Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

All sellers will see a huge drop income because of this. How can they expect us to continue working on the platform if we can’t afford to pay our bills.

All sellers will see a huge drop income because of this.

It’s all about the buyer experience here.

How can they expect us to continue working on the platform if we can’t afford to pay our bills.

There are millions of sellers here. There’s no guarantee, you just have to learn, adapt to the rules and experiment to see what works. It’s the truth… no matter how harsh it might be.

• Like 26

All sellers will see a huge drop income because of this.

It’s all about the buyer experience here.

How can they expect us to continue working on the platform if we can’t afford to pay our bills.

There are millions of sellers here. There’s no guarantee, you just have to learn, adapt to the rules and experiment to see what works. It’s the truth… no matter how harsh it might be.

But literally nothing we can do can change this drop in income.

What about all the people that quit their jobs to do fiverr full-time.

They are now completely screwed. It’s going to harm them in the long run because they are going to lose many good sellers who simply can’t sustainably work on the platform due to drop in income.

• Like 26

What about all the people who quit their jobs to do fiverr full-time and now have more chances among established sellers?

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down. Like I said good sellers will be forced to quit fiverr and find jobs elswhere as they wont be able to sustain on the significantly lower income.

• Like 26

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sellers are the life-blood of fiverr. If their income drops significantly they will be forced to quit fiverr and find a job elsewhere. This will result in them losing many good sellers who bring in a lot of money.

One thing Fiverr is not short of is Sellers. They could probably lose 25-50% of all sellers and not really notice any difference.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down

Not everyone’s impressions can go down - there are always the same number of sellers on the first page of results. If you aren’t there, someone else is.

• Like 34

Sellers are the life-blood of fiverr. If their income drops significantly they will be forced to quit fiverr and find a job elsewhere. This will result in them losing many good sellers who bring in a lot of money.

One thing Fiverr is not short of is Sellers. They could probably lose 25-50% of all sellers and not really notice any difference.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down

Not everyone’s impressions can go down - there are always the same number of sellers on the first page of results. If you aren’t there, someone else is.

Yes but they are going to lose the good commited sellers. The ones that do this full time because it provides a good income. They will look elswhere for a job as fiverr is not sustainable anymore. The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners. Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

• Like 30

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sellers are the life-blood of fiverr. If their income drops significantly they will be forced to quit fiverr and find a job elsewhere.

You do realize there are 3-5 times more sellers than early 2020, right? There’s no shortage of sellers.

• Like 29

Yes but they are going to lose the good commited sellers. The ones that do this full time because it provides a good income. They will look elswhere for a job as fiverr is not sustainable anymore. The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners. Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

I’m probably one of those committed sellers. When Fiverr income goes down (as it has done every so often ever since I started here), I go do something else. There have been countless times when the system has changed and every time people say what you have said. Yes, some sellers have left Fiverr, others have joined, some who were here got busier, others continued to work with a lower income.

Cue Music 🎵 It’s the ciiiiiiircle of liiiiiife, and it mooooves us aaaaalllll 🎵

• Like 32

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down. Like I said good sellers will be forced to quit fiverr and find jobs elswhere as they wont be able to sustain on the significantly lower income.

Sorry but at the moment you have +24 orders in queue. Most sellers here on forum never had that, ever. We get like 3-8 orders a month tops.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down.

How? If the system keeps rotating and putting the best performers to certain buyers, it can only be a good thing.

The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners.

That is Fiverr from day one, only now it is more pronounced due to pandemic.

Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

Why would you leave? Plus Fiverr can stop being profitable at any given moment due to any given reason, working and depending on just Fiverr is a risky manouver.

You can start Youtube channel with tips and tricks on how to work on Fiverr. It seems to work now, people are getting views and subscribers like crazy.

• Like 26

That’s not the right mindset. Competition is pro-buyers. Adam Smith would be proud too.

Do not be demoralized. Stay crunchy!

Adam Smith

But this effects the buyers. The good commited sellers that do it full-time with lots of experience will leave because fiverr dosen’t provide them the income they need to thrive anymore. All that will be left is low-quality sellers that arne’t bothered about wasting their time making a few 100 bucks a month. This will result in a poor buyer experience as they are no longer dealing with proffesional full-time freelancers who do it for a living.

• Like 28

Sorry but at the moment you have +24 orders in queue. Most sellers here on forum never had that, ever. We get like 3-8 orders a month tops.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down.

How? If the system keeps rotating and putting the best performers to certain buyers, it can only be a good thing.

The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners.

That is Fiverr from day one, only now it is more pronounced due to pandemic.

Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

Why would you leave? Plus Fiverr can stop being profitable at any given moment due to any given reason, working and depending on just Fiverr is a risky manouver.

You can start Youtube channel with tips and tricks on how to work on Fiverr. It seems to work now, people are getting views and subscribers like crazy.

Because fiverr would become an unsastainable source of income for them due to the drop in income and they will need to find a new job.

I know I wont be able to survive with this income drop so will have to find a job.

Well… its only been like this for a few days. I’ve went from like 6 sales a day to like 0 - 1 which if it continues like this will be unsatainable.

• Like 26

Because fiverr would become an unsastainable source of income for them due to the drop in income and they will need to find a new job.

I know I wont be able to survive with this income drop so will have to find a job.

Well… its only been like this for a few days. I’ve went from like 6 sales a day to like 0 - 1 which if it continues like this will be unsatainable.

drop in income and they will need to find a new job.

That is not Fiverr, that is life.

I started offering my services on Fiverr after working in the same place for over 14 years and stopped due to pandemic in April last year.

So by your logic, I should not be getting clients and orders, someone who was here before me should, because every order I get is an order the ancient Fiverrian lost.

6 sales a day

This translates to what income? If your income was over 700$ every penny above that should go into savings accounts or investment. If you had 6 sales a day you should invest them, convert that earnings into passive income.

Plus I though you are here from 2012-2016 around those years. You are here only from 2018. So practically there are 8 years of sellers here on Fiverr offering what you offer and you took their potential buyers.

• Like 27

drop in income and they will need to find a new job.

That is not Fiverr, that is life.

I started offering my services on Fiverr after working in the same place for over 14 years and stopped due to pandemic in April last year.

So by your logic, I should not be getting clients and orders, someone who was here before me should, because every order I get is an order the ancient Fiverrian lost.

6 sales a day

This translates to what income? If your income was over 700$ every penny above that should go into savings accounts or investment. If you had 6 sales a day you should invest them, convert that earnings into passive income.

Plus I though you are here from 2012-2016 around those years. You are here only from 2018. So practically there are 8 years of sellers here on Fiverr offering what you offer and you took their potential buyers.

About $5000 a month… And I have saved the majority of my money but that’s for important surgery.

You act like building passive income streams by investing your money is easy. Without an ENORMOUS upfront investment you don’t even stand a chance. Even if you avoid real estate and go on sites like flippa to buy online business you need like a good near hundred thousands to get anyhting you could live off.

I tried investing my money in tshirt designs, stock music and other sources of making passive income from content. But the market is insanley oversaturated, you barely stand a chance. Even with selling content not on a marketplace you need enormous amounts in ad spend to make even a dent.

• Like 29

About $5000 a month… And I have saved the majority of my money but that’s for important surgery.

You act like building passive income streams by investing your money is easy. Without an ENORMOUS upfront investment you don’t even stand a chance. Even if you avoid real estate and go on sites like flippa to buy online business you need like a good near hundred thousands to get anyhting you could live off.

I tried investing my money in tshirt designs, stock music and other sources of making passive income from content. But the market is insanley oversaturated, you barely stand a chance. Even with selling content not on a marketplace you need enormous amounts in ad spend to make even a dent.

$5000 a month

with 5000$ a month on average over a course of 2 years you can save up to 96000$ and buy a condo and rent it out - passive income.

The CEO of some companies in my country do not have that salary.

5000$ is close to the annual salary here.

Boy, if I got 5000$ in one month of Fiverr I would go on vacation for 11 months 😃

• Like 28

$5000 a month

with 5000$ a month on average over a course of 2 years you can save up to 96000$ and buy a condo and rent it out - passive income.

The CEO of some companies in my country do not have that salary.

5000$ is close to the annual salary here.

Boy, if I got 5000$ in one month of Fiverr I would go on vacation for 11 months 😃

Yes I could have done that if fiverr didn’t change the system. Now I can’t do that 😕 I didn’t start hitting that point till recently. The majority of money has to go towards surgery anyway.

And anyway that dosen’t add up. Yes I would have technically made 100000 dollars in two years but that’s not taking into account that what I’d have to pay in bills and living expenses so it would take a little longer than two years…

• Like 24

Yes I could have done that if fiverr didn’t change the system. Now I can’t do that 😕 I didn’t start hitting that point till recently. The majority of money has to go towards surgery anyway.

And anyway that dosen’t add up. Yes I would have technically made 100000 dollars in two years but that’s not taking into account that what I’d have to pay in bills and living expenses so it would take a little longer than two years…

It depends where you live. 1000$ a month covers food, utility bills and rent for a villa with swimming pool here.

And you have 4000$ to put in savings.

• Like 25

I’m probably one of those committed sellers. When Fiverr income goes down (as it has done every so often ever since I started here), I go do something else. There have been countless times when the system has changed and every time people say what you have said. Yes, some sellers have left Fiverr, others have joined, some who were here got busier, others continued to work with a lower income.

Cue Music 🎵 It’s the ciiiiiiircle of liiiiiife, and it mooooves us aaaaalllll 🎵

Well it depends on how significant this drop is. We shall see at the end of next month…

If it’s below living levels than I will be forced to find something else… Been working on writing ebooks to get me over when fiverrs slow but taking some time to get decent profits

• Like 26

Hey everyone!

A disclaimer: The following post/article is not an official Fiverr statement. It’s a summary of my personal observations over how Fiverr works and I am sharing because I noticed that more and more sellers come here, stating that they “lost their ranking”.

This is my effort to provide them with some answers and some food for thought.

Hold up. Fiverr 3.0?

If Fiverr’s early days (the wild wild west days) was Fiverr 1.0 and we count the facelift in 2014 (I think?) as v2.0, then we quietly got v3.0 late last year.

Without an official announcement, without much fanfare, the website slowly rolled out a back end update which seems to have concluded late last year.

How do I know this?

This is a good time to remind you to read my disclaimer.

I have no way of actually knowing anything, no one from Fiverr shared insights with me either. This is just a gut feeling and tons of personal observation, from a seller obsessed with performance. (and figuring out how things work)

Ranking is no more

I started hinting about this mid-2020, then started actively talking about it.

Talking about ranking is moot, as there are no more results pages. Well technically there are, but you’ll see what I mean in a minute.

Fiverr transitioned from being a search engine like Google to being a match making service like Tinder.

It no longer serves users (buyers) with pages filled with search results, ranked according to how well they are “performing”.

Fiverr also no longer counts on buyers clicking on verticals to find what they need.

It’s all about the search function.

Fiverr’s new engine tries to match a buyer with a potential seller that will be as close to a 100% ideal match as possible, as soon as possible.

A great match is when:

A) a seller offers something relative to what the buyer is searching for

and

B) a seller has great “performance”

It’s all about reducing risk for Fiverr.

Risk that the buyer won’t find someone to hire and therefore won’t spent their money.

Or risk that the buyer will not get a great service and ask for a refund, never to return again on the platform.

What is this “performance” you keep going on about?

Here comes the good stuff.

There are two kinds of performance that Fiverr keeps track of:

A) performance as a seller (converting prospects into buyers)

B) performance as a vendor (satisfying buyers, successfully completing orders)

THAT’S IT.

Fiverr doesn’t care if you are the best designer, video editor, animator, writer, what have you.

All it cares is that you can make people spend and then making sure that said people don’t ask their money back. (And therefore stay on the platform to spend some more)

I am oversimplifying things, as the system actually keeps track of a bunch of interesting metrics when serving buyers with sellers.

Which is why searching for your gig, or your competition on Fiverr, even using incognito or clearing cookies and what not, will NEVER show you anything useful.

The new engine qualifies buyers and knows a lot about them, before serving your gig their way:

-their purchase intent

-buying history

-browsing habits (I mean on site)

-how they respond to custom offers

-when they spend

-how they spend

The list is long, and I am sure that even if I am right on some of the stuff I think I understand, there are hundreds more variables that only Fiverr’s coders know.

OK, let’s say you are right. What now?

Well just like every change in life, it is always met with resistance.

The new “engine” is here to stay apparently, since its sole purpose is making the platform more money.

What should we do?

Why are people losing their “rankings” out of the blue?

This is where I will try to sound less like a lunatic and actually try to form all the observations into some -hopefully- actionable advice.

When people start noticing that their gigs are losing impressions, or that messages stop coming in, etc, it’s usually because their performance has deteriorated.

They dropped the ball somehow.

I know it always seems like it’s out of the blue, but there are indicators.

Here are some things to keep in mind.

The new system values speed and relevance over anything else.

It’s all RELEVANT: (performance A)

So performance A (being a good closer) has everything to do with how your gig is set up.

If you still think about SEO, and keywords, and ranking, you already lost the game.

Focus on your gig’s title, don’t try to capture everyone, don’t use pretty adjectives, focus on who you want to find your gig.

You need to be focused on your niche.

Relevance is key. You need to make sure that only the people you can help will find you, and that will make Fiverr LOVE your gig.

Don’t use the same keywords as what you used as a gig title. Trust me.

Fiverr 3.0 hates that.

Your tags need to be complimentary to your title. Not repeating what you say you will do.

Again: relevance.

If your gig’s description is written with “SEO” in mind, and is “keyword-rich”, you will once again underperform. Fiverr 3.0 no longer crawls for keywords, it rewards descriptions that answer questions and help convert.

The need for SPEED: (performance B)

Fiverr 3.0 loves speed.

The quicker you can respond to inquiries the better.

The sooner you get that custom offer accepted, the better.

Other factors that may show Fiverr you are rocking it:

-Delivering fast

-Buyers accepting their delivery relatively quickly

-Not getting lots of revision requests

-Not leaving order updates unanswered for too long (the “buyer has posted an update for X amount of hours” notification)

-Delivering before the “you have 12 hours to deliver” notification

-Avoiding cancellations

-Avoiding time extensions

Oh, one more thing:

Relevance and speed are just two faces of a multi-faced die, that calculates one very important thing.

Fiverr 3.0 is all about having satisfied buyers.

The platform no longer just focuses on making revenue and having gigs purchased.

The updated engine focuses solely on having happy buyers.

Which leads me to my last point for this article, to whoever wants to hear it:

Your reviews no longer matter as much. You can keep getting all 5-star reviews, and you will still experience lulls and droughts.

Because the system no longer takes public reviews into consideration, using the same weight as Fiverr 2.0.

They still count, but not as much.

And can you blame them? The majority of sellers on the platform can be phoning it in and still get a higher than 4.7 average.

The system has too many 5-star sellers for that metric to indicate anything.

If everyone is 5-stars, then no one is 5-stars. (to paraphrase something I keep saying for TRS badges.)

So unfortunately, and maybe even people gaming the system with fake reviews had something to do with this, public reviews no longer mean as much to the platform, when it calculates how happy our buyers are.

It’s a long and complex formula, but I simplified it to this for now:

Performance A + Performance B + Buyer satisfaction = Actual seller rating

I still think that “gig rotation” is not a thing. It does exist, but it would never tank successful sellers and truly valuable gigs.

So to sum up:

-When you search for your gig and find it, that’s a skewed POV, that’s not telling you the whole story. You should stop doing that.

-When your gig is served to buyers, it’s because Fiverr actually believes you can score.

-The gigs that are also presented along your offering, are also very carefully selected based on their performance. There is no “ranking”.

-When you notice a drop in sales/enquiries/impressions, start thinking about your overall performance. More often than not, there is definitely some indicator that “told” Fiverr that you were dropping the proverbial ball.

The bad news is that this will take some getting used to and sellers are once again asked to either adapt or “perish”.

The good news is that this new system is actually a lot more forgiving than the old “SEO/rank” system. Even if you drop the ball performance wise, all it takes is just a tiny spark to get things going again.

As I write this, and gave it a quick read I understand that I may have oversimplified things, or that I haven’t spelled it out as much as I could.

Please forgive me, as I have a birthday cake to attend to. 🙂

As always I will be here to answer any questions and discuss things in detail with you all.

Thank you!

The good news is that this new system is actually a lot more forgiving than the old “SEO/rank” system. Even if you drop the ball performance wise, all it takes is just a tiny spark to get things going again.

How do you know this to be true? What suggests this will be the case?

I plan to start delivering DAYYYS earlier now, doing revisions instantly and replying in seconds.

I’m worried about my performance because I dropped the ball a bit in recent weeks.

If I improve all of the factors you mentioned, how long do you think it will take to make my gig high value again?

Thanks for all the information, it’s very helpful. I do wonder how you know all this lol.

• Like 24

Annnd, yet another thing that might mess up rankings and access to the right gigs.

I see it’s only for Articles and Blog posts, but they are showing tags/writing genres. Is it just me, or people will think a writer can only cover those topics and that’s it? This was already a filter, not sure adding it will make things better. It will just lead to less sales for most people, if everyone thinks like me and they believe those are the only topics covered by the writer. Not sure if/when this will appear for other categories.

@donnovan86, That is a point I was also concerned by as I was only able to tick that I could write in one genre for my gig that includes ghostwriting–since only one tick box could be chosen!

I write pretty much everything. I spoke to my success manager about it and was given advice (that I could not implement). Since all this new segmentation and categorisation, I have had far fewer enquiries and the majority I now receive are totally mismatched to the writing gig, asking for things I don’t offer and never have. But as all the enquirers were requesting the same service, it was clear Fiverr had said I offered it!

I declined to quote for many offered projects enquiries across a couple of days. It was incredibly frustrating and prior to this, I’d never had anything but enquiries that were very tightly correlating to my gigs. Since I declined to quote for all these projects, I can only assume my ranking will have nosedived (if such exists, as is discussed in this thread!) due to appalling conversion. Prior to that, conversion was in the 20-30% mark, now I need a microscope to spot any, ha.

It’s all mystifying. To my mind, this new categorisation shows ignorance of how writers work and some research among sellers ought to have been carried out beforehand to find out more.

Annie

• Like 29

So I have absolutely no idea what’s going on. My impressions and clicks are going up but the number of orders and messages has gone down dramatically. 😬

I haven’t had a dry spell like this in over a year and I don’t know what I can do to make it any better. I’ve been delivering orders way faster than before and the overall satisfaction of my buyers seems to be higher as well.

• Like 25

So I have absolutely no idea what’s going on. My impressions and clicks are going up but the number of orders and messages has gone down dramatically. 😬

I haven’t had a dry spell like this in over a year and I don’t know what I can do to make it any better. I’ve been delivering orders way faster than before and the overall satisfaction of my buyers seems to be higher as well.

Pretty sure it’s due to the change they made with those category tags being shown on your gig…

In Articles and Blog posts… I barely get any new clients for my main gig, which is general. I have way more inquiries for the About Us gig I have, which doesn’t have tags yet.

• Like 30

Pretty sure it’s due to the change they made with those category tags being shown on your gig…

In Articles and Blog posts… I barely get any new clients for my main gig, which is general. I have way more inquiries for the About Us gig I have, which doesn’t have tags yet.

So, it’s going to be a wait-and-see situation then. Unless things pick back up I’m not sure whether I’ll be around. I have 5 orders in queue right now - 3 from return customers and 2 from clients from Facebook.

Some sellers clearly don’t seem to be facing the same issues despite having the same gig so I don’t really know what to make of it.

• Like 27

I’ve just noticed something about the buyers that are coming to my gig now…

It seems I’m only getting sales and enquiries from people who haven’t bought anything on the platform yet or have recently signed up to fiverr.

So my theory is that the higher they view the customer satisfaction of a gig, the more likely they are to send buyers who shop on fiverr a lot to. THis is because they are higher value customers due to spending more in the platform. Therefor, they don’t want to risk sending a high value buyer to someone who is deemed as risky in terms of customer satisfaction.

So the sellers deemed top satisfcation and fulfilling the metrics you stated will get put in front of the regualr fiverr buyers. Whereas the people with lower metrics who rank as lower on customer satisfcation will be shown to the newer buyers who are seen as less high value.

This may explain why people are getting clicks and impressions but few sales. Because new fiverr accounts will be less likely / more dubious about buying from the site.

It seems the ranking order that WE see is the default order that new buyers see. Which would explain why going in incognito or from another IP dosen’t change the order of gig ranking.

• Like 29

@frank_d as you mentioned a tiny spark, I wanted to ask that as per in your opinion, how many orders are required to get that tiny spark? Like 5, 10, 15? Any idea regarding it? How can I know when can I expect that spark?

Though I kept everything good which you mentioned. Responded usually within 15 minutes, delivered fast also maintaining the quality, order updates were never left, delivered way before than the 12 hour notification, used time extension only once. I dont know I feel once you are down, you cant get back up on this platform. 😦

Could you please tell me how you get this analytic?

• Like 25

Hey everyone!

A disclaimer: The following post/article is not an official Fiverr statement. It’s a summary of my personal observations over how Fiverr works and I am sharing because I noticed that more and more sellers come here, stating that they “lost their ranking”.

This is my effort to provide them with some answers and some food for thought.

Hold up. Fiverr 3.0?

If Fiverr’s early days (the wild wild west days) was Fiverr 1.0 and we count the facelift in 2014 (I think?) as v2.0, then we quietly got v3.0 late last year.

Without an official announcement, without much fanfare, the website slowly rolled out a back end update which seems to have concluded late last year.

How do I know this?

This is a good time to remind you to read my disclaimer.

I have no way of actually knowing anything, no one from Fiverr shared insights with me either. This is just a gut feeling and tons of personal observation, from a seller obsessed with performance. (and figuring out how things work)

Ranking is no more

I started hinting about this mid-2020, then started actively talking about it.

Talking about ranking is moot, as there are no more results pages. Well technically there are, but you’ll see what I mean in a minute.

Fiverr transitioned from being a search engine like Google to being a match making service like Tinder.

It no longer serves users (buyers) with pages filled with search results, ranked according to how well they are “performing”.

Fiverr also no longer counts on buyers clicking on verticals to find what they need.

It’s all about the search function.

Fiverr’s new engine tries to match a buyer with a potential seller that will be as close to a 100% ideal match as possible, as soon as possible.

A great match is when:

and

It’s all about reducing risk for Fiverr.

Risk that the buyer won’t find someone to hire and therefore won’t spent their money.

Or risk that the buyer will not get a great service and ask for a refund, never to return again on the platform.

What is this “performance” you keep going on about?

Here comes the good stuff.

There are two kinds of performance that Fiverr keeps track of:

A) performance as a seller (converting prospects into buyers)

B) performance as a vendor (satisfying buyers, successfully completing orders)

THAT’S IT.

Fiverr doesn’t care if you are the best designer, video editor, animator, writer, what have you.

All it cares is that you can make people spend and then making sure that said people don’t ask their money back. (And therefore stay on the platform to spend some more)

I am oversimplifying things, as the system actually keeps track of a bunch of interesting metrics when serving buyers with sellers.

Which is why searching for your gig, or your competition on Fiverr, even using incognito or clearing cookies and what not, will NEVER show you anything useful.

The new engine qualifies buyers and knows a lot about them, before serving your gig their way:

-their purchase intent

-buying history

-browsing habits (I mean on site)

-how they respond to custom offers

-when they spend

-how they spend

The list is long, and I am sure that even if I am right on some of the stuff I think I understand, there are hundreds more variables that only Fiverr’s coders know.

OK, let’s say you are right. What now?

Well just like every change in life, it is always met with resistance.

The new “engine” is here to stay apparently, since its sole purpose is making the platform more money.

What should we do?

Why are people losing their “rankings” out of the blue?

This is where I will try to sound less like a lunatic and actually try to form all the observations into some -hopefully- actionable advice.

When people start noticing that their gigs are losing impressions, or that messages stop coming in, etc, it’s usually because their performance has deteriorated.

They dropped the ball somehow.

I know it always seems like it’s out of the blue, but there are indicators.

Here are some things to keep in mind.

The new system values speed and relevance over anything else.

It’s all RELEVANT: (performance A)

So performance A (being a good closer) has everything to do with how your gig is set up.

If you still think about SEO, and keywords, and ranking, you already lost the game.

Focus on your gig’s title, don’t try to capture everyone, don’t use pretty adjectives, focus on who you want to find your gig.

You need to be focused on your niche.

Relevance is key. You need to make sure that only the people you can help will find you, and that will make Fiverr LOVE your gig.

Don’t use the same keywords as what you used as a gig title. Trust me.

Fiverr 3.0 hates that.

Your tags need to be complimentary to your title. Not repeating what you say you will do.

Again: relevance.

If your gig’s description is written with “SEO” in mind, and is “keyword-rich”, you will once again underperform. Fiverr 3.0 no longer crawls for keywords, it rewards descriptions that answer questions and help convert.

The need for SPEED: (performance B)

Fiverr 3.0 loves speed.

The quicker you can respond to inquiries the better.

The sooner you get that custom offer accepted, the better.

Other factors that may show Fiverr you are rocking it:

-Delivering fast

-Buyers accepting their delivery relatively quickly

-Not getting lots of revision requests

-Not leaving order updates unanswered for too long (the “buyer has posted an update for X amount of hours” notification)

-Delivering before the “you have 12 hours to deliver” notification

-Avoiding cancellations

-Avoiding time extensions

Oh, one more thing:

Relevance and speed are just two faces of a multi-faced die, that calculates one very important thing.

Fiverr 3.0 is all about having satisfied buyers.

The platform no longer just focuses on making revenue and having gigs purchased.

The updated engine focuses solely on having happy buyers.

Which leads me to my last point for this article, to whoever wants to hear it:

Your reviews no longer matter as much. You can keep getting all 5-star reviews, and you will still experience lulls and droughts.

Because the system no longer takes public reviews into consideration, using the same weight as Fiverr 2.0.

They still count, but not as much.

And can you blame them? The majority of sellers on the platform can be phoning it in and still get a higher than 4.7 average.

The system has too many 5-star sellers for that metric to indicate anything.

If everyone is 5-stars, then no one is 5-stars. (to paraphrase something I keep saying for TRS badges.)

So unfortunately, and maybe even people gaming the system with fake reviews had something to do with this, public reviews no longer mean as much to the platform, when it calculates how happy our buyers are.

It’s a long and complex formula, but I simplified it to this for now:

Performance A + Performance B + Buyer satisfaction = Actual seller rating

I still think that “gig rotation” is not a thing. It does exist, but it would never tank successful sellers and truly valuable gigs.

So to sum up:

-When you search for your gig and find it, that’s a skewed POV, that’s not telling you the whole story. You should stop doing that.

-When your gig is served to buyers, it’s because Fiverr actually believes you can score.

-The gigs that are also presented along your offering, are also very carefully selected based on their performance. There is no “ranking”.

-When you notice a drop in sales/enquiries/impressions, start thinking about your overall performance. More often than not, there is definitely some indicator that “told” Fiverr that you were dropping the proverbial ball.

The bad news is that this will take some getting used to and sellers are once again asked to either adapt or “perish”.

As I write this, and gave it a quick read I understand that I may have oversimplified things, or that I haven’t spelled it out as much as I could.

Please forgive me, as I have a birthday cake to attend to. 🙂

As always I will be here to answer any questions and discuss things in detail with you all.

Thank you!

A great match is when:

and

But isn’t this what it’s always been like? If this was the case, then high performing sellers with relevant gigs would always be at the top for those keywords. If these are the metrics then why are the results different for each individual buyer? A buyers performance and gig relevance will always stay at whatever level it’s currently and relevancy when searching the keywords that explain teh gigs offering… How does who the buyer is affect these metrics…

• Like 24