Official feedback thread re: the new leveling system

47 minutes ago, cucinavivace said:

You'll come back to things being worse with a longer time to climb back up.

There will be no point in returning to the platform and climbing somewhere if they won't fix that update. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3
  • Up 2

8 minutes ago, kyiviter said:

There will be no point in returning to the platform and climbing somewhere if they won't fix that update. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not trying to convince you to. Just giving you a fact. What you do with it is completely up to you. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Look, people are going to go get theirs where they can. If Fiverr doesn't choose them as one of the blessed few, they go elsewhere. It's a simple fact. Most only see Fiverr as just one spoke on their wheel. The only reason people persist here is that they do see others prosper on the site. They see that it's possible. The thing is, and few realize in time, that this is only 20% up to you. You of course have to be set up right, however after that, it's up to whatever powers that be to LET you get up in the rankings, regardless of talent or situation. If indeed the machine is the only mover, then we are truly pooched.

The machine can't yet make aesthetic choices. 

Ai or not, it still can't see the nuisance of cancelling one order to correct something, vs. a bad outcome.  

Edited by rudyabel
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

On 4/25/2024 at 4:48 AM, priyank_mod said:

Yesss!!! 

Dozens of good completed orders don't really take our enquiries or orders to the NEXT level but just one bad order is good enough to tank everything for months!! 

Same momentum gets extended to our SS too, either ways!!

You are SPOT ON!! I've completed 3 orders and all have gotten 5 star ratings...yet my success score is dropping. IT MAKES NO SENSE. I'm so disgusted with Fiverr. I keep hanging on thinking Fiverr will dump their crappy success score nonsense. But I know that will probably not happen.

• Like 2
  • Up 4

On 4/26/2024 at 3:21 AM, cucinavivace said:

Just FYI, if you pause your gigs your score will continue to go down. I paused mine for three or four weeks and my score went from 6 to 3. CS confirmed it was due to inactivity. 

You'll come back to things being worse with a longer time to climb back up.

You are completely right! That's why I keep hanging around hoping things will change. I've really enjoyed my time at Fiverr. But they keep "moving the goal post" when it comes to moving up a level. I'm tired of playing games with these nitwits. They claim the new system is more transparent for the seller? What a bunch of BS. It's more transparent for anybody BUT the seller. I believe Fiverr has some hidden agenda...somehow this new system must put more money in Fiverr's pocket. It ALWAYS comes down to money.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

On 4/26/2024 at 1:21 PM, cucinavivace said:

Just FYI, if you pause your gigs your score will continue to go down. I paused mine for three or four weeks and my score went from 6 to 3. CS confirmed it was due to inactivity. 

Welll that makes no sense. If I don't want to offer that service anymore, why would they penalize me? Keep the success score it had for the average score, but don't lower it because the service is not something I want to offer anymore. I just paused a service yesterday because I don't want to provide it, I had 2 buyers abuse the system for it so I just want to stop the service. It's sad to see that the success score will be lower if I don't bring that service back.. 

• Like 1
  • Up 2

That's corporate culture for you. Everything is genius on a whiteboard. Then the quagmire ensues. The stock is already at a pre-pandemic level with no gains to show for it. It should have retained some of it's gains. But it has cratered. All it needs is a few bad quarters and someone will buy it out. And then it's "all hail to our new overlords." I can't see how killing business makes them money. They will feel the shortfall. Then people start "resigning". 

• Like 2
  • Up 2

20 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Welll that makes no sense. If I don't want to offer that service anymore, why would they penalize me? Keep the success score it had for the average score, but don't lower it because the service is not something I want to offer anymore. I just paused a service yesterday because I don't want to provide it, I had 2 buyers abuse the system for it so I just want to stop the service. It's sad to see that the success score will be lower if I don't bring that service back.. 

The gig score doesn't change. Your success score (which is more than your gig scores averaged) changes regardless of your gig scores if you're inactive. That may require complete inactivity as in the case of the person I responded to, which was the case with me as well. That's all I talked about, being completely inactive with all gigs paused.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The gig dragging down my success score is this one.  

Click throughs are outperforming 96% of sellers and the conversion rate is outperforming 71% of sellers, at a starting price of $125.

Repeat clients currently are at 60%.  I have only had three gigs for a few years, so the same clients keep buying this well performing gig over and over.

This gig has produced a couple of thousand of delighted clients over eleven years.

Should I pause this extremely successful time tested gig to improve my success score?

Something seems off to have a gig like this considered a poorly performing gig.

This gig has a success score of only 4. It's been my steady earning gig for eleven years.  

fiverr screenshot my gig.png

fiverr gig .png

Edited by misscrystal
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, misscrystal said:

Yesterday I added two more gigs to the three I have.  Silly me, that would drag my success score down from 6 to 3!  I just paused them.

I thought new gigs didn't get a score. After 3 to 4 orders there is enough data to get a score. It was like that for me (and it still is).

• Like 2
  • Up 1

44 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I thought new gigs didn't get a score. After 3 to 4 orders there is enough data to get a score. It was like that for me (and it still is).

Just did a bit of stalking @filipdevaere! Love how you're using your full gig capacity. Nice work! I need to do the same but I'm procrastinating. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Just did a bit of stalking @filipdevaere! Love how you're using your full gig capacity. Nice work! I need to do the same but I'm procrastinating. 

I still need to adjust/replace a few gigs. Not everything is ready yet.

If you are top-rated combined with PRO and get enough orders, Fiverr will always place you high in the search results. So with 28 gigs, I have much visibility in the search results. Most of my gigs are selling. But even the not-so-popular gigs are high in the search results.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

37 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I still need to adjust/replace a few gigs. Not everything is ready yet.

and it never will be I think! That's the thing with Fiverr, I think you have to constantly iterate, just like with any business. It's easy to get comfortable when the orders are rolling in.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

More SM insights (reddit), this time revealing the possibility that only your best selling gig matters.

I like the use of the word "appears" which suggests that they have no idea and are just guessing, too. Well worth $40/mo, eh, chaps?

image.png.a7c57362a6a4247ed5106c578723bc30.png

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Nowadays, my top selling gig impression is going down day by day and and I have no idea what I have to do now. I am sharing my gig on social media platforms and also completing orders on that particular gig.

Can anyone check and let me know?

• Like 1
  • Up 2

I have a new gig with only two orders that now shows a success score of 6.

One order was from a client who never leaves reviews but always comes back to me. The other client left a long, glowing public review.

My main score's holding at 9, for now, maybe, maybe not.

Uncertainty and the opaqueness of this system's the best thing, ever.

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, mandyzines said:

I have a new gig with only two orders that now shows a success score of 6.

One order was from a client who never leaves reviews but always comes back to me. The other client left a long, glowing public review.

My main score's holding at 9, for now, maybe, maybe not.

Uncertainty and the opaqueness of this system's the best thing, ever.

They don't like it when buyers leave no review. I do not have proof, but I have a feeling based on what I'm seeing with general inquiry volume and certain other behaviors that "no review" = "poor client satisfaction" to them in the new math. It might not be as bad as a negative private rating, but it doesn't surprise me really that one 5 and one 0-feedback would be the same as a 5 and a 3 (which might get the gig a score of 6).

And just because there's been some terminology mixing and resulting confusion in other posts, your gig has a gig score. You have an overall Success Score. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cucinavivace said:

They don't like it when buyers leave no review. I do not have proof, but I have a feeling based on what I'm seeing with general inquiry volume and certain other behaviors that "no review" = "poor client satisfaction" to them in the new math. It might not be as bad as a negative private rating, but it doesn't surprise me really that one 5 and one 0-feedback would be the same as a 5 and a 3 (which might get the gig a score of 6).

Most of my recent orders had no review, and I mean around 80%, for some reason people don't have time or don't want to leave reviews. Not having a review won't affect your gig score from what I saw, but it doesn't help either. They do want reviews to feed their AI with the data it needs. In general, most of my customers don't leave reviews, but I don't feel punished by that. Plus, some might leave private reviews even if the order autocompletes, that's beyond what info we get as sellers though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Most of my recent orders had no review, and I mean around 80%, for some reason people don't have time or don't want to leave reviews. Not having a review won't affect your gig score from what I saw, but it doesn't help either. 

I'd venture to guess it doesn't have as much impact on someone with over 19,000 reviews as it does on someone with a few hundred. 🙂

On that gig she mentioned, she's at 50%.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cucinavivace said:

I'd venture to guess it doesn't have as much impact on someone with over 19,000 reviews as it does on someone with a few hundred. 🙂

True but at the same time, newer reviews matter more. And we have no idea what people leave in the background. For all I know, I only have bad private reviews for recent orders. There's no way to know how people rate you privately and that's what matters. If anything, having lots of reviews is a liability because it attracts lots of meksells that bring "give me work" messages.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

True but at the same time, newer reviews matter more. And we have no idea what people leave in the background. For all I know, I only have bad private reviews for recent orders. There's no way to know how people rate you privately and that's what matters. If anything, having lots of reviews is a liability because it attracts lots of meksells that bring "give me work" messages.

No disrespect intended, but that all seems very far afield from the post on "somehow one 5 star rating and one with no rating, but from a client she's sure did not leave negative private feedback, total two orders, equals a gig score of 6," which was all I guessed at possible reasons for.

All you're saying is true and you've said it many times in this thread, but I don't see the connection to her situation or how I responded to it.

• Like 3