Buyer Request Marketplace - is it gone?

sophiasta

58 minutes ago, skgyaccountant said:

My friend who is providing an accounting service got 2 briefs today, but I didn't receive a single brief, even though I'm also providing the same services.

Your friend's performance is probably better, then.

59 minutes ago, skgyaccountant said:

freelancers like me who previously performed well, but now are not getting the chance to speak with a potential client

You can still speak with every client who contacts you after finding you in search.

• Like 28

16 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Your friend's performance is probably better, then.

You can still speak with every client who contacts you after finding you in search.

He has new account and don't have any rating yet and I'm a second level seller so no question on performance comparison. LOL

Here my point is why we are not getting equal opportunity? may be a technical issue or may be something else 

• Like 25

On 10/29/2022 at 7:29 AM, skgyaccountant said:

Everyone should be given an equal chance, at the very least for comparable services.

Fiverr wants buyers to have the best possible experience, so briefs go to the most qualified sellers. In your case, Fiverr may send briefs to sellers with a 5-star average review rating. Or perhaps you had a buyer leave you a poor private review.

On 10/29/2022 at 7:29 AM, skgyaccountant said:

If this type of behaviour persists, freelancers like me who previously performed well, but now are not getting the chance to speak with a potential client will have to leave fiverr.

Fiverr's number of sellers doubled in most niches and tripled in some with the onset of the pandemic. I doubt they will miss sellers who choose to leave. 

• Like 26

Fiverr is eliminating Buyer Requests because of the many sellers who abused them. I used them once and was flooded with replies from sellers who did not have the qualifications to do the requested work.

Also, some sellers would promote their services on Buyer Requests even though only other sellers would see them. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Another issue was that when I did use Buyer Requests, I was spammed by sellers who thought they would "jump the line" and contact me directly. As a seller, that aggravated me because I worried that my inbox response rate would suffer if I missed responding to the multitude of spam my Buyer Request caused.

So, the Buyer Request is gone, all thanks to the sellers who abused the system. Now Fiverr is sending briefs to qualified sellers, not those that would respond to every Buyer Request with "I can do" or "Hire me", those that otherwise abused the system.  

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 22

On 10/28/2022 at 2:32 PM, exgr_muhammad said:

Hi, Im level one seller with 7 active web related gigs. Im wondering a few buyer request are shown. Can any one help me what going  on ?

Fiverr is eliminating Buyer Requests because of the many sellers who abused them. I used them once and was flooded with replies from sellers who did not have the qualifications to do the requested work.

Also, some sellers would promote their services on Buyer Requests even though only other sellers would see them. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Another issue was that when I did use Buyer Requests, I was spammed by sellers who thought they would "jump the line" and contact me directly. As a seller, that aggravated me because I worried that my inbox response rate would suffer if I missed responding to the multitude of spam my Buyer Request caused.

So, the Buyer Request is gone, all thanks to the sellers who abused the system. Now Fiverr is sending briefs to qualified sellers, not those that would respond to every Buyer Request with "I can do" or those that otherwise abused the system. 

• Like 27
  • Up 3

On 10/29/2022 at 1:36 PM, munny_0303 said:

Pls explain in details.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:10 PM, sujon10khan said:

can you explain me more 

This link explains all about briefs.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/4415601609361-Get-matched-with-buyers?segment=seller

First Go to the My Business tab and choose "Gigs".

1883567650_Screenshot2022-10-29at1_24_12PM.png.e37a148e9335c5ceb89e1d970a403b4d.png 

Then this window appears and you can use the slider tab to turn on briefs.

1279063327_Screenshot2022-10-29at1_24_32PM.thumb.png.e4f8877b8831bcfe213ed6b119ca380e.png 

You may not qualify to get briefs if you do not have a slider button to enable briefs.

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 23
  • Up 1

22 hours ago, designer_snowdn said:

Is Fiverr shutting down the buyer request page? Because I didn't get a single one, for a week.

Yes, you're correct. Fiverr is in the process of shutting down Buyer Requests. This will be replaced with Buyer Briefs, so please make sure the "Get brief" option is on and a minimum price is set on you Gig page.

• Like 23