Paid promotion feature

janali

A week ago, I was given the option to use this feature, everything was working fine, but like past 2-3 days ago, all of the gigs were marked to “pending” instead of “promoted”.

And it’s still like that. Anyone else has this issue?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.45.05 PM

but like past 2-3 days ago, all of the gigs were marked to “pending” instead of “promoted”.

Did you get any orders with your promoted gigs before 3 days ago? Because I was thinking that some of your buyers may have said something in the Fiverr secret review that made Fiverr want to give your gigs a second look. :thinking:

• Like 4

but like past 2-3 days ago, all of the gigs were marked to “pending” instead of “promoted”.

Did you get any orders with your promoted gigs before 3 days ago? Because I was thinking that some of your buyers may have said something in the Fiverr secret review that made Fiverr want to give your gigs a second look. :thinking:

Nope. Barely got any clicks and impressions. Maybe this is the reason why it’s in pending state now. But why it was promoted earlier. My main gig is on the first page and i am normally getting orders. So how it doesn’t meet the quality.

One thing I want to ask is will promoting the gig change the organic sales and impressions? Suppose if i stop the promotion, what will happen then?

• Like 4

I just got 1 order today.

• Like 4

I found this working for m

@gaganjaidka

Something to think about. ⬇️

When we sell a gig on Fiverr we give Fiverr 20% of the profit. So you would typically make $32 on $40 worth of sales. But you paid Fiverr $4.14 to get your $40 sale. Therefore, you gave Fiverr, about 30% commission for the sale you got.

• Like 3

@gaganjaidka

Something to think about. ⬇️

When we sell a gig on Fiverr we give Fiverr 20% of the profit. So you would typically make $32 on $40 worth of sales. But you paid Fiverr $4.14 to get your $40 sale. Therefore, you gave Fiverr, about 30% commission for the sale you got.

I am just using the bonus amount brotha. We cannon shift that to our personal balance. That’s why that CASH is useless. Better to use it.

and Yes Fiverr only got 20% from my 40usd order 😉

• Like 5

I am just using the bonus amount brotha. We cannon shift that to our personal balance. That’s why that CASH is useless. Better to use it.

and Yes Fiverr only got 20% from my 40usd order 😉

Fiverr only got 20% from my 40usd order 😉

I know that you used the “free” money Fiverr gave you. But if you were actually paying for the Promotion Feature Fiverr would have paid Fiverr 30%. So, are you going to continue the promotion when you use up your $10?

I had applied to get this feature

You cannot apply. You have to be chosen.

• Like 5

Fiverr only got 20% from my 40usd order 😉

I know that you used the “free” money Fiverr gave you. But if you were actually paying for the Promotion Feature Fiverr would have paid Fiverr 30%. So, are you going to continue the promotion when you use up your $10?

I had applied to get this feature

Really? I thought it’s for everyone, I have the $10 as it is, and set my bidding to the lowest, don’t want to try it just yet to be honest as I am already doing well and kind of busy these days. I’d love to see more people try it.

• Like 5

Really? I thought it’s for everyone, I have the $10 as it is, and set my bidding to the lowest, don’t want to try it just yet to be honest as I am already doing well and kind of busy these days. I’d love to see more people try it.

Really?

Yes, it is in beta. Only level 2 and TRS’s have been chosen to try it out.

• Like 5

Okay guys, so I’ve been testing the new “Promotion” feature this past week. The promotion didn’t start until I placed a bid equal to the recommended pay per click, so I didn’t get any traffic for a week, but once I updated my bid…I received 8 clicks for 2$! And the funny thing is that the original impressions on my gig went down by 100% which is crazy, as I’ve been getting the same results for the last 3 months.

My experience: The promotion didn’t start until I placed a higher bid. For 2$ I got only 8 clicks and the original impressions on the same gig went down by 100% since I received the “Promote your gig” notification.

My thoughts - Our original impressions are going down so that we can get traffic by “promoting” (aka paying) for the traffic of our own gigs (like the 20% commission isn’t high enough). My gig had the “Fiverr’s choice” badge and was always at the top of the first page, I’ve been constantly getting 200-300 clicks a week for the past 3-4 months, the past 7 days (since I started “promoting”) I got only 100 natural clicks, impressions are 100% less as well and I spent 2$ on 8 clicks via the “Promotion” panel.

I’m a bit disappointed and I hope that this feature won’t stick. The only people who’ll lose from this are literary the best sellers that earned their spot on the first page by being hard workers offering a great quality service.

My question - Can someone tell me why I should spent 10$ for 32 clicks? I was getting 300 natural clicks a week by being a good seller that provides a quality service, now my impressions and my clicks are 100% down, so that I can pay 10$ for 32 clicks :rofl:

Also, how is this good for Fiverr? I received only 1 order on the “Fiverr’s choice” gig that I started promoting and the order I got wasn’t due to the promotion. I was getting x2 impressions and x2 clicks, with around 3-4 orders a week before the Promotion thing started so the platform lost approximately 100$ from the 20% cut and made 2$ from me promoting my gig. Good job, Fiverr!

• Like 9

Okay guys, so I’ve been testing the new “Promotion” feature this past week. The promotion didn’t start until I placed a bid equal to the recommended pay per click, so I didn’t get any traffic for a week, but once I updated my bid…I received 8 clicks for 2$! And the funny thing is that the original impressions on my gig went down by 100% which is crazy, as I’ve been getting the same results for the last 3 months.

My experience: The promotion didn’t start until I placed a higher bid. For 2$ I got only 8 clicks and the original impressions on the same gig went down by 100% since I received the “Promote your gig” notification.

My thoughts - Our original impressions are going down so that we can get traffic by “promoting” (aka paying) for the traffic of our own gigs (like the 20% commission isn’t high enough). My gig had the “Fiverr’s choice” badge and was always at the top of the first page, I’ve been constantly getting 200-300 clicks a week for the past 3-4 months, the past 7 days (since I started “promoting”) I got only 100 natural clicks, impressions are 100% less as well and I spent 2$ on 8 clicks via the “Promotion” panel.

I’m a bit disappointed and I hope that this feature won’t stick. The only people who’ll lose from this are literary the best sellers that earned their spot on the first page by being hard workers offering a great quality service.

My question - Can someone tell me why I should spent 10$ for 32 clicks? I was getting 300 natural clicks a week by being a good seller that provides a quality service, now my impressions and my clicks are 100% down, so that I can pay 10$ for 32 clicks :rofl:

Also, how is this good for Fiverr? I received only 1 order on the “Fiverr’s choice” gig that I started promoting and the order I got wasn’t due to the promotion. I was getting x2 impressions and x2 clicks, with around 3-4 orders a week before the Promotion thing started so the platform lost approximately 100$ from the 20% cut and made 2$ from me promoting my gig. Good job, Fiverr!

Our original impressions are going down so that we can get traffic by “promoting” (aka paying) for the traffic of our own gigs (

That was pretty much my experience too. It took a week or so to get back to normal once I stopped promoting.

• Like 9

Our original impressions are going down so that we can get traffic by “promoting” (aka paying) for the traffic of our own gigs (

That was pretty much my experience too. It took a week or so to get back to normal once I stopped promoting.

My impressions actually got a boost right after i stopped promoting the gig, which seems like a bad joke to me. Promotions should add additional traffic to the already existing, not remove that traffic so that I can pay to get less than usual.

impressions.png.16b978af6811abe169ffd7befd6d1088.png
impressions712×316 12.8 KB

I originally started this post on September 7 which is also the same day I started the promotion.

• Like 12

In other words, are you saying promotion of gigs doesn’t always imply profits or higher traffic?

promotion of gigs doesn’t always imply profits or higher traffic?

That was my experience. I got more orders when I did not promote than when I did, plus I lost money on the clicks. Another issue is that your competition could click on your gig, only to make you waste your promotion 💵.

• Like 4

promotion of gigs doesn’t always imply profits or higher traffic?

That was my experience. I got more orders when I did not promote than when I did, plus I lost money on the clicks. Another issue is that your competition could click on your gig, only to make you waste your promotion 💵.

plus I lost money on the clicks.

I have to agree, though I didn’t receive any clicks. For me, a promoted $5 order would have turned into $3.34 profit, with 33.2% being deducted as fees by Fiverr which is really not worth it for me.

Of course, that being said, you need to consider your idle time. If you have 80 % free capacities to work, you might want to consider whether the high fees are profitable for you. I personally won’t move a finger for what turns out to be 2.85€ on my bank account later.

• Like 4

plus I lost money on the clicks.

I have to agree, though I didn’t receive any clicks. For me, a promoted $5 order would have turned into $3.34 profit, with 33.2% being deducted as fees by Fiverr which is really not worth it for me.

Of course, that being said, you need to consider your idle time. If you have 80 % free capacities to work, you might want to consider whether the high fees are profitable for you. I personally won’t move a finger for what turns out to be 2.85€ on my bank account later.

I personally won’t move a finger for what turns out to be 2.85€ on my bank account later.

Nope, not me either!

• Like 5