A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being part of Fiverr means being part of one of the largest digital communities in the world. We want people we can trust, people we can communicate with (whether that means problem-solving or politely leaving some arguments alone), and people who look out for the good of the community as a whole.

These basics of good communication, safety and trust are all part of the foundation of the marketplace we have created together, and improving on these things is part of growing our community.

Today we are launching a new initiative to add more tools and features to Fiverr to make the marketplace as transparent, trustworthy, and frictionless as possible.

In the coming weeks and months, you will see a gradual rollout of new features and product updates that improve the overall product, simplify the experience and raise the quality of our support.

Here’s a brief overview of some of the features you can expect to see next week:

You’ve Got Options

Fiverr’s “order in a single click” is one of the things that make the customer experience so quick and efficient on Fiverr. But like any service-based project between two people, sometimes things go sideways. Whether it is personal chemistry, communication difficulties, or expectations that just do not match, sometimes it is best to just agree to disagree. In these rare cases, buyers have the option to simply stop their communication with a seller or refrain from ordering from them.

We want to provide sellers with similar options. Soon, sellers will have the option to stop communication and orders from certain buyers, all without impacting cancellation percentages or seller rankings. Sellers will see this option from the profile page of any buyer, and can also access the option from their inbox. Once a seller exercises the option, the buyer will not be able to contact or place an order from the seller.

Learn more here!

Trust and Safety First

As a member of the community we want you to speak up when you see something wrong, and we want to create an easier way to do it. Both buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles of any user they feel violate our Terms of Service or operate in a way that hurts the values of our community. Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly, keeping our marketplace in good shape.

Learn more here!

Changes to Level Evaluation

If you stress about the improvements that we are making to the rating system, you should know that a more accurate rating means that the reputation that you build for yourself is stronger and the system can better between your baseline performance and anomalies. For example, sometimes you do your best but still fall short of a buyer’s vision. We recognize that even when rare, these kinds of instances can be stressing. One of the first steps we are taking is to alleviate some of the pressure on sellers. So, beginning with the September evaluation, the rating threshold will be lowered from a 4.8 to 4.7 average in the last 60 days, and the lowest rated order during the period will be removed from the evaluation of the seller.

Feedback That Goes Both Ways

We are moving to a blind feedback system. What this means is that sellers will be asked to provide their feedback working with a buyer before receiving the feedback the buyer left. This is meant to assure feedback that is honest, independent and free from bias. Sellers’ feedback on buyers is extremely important to our ability to keep the integrity of Fiverr and provide sellers with better experience and protection. You can expect additional features in the coming future.

If a seller does not review the buyer from a specific transaction, the buyer’s review will be revealed 10 days after order completion. Once the sides have provided their feedback, their reviews will be made public and will be locked from further changes.

Learn more here!

That’s it for now. More updates will follow. In the meantime, please tell us what you think below!

We are moving to a blind feedback system. What this means is that sellers will be asked to provide their feedback working with a buyer before receiving the feedback the buyer left. This is meant to assure feedback that is honest, independent and free from bias. Sellers’ feedback on buyers is extremely important to our ability to keep the integrity of Fiverr and provide sellers with better experience and protection. You can expect additional features in the coming future.

If a seller does not review the buyer from a specific transaction, the buyer’s review will be revealed 10 days after order completion. Once the sides have provided their feedback, their reviews will be made public and will be locked from further changes.

When will all of this be implemented? Or is this new review system already in place? I think this is a decent system (in my case at least), because I usually only get 5 star reviews, and now that ‘salty’ buyer who left a review without requesting any revisions when I delivered the work properly and promptly doesn’t have to get in the way of my business.

I LOVE THIS! It’s amazing, and I am happy that Fiverr is listening to us and is taking steps to make our lives better. I totally love the block orders from a seller, as there are some that will order just to get revenge and leave a bad review.

And regarding the new evaluation system, you guys made me a 5 star and I will get my level back again. Long story short, I had this rude buyer that left a bad review out of spite because I didn’t agree to do extra work that we didn’t agree upon the custom offer after I delivered to him flawlessly and in time.

Because of him, I wouldn’t get my level back this month. Because of one single rude person. I usually have big orders, therefore I don’t have the advantage of having multiple ratings to cover 1 single one.

But with this new Fiverr update, I’m 5 stars in the last 60 days, which is amazing. I thank them, and I understand the logic behind it. Because sometimes, there are bad people that come to order. And 1 spiteful review doesn’t show the quality of a seller.

My faith in Fiverr is restored. 👏

I consider these are big steps toward improving the quality of this marketplace.

How Fiverr Reviews Work

The buyer has 10 days to leave reviews once the order is marked as complete. Once the buyer leaves a review, you will receive a notification and can leave your own review.Note: You cannot yet see the buyer's review at this stage.Once both the seller and buyer have completed their review or the 10 days have passed, both reviews will be made public. Once reviews have been made public, they cannot be changed.If you do not review a buyer within the 10-day period, you will not be able to add a new review for that order.If you feel that a review left by a user is abusive, a result of a technical error, or violates our Terms of Service, please contact our Customer Support team.

If I understood this correctly, I don’t like this change at all. Almost all negative reviews I have received over 7 years have been because the buyer has been ignorant, ordering without reading the gig’s description and expecting to get something the gig does not provide.

It’s very important for a seller to be able to provide their side of the story, correcting the buyer’s mistake of not reading the description. Otherwise other buyers might also assume the service should offer something the ignorant buyer wanted to buy.

This also goes for other things than ignorant buyers. Every single big, reputable online shop or marketplace allows the seller of the said product to give a response to a feedback, to correct any issues they might have had, which other buyers will also find helpful to know.

It also would look very silly. Let’s imagine a gig that sells bananas 🍌. You can replace the word with anything else you’d like, like articles, pictures or videos.

Ignorant buyer:

I wanted to buy apples, but received bananas! 😡

Seller’s response:

Great experience! I would love to have you as a returning buyer! ❤️

Yet you are saying you take seller protection seriously. This is a turn to the opposite! Unless you are also making changes to what is considered an abusive review, like those that clearly didn’t read the gig’s description.

Or at least change it so that a seller can only assign stars first. And after the buyer’s review is visible, then seller can optionally type in a response, but star rating can’t be changed anymore.

Other changes are awesome!

I’ve had buyers tell me they liked how I responded to the bad reviews and felt it helped them decide to order my gigs.

We really do need to be able to respond. It’s very important. To leave a bad review hanging there which might be based on something that the buyer misunderstood about the gig or seller, without a response or explanation from the seller, does not do a potential buyer any favors about making a choice about buying.

This is going to hurt sales.

Sellers are going to be leaving responses to bad reviews in the next review.

People who are complaining about the review thing.

When you deliver make sure to ask buyer “if you see any problem please do let me know”

That way instead of bad review they will just ask you to fix if there is any mistakes.

When you deliver make sure to ask buyer “if you see any problem please do let me know”

If only all our buyers were reasonable and sane and read the gig descriptions and our messages to them that would work. Alas, they are not always like that.

Feedback That Goes Both Ways

This would be fair enough if we could see the buyer’s rating, so sellers can know if we are dealing with a bad or a good buyer. I hope it is included in the aditional features in the coming future, as they say.

I hope the the new review system will not create more disputes than to solve them.
I once had a buyer that was a bit hard on me through out the job period, but left a very good review and even a tip after the job was completed. It turned out that was his way of handling things and he did have a good intention.

Sometimes in July, I had CS cancelled a ‘Order by Mistake’ job for me, and my stats weren’t affected.

My analytics page still says maintain a 4.8 star rating but maybe they haven’t changed the text yet. Congratulations!

They didn’t change the text right away. My text said 4.8 and suddenly a red bar was no longer red, but green. The next day, it said:

" Maintain a 4.7 star rating, over the course of 60 days"

Ironically, I’m at 4.8 now. Either way, I’m glad Fiverr realizes that 4.8 is 96% (out of 5), 4,7 is 94%, so the standards are still pretty tough, but at least it won’t be so easy for a seller to get demoted over one bad review at the worst possible moment.

Once the sides have provided their feedback, their reviews will be made public and will be locked from further changes.

What happens if the buyer doesn’t provide their feedback?

And what happens if the buyer complains in their feedback, and the seller would like to explain what happened?

I want to know it clearly bro

Can you tell me

Since they do listen: I’m not thrilled with blind feedback, for the same reason as the others who feel that way. We need to be able to explain what happened if something goes wrong or to tell our side of the story. I don’t normally have problems with reviews but I know buyers sometimes leave not only negative but also insulting and accusing reviews. It would be ridiculous if a seller, thinking that everything was going well because they did their job and never heard a peep from the buyer until the order was rated, which happens quite often, left a great review and saw an unfair negative review after that. We need to at least be able to edit it afterwards. Also, as others have already said, buyers like to see how we handle negative reviews.

I think this can lead to many sellers not leaving reviews at all because they don’t want to risk looking like an idiot if something goes wrong. I know the community asked for something like this in order to be able to see buyers’ rating to make selling a bit safer/less annoying. Maybe instead of blind feedback the site could show both reviews on the buyers’ profile, the original one and the response, like on gig pages, or show just the response (after educating sellers, including me, not just to thank their buyers in the reviews but to describe their experience).

This is what I wonder when it comes to the blind review (which I am also not too keen on), how will the gig complete? Does it complete when both parties leave their review? Or, does it complete when the buyer marks his review whether or not the seller leaves one (like right now)?

I like the idea of seeing my review BEFORE I leave feedback because it’s our opportunity to explain what had gone wrong in the review. This blind review could backfire on Fiverr because buyers would have to wonder what in the world happened with two very different reviews - (seller thought one way, buyer another with no chance for rebuttals). This doesn’t make sense to me… also sounds eerily similar to another site I work on,.

Archived