27 minutes ago, uk1000 said:

I don't think it was said by staff that it would be all time or whether it was a particular number of days. It was asked if it would be 60 or 90 days and then this was the reply:

So we don't definitely know what date range it takes into account (or if it's all of them since a seller joined). Hopefully staff can clarify.

As you saw my screenshot above.. Kesha said lifetime. So.. yeah. Newer data matters more, but previous bad reviews will have some negative impact, even if it’s minimal.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

Another thing that happened and I would like to point out...  If a buyer rates anything below '' exceptional '' the value for money part... HOW and WHY is he leaving me a tip as well ?!  If money plays such an important part then he shouldn't tip

• Like 9
  • Up 5

39 minutes ago, Alex.M said:

If money plays such an important part then he shouldn't tip

This falls into the category of "buyers sometimes don't understand the rating system, they rush or just randomly press stuff". I had the same thing , a tip with a 4.7 and text saying excellent work. Well it wasn't excellent it seems 🙂 At this point I just move on, I understand the review system is not changing so for me.. I just prefer to stop worrying about things unless they have a severe impact.

We will surely have something to talk about next week when Fiverr launches that new leveling system. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, webcut said:

Let's see........

Not everyone will have a maximum score. It's expected, especially when they take into account very old reviews. Sure, new stuff takes priority, but I can see many people not having a perfect account score. 

Not only that, but they offer some advice, yet you won't be able to pinpoint everything wrong. From what I saw, there are some helpful tips, but a lot of thing is under wraps anyway. Think of it like seeing a part of the private review, but nothing more than that. There's still lots of stuff you don't know, and it will take a while until we all realize what influences our score and stuff like that. 

• Like 9

For some reason, I think the buyers somehow know about the new ' value for money ' part of the public feedback. I just received some messages about a design and after I asked the buyer to check the prices that are on the gig page he came back with '' others are charging 25$ '' ... like I care or something about what others are charging... Anyway after encouraging him to work with someone that offered the price that he wanted, he told me he wanted to buy my most expensive package ( 175$ or so... ) Now what normal person would want to work with the buyer after receiving messages like ' others are charging 25$ ' when we have this new rating system?  

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Alex.M said:

'' others are charging 25$ ''

When I read things like that I'm always, like 100% of the time, speechless.
What comes into the mind of these persons is still a mystery to me.

What kind of reply do they expect from a seller?
"Oh, many thanks, I didn't know that, let me lower my prices real quick to match your desired budget".

I mean, have you ever gone in a shop and asked this type of sentence to the business owner? I don't think so.
That's so awkward.

• Like 11

On 1/30/2024 at 1:05 PM, visualstudios said:

@Kesha do you realize what this actually will do?

If consistently high value for money means I should raise my prices, that means I should aim to not have consistently high value for money, but average. In other words, I should steadily raise my prices until my value for money is average, as in, fair. Which yes, makes sense - that's what it should be.

The problem is that means I'll get reviews of 4 stars, or even lower, since value for money counts for the final rating. That means I'll lose my level, since I need to maintain a 4.7 average, and Fiverr states that dropping levels can affect gig positioning. If I get 3 stars on "value for money", the review will be lower than 4.7

If we could see our "value for money" and have that not affect our rating, or if the threshold to keep levels was lower, then yes, that would make sense. As things stand, you can't win with the system. You can't raise prices because you get punished for doing so.

Please tell me how you think this works. How can I raise my prices if my value for money is high without dropping my rating average?

Yeah, this is 1000% accurate lol

• Like 7

Fiverr seems to be making more changes making it harder to live. The order/month still the same or will be low on these "new features". Surely with this new "rating" system with the "value of money", the Pro seller whose start price of 350$ will never have 5 5-star ratings, will be against with PRO market while the purpose of this market is to sell in a high price. I feel hard to breathe from now on.

• Like 7

The success Score is like on Upwork, they have the same score like this.

I think the feature that needs to be updated is "Working Hour" like Upwork, which is an ongoing project with endless revisions happen will fit this.

Or a hybrid between fix price and working hours like we do the main job done with a fixed price, and the revision part is working hour mode. So the seller will be very happy if the buyer do endless revision.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, jefftuts said:

or is it now account lifetime?

Lifetime.

I have one gig that doesn't get a lot of action. It has the lowest score and 'Strong Negative Impact' for cancelled orders. That gig had one cancelled order over two years ago and the rest completed successfully. So, that one cancellation (which is a higher percentage than it would be in more popular gigs) affected my Gig Score.

I'm completely mystified by a "Strong Negative Impact" on one of my gigs for Client Satisfaction that has ONLY received 5 stars and one 4.5 star way back in 2019. What is the problem?

This certainly isn't any more transparent than it used to be.

Edited by melanielm
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, melanielm said:

Lifetime.

I have one gig that doesn't get a lot of action. It has the lowest score and 'Strong Negative Impact' for cancelled orders. That gig had one cancelled order over two years ago and the rest completed successfully. So, that one cancellation (which is a higher percentage than it would be in more popular gigs) affected my Gig Score.

I'm completely mystified by a "Strong Negative Impact" on one of my gigs for Client Satisfaction that has ONLY received 5 stars and one 4.5 star way back in 2019. What is the problem?

This certainly isn't any more transparent than it used to be.

I agree. I have a top gig, that now has a low success score, as a result of reviews from years ago. I've worked hard to improve upon those early years on Fiverr, and now, all my recent positive work is penalized for things from back then. That is hardly fair for a strong, successful 10-year Fiverr seller with good work on this platform, and a top-selling gig.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

7 hours ago, jefftuts said:

Does anyone know if they're calculating "Rating" on a 60 day rolling scale like before, or is it now account lifetime?

I think it may be a lifetime rating, according to @jonbaas's post. 

33 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

I have a top gig, that now has a low success score, as a result of reviews from years ago.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I think it may be a lifetime rating, according to @jonbaas's post. 

Yes, it is a lifetime rating, but the older stuff has way less importance when compared to new reviews. Especially reviews from new clients. So it is possible to increase those scores, but it's just as possible to have them go down, in case the seller gets a bad review (from a new client in particular).

• Like 3
  • Up 1

• Kesha unfeatured this topic