Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

If you really must edit/change something, I suggest changing your profile picture if it is the same you are using for your gigs. T-shirt is fine and creative, but your haircut subconsciously gives a vibe of messy and disorganized. Try a clean cut look, it works wonders.

your haircut subconsciously gives a vibe of messy and disorganized. Try a clean cut look, it works wonders.

No, he should grow a beard instead - works well for Frank and I. Clearly that is what it must be, it couldn’t be any of the info in this thread. The algorithm now punishes clean shaven guys.

• Like 38

your haircut subconsciously gives a vibe of messy and disorganized. Try a clean cut look, it works wonders.

No, he should grow a beard instead - works well for Frank and I. Clearly that is what it must be, it couldn’t be any of the info in this thread. The algorithm now punishes clean shaven guys.

Darn it Eoin, are you giving away the secret??

• Like 40

Darn it Eoin, are you giving away the secret??

Sorry Frank, but we have monopolized Fiverr for too long. I appreciate that you spent a lot of time on this thread to throw them off the scent but the people need answers.

People - note that your success begins the day you stop shaving and the longer it grows, the more successful you will be. Look at @vibronx as another example - he has just hit 500 orders and he just has designer stubble.

• Like 38

Sorry Frank, but we have monopolized Fiverr for too long. I appreciate that you spent a lot of time on this thread to throw them off the scent but the people need answers.

People - note that your success begins the day you stop shaving and the longer it grows, the more successful you will be. Look at @vibronx as another example - he has just hit 500 orders and he just has designer stubble.

There go my plans to groom the next TRS via my private slack channel.

• Like 38

Yes, that is why I always grow my beard out when I have a lot of orders in queue! It is an important step to keep the momentum going!

• Like 39

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frank ! How are you doing?

I´m Miquel from barcelona (Spain)

I´m a Top Rated Seller in the “Producer Composers” area ! Always in first page and rocking all the time !

All of the sudden ( Like 5 months ago) I start experiencing going to the page 10th or 11th (No further I have to say) I couldn´t figure out why this was happening !

I readed your post and is absolutly incredible Frank ! I think you nailed 👍

Everything you say in this post make a lot of sense to me !

Beacuse I always have a lot of work, I´m asking for time extensions and delivering almost always 2 hours before the dead line 😅

I´m not really very agree that Fiver with this new engine 3.0 has this filosofy of chossing the sellers that should be in first positions !

I think Fiverr should value sellers for their performance, even though of course, how they can really tell that the reviews are 100% acurate? :thinking:

I have 577 reviews right now ! So, how to decide wich gigs will be on top ?

As you said Frank ! … They couldn´t just taking for grant that all the reviews are 100%
for real and it would be so dificult to have people working listening all works you do for clientes
making sure that yes !!! This guy composed real good stuff ! That would be crazy right? 😅

So, easy peasy…what they did ? Exactly what you said Frank ! They now have in consideration:

• Delivering as soon is posible
  • Not asking for Time extensions requests
  • Not cancelations
  • Responding to order updates as soon as posible !

(At least this is what I understood from your post and make all the sense of the world)

But still some questions not answered! Why, (For example in my case) Fiverr just take me to the
page 10th and not further ?..Then of all the sudden take me to page 1 again… and then to page 10th and so on ! … Wich is the algorithm that dedicdes this ? …

The Fiverr algorithm says "This guy goes to the page 10th or 11th. Not further) … Wired isn´t ?

I think that the good news is that in other hand, having people deciding your good performance could take them to decisions unfair for the sellers !

So they made it easy 😉

Frank, once again thank you so much for this incredible post and congratulations !

Warm regards 🙏
Miquel Pardo (Miquelinet)

• Like 36

Hi Frank ! How are you doing?

I´m Miquel from barcelona (Spain)

I´m a Top Rated Seller in the “Producer Composers” area ! Always in first page and rocking all the time !

All of the sudden ( Like 5 months ago) I start experiencing going to the page 10th or 11th (No further I have to say) I couldn´t figure out why this was happening !

I readed your post and is absolutly incredible Frank ! I think you nailed 👍

Everything you say in this post make a lot of sense to me !

Beacuse I always have a lot of work, I´m asking for time extensions and delivering almost always 2 hours before the dead line 😅

I´m not really very agree that Fiver with this new engine 3.0 has this filosofy of chossing the sellers that should be in first positions !

I think Fiverr should value sellers for their performance, even though of course, how they can really tell that the reviews are 100% acurate? :thinking:

I have 577 reviews right now ! So, how to decide wich gigs will be on top ?

As you said Frank ! … They couldn´t just taking for grant that all the reviews are 100%

for real and it would be so dificult to have people working listening all works you do for clientes

making sure that yes !!! This guy composed real good stuff ! That would be crazy right? 😅

So, easy peasy…what they did ? Exactly what you said Frank ! They now have in consideration:

• Delivering as soon is posible
  • Not asking for Time extensions requests
  • Not cancelations
  • Responding to order updates as soon as posible !

(At least this is what I understood from your post and make all the sense of the world)

But still some questions not answered! Why, (For example in my case) Fiverr just take me to the

page 10th and not further ?..Then of all the sudden take me to page 1 again… and then to page 10th and so on ! … Wich is the algorithm that dedicdes this ? …

The Fiverr algorithm says "This guy goes to the page 10th or 11th. Not further) … Wired isn´t ?

I think that the good news is that in other hand, having people deciding your good performance could take them to decisions unfair for the sellers !

So they made it easy 😉

Frank, once again thank you so much for this incredible post and congratulations !

Warm regards 🙏

Miquel Pardo (Miquelinet)

how they can really tell that the reviews are 100% acurate? :thinking:

I am a seller on Fiverr, but I also buy services here. When a buyer completes an order, they have the option to give not only the review that we all see, but they also can create a secret review, which I suspect may be different and possibly more honest than the review that appears on our profiles. Therefore, if your recent secret review(s) are not as stellar as your visible reviews, then that may be a cause for you to be moved back in the search.

Also, have you joined the new Seller Plus program? I have gained much knowledge from it. If you are not a member you can read about it here 🔽

When you’re busy perfecting every task, it’s hard to give your Gig the attention it deserves. Today we are launching Seller Plus – a special program that will connect you with a personal Seller Success Manager who will offer expert guidance to boost your business as a seller on Fiverr.
What are the other benefits of Seller Plus? Enhance your Gig’s visibility, with expert advice on the right keywords and pricingIncrease your chances to qualify …
  • Like 32

how they can really tell that the reviews are 100% acurate? :thinking:

I am a seller on Fiverr, but I also buy services here. When a buyer completes an order, they have the option to give not only the review that we all see, but they also can create a secret review, which I suspect may be different and possibly more honest than the review that appears on our profiles. Therefore, if your recent secret review(s) are not as stellar as your visible reviews, then that may be a cause for you to be moved back in the search.

Also, have you joined the new Seller Plus program? I have gained much knowledge from it. If you are not a member you can read about it here 🔽

When you’re busy perfecting every task, it’s hard to give your Gig the attention it deserves. Today we are launching Seller Plus – a special program that will connect you with a personal Seller Success Manager who will offer expert guidance to boost your business as a seller on Fiverr.
What are the other benefits of Seller Plus? Enhance your Gig’s visibility, with expert advice on the right keywords and pricingIncrease your chances to qualify …

Hi vickiespencer !

Thank you so much for your advice ! I really aprecaite it 🙏

Kind regards,

Miquel.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Funnily enough I have never used the search feature. Browsing a category and sorting gigs by rating has been way easier.

As for delivering before the 12 hours reminder, I have allowed the timer to drop below that lately because I miss getting notifications from fiverr due to gigs being on last pages and orders being rare. It’s also demoralizing to see only one or two orders in queue, when I used to have 20-100 orders in queue all the time for 8 years. And I’ve only seen an improvement afterwards for delivering after the reminder (Probably only due to the promoted gigs feature being eligible again suddenly).

But the service in question is kinda the opposite of a typical gig. The longer I wait before delivering it, the longer the service lasts typically. But I don’t think Fiverr takes such things into calculations.

• Like 28

Contacted the support once again and below is what they mentioned this time, I guess @frank_d observations were correct:

Please do your best to maintain a quick and timely response to watch messages and communications. Deliver on time without unnecessary revisions. Provide high-quality work on every delivery. Be responsive to your clients’ revision requests and always make sure that your buyers leave happy.

Also, there is another thing from their reply:

You’ll be able to offer more services and gain more exposure with every course completed.

Does this mean we have to purchase a course to get more exposure? This does seem fair. So first we had to pay them (promoted gig features) for exposure now purchase the course?

• Like 29

Contacted the support once again and below is what they mentioned this time, I guess @frank_d observations were correct:

Please do your best to maintain a quick and timely response to watch messages and communications. Deliver on time without unnecessary revisions. Provide high-quality work on every delivery. Be responsive to your clients’ revision requests and always make sure that your buyers leave happy.

Also, there is another thing from their reply:

You’ll be able to offer more services and gain more exposure with every course completed.

Does this mean we have to purchase a course to get more exposure? This does seem fair. So first we had to pay them (promoted gig features) for exposure now purchase the course?

Does this mean we have to purchase a course to get more exposure?

I read it as that with each course you take you will have more knowledge and therefore apply it to your gig and profile. Also, with the knowledge you gain you could perhaps offer a new service(s) and thus get more exposure.

@pvitalsolutions Are you in the Seller Plus program? I see you are level one and I thought Fiverr was only taking level two and above sellers, so I am curious.

• Like 28

Does this mean we have to purchase a course to get more exposure?

I read it as that with each course you take you will have more knowledge and therefore apply it to your gig and profile. Also, with the knowledge you gain you could perhaps offer a new service(s) and thus get more exposure.

@pvitalsolutions Are you in the Seller Plus program? I see you are level one and I thought Fiverr was only taking level two and above sellers, so I am curious.

That can be one explanation of the above, but it looks like that purchase a course and get exposure.

Are you in the Seller Plus program?

No I am not, Why do you think that I am in Seller Plus program? :thinking:

• Like 28

On 4/22/2021 at 3:27 PM, kreaturefx said:

I mean who has time to read these long posts anyways Just to get engagement?

Nope, it was written to offer good advice. But don’t tell anyone else that. Then those of us who read it will have all of these useful strategies to ourselves.

BTW my sales have improved through taking the advice in this thread. And as far as engagement, the OP does not need it.

On 4/22/2021 at 3:54 PM, ahmwritingco said:

I’m guessing everybody does, because the people who don’t read these posts still seem to find an incredible amount of time to create threads complaining about their lack of orders.

Yes, there are answers in this thread in plain site for sellers to use to get more sales. But they do not even take the time read them.

Many of these types of sellers want quick tips and tricks when there are none.

• Like 41

If It is that so, Then I am afraid that Fiverr is going to lose its most potent and reliable sellers although Fiverr has introduced new options as “Fiverr recommendations” but it’s just for top buyers I haven’t seen yet for new sellers, and In this way of searching engine services the new sellers’ cants make room on the Fiverr platform.

• Like 29

If It is that so, Then I am afraid that Fiverr is going to lose its most potent and reliable sellers although Fiverr has introduced new options as “Fiverr recommendations” but it’s just for top buyers I haven’t seen yet for new sellers, and In this way of searching engine services the new sellers’ cants make room on the Fiverr platform.

Then I am afraid that Fiverr is going to lose its most potent and reliable sellers

I think Fiverr has plenty of new sellers. They are not worried about losing some of them.

Since the pandemic began the number of sellers on the platform has drastically increased. When I first began in 2017 there were less than 25,886 gigs for writers. Now there are 131,338 of them.

If you do the math that is 5 times as many writing gigs as before the pandemic. I doubt the buyers have increased by that amount!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

I mean who has time to read these long ass posts anyways 😕 Just to get engagement?

Well, if reading is too difficult a task to potentially get some helpful insight into the possible workings of Fiverr, then I guess fumbling and stumbling in the dark is the easier alternative.

• Like 32
  • Up 1

Hi @frank_d !
Your post was so much informative. I was on the process of creating gigs based on keywords. Thanks for clearing the keyword misconception.

But here comes another confusion for me !
I was targeting few keywords (lets count the keywords as :Wordpress Website, Website Design and Full Website Creation) for now.

Thus, based on the keywords and my small-head research, the intent of the gig comes something like: I will design or create a full Wordpess Website. (Here the title is completely based on keywords only, whether the seller knows anything about wordpress or not 😄).

But according to your words, Fiverr 3.0 doesn’t rank gigs that are based on keywords only. So, in this case, what can be the gig intent. (I mean: if it is not based on keywords then how will the title/gig intent be)?

Will you provide this solution please? It will really help me a lot to do a proper research on Gigs, rather than collecting low intent keywords only.

& Thank You Again @frank_d, for such information.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

So I think the algorithm filters the sellers with poorer metrics to the buyers that are least likely to buy. And the sellers considered high-value / good metrics are filtered to the buyers who are most likely to buy.

I say this because when I search for something that I’ve bought before, or something similiar, all the top rows are top rated sellers with amazing ratings. Fiverr sees I’m very likely to buy based of my buying history so they give me the best possible sellers with a lower likelehood of cancellation, lateness or poor experience.

If I search for something I would never even consider buying all the top rows are sellers with low ratings. Fiverr ses I’m not likely to buy this service as i’ve never even bought anything similiar, so they give me the more low-value sellers, so that they are not wasting all their good leads on the crappier sellers.

This would make sense for fiverr. Because they don’t want to send traffic that’s highly likely to convert to a seller that is at risk of cancelling the order and losing the money, providing poor customer experience or just generally making the buyer unhappy.

So the low value sellers performance wise get the scraps. The bad leads that aren’t likely to convert. And the best sellers get the cream of the crop, the ones that are most likely to buy and spend MORE.

This would explain why impressions and clicks are not down but sales are. Because they are sending just as much traffic to you, it’s just low-value traffic because your performance is seen as low.

• Like 35

After selecting the fiverr promotion thing for one of my gigs that was eligible, it says unqualified for promotion and all my gigs disappeared to the last page. For one month now, my impression ratings is dropping drastically and I haven’t gotten a single click. This is definitely a bug. I have contacted CS and they can’t help. Has anyone experienced this?

• Like 31

After selecting the fiverr promotion thing for one of my gigs that was eligible, it says unqualified for promotion and all my gigs disappeared to the last page. For one month now, my impression ratings is dropping drastically and I haven’t gotten a single click. This is definitely a bug. I have contacted CS and they can’t help. Has anyone experienced this?

For one month now, my impression ratings is dropping drastically

It might have been because of a rating you received around a month ago. Maybe other dashboard/analytics stats changed. Maybe the conversion rate (messages received to orders created) lowered or just there weren’t enough recent orders so it lowered ranks of gigs. I had a message about gigs being ineligible for promotion after my level dropped (I think when it went to level 0) but that might also be because of change in gig/profile stats (though your main gig does seem to pass the stated requirements for gig promotion - though we don’t know what is required for “You meet additional quality metrics”).

• Like 30

I dont know what to think about it… I didnt perfrom that well in dec-january-febuary becasue i didnt pay attention to fiverr but this month i made around 50-60 orders and still cant find myself when i use search engine. But can see a bunch of people without reviews or with like 1 🙂

I read like 2 stories about people who also dissapire from search engine but after a few months like 4 they were back on the 1st page its weird!

• Like 32

I dont know what to think about it… I didnt perfrom that well in dec-january-febuary becasue i didnt pay attention to fiverr but this month i made around 50-60 orders and still cant find myself when i use search engine. But can see a bunch of people without reviews or with like 1 🙂

I read like 2 stories about people who also dissapire from search engine but after a few months like 4 they were back on the 1st page its weird!

Yeahhhh. This is what I find too. It seems totally random a lot of the time. I’ve been shoved to the last page randomly along with my competitors a bunch of times. Then replaced with people who have terrible reviews. And I mean terrible. One time they had less than 4.9. It makes no sense as my replacements on the search rankings would have barley ANY orders in the que due to the bad reviews. So like fiverr would’ve been losing money. Why would they do this :s

I would’ve thought that it would be a matter of how much money you bring into the site but obviously not.

• Like 34