Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

After 2 whole days of deafening silence, I’ve decided to go ahead and update my tags and title. I hope that makes a difference otherwise I’m going to be in a bit of a pickle.

I’ve decided to go ahead and update my tags and title.

It helped me. I would do one at a time and then look see if I appeared in the categories I wanted to. If not I would change one of them and try again.

• Like 28

I just had my best month on Fiverr, but that was primarily anchored by one well-performing gig while all my other gigs have fallen off the Grand Canyon.

I’ve been fiddling with the SEO title and tags of my other gigs but am more than slightly hesitant to do anything to my only solid performing gig. I do need to update it, but don’t want to accidentally trigger the end of it’s positive momentum.

• Like 30

I’ve decided to go ahead and update my tags and title.

It helped me. I would do one at a time and then look see if I appeared in the categories I wanted to. If not I would change one of them and try again.

It helped me.

Let’s hope that’s the case. I updated the titles and some of the tags last night so going to give it another day or two before reaching out to my success manager to see if she has any ideas. I haven’t gotten a new message or order in 2 days now which has never happened before.

The orders I do have are from returning buyers or from facebook groups I scout. I’ve gotten great reviews and I’m delivering all orders at least 16 - 24 hours before the deadline so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong sadly.

• Like 27

It helped me.

Let’s hope that’s the case. I updated the titles and some of the tags last night so going to give it another day or two before reaching out to my success manager to see if she has any ideas. I haven’t gotten a new message or order in 2 days now which has never happened before.

The orders I do have are from returning buyers or from facebook groups I scout. I’ve gotten great reviews and I’m delivering all orders at least 16 - 24 hours before the deadline so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong sadly.

I haven’t gotten a new message or order in 2 days now which has never happened before.

Since it’s the Easter weekend with more bank holidays that could be a cause of reduced/no messages during that time. You could try unpausing any paused gigs and seeing if that helps and experimenting with altering the gig tags etc. in them or try creating an additional gig to see the effect of that.

• Like 27

I haven’t gotten a new message or order in 2 days now which has never happened before.

Since it’s the Easter weekend with more bank holidays that could be a cause of reduced/no messages during that time. You could try unpausing any paused gigs and seeing if that helps and experimenting with altering the gig tags etc. in them or try creating an additional gig to see the effect of that.

Since it’s the Easter weekend with more bank holidays that could be a cause of reduced/no messages during that time.

Maybe, maybe not. I only managed to get 5 orders from new buyers which is considerably less than what I’m used to.

You could try unpausing any paused gigs and seeing if that helps and experimenting with altering the gig tags etc

That’s going to be my next step depending on how the next week goes. Hopefully, things take a turn for the better soon.

• Like 27

My gig was on first page, but dropped to 5th page. Impressions, clicks fell obviously. Not sure if I should like @frank_d advised or not. Just curious, what I edited and my gig falls further down more.

Do you guys think i should edit or not?

Just curious, what I edited and my gig falls further down more.

Ranking no longer matters so worrying about where your gig is in the search results is pointless.

• Like 29

My gig was on first page, but dropped to 5th page. Impressions, clicks fell obviously. Not sure if I should like @frank_d advised or not. Just curious, what I edited and my gig falls further down more.

@pvitalsolutions you are free to do what you want and you can also disregard everything I said.

This is a lot more complicated than you think and I get the impression you think that following someone’s advice and doing one or two things will “fix” something.

That is not what this post was about.

If anything the take away should be how much more complex this whole “ranking” thing is and how many variables there are.

• Like 31

@pvitalsolutions you are free to do what you want and you can also disregard everything I said.

This is a lot more complicated than you think and I get the impression you think that following someone’s advice and doing one or two things will “fix” something.

If anything the take away should be how much more complex this whole “ranking” thing is and how many variables there are.

@frank_d

I just saw this in the description of Fiverr Level 2 seller (2014, last delivery 12 hours ago), never saw this before:

BONUS offer: For a limited time, 2x in every order.

Click on ❤️ symbol at top right corner to get bonus.

Now…

What is your opinion on Hearts and Fiverr 3.0?

I edited all my GIGs and now the funny thing is that for a certain keyword most of my GIGs come up as result, so basically, the entire first page is my gigs mixed with others but due to my branding of thumbnail, you can’t miss me 😃

Do not know will it convert to orders, it is a holiday so it is too early to tell.

• Like 27

@frank_d

I just saw this in the description of Fiverr Level 2 seller (2014, last delivery 12 hours ago), never saw this before:

BONUS offer: For a limited time, 2x in every order.

Click on ❤️ symbol at top right corner to get bonus.

Now…

I edited all my GIGs and now the funny thing is that for a certain keyword most of my GIGs come up as result, so basically, the entire first page is my gigs mixed with others but due to my branding of thumbnail, you can’t miss me 😃

Do not know will it convert to orders, it is a holiday so it is too early to tell.

My opinion on the bookmark feature remains that it helps in no way to rank you better.

I asked 4 different Fiverr employees over a span of 2 years.

It’s not surprising though as there are facebook groups that make a big deal out of favorite exchange and even sell favorites to rubes.

P.S. that seller is not the brightest tool in the shed, as there is no way to confirm that someone “hearted” them unless they violate ToS.

• Like 30

I get the impression you think that following someone’s advice and doing one or two things will “fix” something.

I read through your all replies and the original post many times. Maybe I mis-understood. But like you said, if you are facing the problem like I mentioned and others, the methods you told might help as per your observation. So I wanted to confirm whether a gig that lies on Page 5 should make edits?

• Like 26

I get the impression you think that following someone’s advice and doing one or two things will “fix” something.

I read through your all replies and the original post many times. Maybe I mis-understood. But like you said, if you are facing the problem like I mentioned and others, the methods you told might help as per your observation. So I wanted to confirm whether a gig that lies on Page 5 should make edits?

I made edits to my gig title and it didn’t seem to affect anything… But many other sellers on here will tell you otherwise, so would air on the side of caution if it’s a high earning gig.

It seems if you make very, very minor changes fiverr don’t review it. I switched a few words around and it changed instantly in the search. Wasn’t taken out of the search at all. In the past it’s dissapeared from search for a good few hours before changing.

I don’t think changing gig titles etc. will improve the situation as it’s not based around SEO anymore anyway. I just made my titles more specific to make themk more relevant…

• Like 28

I made edits to my gig title and it didn’t seem to affect anything… But many other sellers on here will tell you otherwise, so would air on the side of caution if it’s a high earning gig.

It seems if you make very, very minor changes fiverr don’t review it. I switched a few words around and it changed instantly in the search. Wasn’t taken out of the search at all. In the past it’s dissapeared from search for a good few hours before changing.

I don’t think changing gig titles etc. will improve the situation as it’s not based around SEO anymore anyway. I just made my titles more specific to make themk more relevant…

if it’s a high earning gig.

It is my high earning gig. Well if I make changes, it will be title, tags, description everything etc. But I discussed with few others, and the result waas 50/50. Some said to do and some said not to

• Like 27

if it’s a high earning gig.

It is my high earning gig. Well if I make changes, it will be title, tags, description everything etc. But I discussed with few others, and the result waas 50/50. Some said to do and some said not to

I regret doing it because I realized afterwards how risky it is. It’s not based around SEO anymore anyway so is it really worth the risk if there’s a fifty fifty chance it will tank rankings?

Guess I just got lucky and it didn’t derank mine…

I don’t think giig titles will improve the situation as it’s about speed etc. now as frank explained… Only a few top peformers have remained stickied to the top page.

• Like 27

You are up to some Risky Business my friend. You are going to play a coin flip with your highest earning gig.

Think twice.

Smart people learn from their mistakes, wise people learn from other people’s mistakes.

Yeah I realized afterwards from searching the forum how risky it is… Luckily it didn’t affect anything. Never editing again.

• Like 25

I regret doing it because I realized afterwards how risky it is. It’s not based around SEO anymore anyway so is it really worth the risk if there’s a fifty fifty chance it will tank rankings?

Guess I just got lucky and it didn’t derank mine…

I don’t think giig titles will improve the situation as it’s about speed etc. now as frank explained… Only a few top peformers have remained stickied to the top page.

I realized afterwards how risky it is

I am well aware how risky it is. In past, i lost my ranking for some time. But since the Fiverr 3.0, I believe i might have to . I completely agree with yours and @corsogr . Thats its a big risk. But frank’s observation is something else so double minded.

• Like 26

I realized afterwards how risky it is

I am well aware how risky it is. In past, i lost my ranking for some time. But since the Fiverr 3.0, I believe i might have to . I completely agree with yours and @corsogr . Thats its a big risk. But frank’s observation is something else so double minded.

Personally, I’m never touching my gig again. It’s not worth losing thousands because I stupidly clicked a few buttons. Speeding up our delivery time, revisions, minimizing cancellations and improving customer satisfaction is all we can do and hope for the best…

• Like 28

Personally, I’m never touching my gig again. It’s not worth losing thousands because I stupidly clicked a few buttons. Speeding up our delivery time, revisions, minimizing cancellations and improving customer satisfaction is all we can do and hope for the best…

Speeding up our delivery time, revisions, minimizing cancellations and improving customer satisfaction is all we can do

Agreed. I contacted the CS regarding the link between Promoted gig and ranking. Like how i lost my ranking when i lost the promoted gig feature, they didnt answered and avoided that. But they told me that I had a high chance of getting that feature back soon because of my remarkable performance throughout.

So i think sometimes whether to wait a little more, maybe ill bounce back if not then ill edit as what is the loss if i edit a few days later, its the same thing like sitting at page 5 doing nothing and trying your luck after some time.

What do you say?

• Like 27
  • Sad 2

Speeding up our delivery time, revisions, minimizing cancellations and improving customer satisfaction is all we can do

Agreed. I contacted the CS regarding the link between Promoted gig and ranking. Like how i lost my ranking when i lost the promoted gig feature, they didnt answered and avoided that. But they told me that I had a high chance of getting that feature back soon because of my remarkable performance throughout.

So i think sometimes whether to wait a little more, maybe ill bounce back if not then ill edit as what is the loss if i edit a few days later, its the same thing like sitting at page 5 doing nothing and trying your luck after some time.

What do you say?

Yeah support will never give you answers on how the algo works or how certain things link to ranking changes…

I’m just working on improving my performance and speed. Still getting sales just nowhere near as many.

Even if it is on page 5 on your end, that’s no longer any indication of how the gig is appearing to potential buyers… Every buyer sees different rankings based on their buying habits etc.

Frank said before fiverr 3.0, bouncing back was near enough impossible but now it’s doable. So there is hope… Just nail down your performance. Deliver quicker, respond quicker and provide a superior service and customer experience to all your competitors

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Yeah support will never give you answers on how the algo works or how certain things link to ranking changes…

I’m just working on improving my performance and speed. Still getting sales just nowhere near as many.

Even if it is on page 5 on your end, that’s no longer any indication of how the gig is appearing to potential buyers… Every buyer sees different rankings based on their buying habits etc.

Frank said before fiverr 3.0, bouncing back was near enough impossible but now it’s doable. So there is hope… Just nail down your performance. Deliver quicker, respond quicker and provide a superior service and customer experience to all your competitors

page 5 on your end, that’s no longer any indication of how the gig is appearing to potential buyers

I agree to all your points except this. As when i could view my own gig myself on page 1, the impressions were great. But when i noticed myself thats its on page 5, impressions, clicks fell so that clearly means gig is down, its not being shown on top. Either its down or not shown.

but now it’s doable. So there is hope

Hope for the best.

nail down your performance. Deliver quicker, respond quicker and provide a superior service and customer experience to all your competitors

Thats what ill be doing now. Avoid cancellation, time extensions, delivering before 12 hour notification, and the things you mentioned

I was just wondering as Fiverr 3.0 said to avoid time extensions, what if we set the timer to 3 days even though it will take 1 day but we set to 3 days and when we deliver within a day, it might result in good thing? Can the system be tricked?

• Like 28
  • Confused 3

page 5 on your end, that’s no longer any indication of how the gig is appearing to potential buyers

I agree to all your points except this. As when i could view my own gig myself on page 1, the impressions were great. But when i noticed myself thats its on page 5, impressions, clicks fell so that clearly means gig is down, its not being shown on top. Either its down or not shown.

but now it’s doable. So there is hope

Hope for the best.

nail down your performance. Deliver quicker, respond quicker and provide a superior service and customer experience to all your competitors

Thats what ill be doing now. Avoid cancellation, time extensions, delivering before 12 hour notification, and the things you mentioned

I was just wondering as Fiverr 3.0 said to avoid time extensions, what if we set the timer to 3 days even though it will take 1 day but we set to 3 days and when we deliver within a day, it might result in good thing? Can the system be tricked?

Well I’m not entirley sure but I think the ranking YOU see is the default ranking for new buyers and people browsing the site without an account. I theorize, though not sure if I’m right, that the ranking starts changing for people depending on how much money they’ve spent on the site. So they don’t want to send buyers who spend a lot of money on the site to people with low customer satisfaction rate (i.e excessive cancellations etc.)… I think this as, after getting a few cancellations I’m no longer getting top buyers, VID’s and business clients… Just new buyers who haven’t spent much on the site.

This is all speculation though…

• Like 33

Well I’m not entirley sure but I think the ranking YOU see is the default ranking for new buyers and people browsing the site without an account. I theorize, though not sure if I’m right, that the ranking starts changing for people depending on how much money they’ve spent on the site. So they don’t want to send buyers who spend a lot of money on the site to people with low customer satisfaction rate (i.e excessive cancellations etc.)… I think this as, after getting a few cancellations I’m no longer getting top buyers, VID’s and business clients… Just new buyers who haven’t spent much on the site.

This is all speculation though…

YOU see is the default ranking for new buyers and people browsing the site without an account

I checked through my account, logged out and my friend in another city. Results were same.

ranking starts changing for people depending on how much money they’ve spent on the site. So they don’t want to send buyers who spend a lot of money on the site to people with low customer satisfaction rate

Now this seems an interesting observation and a valid one.

people with low customer satisfaction rate (i.e excessive cancellations etc.)

But what about the sellers who are shown on first pages even though they have a bad reputation or have no reviews, why are they being shown at top?

• Like 32

YOU see is the default ranking for new buyers and people browsing the site without an account

I checked through my account, logged out and my friend in another city. Results were same.

ranking starts changing for people depending on how much money they’ve spent on the site. So they don’t want to send buyers who spend a lot of money on the site to people with low customer satisfaction rate

Now this seems an interesting observation and a valid one.

people with low customer satisfaction rate (i.e excessive cancellations etc.)

But what about the sellers who are shown on first pages even though they have a bad reputation or have no reviews, why are they being shown at top?

I really don’t know… There’s been times where my ranking has went down and I’ve been outranked by people with terrible reviews. There was a 4.2 at the top of my niche before with me at the bottom. Sometimes it just makes no sense and seems really random lol.

Though it’s been confirmed that fiverr puts new sellers to the top sometimes to give them a chance… If it wasn’t for them giving me a chance in the early days I wouldn’t be were I am today so that’s fair…

• Like 33
  • Congrats! 1

I really don’t know… There’s been times where my ranking has went down and I’ve been outranked by people with terrible reviews. There was a 4.2 at the top of my niche before with me at the bottom. Sometimes it just makes no sense and seems really random lol.

Though it’s been confirmed that fiverr puts new sellers to the top sometimes to give them a chance… If it wasn’t for them giving me a chance in the early days I wouldn’t be were I am today so that’s fair…

Sometimes it just makes no sense and seems really random lol.

Same.

confirmed that fiverr puts new sellers to the top sometimes to give them a chance…

Agreed. Thanks for the help. If any other seller would also like to share their opinion on this problem, please let me know. Much appreciated. Thanks

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1