Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

It might be wiser to invest in computer chips and GPUs rather than solving Fiverr’s SERP and algorithm mystery. 🙂

Deep learning changes the way the algorithm works literally every moment. There is just one goal, making more money.

It might be wiser to invest in computer chips and GPUs rather than solving Fiverr’s SERP and algorithm mystery.

Maybe they could help solve it (if that was allowed) 🙂

Deep learning changes the way the algorithm works literally every moment.

Though I’m not totally sure Fiverr uses deep learning (neural networks). They do use machine learning.

There is just one goal, making more money.

It’s probably mostly that. Though there may be other things too (like reducing the chance of cancellations, eg. lowering rank for cancellations even for sellers where they could on average be earning a lot more than those who cancel less).

• Like 26

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

With a logged out browser without quotes it shows up as the 2nd result for me when I just tried it.

When I searched again/refreshed the page it moved about but stayed in the first 2 rows.

• Like 25

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

If anyone else could search “brand story” and tell me where my gig pops up it would be mega appreciated!

It shows up on the 4th spot for me on Chrome in Incognito mode. Dude just take it easy for a bit. Fiverr might not be doing their daily promotions or the algorithm may just be taking time to learn or whatever - we don’t have control over it. All you can do is continue doing the best you can - that’s what I’m trying for now. Give it a couple of days instead of freaking out about it on the forums.

• Like 25

A great match is when:

A) a seller offers something relative to what the buyer is searching for

and

B) a seller has great “performance”

But isn’t this what it’s always been like? If this was the case, then high performing sellers with relevant gigs would always be at the top for those keywords. If these are the metrics then why are the results different for each individual buyer? A buyers performance and gig relevance will always stay at whatever level it’s currently and relevancy when searching the keywords that explain teh gigs offering… How does who the buyer is affect these metrics…

Hey everyone, jumping right to it!

But isn’t this what it’s always been like?

No it hasn’t always been like this.

The key difference is that Fiverr now heavily tracks buyers behavior and spending habits.

Another key difference is, that Fiverr also changed how it perceives your performance as a seller.

So in Fiverr 2.0, all it took for you to rank was to just have a great conversion ratio, and a high percentage of positive reviews.

Now, you also need to not cancel orders, and maintain a high “buyer satisfaction” rate, which is a whole new algorithm on its own.

Also, as I always say: “relevance is key”. It doesn’t matter how high your buyer satisfaction rate is if what you are offering seems irrelevant to Fiverr’s algo. So if you feel like all your orders are being completed successfully, and your conversion rate is high, but you are experiencing long periods of time with no sales, you’d probably need to revisit your title, tags and description, in that order.

I am wondering if starting a new gig would have a positive effect, or if it could hurt my stats more. Does anyone here have experience with this during a rut?

A new gig, one created to abide by the new guidelines, would actually provide your profile with a small boost. If buyers like the new gig, that boost will grow.

And if 3.0 does not like it when a seller does not convert prospects into buyers that is harmful to my account! :roll_eyes:

OK so this is where I have some new data. Turns out that while it does make sense for Fiverr to keep track of which prospects are converted to buyers via our inbox, it is not as important as I originally thought.

It’s also quite complicated to calculate as whoever messages you, does so after clicking on your gig. So my new data -and maybe even an answer from a Fiverr staffer 🤐- shows that it’s not as important and we shouldn’t expect a drop in sales if we have people messaging us and then not buying.

So are you telling me that different customers see the gigs in a different order?

Yes that’s precisely right. Location, spending habits, track record, and a lot more stuff are being taken into account from the buyer side of things, before search results are displayed.

Top performers will still appear as if they have their spot “locked down”, which is what makes some of you believe that results are not dynamic.

Please understand that top performers will always “outrank” everyone else.

Also please understand that searching for your gig will show you a really skewed POV. (same goes for asking us, other sellers, to search on your behalf)

Well, FYI you can manipulate the Fiverr algorithm to appear at first page quite easily.

I don’t think that’s the case, however, if you have proof of something you did, and can replicate it, please contact me either on this thread or via PM.

How do you know this to be true? What suggests this will be the case?

I have bounced back several times in the past year, went from weeks with no messages/orders, to having so many projects I couldn’t take on anything new.

Hopefully, @frank_d could chime in on this because right now this doesn’t really feel “fair”.

Please view my response to Vickie above, my new set of data suggests, you have nothing to fear about irrelevant messages that you have to turn down.

Like I said, I am experiencing a new lull in sales myself right now.

I spoke with my SM and she said that everything appears A-OK in regards to my metrics, but my conversion rate was very low (when compared to my median performance)

This may indicate that conversion bears more weight.

It also appears to explain why TRS users were hit simultaneously, as if your pricing is higher, your conversion rate will always be lower.

(Fiverr used to serve your gigs up to everyone, a lot of people clicked, then they decided you were to expensive for their taste.)

I also have a new juicy piece of the puzzle figured out: if you are getting messages from Fiverr Business accounts, it means your performance is above a certain threshold, which means you are doing great! 😉

Remember: Fiverr wants to make better matches and avoid cancellations.

P.S. If you had a gig that was performing well, but suddenly your impressions fell off a cliff, and you didn’t have a negative experience with a buyer, you should consider editing your gig to become more relevant. Buyers may be looking for what you do, but use different terms to search.

• Like 35

Hey everyone, jumping right to it!

But isn’t this what it’s always been like?

No it hasn’t always been like this.

The key difference is that Fiverr now heavily tracks buyers behavior and spending habits.

Another key difference is, that Fiverr also changed how it perceives your performance as a seller.

So in Fiverr 2.0, all it took for you to rank was to just have a great conversion ratio, and a high percentage of positive reviews.

Now, you also need to not cancel orders, and maintain a high “buyer satisfaction” rate, which is a whole new algorithm on its own.

Also, as I always say: “relevance is key”. It doesn’t matter how high your buyer satisfaction rate is if what you are offering seems irrelevant to Fiverr’s algo. So if you feel like all your orders are being completed successfully, and your conversion rate is high, but you are experiencing long periods of time with no sales, you’d probably need to revisit your title, tags and description, in that order.

I am wondering if starting a new gig would have a positive effect, or if it could hurt my stats more. Does anyone here have experience with this during a rut?

A new gig, one created to abide by the new guidelines, would actually provide your profile with a small boost. If buyers like the new gig, that boost will grow.

And if 3.0 does not like it when a seller does not convert prospects into buyers that is harmful to my account! :roll_eyes:

OK so this is where I have some new data. Turns out that while it does make sense for Fiverr to keep track of which prospects are converted to buyers via our inbox, it is not as important as I originally thought.

It’s also quite complicated to calculate as whoever messages you, does so after clicking on your gig. So my new data -and maybe even an answer from a Fiverr staffer 🤐- shows that it’s not as important and we shouldn’t expect a drop in sales if we have people messaging us and then not buying.

So are you telling me that different customers see the gigs in a different order?

Yes that’s precisely right. Location, spending habits, track record, and a lot more stuff are being taken into account from the buyer side of things, before search results are displayed.

Top performers will still appear as if they have their spot “locked down”, which is what makes some of you believe that results are not dynamic.

Please understand that top performers will always “outrank” everyone else.

Also please understand that searching for your gig will show you a really skewed POV. (same goes for asking us, other sellers, to search on your behalf)

Well, FYI you can manipulate the Fiverr algorithm to appear at first page quite easily.

I don’t think that’s the case, however, if you have proof of something you did, and can replicate it, please contact me either on this thread or via PM.

How do you know this to be true? What suggests this will be the case?

I have bounced back several times in the past year, went from weeks with no messages/orders, to having so many projects I couldn’t take on anything new.

Hopefully, @frank_d could chime in on this because right now this doesn’t really feel “fair”.

Please view my response to Vickie above, my new set of data suggests, you have nothing to fear about irrelevant messages that you have to turn down.

Like I said, I am experiencing a new lull in sales myself right now.

I spoke with my SM and she said that everything appears A-OK in regards to my metrics, but my conversion rate was very low (when compared to my median performance)

This may indicate that conversion bears more weight.

It also appears to explain why TRS users were hit simultaneously, as if your pricing is higher, your conversion rate will always be lower.

(Fiverr used to serve your gigs up to everyone, a lot of people clicked, then they decided you were to expensive for their taste.)

I also have a new juicy piece of the puzzle figured out: if you are getting messages from Fiverr Business accounts, it means your performance is above a certain threshold, which means you are doing great! 😉

Remember: Fiverr wants to make better matches and avoid cancellations.

P.S. If you had a gig that was performing well, but suddenly your impressions fell off a cliff, and you didn’t have a negative experience with a buyer, you should consider editing your gig to become more relevant. Buyers may be looking for what you do, but use different terms to search.

Wait, so you’re telling me as someone who has maintained consistent 5-star reviews, no late deliveries ever, with almost every other client returning within a month, and has had only 1 cancelation this year that still doesn’t qualify my gig for business buers?

Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed this too. TRS with higher-priced gigs compared to TRS with lower-priced gigs seem to have fewer orders than they used to (at least last time when I checked in on them.)

• Like 25

Wait, so you’re telling me as someone who has maintained consistent 5-star reviews, no late deliveries ever, with almost every other client returning within a month, and has had only 1 cancelation this year that still doesn’t qualify my gig for business buers?

Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed this too. TRS with higher-priced gigs compared to TRS with lower-priced gigs seem to have fewer orders than they used to (at least last time when I checked in on them.)

I take it that you haven’t had any messages from FB accounts.

That’s not actually saying anything about your performance, when you are offering a single gig that -from where I stand- the average FB account wouldn’t actually search for.

I was shown a sneak peek of what FB users see on their end, and it’s NOT the same interface as typical buyers. They can see all verticals, but not all subcategories.

I wasn’t able to memorize which subcategories were absent, so please don’t ask. 🙂

I know what you are offering, and I also know what the “typical” FB user persona is, and again from my POV, there may not be a lot of overlap currently.

So there’s no reason to believe that you are not performing well.

P.S. You need to disassociate the term “performance” with the three bars you see on your profile. 🙂

• Like 29

That’s not actually saying anything about your performance, when you are offering a single gig that -from where I stand- the average FB account wouldn’t actually search for.

I was shown a sneak peek of what FB users see on their end, and it’s NOT the same interface as typical buyers. They can see all verticals, but not all subcategories.

I wasn’t able to memorize which subcategories were absent, so please don’t ask. 🙂

I know what you are offering, and I also know what the “typical” FB user persona is, and again from my POV, there may not be a lot of overlap currently.

P.S. You need to disassociate the term “performance” with the three bars you see on your profile. 🙂

You need to disassociate the term “performance” with the three bars you see on your profile.

Thank you for the concise response. So is this performance based over the last 60 days or your lifetime on fiverr? I worry if I’m ever gonna bounce back. Once fiverr lowers your gig it seems you never get back up.

• Like 25

Yeah, sorry about that. Kinda freaked out there for a bit. It’s been a rough week.

I do try to do that I just thought I’d add them just in case. Thanks for clearing that up though. I think all these changes just reinforce the idea that I need to brand out a bit.

As always, thank you for going above and beyond for helping all of us out.

• Like 27

You need to disassociate the term “performance” with the three bars you see on your profile.

Thank you for the concise response. So is this performance based over the last 60 days or your lifetime on fiverr? I worry if I’m ever gonna bounce back. Once fiverr lowers your gig it seems you never get back up.

In my personal experience, bouncing back was close to impossible before this alleged update.

This performance is once again calculated on a 60-day cycle. It’s not lifetime.

Again my recommendation to you would be to revisit your gig’s titles, tags, description, if you experienced a heavy drop but didn’t have a recent bad experience with a buyer.

• Like 25

Though Fiverr business offers a “Curated freelancer catalog”. So it seems like it’s people at Fiverr curating the gigs/freelancers that will get shown to those with a Fiverr business account, and maybe the ones they curate have some stats they have to match.

From the business page:

That’s exactly what Fiverr Business has set out to guarantee by designing a unique catalog of exclusively business-relevant, top-tier freelancers

I wasn’t able to memorize which subcategories were absent,

I think Lifestyle was one that was missing.

• Like 24

Though Fiverr business offers a “Curated freelancer catalog”. So it seems like it’s people at Fiverr curating the gigs/freelancers that will get shown to those with a Fiverr business account, and maybe the ones they curate have some stats they have to match.

From the business page:

That’s exactly what Fiverr Business has set out to guarantee by designing a unique catalog of exclusively business-relevant, top-tier freelancers

I wasn’t able to memorize which subcategories were absent,

I think Lifestyle was one that was missing.

OK so here’s how FB works:

they have a dedicated SM of their own.

(spoiler alert: there is some overlap between their SMs and ours)

So while they are able to search on their own, it makes more sense for them to have their SM find the right match. (which is exactly why they pay for this service)

Their SM, picks from a large pool of high performing sellers. The same sellers who populate search results when a FB account searches on their own.

(once again, buyer satisfaction+performance+relevance are the criteria they rely on)

It is also completely up to the SM to suggest a seller that they have personally worked with and can vouch for. (again from the same high-performing pool)

• Like 25

In my personal experience, bouncing back was close to impossible before this alleged update.

This performance is once again calculated on a 60-day cycle. It’s not lifetime.

Again my recommendation to you would be to revisit your gig’s titles, tags, description, if you experienced a heavy drop but didn’t have a recent bad experience with a buyer.

Thanks! So your saying bouncing back is doable on fiverr 3.0? How long do you think it will take me if I improve the metrics of the new peformance requirments tremendously?

• Like 25

Thanks! So your saying bouncing back is doable on fiverr 3.0? How long do you think it will take me if I improve the metrics of the new peformance requirments tremendously?

Yes, that’s what I am saying.

I have no idea how long it would take for you, as I don’t know if you are experiencing a drop due to “buyer satisfaction” issues or because your gigs are not indexed properly due to their tags and titles.

• Like 24

Yes, that’s what I am saying.

I have no idea how long it would take for you, as I don’t know if you are experiencing a drop due to “buyer satisfaction” issues or because your gigs are not indexed properly due to their tags and titles.

Thanks so much for the info it’s really appreciated and I’m sorry if I keep bugging you.

But say it’s “buyer satisfaction” do you think a few months of high performance will fix it?

What happens if like loads of gigs are peforming high, how do they decide which high peforming sellers to put to the top?

• Like 26

Thanks so much for the info it’s really appreciated and I’m sorry if I keep bugging you.

But say it’s “buyer satisfaction” do you think a few months of high performance will fix it?

What happens if like loads of gigs are peforming high, how do they decide which high peforming sellers to put to the top?

Remember how I keep saying “relevance is key”?

• Like 24

But say the problem with my ranking is “buyer satisfaction” do you think a few months of high performance will fix it?

Final question above. Thank you so much. Sorry jsut freaking out cos fiverr is my main source of income lol.

• Like 26

But say the problem with my ranking is “buyer satisfaction” do you think a few months of high performance will fix it?

Final question above. Thank you so much. Sorry jsut freaking out cos fiverr is my main source of income lol.

I have no way of knowing that.

If you perform better now and are consistent, I don’t see why you wouldn’t bounce back.

• Like 25

Does the new algorithm match every word with in the title with the tags or does it view a single tag as it’s own thing?

For example, if my gig title is “write SEO Optimized About Us Page and Biography” would it overlap with tags like “SEO Optimization” or “SEO Biography”?

• Like 27

Does the new algorithm match every word with in the title with the tags or does it view a single tag as it’s own thing?

For example, if my gig title is “write SEO Optimized About Us Page and Biography” would it overlap with tags like “SEO Optimization” or “SEO Biography”?

Fiverr sees that as “double-dipping”.

This is the #1 reason seasoned sellers are now faced with lower performance.

We all need to revisit our titles+ tags, yesterday.

But to be honest I am not 100% sure if SEO optimize is considered the same as SEO optimization.

All I known is that you need your best keywords in the title and then a completely different set in your tags. (And close to none in your description)

• Like 31

Fiverr sees that as “double-dipping”.

This is the #1 reason seasoned sellers are now faced with lower performance.

We all need to revisit our titles+ tags, yesterday.

But to be honest I am not 100% sure if SEO optimize is considered the same as SEO optimization.

All I known is that you need your best keywords in the title and then a completely different set in your tags. (And close to none in your description)

We all need to revisit our titles+ tags, yesterday .

In that case, I think I will wait another week just in case to let people experiment a bit more before making any major changes.

• Like 26

We all need to revisit our titles+ tags, yesterday .

In that case, I think I will wait another week just in case to let people experiment a bit more before making any major changes.

I tend to move slower since I have a lot more on the line than the average seller, but I am 80% ready to roll out changes across all my gigs.

• Like 25

OK so here’s how FB works:

they have a dedicated SM of their own.

(spoiler alert: there is some overlap between their SMs and ours)

So while they are able to search on their own, it makes more sense for them to have their SM find the right match. (which is exactly why they pay for this service)

Their SM, picks from a large pool of high performing sellers. The same sellers who populate search results when a FB account searches on their own.

(once again, buyer satisfaction+performance+relevance are the criteria they rely on)

It is also completely up to the SM to suggest a seller that they have personally worked with and can vouch for. (again from the same high-performing pool)

which is exactly why they pay for this service

Wait, people with a Business account pay for that?

That is very strange because I had one “HESHE is a Fiverr Business client” recently and his first message was:

Can you take (link to @frank_d video from the portfolio) and remove/replace the logo in video with mine, in next 6 hours (I kid you not, this is the beautified/simplified version, names changed to protect privacy).

So he is business client? :thinking:

I have a lot of profile names with blue thingy next to them in the inbox, all converted to orders but there is no significant change in order amount or income.

Though if you don’t update one set of things at a time and give enough time to see results you won’t really know which of the things might have improved things (got more orders). eg. whether having gigs with 0 tags that are in the title helped or made it worse.

Some of my gigs literally have no choice but to repeat in tags what is in the title so I did not change all of them drastically.

image.png.eb641ea4babe133254bb5d8dd5238cdf.png
image798×54 6.15 KB

image.png.9ddafe72a6965c9916da5521e6f58b4b.png

image.png.8b5e4cbe768fc4ac6388d696cb1c69fc.png
image787×80 7.75 KB

image.png.3b410df073aca3cc9711b118e6af898d.png

And when I read here stats that people are sharing all my GIGs are underperforming all the time this entire year because I never had more than 1-5 clicks per day.

My all-time best selling GIG peaks at 8-12 clicks.

But all my GIGs are in the most overcrowded categories.

Promoted, results first 24 hours

image.png.f4105770e3d466a4a4c603f463d06541.png
image781×241 8.83 KB
  • Like 25

I tend to move slower since I have a lot more on the line than the average seller, but I am 80% ready to roll out changes across all my gigs.

Same, I’m already in talks with some designers to update my gig images again and in some infographic-style images. I’ll be scoping out more relevant and “3.0” friendly tags over the next week but for now, I’ll just focus on clearing out the orders I currently have.

• Like 25

I think Fiverr is very much moving towards specificity - having very specific gigs.
With all the subcategories in gig creation now, there is less room for catch all gigs and I think we should all recognize that. I want to give an example from my situation which I am currently facing and debating.

I have an SEO consultation gig - It has done well for me over a couple of years in bringing people in to advise them on their SEO and provide an ongoing service which is aimed at whatever I believe to be the most needed for that particular site. However, SEO gigs now need to specify the type of SEO involved - I think from 6-7 subcategories. This means this consulting gig can’t really continue as it is without missing a lot of the market. My current thought is that I will need to change this one and create new, more specific gigs to cover the different elements of SEO. The other thing I could TRY is to keep the general title, choose one category and then put the other categories in as tags. However, this is not likely to work as well as it needs to and so I will likely go with the first option of various specific SEO gigs.
Think about what your own gig offers, what subcategories and other SPECIFIC elements it offers and doesn’t offer and then look at creating new gigs to cover those things.

• Like 30

which is exactly why they pay for this service

Wait, people with a Business account pay for that?

That is very strange because I had one “HESHE is a Fiverr Business client” recently and his first message was:

Can you take (link to @frank_d video from the portfolio) and remove/replace the logo in video with mine, in next 6 hours (I kid you not, this is the beautified/simplified version, names changed to protect privacy).

So he is business client? :thinking:

I have a lot of profile names with blue thingy next to them in the inbox, all converted to orders but there is no significant change in order amount or income.

Though if you don’t update one set of things at a time and give enough time to see results you won’t really know which of the things might have improved things (got more orders). eg. whether having gigs with 0 tags that are in the title helped or made it worse.

Some of my gigs literally have no choice but to repeat in tags what is in the title so I did not change all of them drastically.

And when I read here stats that people are sharing all my GIGs are underperforming all the time this entire year because I never had more than 1-5 clicks per day.

My all-time best selling GIG peaks at 8-12 clicks.

But all my GIGs are in the most overcrowded categories.

Promoted, results first 24 hours

Business accounts are a mixed bag. (For me personally)

I’ve had people who spent $5,000 on a 15-second animation without flinching and people who tell me $60 is not within their budget.

They do get a year of FB for free and then it’s $160 per year. (Or maybe that was just a promo, dunno, haven’t checked since they launched)

There was a requirement that all FB members had to make a $3,000 deposit before using it, but it seems that has been lifted (hence the questionable FB accounts I see now)

• Like 27