A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything looks awesome, except I agree with so many others that the blind review update has the potential to be a real problem.

Outside of this platform, when we are dealing with our customers (as business owners/independent contractors) – when we complete our work … we want to receive - and we benefit from - honest feedback (even negative) – that we have the ability to discuss with our client and hopefully resolve to their satisfaction, before order completion. One of my main goals as a seller is to gain a repeat, happy customer as a result of my services. My costumer’s satisfaction is absolutely paramount to my being successful as a seller.

What benefit is there in stripping the ability to communicate and resolve issues - at every stage of the transaction, including - and finally feedback? This just doesn’t seem like a great move for sellers, although I can understand the concept of the perceived benefit to fiverr as a platform.

🕰️ On a side note - an issue the need to be resolved is the clock starting after the buyer submits their order (even if the seller didn’t receive all the information needed to start the order.) Lots of buyers, come on, place and order - then disappear until close to delivery time - leaving the seller in a bad spot. The clock shouldn’t start until the seller indicates that they have everything they need to start the order. There’s no benefit in the pre-made message stating you need more information to begin an order - if it doesn’t stop the clock.

Everything looks awesome, except I agree with so many others that the blind review update has the potential to be a real problem.

Outside of this platform, when we are dealing with our customers (as business owners/independent contractors) – when we complete our work … we want to receive - and we benefit from - honest feedback (even negative) – that we have the ability to discuss with our client and hopefully resolve to their satisfaction, before order completion. One of my main goals as a seller is to gain a repeat, happy customer as a result of my services. My costumer’s satisfaction is absolutely paramount to my being successful as a seller.

What benefit is there in stripping the ability to communicate and resolve issues - at every stage of the transaction, including - and finally feedback? This just doesn’t seem like a great move for sellers, although I can understand the concept of the perceived benefit to fiverr as a platform.

🕰️ On a side note - an issue the need to be resolved is the clock starting after the buyer submits their order (even if the seller didn’t receive all the information needed to start the order.) Lots of buyers, come on, place and order - then disappear until close to delivery time - leaving the seller in a bad spot. The clock shouldn’t start until the seller indicates that they have everything they need to start the order. There’s no benefit in the pre-made message stating you need more information to begin an order - if it doesn’t stop the clock.

Not sure what’s the benefit of blind review because even if the buyer is demanding, i would still put a 5* if they put 5*. Sometimes they can say “nice work…” then a few days later leave a negative review because they think they submitted a revision request but it didn’t go through the system and think that i didn’t respond.

Not sure what’s the benefit of blind review because even if the buyer is demanding, i would still put a 5* if they put 5*. Sometimes they can say “nice work…” then a few days later leave a negative review because they think they submitted a revision request but it didn’t go through the system and think that i didn’t respond.

Exactly! I advertise, so it’s pretty easy for me to get a negative review based on a buyer being unreasonable with their final result expectation. What’s GREAT is sometimes subjective… example: Sushi socks,…🍣

I had a seller give me a 1 star review - despite my having done exactly as my gig says I would to the T - because her ad I posted - advertising socks that looked like a giant piece of sushi – didn’t go over that great with my audience…

She thought her sushi socks were a brilliant invention… everyone else, not so much…🤨

I even have a disclaimer saying I can’t guarantee results, for this reason. But I couldn’t get that feedback removed at the time even though it was clearly unreasonable.

I find these changes positive. I hope the next ones will be the supression of the 60-day limited ratings in UI and some changes in how PRO are handled in the marketplace, stating they are just different price tier and not making regular sellers are just low quality in comparison to them. Nice the supression of the lowest rated order every St.Level, that is a nice touch, and the buyer ban option, a must have.

Why care about something we are totally helpless about, that is stacked against us in some ways? It does no good to even worry about it. I doubt if I will even look at my reviews from now on.

I doubt if I will even look at my reviews from now on.

You’re right misscrystal, I guess it’s better to just let things be now. I need to take your approach more.

Being part of Fiverr means being part of one of the largest digital communities in the world. We want people we can trust, people we can communicate with (whether that means problem-solving or politely leaving some arguments alone), and people who look out for the good of the community as a whole.

These basics of good communication, safety and trust are all part of the foundation of the marketplace we have created together, and improving on these things is part of growing our community.

Today we are launching a new initiative to add more tools and features to Fiverr to make the marketplace as transparent, trustworthy, and frictionless as possible.

In the coming weeks and months, you will see a gradual rollout of new features and product updates that improve the overall product, simplify the experience and raise the quality of our support.

Here’s a brief overview of some of the features you can expect to see next week:

You’ve Got Options

Fiverr’s “order in a single click” is one of the things that make the customer experience so quick and efficient on Fiverr. But like any service-based project between two people, sometimes things go sideways. Whether it is personal chemistry, communication difficulties, or expectations that just do not match, sometimes it is best to just agree to disagree. In these rare cases, buyers have the option to simply stop their communication with a seller or refrain from ordering from them.

We want to provide sellers with similar options. Soon, sellers will have the option to stop communication and orders from certain buyers, all without impacting cancellation percentages or seller rankings. Sellers will see this option from the profile page of any buyer, and can also access the option from their inbox. Once a seller exercises the option, the buyer will not be able to contact or place an order from the seller.

Learn more here!

Trust and Safety First

As a member of the community we want you to speak up when you see something wrong, and we want to create an easier way to do it. Both buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles of any user they feel violate our Terms of Service or operate in a way that hurts the values of our community. Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly, keeping our marketplace in good shape.

Learn more here!

Changes to Level Evaluation

If you stress about the improvements that we are making to the rating system, you should know that a more accurate rating means that the reputation that you build for yourself is stronger and the system can better between your baseline performance and anomalies. For example, sometimes you do your best but still fall short of a buyer’s vision. We recognize that even when rare, these kinds of instances can be stressing. One of the first steps we are taking is to alleviate some of the pressure on sellers. So, beginning with the September evaluation, the rating threshold will be lowered from a 4.8 to 4.7 average in the last 60 days, and the lowest rated order during the period will be removed from the evaluation of the seller.

Feedback That Goes Both Ways

We are moving to a blind feedback system. What this means is that sellers will be asked to provide their feedback working with a buyer before receiving the feedback the buyer left. This is meant to assure feedback that is honest, independent and free from bias. Sellers’ feedback on buyers is extremely important to our ability to keep the integrity of Fiverr and provide sellers with better experience and protection. You can expect additional features in the coming future.

If a seller does not review the buyer from a specific transaction, the buyer’s review will be revealed 10 days after order completion. Once the sides have provided their feedback, their reviews will be made public and will be locked from further changes.

Learn more here!

That’s it for now. More updates will follow. In the meantime, please tell us what you think below!

We want to provide sellers with similar options. Soon, sellers will have the option to stop communication and orders from certain buyers, all without impacting cancellation percentages or seller rankings

About F***ing time

We are moving to a blind feedback system. What this means is that sellers will be asked to provide their feedback working with a buyer before receiving the feedback the buyer left.

Yup, we are becoming Upw0rk

Here’s an idea- stop telling people they have been nominated for TRS. We already know that 99.999% of those people won’t be promoted to TRS.

Becoming TRS should be a surprise, unexpected. Getting people’s hopes up only to let them down is cruel.

Getting people’s hopes up only to let them down is cruel.

It’s more cruel when you get the "we’ve decided you’re staying at level 2’ message, before you get the nominated for TRS message. I’ve had this twice now. Talk about bugs…

Getting people’s hopes up only to let them down is cruel.

It’s more cruel when you get the "we’ve decided you’re staying at level 2’ message, before you get the nominated for TRS message. I’ve had this twice now. Talk about bugs…

Exactly. If Fiverr does too much, the potential for bugs increases.

These are the only messages I welcome:

1. New Order
  2. Revision request
  3. Cancellation

That’s all I need.

Archived