig.

So, No, thank you to the paid promotion. Now if I made more on my average order, I would consider it.

• Like 6

So how was your results with your test?

Not particularly good, I didn’t actually get any clicks on the ad so I can’t tell how much profit I would have made but I noticed that whenever I turned on the promotion, my impressions, clicks and requests went down drastically and wouldn’t increase anymore until I turned off the feature again. So my personal experience is similar to what others have described here already. But I’m not sure how Fiverr actually thought this was going to work. This surely can’t have been the idea behind the promotion feature. At least I wouldn’t hope so.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

A week ago, I was given the option to use this feature, everything was working fine, but like past 2-3 days ago, all of the gigs were marked to “pending” instead of “promoted”.

And it’s still like that. Anyone else has this issue?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.45.05 PM

Is it still as “Pending” until now? stateI marked as “Pending” but now it is “Promoting” but no impression from a month ago

• Like 4

Is it still as “Pending” until now? stateI marked as “Pending” but now it is “Promoting” but no impression from a month ago

The same problem for me because I was Pending and now Promoting with no impression

• Like 6

Please open a ticket with the CS now according this problem because I have opened one and I’m waiting them until now to they know this a general problem.

• Like 5