What’s your WHY?

Kesha

Today let’s dive into the heart of your journey. 

Whether it’s financial freedom, making an impact, or pursuing your passion, we’re curious to know what’s the driving force behind your hustle. What’s the reason you jump out of bed each morning ready to serve your clients? 

• Like 8

Pursuing my passion, financial freedom, and making an impact WERE all reasons I loved doing what I do. But you gamified those things and stripped away my ability to serve my clients by forcing out real people for robots, punishing hard work and dedication, and gaslighting our very real needs and concerns while negatively impacting our collective mental and physical well-being. 

TLDR: We're all just slow-grinding our way to a stressful existence which has become synonymous with freelancing here.

TDLR#2: You're killing me, bruh.

• Like 12
  • Up 2

I would really like to try myself as a freelancer and see where this can go - also I would really like to make a difference, and use my knowledge for helping people through my translations (and Hungarian is a very difficult language, let me tell you as a native speaker 😃). My second reason is money, to be honest, I'm currently a first time homeowner and I'm all about renovating and furnishing my little space from which I can proudly say that it's mine. It's a bit profound I know, but that's that. 😁

• Like 7

I primarily jumped into the world of voice-over specifically after being directed to do so in prayer. I'd never heard of this industry before or contemplated running a business before hearing the words "Voice Over" loud and clear when praying about my next career move about 6 years ago. Strange reason to many I am sure, but I've learned over many long years after asking many questions that I can trust God's direction on this sort of thing. It's been a wild ride. 

Long-term, my personal goal is to voice projects that impact the abused and voiceless in the world - giving a voice in particular to victims of human trafficking around the world, especially children. I have a handful of organizations that I have aimed to work with since day 1, and over the last 6 years I've been able to voice numerous projects impacting the issue. 

As far as the day-to-day, I'm first interested in honoring God through my best work ("Do everything as to the Lord" - if I wouldn't do my best for Him, what's the use in giving my work to anyone else?), and secondarily in providing for my wife and 4 kids. I also drive an outrageously large and thirsty truck; gotta' feed the tank. And I like to eat pie, and pay my bills. 

Edited by texvox
  • Like 11

51 minutes ago, texvox said:

I primarily jumped into the world of voice-over specifically after being directed to do so in prayer. I'd never heard of this industry before or contemplated running a business before hearing the words "Voice Over" loud and clear when praying about my next career move about 6 years ago. Strange reason to many I am sure, but I've learned over many long years after asking many questions that I can trust God's direction on this sort of thing. It's been a wild ride. 

Gee whiz, hard act to follow. Makes my "why" seem somehow less altruistic:

Movie gif. Tom Cruise as Jerry Maguire shouts the catchphrase into his phone. Text, "Show me the money!!!"

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Gee whiz, hard act to follow. Makes my "why" seem somehow less altruistic:

Movie gif. Tom Cruise as Jerry Maguire shouts the catchphrase into his phone. Text, "Show me the money!!!"

Money is also good, considering my bills don't accept "good will" as payment 🤣

• Like 8

1 hour ago, texvox said:

Long-term, my personal goal is to voice projects that impact the abused and voiceless in the world - giving a voice in particular to victims of human trafficking around the world, especially children. I have a handful of organizations that I have aimed to work with since day 1, and over the last 6 years I've been able to voice numerous projects impacting the issue. 

As far as the day-to-day, I'm first interested in honoring God through my best work ("Do everything as to the Lord" - if I wouldn't do my best for Him, what's the use in giving my work to anyone else?), and secondarily in providing for my wife and 4 kids. I also drive an outrageously large and thirsty truck; gotta' feed the tank. And I like to eat pie, and pay my bills. 

Am I correct in recalling that you said you lost your job?

That's how it all began for me, too.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Am I correct in recalling that you said you lost your job?

That's how it all began for me, too.

Yes I did! And that happened about 3 weeks after my 3rd child was born, so you can imagine the adrenaline pumping as I stood in the parking lot wondering what in the world I was going to do. Crazy start to an interesting career path. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, texvox said:

Yes I did! And that happened about 3 weeks after my 3rd child was born, so you can imagine the adrenaline pumping as I stood in the parking lot wondering what in the world I was going to do. Crazy start to an interesting career path. 

Yes! I remember the new child birth as well, but nothing about God. It's awesome that happened and that you can open up about it on the Fiverr forum.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Kesha said:

making an impact

To make an impact, we need to go off-route and use our creative thinking. But here on Fiverr, even a very small silly mistake can result in unemployment for six months (if it's the only earning source). I hope Fiverr will understand one day that clients can be challenging. It's not always the seller's fault all the time and if Fiverr stops punishing sellers for "all mistakes" (regardless of whether they're from the buyer's side), I will definitely try to see things from impact perspective.

So, right now, I am here to follow my passion. I even dropped out of university to pursue this passion, so I am very committed to it and also to make some money and building a living out of it.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Kesha said:

Today let’s dive into the heart of your journey. 

Whether it’s financial freedom, making an impact, or pursuing your passion, we’re curious to know what’s the driving force behind your hustle. What’s the reason you jump out of bed each morning ready to serve your clients? 

It was financial freedom, but thanks to your new system, me and many other sellers are unemployed so... I guess that won't happen... at least not on fiverr 🙂

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Up 3

In January earned more than 1200$. And then the update comes and let me do only a sell of 17$ in last 3 months.

Which is quite good cause I earned approx. 13.6$. Which is a really big chunk of money for me to survive.

My restless hours and hard work are actually paying off in a way never could imagine.

Thanks to the almighty tech team.

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing @texvox. I personally enjoyed hearing about your relationship with God and am 100% all in with those feelings and sentiments. The way Fiverr has turned so negatively has been a benefit to my own relationship with Him, so it definitely has its positives.

• Like 7

I think we need to ask Fiverr what Fiverr's why is. 

Fiverr's always asking us to open up with little shards of insight into our inner worlds. Isn't it time Fiverr did the same?

I'd love to hear Fiverr's "why" for e.g. 100% price increases for sellers who were promised locked-in prices for early adoption on new products, for example. Or what was floating through the corporate brain when it was decided to allow anyone to sell AI stuff without having to disclose it. 

I - perhaps unfairly - believe it's nothing more than blind greed. But if Fiverr would just let me into its world and open up a little, maybe I could understand it and learn to love it again. Or maybe not. I might be bang on the money. 

• Like 2
  • Up 3

17 hours ago, texvox said:

Money is also good, considering my bills don't accept "good will" as payment 🤣

Or "My client's budget was tight". Can't buy food with that, either, and I'd like not to starve to death.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

@priyank_mod You're in the exact wrong place, then. I've never seen as much toxicity as I see here.

Naah, toxicity is everywhere. We just choose our own battles and focus on the controllables. It's more of a matter of personal priorities and what affects own mental health.

I would rather not have bosses, monday blues, peakhour traffic and endless rut of boardroom meetings (done all that for more than a decade). 

PS By no means, Fiverr is a walk in the park. We all know what's going around on multiple fronts here.🤐 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

We just choose our own battles and focus on the controllables

Exactly - and here we can control very little. 

Case in point, I have just been lied to my face by CS, just like that. I have proof of it. Once the dust settles, I'll make a very interesting thread on the topic.

This platform keeps doing the inadmissible, because they don't face any consequence.

• Like 4