Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

About 5 days before my mini spike, I’d updated my highest performing gigs.

That might be an issue.

For the first time in 8 years, I’m genuinely scared about my income, since this has cut off the dependency I was able to count on

I’ve been on Fiverr for 7 years, so close to your tenure. I always say… don’t rely on a single source of online income. It can crash and burn very fast.

Fiverr tracks the last 60 days, so they still include your time off, that might be what’s keeping you out of the loop.

I had health issues in late October/Early November, I was removed from search for 2 months until mid-January, so it does take a while for things to get back on track.

That’s very good to know, thanks. I’m definitely keeping my eyes open to any potential changes once the time off is out of my 60-day period. I’ve been following these threads over the past month. My husband and I run the business together, though I work full time outside of Fiverr. Currently writing this on my lunch break. 😝 He, however, is a freelancer full time. We don’t put all our eggs in one basket by any means, though we’ve come to count on Fiverr as a full secondary income, and he stopped putting as much focus into other side ventures due to the success we found here. We are now having to revisit other avenues out of precaution. I definitely recommend everyone do more than one thing if possible, so I second that idea for anyone else following along.

The interesting thing was that updating my gig was the only thing that resulted in a spike so far. But after this drop, I’ve been trying not to touch anything and just perform well.

Though I’m interested if starting a new gig could make a difference. :thinking:

(Hopefully my replies are going to the right place. I’ve been a lurker for some time now and not very savvy at writing in forums.)

• Like 10

There are two kinds of performance that Fiverr keeps track of:

A) performance as a seller (converting prospects into buyers)

I am getting sick of students asking me to do their school work. 🤨

Lately, I have had an average of two “do my homework for me” requests per day. And if 3.0 does not like it when a seller does not convert prospects into buyers that is harmful to my account! :roll_eyes:

I have had an average of two “do my homework for me” requests per day. And if 3.0 does not like it when a seller does not convert prospects into buyers that is harmful to my account!

This is not an issue exclusive to just writers and tutors

I had an inquiry for a 90 day SEO plan today.

They wanted it to be max 2 pages, within 3 days max.

I queried both of the requirements as it sounds very assignment-y to me.

After querying and then directly asking if it was an assignment, they said it wasn’t but then disappeared. These types of requests can be for almost any service so it’s important that people are watching out for unusual and specific requirements like the above.

Oh, and it was at 2am their time - exactly the time when a student struggling with an assignment would go looking for an easy way out.

• Like 12

Since reading multiple threads about this I’ve updated my picture/description/tags on my most successful Gig and I’ve gotten a Maximum of 2 impressions per day (down from 70+), no orders or messages a day since March 13th.

Mod Note: Gig link removed. :roll_eyes:

• Like 6

So are you telling me that different customers see the gigs in a different order?

So say one buyer searches, they will see different rankings than another buyer?

I check my gig from another computer in incognito and my gig is still ranked in the same place…

Your computer shares IP with the one you use regularly?

• Like 6

So are you telling me that different customers see the gigs in a different order?

So say one buyer searches, they will see different rankings than another buyer?

I check my gig from another computer in incognito and my gig is still ranked in the same place…

Because you have the same IP

• Like 8

So different buyers see different results?

This is bad fiverr is my only source of income.

As you can see above I got different results when I searched using the same terms as others and got different results.

I think who sees what is tied to the level of the person searching. Business buyers and VID buyers are given different search results than the average buyer or other sellers get.

• Like 6

Don’t keep all eggs in a single basket. Diversify.

And of course every buyer sees different stuff. That’s because they need different things. I am a writer, in my case someone wants an article about traveling, another person wants an article about cooking. They can use filters to narrow down categories, where the writer lives, the amount of money they want to spend and so on. Obviously some buyers will have way different results when compared to others.

That’s what Fiverr 3.0 is all about. Catering to the buyer requirements and narrowing down what they really need. As Frank said, it’s all about being specific. A lot of buyers will just use filters to narrow down the stuff they want, and if your gigs are not properly updated and adjusted to suit your target audience, then you will lose potential clients.

• Like 6

This kinda touched me. I mean the part that it is your only source of income. Well, FYI you can manipulate the Fiverr algorithm to appear at first page quite easily. I’m not suggesting you do so, just telling you it is doable.

• Like 6

Don’t keep all eggs in a single basket. Diversify.

And of course every buyer sees different stuff. That’s because they need different things. I am a writer, in my case someone wants an article about traveling, another person wants an article about cooking. They can use filters to narrow down categories, where the writer lives, the amount of money they want to spend and so on. Obviously some buyers will have way different results when compared to others.

That’s what Fiverr 3.0 is all about. Catering to the buyer requirements and narrowing down what they really need. As Frank said, it’s all about being specific. A lot of buyers will just use filters to narrow down the stuff they want, and if your gigs are not properly updated and adjusted to suit your target audience, then you will lose potential clients.

All sellers will see a huge drop income because of this. How can they expect us to continue working on the platform if we can’t afford to pay our bills.

• Like 8

All sellers will see a huge drop income because of this. How can they expect us to continue working on the platform if we can’t afford to pay our bills.

All sellers will see a huge drop income because of this.

It’s all about the buyer experience here.

How can they expect us to continue working on the platform if we can’t afford to pay our bills.

There are millions of sellers here. There’s no guarantee, you just have to learn, adapt to the rules and experiment to see what works. It’s the truth… no matter how harsh it might be.

• Like 6

All sellers will see a huge drop income because of this.

It’s all about the buyer experience here.

How can they expect us to continue working on the platform if we can’t afford to pay our bills.

There are millions of sellers here. There’s no guarantee, you just have to learn, adapt to the rules and experiment to see what works. It’s the truth… no matter how harsh it might be.

But literally nothing we can do can change this drop in income.

What about all the people that quit their jobs to do fiverr full-time.

They are now completely screwed. It’s going to harm them in the long run because they are going to lose many good sellers who simply can’t sustainably work on the platform due to drop in income.

• Like 6

But literally nothing we can do can change this drop in income.

What about all the people that quit their jobs to do fiverr full-time.

They are now completely screwed. It’s going to harm them in the long run because they are going to lose many good sellers who simply can’t sustainably work on the platform due to drop in income.

What about all the people who quit their jobs to do fiverr full-time and now have more chances among established sellers?

• Like 6

What about all the people who quit their jobs to do fiverr full-time and now have more chances among established sellers?

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down. Like I said good sellers will be forced to quit fiverr and find jobs elswhere as they wont be able to sustain on the significantly lower income.

• Like 6

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sellers are the life-blood of fiverr. If their income drops significantly they will be forced to quit fiverr and find a job elsewhere. This will result in them losing many good sellers who bring in a lot of money.

One thing Fiverr is not short of is Sellers. They could probably lose 25-50% of all sellers and not really notice any difference.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down

Not everyone’s impressions can go down - there are always the same number of sellers on the first page of results. If you aren’t there, someone else is.

• Like 14

Sellers are the life-blood of fiverr. If their income drops significantly they will be forced to quit fiverr and find a job elsewhere. This will result in them losing many good sellers who bring in a lot of money.

One thing Fiverr is not short of is Sellers. They could probably lose 25-50% of all sellers and not really notice any difference.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down

Not everyone’s impressions can go down - there are always the same number of sellers on the first page of results. If you aren’t there, someone else is.

Yes but they are going to lose the good commited sellers. The ones that do this full time because it provides a good income. They will look elswhere for a job as fiverr is not sustainable anymore. The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners. Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

• Like 10

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down. Like I said good sellers will be forced to quit fiverr and find jobs elswhere as they wont be able to sustain on the significantly lower income.

Let me tell you, it all began with “Levels do not matter” logic and now we have communism on Fiverr. So it’s OUR buyers. haha!

• Like 7

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Sellers are the life-blood of fiverr. If their income drops significantly they will be forced to quit fiverr and find a job elsewhere.

You do realize there are 3-5 times more sellers than early 2020, right? There’s no shortage of sellers.

• Like 9

Yes but they are going to lose the good commited sellers. The ones that do this full time because it provides a good income. They will look elswhere for a job as fiverr is not sustainable anymore. The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners. Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

That’s not the right mindset. Competition is pro-buyers. Adam Smith would be proud too.

Do not be demoralized. Stay crunchy!

• Like 8

I’m probably one of those committed sellers. When Fiverr income goes down (as it has done every so often ever since I started here), I go do something else. There have been countless times when the system has changed and every time people say what you have said. Yes, some sellers have left Fiverr, others have joined, some who were here got busier, others continued to work with a lower income.

Cue Music 🎵 It’s the ciiiiiiircle of liiiiiife, and it mooooves us aaaaalllll 🎵

• Like 12

Sorry but at the moment you have +24 orders in queue. Most sellers here on forum never had that, ever. We get like 3-8 orders a month tops.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down.

How? If the system keeps rotating and putting the best performers to certain buyers, it can only be a good thing.

The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners.

That is Fiverr from day one, only now it is more pronounced due to pandemic.

Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

Why would you leave? Plus Fiverr can stop being profitable at any given moment due to any given reason, working and depending on just Fiverr is a risky manouver.

You can start Youtube channel with tips and tricks on how to work on Fiverr. It seems to work now, people are getting views and subscribers like crazy.

• Like 6

That’s not the right mindset. Competition is pro-buyers. Adam Smith would be proud too.

Do not be demoralized. Stay crunchy!

Adam Smith

But this effects the buyers. The good commited sellers that do it full-time with lots of experience will leave because fiverr dosen’t provide them the income they need to thrive anymore. All that will be left is low-quality sellers that arne’t bothered about wasting their time making a few 100 bucks a month. This will result in a poor buyer experience as they are no longer dealing with proffesional full-time freelancers who do it for a living.

• Like 8

Sorry but at the moment you have +24 orders in queue. Most sellers here on forum never had that, ever. We get like 3-8 orders a month tops.

This will effect everyones income as everyones impressions will go down.

How? If the system keeps rotating and putting the best performers to certain buyers, it can only be a good thing.

The marketplace will just become full of low-quality low-earners.

That is Fiverr from day one, only now it is more pronounced due to pandemic.

Because the drop in income will make the good sellers leave.

Why would you leave? Plus Fiverr can stop being profitable at any given moment due to any given reason, working and depending on just Fiverr is a risky manouver.

You can start Youtube channel with tips and tricks on how to work on Fiverr. It seems to work now, people are getting views and subscribers like crazy.

Because fiverr would become an unsastainable source of income for them due to the drop in income and they will need to find a new job.

I know I wont be able to survive with this income drop so will have to find a job.

Well… its only been like this for a few days. I’ve went from like 6 sales a day to like 0 - 1 which if it continues like this will be unsatainable.

• Like 6