A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If fiverr is adopting what other similar sites are doing it shows a deep insecurity.

There is no reason to copy how other sites handle reviews, as if they are somehow superior. Fiverr is the leader and has become that due to not following any other sites and having superior methods.

Fiverr doesn’t need to copy what Upwork does, or what Amazon does, with reviews.

So, I have like +1K buyers that I’d like to block (mostly abusive ones, which sometimes forget they’ve ordered from me before and order again months or years later to result in another cancellation)

I wonder what happens if I go through the trouble of blocking each and every one of them? :thinking:

[darn, I don’t have that option yet - I’m always the last one to get the new toys]

So, I have like +1K buyers that I’d like to block (mostly abusive ones, which sometimes forget they’ve ordered from me before and order again months or years later to result in another cancellation)

I wonder what happens if I go through the trouble of blocking each and every one of them? :thinking:

[darn, I don’t have that option yet - I’m always the last one to get the new toys]

Hm, what might happen…

2i4ezh.jpg.0a1210cb92c32f5919138db7927bec78.jpg

I still don’t have milestones if that helps at all. 😉

Yes, I don’t think many if any new features get rolled out to everyone at the same time.

I’m going to wait until all the bugs are out of it before I try it. 😉

Do they get a notice that you’ve blocked them? Or do they have to order to see some notice that says “This seller has blocked you from ordering”. I imagine they will be kind of upset. 😠

I’ll gladly play guinea pig and report any bugs 😉 it would have saved me the last cancellation (buyer ordered a ToS-violating gig) one day before SLD.

Interesting question, but if I want to use this feature on someone in the first place, I’m pretty sure I won’t care if they are upset.

I’ll gladly play guinea pig and report any bugs 😉 it would have saved me the last cancellation (buyer ordered a ToS-violating gig) one day before SLD.

Interesting question, but if I want to use this feature on someone in the first place, I’m pretty sure I won’t care if they are upset.

I have a couple of long term buyers I would like to block but don’t have the nerve.

I wonder if it affects the people you block in some way, such as lowering their gig rank.

I have a couple of long term buyers I would like to block but don’t have the nerve.

I wonder if it affects the people you block in some way, such as lowering their gig rank.

Well, if we knew for certain that it won’t have any disadvantages for a blocked person apart from being blocked, we could try it out to see if there’s a notice, but I don’t have the nerve for that lol.

I imagine nothing will happen, until they’d try to order. Then, obviously, Fiverr needs to tell them something. The exact wording though… hope we’ll learn soon.

Well, if we knew for certain that it won’t have any disadvantages for a blocked person apart from being blocked, we could try it out to see if there’s a notice, but I don’t have the nerve for that lol.

I imagine nothing will happen, until they’d try to order. Then, obviously, Fiverr needs to tell them something. The exact wording though… hope we’ll learn soon.

It would be nice if they got a message saying “We are having difficulties with completing your order. Please try another seller.”

It probably says “This seller has decided they do not want you to order from them. They have blocked you from ordering and do not want to get messages from you.”

It would be nice if they got a message saying “We are having difficulties with completing your order. Please try another seller.”

It probably says “This seller has decided they do not want you to order from them. They have blocked you from ordering and do not want to get messages from you.”

Well, at least the latter might lead to some self-reflection if they get it from another seller and another seller… as well.

Is anyone else seeing a “report” option in place of the “block” option as miiila’s screenshot is showing?

If that’s the case for many others, maybe I don’t need to report it as a “bug” after all. Otherwise, I was thinking of reporting it. :thinking: Because there should either be no option showing (if we haven’t received the block feature yet) or the “block” option showing. What’s with this new “report” option on buyers’ profiles 😛

“We are having difficulties with completing your order. Please try another seller.”

I concur.

What if the later hurt their egos and they become vengeful, make another account and takes revenge from that seller. :thinking:

“We are having difficulties with completing your order. Please try another seller.”

I concur.

What if the later hurt their egos and they become vengeful, make another account and takes revenge from that seller. :thinking:

Exactly my thoughts. Buyers who have to be blocked are going to be upset. Best would be to have a message saying “this seller is not taking orders at this time.”

It may say 🚫

Exactly my thoughts. Buyers who have to be blocked are going to be upset. Best would be to have a message saying “this seller is not taking orders at this time.”

It may say 🚫 they may get upset not just at the seller but also at Fiverr because they’d waste their time with a message like that, having them come back to check at other times.

That’s why I suppose it will be a bit more clear than “this seller is not taking orders at this time”.

But if they keep trying and then investigate and read the forum 😉 they may get upset not just at the seller but also at Fiverr because they’d waste their time with a message like that, having them come back to check at other times.

That’s why I suppose it will be a bit more clear than “this seller is not taking orders at this time”.

Anything more direct will feel like a slap in the face. Maybe someone can think of a more gentle way to phrase it.

Anything more direct will feel like a slap in the face. Maybe someone can think of a more gentle way to phrase it.

I’m sure they’ll work on it, or worked on, as it’s started being rolled out already, to find the best way to convey it, they won’t want to lose them as customers. After all, they aren’t just yours but Fiverr’s customers too.

I’m sure they’ll work on it, or worked on, as it’s started being rolled out already, to find the best way to convey it, they won’t want to lose them as customers. After all, they aren’t just yours but Fiverr’s customers too.

Or maybe they won’t get any message and will spend time repeatedly attempting to order. That way we can pretend we don’t know what’s wrong.

It would be a great option to have them directed to a message that they can only order our most expensive set of gig extras.

Since they do listen: I’m not thrilled with blind feedback, for the same reason as the others who feel that way. We need to be able to explain what happened if something goes wrong or to tell our side of the story. I don’t normally have problems with reviews but I know buyers sometimes leave not only negative but also insulting and accusing reviews. It would be ridiculous if a seller, thinking that everything was going well because they did their job and never heard a peep from the buyer until the order was rated, which happens quite often, left a great review and saw an unfair negative review after that. We need to at least be able to edit it afterwards. Also, as others have already said, buyers like to see how we handle negative reviews.

I think this can lead to many sellers not leaving reviews at all because they don’t want to risk looking like an idiot if something goes wrong. I know the community asked for something like this in order to be able to see buyers’ rating to make selling a bit safer/less annoying. Maybe instead of blind feedback the site could show both reviews on the buyers’ profile, the original one and the response, like on gig pages, or show just the response (after educating sellers, including me, not just to thank their buyers in the reviews but to describe their experience).

This I agree with 100%! I had a buyer the other day, that was seemingly satisfied with my work, once it was completed and PRIOR to reviewing… asking me about other products I could advertise for them etc… who left a 4 star rating in all 3 categories - along with a pretty detrimental comment. What was crazy was that they then came back, after leaving the review, and wanted me to work with them again! 😫This is an example of where blocking a buyer is a great feature. I don’t want to work with people who don’t have full confidence in my services – on a regular basis.

In a blind feedback situation, I for sure would have rated this buyer 5 stars and added a wonderful comment about my dealings with him or her .🤨

Prior to the monthly evaluations - a 4 star buyer would have been okay with me… BUT not so much now, as too many 4 star ratings can knock you right down in the analytics.

Review.JPG.85209a297657be624f1130f8f0155e77.JPG

Archived