What would you do with $1000 in Fiverr Bucks?

Kesha

Whether you're a freelancer or a customer on our platform, there's a variety of services and products ready for you! They can benefit you in both your professional and personal life.

Imagine you've got an extra $1000 in Fiverr credit. What service(s) would you splurge on?

• Like 24
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Oooh, I love this question!

I'm working on a short fantasy book with a twist, so I probably would spend the money on ads and social media marketing while I figure out the rest of it myself since I already have an artist (and can figure out the formatting/etc. myself.)

• Like 25

I would use it to pay for a To-Do app/website that I can personalize to fit my needs. I am sooooo tired of using apps like Trello and Notion (these services may seem advanced to some users, but if you understand monopoly, you will realize how even basic features are missing from these platforms.) --- and basically, I want something that's made just for me to help me manage my schedule, tasks and projects better.

The only thing missing from my bucket is a to-do app that can help me work more efficiently, stay organized, and be as productive as possible (all based on my need).

• Like 23

Honestly, in my case, I would focus on personal branding. That means buying a little bit of everything, creating another personal website or maybe improving the one I currently have, buy email marketing services, SEO, social media ads, and also pay a tutor for a few marketing lessons, specifically stuff that's newer and due to being busy I didn't get caught up to it yet. 

• Like 23

I would just continue to spend it on whatever I need for my game. Recently, it has mostly gone toward voice acting, so that would probably be the case for the $1000 as well.

• Like 24

26 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I would just continue to spend it on whatever I need for my game. Recently, it has mostly gone toward voice acting, so that would probably be the case for the $1000 as well.

What kind of game are you making? 

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

What kind of game are you making? 

Text Me Back, a narrative-driven small-town mystery game with choices (and a couple of twists). It basically plays like Life is Strange if you know that. 

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 20

32 minutes ago, vibronx said:

It basically plays like Life is Strange if you know that. 

I do. Great idea, hopefully you can share a Steam link when it's out 🙂 I would be interested, and I am sure I'm not alone. Good luck!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I'd go for world peace, and maybe lead generation.

Ooh, and maybe if I could bribe Neo into making people read gig descriptions and FAQ's, that would be a dream come true. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 14
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, vibronx said:

Recently, it has mostly gone toward voice acting

54 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

That would cover needed voice over work for my video work

Fellas, we need to talk. 

TV gif. Seth Meyers as host of Late Night tilts his head and smiles as he opens his hands in a shrug.

Edited by newsmike
pic
  • Like 7
  • Haha 17

Oooo! FUN hypothetical!

If I were to go business, I'd make new gig videos. I'm way overdue for updating my gigs. Or I could do something for my day job, I can think of a couple of 3D designing projects that could help my workplace.

If I were to go personal for-fun, though, I've made a mostly complete, hand-drawn, 6-ish panel, full-page LU fan comic that I I'd love to get 'inked' and colored, maybe even with background. Yes, it's something I could do myself, but it's always been a back-burner project ever since my tablet broke. (Inking with a mouse is doable, but tedious and very much not-fun.) Alternatively, I have five different ideas for AMVs/PMVs that I've outlined. I can make basic videos, but I've never managed to get the timing quite right to match the tempo.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

I can't believe nobody's already suggested contacting CS and asked for the credits to be turned into real money. 

After CS denies me because of some made up excuse like "it was just a fun little forum thread that didn't mean anything" (typical corporate lies), I would make at least 10 angry posts about it and also then go onto spam every single thread with my issue until I eventually got bored, sad, and hopeless. 

Alternatively, I would buy 1 gig each from 200 meksells and terrorize them by being the worst and most demanding buyer ever*. And then come on the forum and make 200 posts about how awful each seller was without naming them because I respect the forum rules and would never break them like that. 

I am assuming that there are no service fees or "small order fees" since this is monopoly money. But if there are, I'll just write more complaining posts about how senseless it is to fee monopoly money and how this is all one giant s-word.  

Overall, I think it would be better just to give me $1,000 so I can throw it all away on horses. Then I could write just 1 complaining post explaining how Fiverr is 100% responsible for my gambling problem. 

*Just asking them to do what they claim they can do

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Kesha said:

Whether you're a freelancer or a customer on our platform, there's a variety of services and products ready for you! They can benefit you in both your professional and personal life.

I work pro bono with a charity in the UK helping young adults from disadvantaged communities build businesses. $1000 dollars can go a long way if spent wisely so the list is pretty broad... website design, videos, social media content, and of course voiceovers 😜, so I'd use it to buy the services they need but can't afford to help move their business along. Help me out @Kesha?

For fun though I'd probably pay @newsmike to create memes, or better still to do a voice over. He's got a great voice, and I'd love to pay him to say things I know he doesn't agree with (you did say professional or personal!). That would make me chuckle. What's the most 'least likely for Mike to say' statement? Ideas please!

For me, I've had a website idea for a while, I know the seller I want to use, I just need to get it done.

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, emmaki said:

I would buy 1 gig each from 200 meksells

Just think of all the promoted gig inbox messages you would get, and the review reminders.

Speaking of promoted gigs I got this message today, after the client had already completed an order. Did I just pay for the client to thank me 😆

Screenshot2024-03-01180652.png.1d3f6372b212668e8620ffd88fe04b52.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, emmaki said:

Alternatively, I would buy 1 gig each from 200 meksells and terrorize them by being the worst and most demanding buyer ever*.

Not gonna be able to do that with $1000, those buyer fees add up quick.

• Like 10

I will spend $1000 on marketing to get a return of $10000.

1. Expense for promoted Gig with high CPC
  2. Buy Lead generation service
  3. Buy email marketing service
  4. Spend some for skill development(self investment)

• Like 10
  • Up 2

5 hours ago, Kesha said:

Imagine you've got an extra $1000 in Fiverr credit. What service(s) would you splurge on?

I will move my business website to WordPress and run ads on social media to get More customers 

• Like 11