A Commitment to Community: Updates to Our Product

mjensen415

This I agree with 100%! I had a buyer the other day, that was seemingly satisfied with my work, once it was completed and PRIOR to reviewing… asking me about other products I could advertise for them etc… who left a 4 star rating in all 3 categories - along with a pretty detrimental comment. What was crazy was that they then came back, after leaving the review, and wanted me to work with them again! 😫This is an example of where blocking a buyer is a great feature. I don’t want to work with people who don’t have full confidence in my services – on a regular basis.

In a blind feedback situation, I for sure would have rated this buyer 5 stars and added a wonderful comment about my dealings with him or her .🤨

Prior to the monthly evaluations - a 4 star buyer would have been okay with me… BUT not so much now, as too many 4 star ratings can knock you right down in the analytics.

Review

Isn’t that the limit? They leave four stars but are eager to continue placing orders with you!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sooo confused right now. I don’t see any option to block. I only see a report option. This “report” option seems like something I haven’t seen before either. I don’t remember seeing any such options in buyers’ profiles before this.

Maybe they’re still rolling it out? :thinking:

I don’t remember seeing any such options in buyers’ profiles before this.

That’s right, it’s new.

I also got the “report” instead of the “block” option. Maybe it’s needed to report the buyer before blocking?

Edit to add: Or could it be that the “block” option is available once the buyer has ever set an order with the seller?

It’s abuse plain and simple. Narcissists do this.

I think so! But the good thing about it was that - that gig was my lowest priced one, and I was reluctant to change it, because I didn’t want to lose order completion stats – and after this happened - I went back and jacked my price up (just in case he/she was thinking about ordering again.) It will now stay at the price it is, which is more in line with my other gigs, and more in line with the actual work value.:ok_hand:t4:

… Then… this buyer came back and said “Hey I wanted to order again, and noticed your gig costs more… can you confirm, it’s no longer what I paid?”

I just replied back a simple - “Confirmed, have a great day!” lol… 😂

The audacity though!

Anything more direct will feel like a slap in the face. Maybe someone can think of a more gentle way to phrase it.

Maybe someone can think of a more gentle way to phrase it.

Nothing is gentle on Fiverr 👀

Available Now: respond within 5 minutes or you will get penalized.

Deliveries: Delivery is due in 12 hours. DELIVER NOW (which begs for “or get penalized”)

Maybe someone can think of a more gentle way to phrase it.

Nothing is gentle on Fiverr 👀

Available Now: respond within 5 minutes or you will get penalized.

Deliveries: Delivery is due in 12 hours. DELIVER NOW (which begs for “or get penalized”)

Yes it’s all scary. It will be fun to see what happens.

Okay, so I see “Block” only on the profiles of people who have bought a gig from me before, nevermind if “only buyer” or “buyer/seller”.

For a couple seller profiles from this thread which I checked, I see nothing new, neither block nor report.

For some random “buyer only” names I picked from BR to check, I do not see either block or report either.

I’m trying to think why I should be reported… so far I’m drawing a blank.

I guess that’s part of the “faster security” thing, let me find the quote…

Trust and Safety First

As a member of the community we want you to speak up when you see something wrong, and we want to create an easier way to do it. Both buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles of any user they feel violate our Terms of Service or operate in a way that hurts the values of our community. Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly, keeping our marketplace in good shape.

Trust and Safety First

As a member of the community we want you to speak up when you see something wrong, and we want to create an easier way to do it. Both buyers and sellers will be able to quickly report profiles of any user they feel violate our Terms of Service or operate in a way that hurts the values of our community. Our Trust and Safety team will investigate flagged content quickly, keeping our marketplace in good shape.

I guess I will do a scan to find copycats of my gig.

Okay, so I see “Block” only on the profiles of people who have bought a gig from me before, nevermind if “only buyer” or “buyer/seller”.

For a couple seller profiles from this thread which I checked, I see nothing new, neither block nor report.

For some random “buyer only” names I picked from BR to check, I do not see either block or report either.

I only see “Report” on all buyers, whether they have bought from me or chosen from BR. The same is true for all sellers I’ve checked, all of them have the “Report” on their profiles.

70394_1.png mjensen415:

Trust and Safety First

Unless CS starts to work as it should, we all are at risk this could become a witch hunt…

Archived