A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mjensen415

So this is good news. But I have an order from a buyer that was cancelled after I filled it, delivered it, and then weeks later - the money cleared to my Fiverr account. The buyer initiated a ‘chargeback’ 17 days after ordering. Their account was then apparently terminated by Fiverr. However it has greatly affected my order completion rating. It was at 85% but for some reason Fiverr has dropped it to as low as 82% recently. Will this be taken into account during the next level evaluation day and knock me from level 2 to level 1?

Personal thoughts - I LOVE the block option and it will help me. I’ve had buyers ask for oddball things and I could tell they were going to order even if I said not to, so I had to pause gigs or go OOO. I’m thrilled about the change to soften the level system a bit. It sounds fairer to me. if one more thing could be added it would be to help with the buyer-fault or no-fault cancellations and I would find the whole level system much more workable. GREAT start and thanks to all staff including the big cheese! 🙂

I’m not a fan of the blind review thing. Personally I just won’t leave reviews for buyers at all if that is my option. I rarely ever get a 4 or lower, but when I do, it’s usually a surprise to me. I wouldn’t try to “guess ahead” and look like an idiot. Still, overall this post is excellent. Thanks again!

There was a past assignment where I worked with a client that didn’t have a solid grasp of SEO and favored keyword stuffing. It was okay if it were a single word/phrase but to have several sets that needed to be repeated ad nauseum wasn’t going to be possible especially within the designated timeframe. Tried to explain I couldn’t do it but they insisted that it be done.

So the long and short of it, review time came (it was a blind review) and an appropriate review was left. Let’s just say the feeling was mutual and after reviewing other reviews I saw I wasn’t the only one that issues with this particular client.

Overall the announcement is a positive step in a nice direction. Who knows, maybe the issues with chargebacks, ordered by mistake, bug fixes and others will be addressed in the near future.

I would appreciate being informed if my Level 2 status that I worked extremely hard to achieve and which was immediately taken away from me because of a mutual cancellation of a $5 order. With the new changes, will my Level 2 status be restored as I have been punished severely in losing my status.

Thanks for listening Fiverr. I always appreciate the efforts to help things run smoothly for buyers and sellers alike

When do these changes go into effect?

Things I dig:

The blocking option (nice…even though I JUST found out last month previously it only stopped the person from contacting you but one still could place an order…yikes…glad that’s changed and thankfully I’ve really only had to use this once).

10 days to review…I like this…previously it was what? 30 days?

Evaluation level- I’m with @nikavoice …it’s a start 😉

Since we are talking changes I’ll add some things I would love to be considered…

(not sure if anyone else has issues with the response rate…I had an ongoing convo with a client regarding his project and our interactions went on for a month of back and forth messages). He inboxes me on a new day and I respond by sending him a custom offer (which was accepted) however my response rate shot down simply because I didn’t type words to him (which wasn’t necessary since we had been in communication for so long). Sending someone a custom order should be sufficient as a response.

I’m undecided on the blind feedback change. I’m open though and hope this works well for everyone. I am very communicative with my clients and would be disappointed to know they couldn’t express themselves to me personally vs leaving feedback that could impact my business …perhaps a prompt could be added if a buyer is about to leave a negative rating? "Would you like to contact your seller to resolve this?" (idk just throwing something out there lol). I always want the option to make it right for my clients!

Orders made incorrectly or duplicate orders- Sellers should have the option to have these removed without penalty. For example, if I say on my gig I don’t do s****l or religious content and a buyer places an order with that content, I should be able to refuse it without penalty to me. It would be great to have the option to accept and decline orders (not sure that would ever happen but I’m throwing it out there).

Great updates overall and look forward to more new changes for us! Gracias @mjensen415!

Does this mean if we get a bad review we cannot leave any response after we see what they said? I think we should be able to do that. The review they leave is how we know if they are unhappy usually.

It’s going to look weird if a seller gives a buyer a great review and then the buyer leaves horrible feedback everyone can see. Potential buyers appreciate seeing how the seller responds to bad reviews.

yes you told my mind thinking . i hope fiverr will give us more good news soon!

Thanks for listening Fiverr. I always appreciate the efforts to help things run smoothly for buyers and sellers alike

When do these changes go into effect?

Things I dig:

The blocking option (nice…even though I JUST found out last month previously it only stopped the person from contacting you but one still could place an order…yikes…glad that’s changed and thankfully I’ve really only had to use this once).

10 days to review…I like this…previously it was what? 30 days?

Evaluation level- I’m with @nikavoice …it’s a start 😉

Since we are talking changes I’ll add some things I would love to be considered…

(not sure if anyone else has issues with the response rate…I had an ongoing convo with a client regarding his project and our interactions went on for a month of back and forth messages). He inboxes me on a new day and I respond by sending him a custom offer (which was accepted) however my response rate shot down simply because I didn’t type words to him (which wasn’t necessary since we had been in communication for so long). Sending someone a custom order should be sufficient as a response.

I’m undecided on the blind feedback change. I’m open though and hope this works well for everyone. I am very communicative with my clients and would be disappointed to know they couldn’t express themselves to me personally vs leaving feedback that could impact my business …perhaps a prompt could be added if a buyer is about to leave a negative rating? "Would you like to contact your seller to resolve this?" (idk just throwing something out there lol). I always want the option to make it right for my clients!

Orders made incorrectly or duplicate orders- Sellers should have the option to have these removed without penalty. For example, if I say on my gig I don’t do s****l or religious content and a buyer places an order with that content, I should be able to refuse it without penalty to me. It would be great to have the option to accept and decline orders (not sure that would ever happen but I’m throwing it out there).

Great updates overall and look forward to more new changes for us! Gracias @mjensen415!

you are great thankss lot

Good initiatives, will help the sellers as well as the honesty of the buyer as well.

About the order in one click, we could have a different system like, the client can’t order in one click without consulting with the seller.

That would solve it all I think, rather than specific buyers.

About reporting, we would like to report the ‘Buyer request’ section, that is really annoying that the sellers advertise their sales and skills on buyer requests.

I love the overall changes. But please try to improve these systems

Archived