Buyer Request Marketplace - is it gone?

sophiasta

I've clicked through a couple of times on "post request" but it seems that the only option open to me is the matching program, and that my request can't be viewed publicly in what I've seen described (when I did a Google search) as a Marketplace. 

My request is sort of custom with a weird overlap across areas (Resume & LinkedIn profile help -  for seeking entry level work in Entertainment - for a SAHM who had a PhD in a mental health profession and had a detailed CV - but it's 15 years old....and I -just- joined LinkedIn....) and I don't entirely trust the AI? I'm afraid that the algorithm isn't necessarily going to put my request in front of the person who fits best, but instead just send me matches for "resume writers." So far the only contact that I have gotten has gigs posted for "I will write __ for you." Rather, I need a review and recommendations for improvement (ideally from someone familiar with the entertainment industry).

Maybe I'm missing something, apologies in advance. I checked Google and searched the forums and couldn't find a straight answer....

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, dana__b said:

I'm afraid that the algorithm isn't necessarily going to put my request in front of the person who fits best,

Hi @dana__b, you're correct, I was one of the sellers that was "matched" to your brief.

I did consider your brief since I love writing resumes and profiles for career changers and SAHM's. I'm a career changer myself, having transitioned from 17 years as a food scientist to doing data entry, writing resumes, and offering other services on Fiverr. I love my work now because it allows me to work from home and be there for my kids.

I feel that a PhD in Psychology transitioning to a career in the music industry is not a long shot, especially with your volunteer experience in concert and live music. Music and psychology are deeply intertwined, since music is meant to evoke certain emotions and enhance the quality and overall enjoyment of its listeners. So there's a lot of fun connections you can weave into your resume and profile to show off those qualifications.

However, I also noted your strong plea to the music industry, which is one of the reasons why I declined your brief. I do review and optimize resumes for those in the music industry and production, but I'm not specifically in the music industry. So I thought it was best for you to explore working with those sellers first.  You can type in "resume for music" or "entertainment resume" to hopefully find sellers who are more in line with what you are looking for.

I have better luck using Fiver's search than submitting Buyer Requests or Buyer Briefs, because like you said, sometimes you get sellers who aren't the best matches for what you are looking for (they only happen to be in the category that you selected).

• Like 20

On 10/15/2022 at 8:07 PM, vickieito said:

Hi @dana__b, you're correct, I was one of the sellers that was "matched" to your brief.

Thanks so much for your detailed reply! Based on your reply here and a look at your services, then perhaps it did its job in terms of getting it in front of someone who could be helpful for my needs - and the problem lies in "user error" LOL - that there probably is an art to writing (making?) buyer briefs, and in choosing what requests to explicitly make. I definitely have a few options to pursue such as thinking about rewriting my brief or reaching out to specific sellers who may be "close" but not exactly what I had in mind ;).

• Like 10

On 10/17/2022 at 1:13 AM, lijon12 said:

how can i see this request please tell me

The Buyer Request section is being removed from Fiverr. You will soon not see it at all. 

On 10/16/2022 at 10:03 PM, disantiu said:

how do I get the offers from buyers to offer my services?

You don't. The entire Buyer Request feature is in the process of being removed from Fiverr. 

• Like 92
  • Sad 3
  • Up 6

Yes, buyer request section has been withdrawn by the fiverr team frrom mobile apps but its still available if youre using fiverr website (attached an file) but i am afraid its available for all the sellers or not. however, you will receive job briefs from buyer based on your categories and skills that matched with your given gigs. you will discover more regarding this if you go through this article: Fiverr Help and Education Center

Screenshot - 2022-10-17T200239.117.png

• Like 31

Hi,

I am Fawad Web Developer new in fiver but have 3 years of experience in local market. When I come first two week in fiverr receive message from buyer, I am publish 4 gig but now a days I don't receive any message from buyer.

Kindly check my profile what problem there in my profile.

• Like 99
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1