Paid promotion feature

janali

I don’t know whether it’s related or not but I’m having my worst week like EVER right now. My gig has had the worst stats this week as far as I can remember. I’ve only gotten 2 orders from new clients which has never happened before.

I don’t know whether it’s related or not but I’m having my worst week like EVER right now. My gig has had the worst stats this week as far as I can remember. I’ve only gotten 2 orders from new clients which has never happened before.

I think it is related. Fiverr is promoting the sellers who are paying for the prime locations and if you are not promoting your gig gets pushed back behind the promoted ones.

I have asked the CS about the “AD” badge, and this is them reply

In your CS reply they says, “If you set up an ad, and you see your Gig in your Promoted Gigs view, it’s being promoted and shown on the prime locations in our search.”

But I see nowhere that it says for how long it is featured. :thinking:

I tried out the feature and did not like it. Every order was for my minimum amount of $10. Plus, by the time I added the price for the clicks I was paying Fiverr 23 to 25% as their part for promoting the gig. To me, for such small orders, it was not worth the expense. I can see where it may be valuable if a seller has larger sales.

Also, while I ran the promotion I did not get many orders other than my regular buyers. Once I stopped the promotion, after about a week I started to get new buyers again.

• Like 6

I think it is related. Fiverr is promoting the sellers who are paying for the prime locations and if you are not promoting your gig gets pushed back behind the promoted ones.

In your CS reply they says, “If you set up an ad, and you see your Gig in your Promoted Gigs view, it’s being promoted and shown on the prime locations in our search.”

I tried out the feature and did not like it. Every order was for my minimum amount of $10. Plus, by the time I added the price for the clicks I was paying Fiverr 23 to 25% as their part for promoting the gig. To me, for such small orders, it was not worth the expense. I can see where it may be valuable if a seller has larger sales.

Also, while I ran the promotion I did not get many orders other than my regular buyers. Once I stopped the promotion, after about a week I started to get new buyers again.

Well that is concerning since I don’t even have the Ad feature yet. Guess I’m in for a rough time.

• Like 4

Well that is concerning since I don’t even have the Ad feature yet. Guess I’m in for a rough time.

I don’t even have the Ad feature yet.

I was not impressed with it. But maybe you have higher entry level gigs.

• Like 4

I don’t even have the Ad feature yet.

I was not impressed with it. But maybe you have higher entry level gigs.

But maybe you have higher entry level gigs.

I only have one active gig at the moment and I’m pretty sure it meets all the requirements. Other than that, it’s been so long since we last talked! I hope you’ve been doing well.

• Like 6

But maybe you have higher entry level gigs.

I only have one active gig at the moment and I’m pretty sure it meets all the requirements. Other than that, it’s been so long since we last talked! I hope you’ve been doing well.

I only have one active gig at the moment and I’m pretty sure it meets all the requirements.

@designs_4u1 posted all of the requirements above. Do you meet them.

I would gladly give you my Paid Promotion if I could.

Other than that, it’s been so long since we last talked! I hope you’ve been doing well.

Yes, I am. Trying to hide from COVID and the amount of business I get on Fiverr is acceptable. I am recuping from taking care of 3 active grandkids for the whole summer due to COVID and their daycare being closed. But now I just have an active one year old 5 days a week so it is easier to keep up with my business.

How are you and yours? Have you improved your eating habits? Are you still drinking chocolate syrup for breakfast?

• Like 5

I only have one active gig at the moment and I’m pretty sure it meets all the requirements.

I would gladly give you my Paid Promotion if I could.

Other than that, it’s been so long since we last talked! I hope you’ve been doing well.

Yes, I am. Trying to hide from COVID and the amount of business I get on Fiverr is acceptable. I am recuping from taking care of 3 active grandkids for the whole summer due to COVID and their daycare being closed. But now I just have an active one year old 5 days a week so it is easier to keep up with my business.

How are you and yours? Have you improved your eating habits? Are you still drinking chocolate syrup for breakfast?

I do meet all of them but maybe it’s just not in my category yet so here’s to hoping.

Yes, I am. Trying to hide from COVID and the amount of business I get on Fiverr is acceptable.

Luckily, most of my family including me already got it and overcame it so that’s a plus side to all this. Seriously, stay safe. COVID is just as horrible as the media makes it out to be.

I am recuping from taking care of 3 active grandkids for the whole summer due to COVID and their daycare being closed

And I’m sure with a Grandmother like you they’re having the time of their life. I’ve started watching some old classics again to deal with everything going on this year.

Ah, if only. On the contrary things on that front aren’t looking good. I did start taking cooking classes to deal with it but cause of the whole pandemic they didn’t last long. Other than that, things have been going well. Hopefully, they’ll get even better after I get this new ad feature.

• Like 5

But I see nowhere that it says for how long it is featured.

It’s featured as long as you are the highest bidder in your category I would guess. :thinking:

• Like 5

sorry for asking this maybe you mentionned it in the past replies, but it’s too much, did you get any positive results from this feature ?

No, not really. It only showed about 50 impressions within 3,5 days but 0 clicks which is why I stopped bidding because I felt like my normal impressions went down in those 3 days and I didn’t get as many requests as usual. But that might be part of the feature testing they are doing. I have only seen 1 or 2 sellers actually have good results with it while it didn’t do anything for most others.

• Like 7

No, not really. It only showed about 50 impressions within 3,5 days but 0 clicks which is why I stopped bidding because I felt like my normal impressions went down in those 3 days and I didn’t get as many requests as usual. But that might be part of the feature testing they are doing. I have only seen 1 or 2 sellers actually have good results with it while it didn’t do anything for most others.

alright thanks for the reply, good luck!

• Like 5

I agree. My stats are 35 impressions, 5 clicks and zero client response/ orders over the last few days in the promoted gig section.

My organic gig impressions for the promoted gig have also gone down quite a bit.

• Like 5

I agree. My stats are 35 impressions, 5 clicks and zero client response/ orders over the last few days in the promoted gig section.

My organic gig impressions for the promoted gig have also gone down quite a bit.

I got 56 impressions and 11 clicks but no order on my promoted gigs. That’s why I also stopped the promotion of my gigs.

• Like 6

For some reason I just received another invitation to try the feature. :thinking:

For some reason I just received another invitation to try the feature. :thinking:

I have received three total.

did you get any positive results from this feature ?

No, not really.

I felt like my normal impressions went down in those 3 days and I didn’t get as many requests as usual.

That was my experience too.

• Like 5

I have received three total.

did you get any positive results from this feature ?

No, not really.

I felt like my normal impressions went down in those 3 days and I didn’t get as many requests as usual.

That was my experience too.

Shame, the way this feature works as of now (granted, it’s still in testing so we don’t know how the final feature will work) is just good for Fiverr as a potential source of income but the sellers don’t really seem to benefit from any of it.

• Like 6

I got 118 impression for 3 promoted gigs + 7 clicks + 1 message from new buyer ( but he decided to not buy service because he want to do by himself 😤 ).
I checked traffic of 3 promoted gigs everydays and it seems nothing better than usual because i can’t keep increasing bidding price day by day. I don’t want to work hard then give all my money for Fiverr. 20% is enough for them. They did many upgrades but nothing better for us, just to make the platform messed up.
I missed few-years-ago-Fiverr. Not many upgrade but it works well for all new and old seller.

• Like 7

I am not receiving new messages as i usually receive, what I can say is that this feature is not good! The results should position us based on our performance.

If Fiverr wants to earn more, they should encourage sallers to charge more, there are many talented sallers charging very cheaply.

My recommended BID now is 0.45, with $10 you get 22 clicks (very expensive, because this is not a guarantee of sell)

Top sellers and level 2 are facing fall down in the results, something happened at Fiverr, i don’t know what’s going on… some sellers was moved from first page to others pages.

• Like 7

So here are my two cents on this new feature …

My gig impressions moved to 42 with 7 clicks. The recommended bid price is 0.11 and I am bidding at 0.13. I received only one response so far very early morning today and although I replied to them within two hours, they had hired someone else for the job by then. So although I haven’t received any favorable outcome, things are happening around my gig. These are still early days for us to predict how the promotion feature is doing. If you have access to the promotion, I suggest to let it run for a month before coming to an outcome.

I also believe you for not need to quote a very high price over and above the recommended bid price. For instance in my case, the recommended price is $0.11 and my bid is placed at $0.13. So if you have a recommended bid price of let’s say $0.30, instead of scaling up the price to $0.40, you simply need to bid $0.31 to outbid others.

The recommended price of your bid is probably determined by the amount of competition your particular gig category has. Competition for a logo making gig could be way higher than a competition for a logo reveal video gig. That is why different sellers are receiving inconsistent bid prices.

• Like 5