Account Flagged After Submitting EU Tax Information

robugc

Question

Hi Fiverr Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I recently encountered an issue with my account that I could really use some help with.

A few days ago, my account was flagged by the level system, and I'm quite puzzled as to why. Interestingly, this happened shortly after I submitted my EU tax information. I wasn't notified about the flagging; I only noticed a decline in impressions, which suggests that my services might not be visible to potential buyers.

I have two main questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation where their account was flagged after submitting tax information?
2. Why does this happen? I'm struggling to understand the reasons behind my account being flagged. When I reached out to Fiverr support, they mentioned "location inconsistencies" and the possibility of me using additional accounts, which is not the case.

I'd really appreciate it if you could share your experiences or insights on this matter. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Robugc

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

6 answers to this question

Nah, they just disable your account if you are not in compliance with DAC7.

Are you living in a different country to where your EU tax details are, or do you often use a VPN that shows you in another location when you use Fiverr? That's what location inconsistency boils down to. IRRC Fiverr also whacks people for "associations" with others who have broken the rule. I believe that's a vague way to get people for multiple accounts without saying so.

Your only option is to contact CS and explain why you aren't location inconsistent.

• Like 6

It's... what, 12 hours later and the one useful comment hasn't been approved here.

Why is that? Isn't this forum meant to help people and act, partially, as a cheap replacement for CS while also being proof of "community" and "engagement" to wow and woo investors with?

Hm? Now, why wouldn't all of the comments be approved in one go? Is there a limit? Is there some sort of hierarchy and second opinion? Did more other important tasks come up? I am interested. I suppose it is difficult - I may be entangled in a neverending web of spam.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, emmaki said:

Hm? Now, why wouldn't all of the comments be approved in one go? Is there a limit? Is there some sort of hierarchy and second opinion? Did more other important tasks come up?

No limit that I'm aware of. I think it's just because it's the weekend, and I guess there aren't as many Fiverr forum staff, or volunteer mods around.

• Like 4

That is my guess too, but I find it curious that not all the posts were done in one go (notwithstanding rule violations). Of course, the weird double posting issue does make 50% more work... 

Anyway, no worries. I'm quite enjoying myself with this hidden stuff, especially on posts where it's the only useful answer with explanation and guidance. I don't mean that discourteously - it's just a simple fact. The phrase "hoist by one's own petard" comes to mind. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Indeed, it's bad luck that my posts are hidden.

Not for me, of course. I already know the things. It's the people who could be helped by my things that have the bad luck.

Reminds me of that bible quote: "there are none so blind who cannot see".

Bad luck, indeed...

• Like 3