Subscription orders - they seem to.... not work?

I'd love to know everyone's experience with Subscription Orders - whether you're a buyer or seller.

These orders involve getting automatically billed for multiple orders over a 3 or 6 month period - for a discount.

In my experience (as a seller)... they don't really work?

I LOVE the idea of them - they're a great way to make precarious work a little less...precarious. I'm really glad Fiverr brought this in.

But the problem is - in my field of work at least - I've had many subscription orders just sit there for months on end, because they're simply not ready to submit their requirements. This is fine, but it just seems to not be working.

What's your experience?

• Like 2

Used them once. Buyer cancelled after second order as was too restrictive. 

I keep them just to fob off the "plenty of work for you in the future" crowd when they're acting like a walking red flag. 

When I was in TLV many moons ago with another seller, we were in a product meeting and were asked to describe features we wanted. Oddly enough, we both prioritized subscriptions and gave detailed information on how it could best work. 

I don't know the other seller's opinion of the mess that eventually came out (I think 2-3 years later), but it was plain as day that for all the talking, the only word they had listened to was "subscription". I don't remember much of what we said, but I do know that one of our concerns was flexibility.

I believe all other sellers who have had extended chats with Fiverr staff in panels etc have a similar experience: ultimately, their voices are not heard and the feature that later comes out is some sort of abomination from someone completely disconnected with the reality of how the marketplace will use it. 

I guess that's just corporate efficiency for you. Never mind. They have ChatGPT now, and that has great ideas. Indeed, I made a topic about it yesterday that may or may not have been approved. Probably because it was pretty clear that staff had already cadged and worsened a few ideas from it and left the good ones to rot... 

• Like 3

When a mommy (seller) and a daddy (buyer) love each other very very much, they do a special hug. After 30 seconds of vigorous special hugging, a subscription is made. It can take up to six months for the subscription to be born, unless a sad thing happens and mommy and daddy decide to do a bad thing to the subscription. 

God is always very sad when a subscription stops like this. when this happens, he sends his angelthms out to make sure it happens less by reminding mommy that success is important, and that she did not make daddy or God happy because her tummy is a failure. That's why mommy has to be cast out into the desert, so she can learn her lesson and be a better mommy to her next subscription. The angelthms do not bother daddy because daddy is an economically viable unit, and God loves all of his economically viable units very, very much. 

OK, bored of that flight of fancy now and its difficult to take it anywhere without taking a dark turn into socio-economic commentary about the fundamental power imbalances of etc. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, kakoliaktar5659 said:

It is better to hurry in any work but in all cases it is done well if you work patiently and take time.

That's where the 30 seconds of vigorous special hugging comes in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My subscriptions are not automatically subtracting the % discount when raised from the order page or chat, so I have to do maths.  Eeek!

On the up side, tho, they are automatically renewed without having to hang around waiting for the buyer to accept each month. 

Swings, roundabouts ...

• Like 3

I have a few subscriptions set up with quality buyers. They're all custom, so I wouldn't know if the ordering process messes up (Like coerdelion said, not subtracting the discount, etc.)

In the past, a couple of buyers failed to submit requirements and the subscription languished or was eventually cancelled.

They're quite nice when you can vet the buyer first with Request to Order (Seller Plus perk) turned on.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2024 at 2:23 PM, navid_zafar said:

Subscriptions are working pretty fine for me. Hastle free and consistant source of income. Never faced any issues.

I'm really glad it's working for you - any steps towards generating consistency are fantastic.

• Like 1