When the buyer sends a cancellation request stating that the ‘quality isn’t of standard,’ does it have any negative effect on gig performance?

habibur614

Question

Initially, the client was satisfied with the sample work I submitted for their project. However, upon completing the order, the buyer expressed dissatisfaction and requested a cancellation due to quality concerns "quality isn't of standard". However, If I accept the cancelation request "quality isn't of standard." Does it have any negative effect on gig performance?

Thanks!
Habibur

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, habibur614 said:

Initially, the client was satisfied with the sample work I submitted for their project. However, upon completing the order, the buyer expressed dissatisfaction and requested a cancellation due to quality concerns "quality isn't of standard". However, If I accept the cancelation request "quality isn't of standard." Does it have any negative effect on gig performance?

Yes. 

It will affect your stats, including your success score. All cancellations will, but from what I understand, cancellations that go through customer support (forced cancellations) will hurt you more than just accepting it via the resolution center. If you refuse to cancel and the buyer goes to support, and they side with the buyer, that's a forced cancellation. So if your buyer isn't happy with your work, the lesser of two evils will be to accept the request, if you're not 100% sure that the quality of your work is as described in your gig description. If you believe your work matches what you promise in your gig description and/or custom offer to the buyer, Fiverr's cancellation terms clearly state the following: 

"Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received."

The following is from: Payment Terms (fiverr.com)

Even so, support tends to favor buyers most of the time. If you truly believe that the quality of your work and your service "was delivered as described on the gig page," you could refuse to accept the cancellation and hope that support decides to back you. It's definitely a risk, but so is letting buyers push you around and make you work for free.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4