A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

Okay, so I see “Block” only on the profiles of people who have bought a gig from me before, nevermind if “only buyer” or “buyer/seller”.

For a couple seller profiles from this thread which I checked, I see nothing new, neither block nor report.

For some random “buyer only” names I picked from BR to check, I do not see either block or report either.

I only see “Report” on all buyers, whether they have bought from me or chosen from BR. The same is true for all sellers I’ve checked, all of them have the “Report” on their profiles.

I guess that’s part of the “faster security” thing, let me find the quote…

70394_1.png mjensen415:

Trust and Safety First

As a member of the community we want you to speak up when you see something wrong, and we want to create an easier way to do it. Both buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles of any user they feel violate our Terms of Service or operate in a way that hurts the values of our community. Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly, keeping our marketplace in good shape.

Unless CS starts to work as it should, we all are at risk this could become a witch hunt…

Have you clicked report to see what options come up?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nooooooo!!! and if no options pop up??? 😱

I think it might work in a similar way as the report button within the messaging system. There you can block and unblock as well. I don’t have this feature yet but if I get it I will happily test it 😉

I think it might work in a similar way as the report button within the messaging system. There you can block and unblock as well. I don’t have this feature yet but if I get it I will happily test it 😉

I think it might work in a similar way as the report button within the messaging system. There you can block and unblock as well.

Makes sense but I rather not risk it 😊

I don’t have this feature yet but if I get it I will happily test it 😉

Please, just try not to test it with me… 😳

Oh hey!! Thank you!! That’s interesting!!

I just wonder if we use it – there’s any way our reasons could be used against us?:thinking:

Well, option 1 and 2 are pretty clear and there’s nothing at all to hold it against anyone, option 3 not really either (though you may get a link to “how to work it out with your buyer and save the order” page or something? 😉 ).

And, yeah, not sure what “Other” could be, if someone writes “I don’t want to do orders from someone from xxxxx”, I assume that might be no good, though who knows if they’ll even read that, the only thing they really should/would need to take action if they see that the behavior indeed was abusive/inappropriate, would be option 1 anyhow, as I see it.

We already had the little report button on gigs.

Reporting a profile vs a gig makes more sense with some things like, dunno, if you used a profile pic that belongs to Angelina Jolie or some copyrighted logo, or your profile was clearly ID theft, someone probably could report your profile as that’s against the terms.

Well, option 1 and 2 are pretty clear and there’s nothing at all to hold it against anyone, option 3 not really either (though you may get a link to “how to work it out with your buyer and save the order” page or something? 😉 ).

And, yeah, not sure what “Other” could be, if someone writes “I don’t want to do orders from someone from xxxxx”, I assume that might be no good, though who knows if they’ll even read that, the only thing they really should/would need to take action if they see that the behavior indeed was abusive/inappropriate, would be option 1 anyhow, as I see it.

We already had the little report button on gigs.

Reporting a profile vs a gig makes more sense with some things like, dunno, if you used a profile pic that belongs to Angelina Jolie or some copyrighted logo, or your profile was clearly ID theft, someone probably could report your profile as that’s against the terms.

If you try to report something copyrighted they have a series of questions about proving it. I think that pops up even if it’s someone like Angelina Jolie’s picture.

If you try to report something copyrighted they have a series of questions about proving it. I think that pops up even if it’s someone like Angelina Jolie’s picture.

Of course they do, Angelina might work here, after all.

Reporting “the whole seller” instead of just a gig if the seller was abusive/inappropriate? We do read sometimes about sellers insulting their buyers, after all. Or harassing them for a 5* review, … And a report button is definitely faster than all the clicks needed until you can send a ticket.

I’m trying to think why I should be reported… so far I’m drawing a blank.

I guess that’s part of the “faster security” thing, let me find the quote…

Trust and Safety First

As a member of the community we want you to speak up when you see something wrong, and we want to create an easier way to do it. Both buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles of any user they feel violate our Terms of Service or operate in a way that hurts the values of our community. Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly, keeping our marketplace in good shape.

buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles

Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly

That’s what worries me the most, the “quickly” part, not as much the flagging side, but the reviewing team’s side - if they investigate quickly, there’s a high risk of error 😬

Yeah - they basically want you to prove the seller is impersonating YOU or you have rights to a photo - that’s why Anjoli and Brad, as well as Brittany Jay Z and Mel Gibson - not to mention many other celebrities - ALL work on fiverr 👀

buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles

Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly

That’s what worries me the most, the “quickly” part, not as much the flagging side, but the reviewing team’s side - if they investigate quickly, there’s a high risk of error 😬

Let’s just assume it means “quickly on the table” but not necessarily off the table. 😉

ALL work on fiverr 👀

Well, don’t forget that Wyclef does, perhaps others will follow suit.

The rest, well, that’s usus or even regulated, I’m fine if I can report people impersonating me or using my stuff, in other cases, it would be up to the copyright holder, you’d have to report it to them if you care to, and they could then complain to Fiverr.

Let’s just assume it means “quickly on the table” but not necessarily off the table. 😉

ALL work on fiverr 👀

The rest, well, that’s usus or even regulated, I’m fine if I can report people impersonating me or using my stuff, in other cases, it would be up to the copyright holder, you’d have to report it to them if you care to, and they could then complain to Fiverr.

Yep! That sounds like a little too much work - for me to be bothered with!

ALL work on fiverr 👀

How do they know it’s really Wyclef? I’m sure it is. They probably made sure.

Of course they do, Angelina might work here, after all.

Reporting “the whole seller” instead of just a gig if the seller was abusive/inappropriate? We do read sometimes about sellers insulting their buyers, after all. Or harassing them for a 5* review, … And a report button is definitely faster than all the clicks needed until you can send a ticket.

And a report button is definitely faster than all the clicks needed until you can send a ticket.

That’s what worries me the most, the “quickly” part, not as much the flagging side, but the reviewing team’s side - if they investigate quickly , there’s a high risk of error 😬

it would be up to the copyright holder, you’d have to report it to them if you care to, and they could then complain to Fiverr.

I still think this is scary and could become a witch hunt if not well handled and with people knowing exactly what to do and what they’re doing,

It comes to my mind a seller who had copyright issues of her own photos and many others who where punished for copyright claims of their own gigs. I can’t recall who they were but I think those threads were created between May and July…

And a report button is definitely faster than all the clicks needed until you can send a ticket.

That’s what worries me the most, the “quickly” part, not as much the flagging side, but the reviewing team’s side - if they investigate quickly , there’s a high risk of error 😬

it would be up to the copyright holder, you’d have to report it to them if you care to, and they could then complain to Fiverr.

I still think this is scary and could become a witch hunt if not well handled and with people knowing exactly what to do and what they’re doing,

It comes to my mind a seller who had copyright issues of her own photos and many others who where punished for copyright claims of their own gigs. I can’t recall who they were but I think those threads were created between May and July…

I think this is going to create a world of problems. The majority of people I have read about on the forum accusing others of offering dishonest services have been fellow sellers with no proof. - Just a misplaced self-belief that they deserve more sales.

Also, reporting profiles could go hand in hand with the new blind review system.

Every time I have a problem buyer, problems arise because they want more than they are willing to pay for. Case in point, I have a buyer right now who ordered a basic 30-second video. They like the final delivery. But… they want it stretching out to be a minute in length. Also, they have set off a few red flags already by saying that on their side, the 40-second video I delivered only runs for 25-seconds. - A big fat lie.

So. In my blind review of this buyer, I would like to say:

"Thank you for your order. However, please note that purposefully ordering basic packages, before asking for longer custom work, has a very detrimental effect on my and other sellers workflow. In this case, please consider reaching out to sellers prior to ordering in future, in order to discuss your actual order requirements."

Actually, I would like to be a little less civil.

Now, though, what happens if this buyer realizes that other sellers may be reluctant to work with them in future? Or what happens if they are one of those who believe every seller should be priced at $5 and anything higher is a ripoff?

Me reviewing them could easily lead to them exacting revenge by reporting my profile for false advertising or whatever they want to come up with.

Then there are the people with the awful websites and fish brained MLM scams. The ones who come back furious weeks after purchase of an SEO sales copy because they didn’t become Bill Gates overnight. - Then there are the people who you just don’t want to work with who can’t take no for an answer and will now be enraged when they find out they have been blocked by sellers.

None of these issues should be a problem. However, CS favors buyers over sellers and I highly doubt anyone is going to investigate matters. The current MO seems to be to cancel orders and/or ban sellers at the slightest whisper of buyer upset.

I think this is going to create a world of problems. The majority of people I have read about on the forum accusing others of offering dishonest services have been fellow sellers with no proof. - Just a misplaced self-belief that they deserve more sales.

Also, reporting profiles could go hand in hand with the new blind review system.

Every time I have a problem buyer, problems arise because they want more than they are willing to pay for. Case in point, I have a buyer right now who ordered a basic 30-second video. They like the final delivery. But… they want it stretching out to be a minute in length. Also, they have set off a few red flags already by saying that on their side, the 40-second video I delivered only runs for 25-seconds. - A big fat lie.

"Thank you for your order. However, please note that purposefully ordering basic packages, before asking for longer custom work, has a very detrimental effect on my and other sellers workflow. In this case, please consider reaching out to sellers prior to ordering in future, in order to discuss your actual order requirements."

Now, though, what happens if this buyer realizes that other sellers may be reluctant to work with them in future? Or what happens if they are one of those who believe every seller should be priced at $5 and anything higher is a ripoff?

Me reviewing them could easily lead to them exacting revenge by reporting my profile for false advertising or whatever they want to come up with.

Then there are the people with the awful websites and fish brained MLM scams. The ones who come back furious weeks after purchase of an SEO sales copy because they didn’t become Bill Gates overnight. - Then there are the people who you just don’t want to work with who can’t take no for an answer and will now be enraged when they find out they have been blocked by sellers.

None of these issues should be a problem. However, CS favors buyers over sellers and I highly doubt anyone is going to investigate matters. The current MO seems to be to cancel orders and/or ban sellers at the slightest whisper of buyer upset.

It’s making it too easy for misguided buyers to report you for not providing things the gig does not offer, and as you say, have horrific websites and expect them to be flooded with sales even though it’s nothing to do with what your gig offers.

For the past six months at least I get daily messages from people requesting things that have absolutely nothing to do with any of my gigs.

I do agree with you and @misscrystal and I’m really worried in what all this would end.

Maybe I didn’t explain myself correctly on the examples I gave above for illustrating “investigations on copyright issues”. I was trying to say that these sellers were punished by Fiverr although being the legitimate owners of the photos and the gigs reported by them.

It’s going to be tough, very tough, even tougher than now for everyone and in every sense…

Blind reviews are a dog whistle to the most disturbed buyers out there, knowing they can take full advantage to really slam a seller without any way to have them respond. It’s fortunate such buyers are rare, but they are out there nonetheless.

@misscrystal I agree that blind reviews are a dog whistle for horrible buyers. The other issue with blind reviews is that sometimes the first time a buyer raises an issue is in the review. Now, sellers won’t be able to respond to false or misleading claims from a buyer.

Plus, there is still the issue that reviews of buyers are meaningless. A negative review doesn’t hurt a buyer’s ability to buy, and it’s tough for sellers to see a buyer’s reviews. Sellers can’t reject an order placed by a buyer because the buyer has a 2-star rating.

@misscrystal I agree that blind reviews are a dog whistle for horrible buyers. The other issue with blind reviews is that sometimes the first time a buyer raises an issue is in the review. Now, sellers won’t be able to respond to false or misleading claims from a buyer.

Plus, there is still the issue that reviews of buyers are meaningless. A negative review doesn’t hurt a buyer’s ability to buy, and it’s tough for sellers to see a buyer’s reviews. Sellers can’t reject an order placed by a buyer because the buyer has a 2-star rating.

My bad reviews were both from buyers who liked what they got according to what they said to me. Then surprise, a hateful review. It didn’t concern me since I could explain the situation.

Archived